The CHEETAH Crew.....Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin’, cheetah babes! :) :) :)

Lori :: love the new avatar pic…That color is perfect for you—matches your eyes…lookin’ buff & gorgeous, girl!…Poor little DS!… I can imagine the whining might grate on even the most patient parent’s nerves…sending lots of *happy baby* vibes up north to ya! Great job cleaning up the eating. I need to take a page out of your book! Certain elements of my life feel out of control these days, and that’s certainly one of ‘em!

Wendy :: You must be some kind of masochist, banning yourself from Target like that! *lol* That reminds me, I also have to run over there and return the shirt. How was the party?

Wendi :: good luck in the tourney! Knock ‘em dead!

Dallas :: Poor DS…hope it passed quickly for him…Kenpo+ is fun! Way better than the first Kenpo. Good luck with the studying!

Sunny :: enjoy b’fast with your menfolk this morning! PS…I ordered AOS Providence yesterday.

Carole :: True, the flu has hit hard this year…A lot of kids have been out with it. Seems to run through the whole family…The good thing is next year will NOT be like this AT ALL…even if I don’t achieve certification the first time around…I would just need to redo certain portions and not have to deal with everything all at once. In retrospect, it might not have been a wise choice to pursue NB at this time because our language arts curriculum is in the middle of overhaul. But that is a five-year process, so there might never really have been a “good” time.

Jackie :: hope the roads were clear for you yesterday.

Christine :: As mentioned to Sunny, I ordered AOS Providence yesterday…looks great! Do I need 2 kb’s for that one?…The work? Well, it’s there. I am trying not to panic, but I do feel somewhat overwhelmed. I hope I make the deadline (3/30). Then, I test in early June…sounds like a great hike for you & Jimmy yesterday. I’m smiling at his boundless energy – I need me some o’ that!…I like to run using shuffle mode, too, and sometimes I am struck by the right song at the right moment like that.

Hi Judy!

Yesterday, I enjoyed 30 min. on the EXT followed by an absolutely divine massage that left me feeling like rubber. I took a drive over to PA to a certain ski shop, and then when I got home, I caved in to the feelings of crud. It's gotten me, too. I spent pretty much the whole rest of the day on the couch, which meant zero productivity, which means the stress levels just ratcheted up another ten notches :7, but today is a new day, and I'm just gonna suck it up and do what I can do. Stayin' positive!

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Good morning cheetahs! I hope you all are doing okay today with an hour less of sleep. No time to catch up on personals :( but wanted to let you all know that I'm doing okay. Got in a good workout yesterday with Bodymax#1. DH and I have set a tentative move date of May 6th. I have applications in with a few travel nurse companies--the problem here is that they bombard you with offers.... its really quite overwhelming.

Today will be a rest day since I'm in between 12 hr shifts. It has been unusually slow tonight for a change:).

Have a good one!

ShellyC

Happy Sunday ladies, (walks in forum rubbing eyes saying gimme back my hour...)

cathy- you will really like providence. i know you asked christine, however no, you will not need two KB's for that workout. another plus is anthony is not bad on the eyes either. i love his boston accent.

shelly- i am happy for you and dh that you have a tentative date. you two are moving right along. did you receive your license yet?

christine- the workout i did yesterday was from keith webber. i have steve cotter's but haven't done it yet. what a nice story last night. yes it is a wonderful world and i think sometimes we forget to count our blessings:)

wendy- so how was the dinner and party last night?

carole- good workout yesterday. glad you enjoyed your movie. i watched mystic river (w/sean penn) last night and it was a good movie. although some parts were quite disturbing.

judy and lorie- yea i am so excited you are joining of for NWOL!! we just may have to start our own check-in.

dallas- happy reading...;o) i am soooo excited there are going to be quite a few of us doing NWOL together!!!

today i was going to workout since i missed my workout on thursday and we are going out for breakfast. however i didn't set my clock back last night so i woke up too late to get a workout and breakfast in before church. so today might just be a yoga today later on.

enjoy your day cheetah friends!!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..thanks for explaining the NB process. I had no idea it took 5 years! I can see why no time would be necessarily a "good" time to do it. Glad to know next year won't be as bad as this one has. Good job with the EXT workout and hopefully the massage got rid of some of the crud you are feeling. Enjoy your sunday...:)

Shelly...good job with the original Bodymax. Wow, I bet that May date will come up fast. So you have been bombarded with job offers? Enjoy your rest day.

