Cheetah Check-In Wednesday July 26

pace1987

Cathlete
Wow I can't believe Im the first one to check-in. Today Im thinking of going to the Y and doing a total body weight training and maybe downloading iClimb 20 minute workout and try it. Not really sure yet though if this is the plan.

Wendy yes I do live in NJ. I live in Union County. I actually live close about 5 miles from Lauramax if she didn't move yet. Can you believe it I never met her yet. Do you know Union County at all. I am close to Summit.

I will check back later:)

Good morning cheetahs

Thanks again for all your thoughts, prayers and hugs...I have better news today!

Barbara...good workout for you yesterday. Being off for the summer sounds nice...:)..enjoy your workout today whatever you decide.

Elaine...GS Chest & tris is a killer workout, your training seems to be going well...

Mattea...I have seen a few snakes on my runs too. It's funny about the mountain lions as we have seen tracks and you get this feeling they are right there, but I've not seen one yet...bear..yep!!...I agree 35 lbs for crazy 8's is not possible for me. I do like MIS though. Good workout...:)

Wendy...good treadmill workout yesterday. With this heat I am wishing I had one as running has really gotten tough outdoors. It was 87 at 5 AM yesterday!

Yadi...you sure our a cheetah!!! Those blasts in Kickmax are not easy!

Barb...wow floorwork from L&G & GS...a burner!

Laurie...sounds like the "Friends For Life Relay" was an incredible experience for you! It is truly amazing what those athletes can accomplish.

The good news is my nephew John was evaluated by a Doctor from the coast yesterday..John has feeling down his right thigh and when the Doctor told him to close his eyes as he twisted his right foot, John told the Doc which way he twisted it! I believe that means his spinal cord is not severed!! He looked so much better today...had his color back and was joking aroung saying he was going to kick all of us out of his room! They flew him to Santa Clara Medical Center in San Jose yesterday. It is one of the best Spinal Care Centers in Cal. He will hopefully have surgery today...and then we should know to what extent the spinal cord is injured. My sister and I will most likely be going to San Jose saturday and spending the night so we can see him after the surgery. I was so relieved when they got him the spot in that Medical center...:)

As far as this blasted heat running outside has been brutal. So the next 2 days I will do inside workouts! I didn't work my legs yesterday instead I did PUB shoulders, bi's and tri's after my run. So legs and abs today and some cardio but I haven't decided yet...

Have a great day...:)

Wow Carole that sounds like great news. I will still be thinking of him and praying that all goes well with his surgery:)

Have fun doing your indoor workout today:).

>Wow I can't believe Im the first one to check-in. Today Im
>thinking of going to the Y and doing a total body weight
>training and maybe downloading iClimb 20 minute workout and
>try it. Not really sure yet though if this is the plan.
>
>Wendy yes I do live in NJ. I live in Union County. I actually
>live close about 5 miles from Lauramax if she didn't move yet.
>Can you believe it I never met her yet. Do you know Union
>County at all. I am close to Summit.
>
>I will check back later:)

Oh Barbara that is so cool! We should have a Jersey GTG! Sandy is also from NJ and if I can ever get a hold of her again (LOL) we were supposed to hang out anyway!:)

Carole,

That is great news about your nephew! See, there is hope already! I'm sooo glad! Any glimmer of hope is better than nothing. Hang on to that tight. My prayers are with John for the surgery. Take good care of your sister...I'm sure she needs it!

Take Care.
Wendy

Today's schedule was going to be Slim and Lean and then a TM run at the gym. I overslept though so my S&L time is gone. I COULD do it AFTER the gym at nap time but I'm not so sure I'll be up for that. I have to now decide which w/o to ditch...cardio or weights....You know I want to ditch the weights. I want to get on the TM! LOL What do you all suggest? }(

ETA: Or I could nix both S&L and the gym and combine everything into a Cathe circuit work out @ nap time instead....Things that make ya go HMMMMMM.;)

Oh Wendy I hear ya. I hate doing weights and pefer cardio. Well I suggest that you do what you want. BTW I just purchase the monthly motivar at iTrain. Go check out my thread over at OD that I bump up. I need some suggestion on iClimb workouts.

That would be great a NJ get together someday:). I don't think your that far maybe a 40minutes to 1 hr away.

Carole, That's great news about your nephew. My prayers continue to be with him and your family. Please be sure to keep us updated. My workouts have been going good. Really good actually..... My 17 mile run on Sunday, while hard at the end, was run with a consitent pace and I had absolutely no soreness the next day. Last night I went to the track and did 4 one mile repeats. According to my Garmin my average pace was 7:37. I'm knocking on wood all over the place to keep injuries at bay. So glad I don't have to deal with the heat like you do. It's so weird to see a weather report on TV where it is in the high 90's 15 miles inland and I'm sitting here in the high 70's. I've got an elliptical to take up the slach when I can't get out and run. Do you have anything at all like that? Didn't you once say something about a Nordic Track?

Hi Wendy (decisions, decisions......what did you come up with?) Barbara, Barb, Mattea, Shelley, Judy, Yadi, Laurie, Marcia, etc....

For me today it's elliptical, core and GS Legs!

no time to check in today but wanted to say:

Elaine--that's fantastic!!!!!!!

Carole -- I'm glad htings are looking better for your nephew. I will keep your family in my prayers!

More tomorrow
Hi to all!
Barb
:) :) :)

Well I end up downloading iClimb#3 40 minutes and went to the Y and did the whole thing. Oh what a great workout I had. I relize why my foot was falling a sleep all this time is because I always had the resisant so low where I didn't know that it goes up to 20. I alway had it under 10 not until I tried iClimb. Well I was so poop I didn't even bother to do a weight workout, can't you tell I hate it}( I will probally get to it tomorrow.

A big wave to Elaine & Barb:)

Hey there Cheetahs!:)

Well, I'm back from the gym. I ran 2.75 miles total.

.25 mile @ 3% grade
1 mile flat run
.25 mile @ 3.5% grade
1 mile flat run
.25 mile @ 3% grade

Total=2.75 miles Time=30 mins

I put DS down for a nap when I got home and just ate something. I'm going to relax for a bit (w/a cup of coffee, ofcourse! ) and POSSIBLY will pop in Slim & Lean in a bit after all. }(

Hi Cheetahs, hope everyone is having a great day.

This morning I did PLB. It was hard getting up early, but I do feel better when I get my workout done before work.

Carole, I'm glad to hear of your nephew's good news.

Hello Cheetah's.
Mattea and Wendy were kind to invite me to join the Cheetah check in.

I've started running again about 4 months ago after a 9+ year break. I would try to run too much too soon after DS was born and I get injured. ITB stuff mostly.

I've been combining Cathe (Blast, Intensity, Gym Styles, Core & Stretch ) with slow run walks and I'm now up to running for 45 to 60 minutes 3x a week and trying to adapt Cathe's rotations to running but I've been feeling a bit lonely.

A bit about myself. I turn 53 Aug. 10th