Sunny..IA that parts of Mystic River were disturbing. I do think Penn is a good actor. Enjoy your B-Day breakfast and yoga later.

Wendy...you really seem to be having fun at Target...:D..How was the party?

Dallas...glad you have some better weather on the way. LOL about you looking like Harry Potter with your specs! I started wearing glasses a few years ago. Mostly just for close up stuff.

Judy...glad DS14's games are local. How exciting your trip is coming up...:)

Jackie...I thought I remembered you seeing that movie...no popcorn for me but I did have some hot tamales...I think DH likes the book so far. He was trying to explain the concept to my BIL last night...:)..I sure hope it does not freeze for you...

Christine...I had not gone to the movies in quite awhile myself. But every now and then on fridays I get a huge gap in my work schedule, so I may as well do something!! LOL at the trail running adventure!! I enjoyed that run (and meeting your doggies) Way to go on getting in 11 pizza burning miles...:)...I don't think you are a sap at all...certain songs just do things to ya!

I ended up doing a circuit mish mosh yesterday with my EXT and MM legs, chest and back. It took about an hour and felt great. Today will be a 7 mile run (more if my hip feels good) with my sister and friend. Then some more yard work.

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Right now I don’t mind the time change, but tomorrow morning!!! It might have to be an easier week for me. :p I’m feeling the trail run yesterday, but it was fun. I’m either going to do an AOS Providence/Low Max on BOSU mish mosh, or LIC on BOSU. We’ll see. I'm kind of missing weights, so that might be the way I go.

Cathy – AOS Providence is one kettlebell. You’ll be fine. That’s a good one – congrats! Speaking of the right song at the right time – I was training for my half and I think I was doing the 9 mile run and using Grace to get me through. I was almost done – my stopping point was Rainbow Drive to walk the last ½ mile, when the song said that the Rainbow would be here soon. I almost didn’t make it I was laughing too hard. :p

Shelly – see what you have to look forward to when you move to PA? These crazy time changes! Glad to hear it was a slow night. Nice to have a date, isn’t it? I hope you find the right place for you!

Sunny – Oh, THAT Extreme KB – that’s a killer!! I do that one and I’m WIPED!!! His TGU’s are killer too. But they are fun. Sometimes I like to start with those. His abs are fun – except the plank that never seems to end! Enjoy your breakfast!!! How sweet!

Carole – It’s fun when you get unexpected treats like your movie, isn’t it? Hope you run many miles today! Say hi to your sis for me! I enjoyed running with her. I’m feeling it today, but it’s all good. I pushed a bit further than I was ready for – but Jimmy is right as rain today – I want some of his energy! :p

Well, DD15’s BF will be coming over for dinner, so I’m going to rope him into changing my bike tire (still haven’t done that). My achilles is bothering me from the run, so I want to be gentle to it this week. I figure a nice rotation of cycling and kettlebells will be good. Have a great day all!

Hey Cheetahs.

Well I had fun last night but am paying the price this morning. I am tired, bloated and cranky. No hang over but I ate waaaaay too much cr@p last night and feel totally nasty because of it! UGH!x( I NEED to do a work out today to help me feel better but with the time change we didn't get to bed until 2:30-3:00am and I woke up at 6am and couldn't fall back to sleep! I'm exhuasted! I'm putting DS down for his nap at noon and hitting the bed. I'm going to set my alarm for 30 mins. Any longer of a nap and it's bound to backfire on me...I'm just not so sure any length nap will be enough to make me feel better today. Keep your fingers crossed that it is though...I NEED TO WORK OUT! Off to guzzle water now!

Sorry for complaining but thanks for listening!:)

BBL!

Hi girls…

Have been workin’ my tushie off all day so far and am poppin’ in for a break. I am currently wearing black sweatpants and a white Pebble Beach sweatshirt. I hope everyone approves of the colors. ;) http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/grouch/th_rolleyes.gif

Two of my all-time favorite movies are showing back-to-back today: 16 Candles and Better Off Dead. I've had them playing in the background and have been smiling while I'm working, listening to my favorite lines.

Shelly :: great to hear from you…I assume you mean a rest day from working out as I’ll bet you are doing anything BUT resting today. I can imagine it would be overwhelming to have to choose between numerous offers. Good luck!

Sunny :: thanks for the info on Providence…Can’t wait til it gets here. I was watching a Sean Penn film -- part of The Interpreter -- when I was on the EXT yesterday. Hadn’t seen that one before. Looks good. Enjoy your yoga if that’s what you wind up doing.

Carole :: oh no…it’s the curriculum overhaul that is supposed to take five years (we’re in year three). NB itself can take anywhere from 1-3 years. Neither of which is very exciting, so I’ll leave it at that. :) The massage was wonderful, though the crud kicked in after. Sounds like a fab circuit yesterday…how did your hip do for you today?

Christine :: too funny about the Rainbow. Hope your achilles twinge disappears.

Wendy :: shake it off, girl, and feel better. :) Glad you had fun.

Christine...I woke up at 4:45 this morning, which of course was really 3:45 and as I love this time change I will feel it later! Yes, the movies have been great unexpected treats. I will tell Karen you say "HI"...I could use some of precious Jimmy's energy too...:D. Sorry about the Achilles pain...I got some unexpected knee pain myself...it never ends...Hope DD's BF changes the tire for you and that you all have a nice dinner.

Wendy...hey, we all have to get out and have some fun sometimes!! But we do pay the price for bad eating as I know...I bet tomorrow will be a much better day and don't worry about today, take it easy...

Cathy..your lounging attire sounds cool..:D...Glad you can listen to some movies while you work...hopefully it relieves a bit of the pressure...I guess I should have more coffee before I read the posts!! Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I will send you crudgoawayfast vibes...:)..the hip hurt a bit the last 2 miles....but then this knee pain....sh!t...

I ended up going 8 miles, which might not have been smart...I got this weird knee pain at about 7 miles....like I said to Christine, it just never ends...I felt better rolling out the hip pain. Then showered and made a quiche from scratch! I am following a chicken recipe using seitan...I hope it is good.

Good Afternoon.

I feel a bit better now. I took a 20 minute power nap and then burned off some negative energy doing some rearranging and cleaning...yup, by the time I'm done DH will probably think he walked into the wrong house when he gets back!:p

After that I popped in TJ Cardio Party 2 and had some fun. I just couldn't get serious and "bring it" with Total Body+ so I let it slide...It was my first time doing TJ CP2 and it was fun. I think I like the orginal CP a little better but it's a great work out nonetheless!:)

K, time to jump in the shower....Guess where I'm headed in a little while!? }( }( }( LOL

BBL for personals! I PROMISE!:+

Another quick break. Concentration is fadin' here. :) I'm going to hit the couch briefly, then work out, and get back to the portfolios for a bit more revision.

Carole :: yeahhhp, I'm pretty much a slob today. :) I don't think it was you - I think my explanation was confusing. :) That stinks about the knee pain. What's this--you're cooking with Satan??? :7

Wendy :: well, you didn't last very long now, didja? ;) :7 So do tell us: whatdja score?

>Wendy :: well, you didn't last very long now, didja? ;)
>:7 So do tell us: whatdja score?
>

Hold on a minute! In my defense, I said I was boycotting Target for 6 months AFTER my FINAL return was done! I went today to return both pair of capris that didn't fit. While I was there I took one last gander and well, I just HAD to pick up a few things. If the stuff I just bought fits that means my final return is done and THEN I won't go back for 6 months!:p :7

That being said, I just went and tried everything on before posting this and guess what....sadly, my reign of terror on Target is over as nothing I purchased today needs to be returned. :-(

See you in Septemeber Target. It was fun while it lasted. :)

BTW, I got a pair of running shorts that are the same color scheme as the shorts I picked up from there earlier in my shopping spree so I also picked up a coordinating sports bra and 2 singlet tops that match as well. I know I have cr@ppy worn out work out clothes that I should throw out and now I should be in a position to get rid of them. I'm putting that on my list of chores for this week!:)

Quick check in - ended up doing intervals 1-5 of Low Max and AOS Providence. I started my workout and the aches and pains disappeared. I LOVE when that happens. I'm sitting here chomping at the bit for my Spinervals. It's been too long! Hopefully tomorrow. I CAN change a tire - but it's easier to let DBF do it. :p And he enjoys being helpful.

YIKES! I just realized I never did personals today! Where the heck did my manner go, ladies?? :eek: I know I know...you can say it...who said I EVER had any manners!? :p LOL

Cathy: HAH! I knew it! You will end up in the same viscious cycle of purchases and returns as I was just in. It's just an excuse to keep going back though!:p :7 Love "16 Candles" and if I recall "Better off Dead" is a goodie too. Actually all of those "rat pack" movies of the 80's were fun! We grew up in such a fun decade, didn't we? :)

Shelly: Glad you are doing well. Hope you find a job soon. If you get out here a week earlier then your target date then you can run my May 4th half with me!;)

Sunny: Sorry your forgot to change the clock and lost some work out time. How was breakfast? I think that you should have stayed home in your warm bed and let all THREE boys make you breakfast in bed!}(

Carole: Ya know I'm often jealous of you Cali girls and the warmth you get all year round but I am quickly realizing that this comes with things like yard work ALL YEAR ROUND! YIKES! I'd never survive as it's not my cup of tea and my DH can't even handle cutting the grass on a weekly basis!:p LOL Sorry about the knee pain. Hope the homemade quiche was good!

Christine: Great work out today! Hope your flat gets fixed ASAP so you can have your spinervals back!}(

Christine :: So glad your workout knocked the crud right out.

Wendy :: I never made it out to return the shirt today. But no big deal...Target, as you know, is a weekly fix for me. I've been finding such cute clothes there lately but never try anything on, so I have been doing a number of exchanges, too. Nothing vicious about the cycle at all for me. :7 :7 :7 I enjoy it... Oh yeah, I love everything 80s...those are two of my favorite flicks of all time. *sigh* Jake Ryan was SUCH a dreamboat.

Well, my workout is done (Iron Core KB Vol. 2). I find the instructor to be a little sing-song-y, but overall, I give that one a thumbs up. I liked it better than Vol. 1. The lunges and the deck squats were the bomb! I do think I need to work on my form with the snatches, though. Not quite sure I "get" it.

All right, I'm outta here. GN!

Good evening Cheetahville!

MIA/Slacker Cheetah reporting for duty *salute*. I will catch up with everyone, I promise...probably tomorrow night. I'm missing my Cheetah fix and I have a funny story to share with you all...actually, it's a ROFLMAO moment with one of the horses at work yesterday but that can wait until tomorrow. We all wish we had this moment on video I can tell you that!

I have to say that I, for a nice change of pace, had an AWESOME day today :7! Why can't there be more of these more often? I started the morning with 4DS HIS Cardio (foot is *acceptable* at this point so I figured I'll do as much as it will allow) and UB Weights premix. I was jello by the time I was done and it felt fantastic }(! I'm starting to wonder if the lack of cardio was partly to blame for my bad mood lately???

Then DSO and I headed off to the tourney, which is at a house that I HATE!!!!!!! I NEVER shoot well there. Threw a couple of practice games and they were really good so I was feeling positive. First game of competition was a bit low (192) but no one else bowling around us was shooting the lights out either so I felt better about that. Next game was 268 and last game 236...unbelievably good scores for that house so I am *thrilled* right now going into next week. I have six more games Saturday...who knows, I might get a piece of the pot :7.

Okay enough yammering about bowling, I'm sure you're all quite bored by now lol :p! B&G Leg Blast ("Oh no, not that again" premix }() is on the agenda for tomorrow morning. I probably won't get here in the morning so I want to wish everyone a great Monday! Ta ta!

Wendi:

Congrats on the awesome scores in the tourney! My DH left today with his friends to compete in the national tournament being held in New Mexico this year! He's gone very year for a few years now. I don't mind it either. It's a nice break in a way. Yeah I still have my son and my dog but it's one less person to clean up after!:p Next year it's supposed to be in Vegas. I am NOT being left behind for that one!}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.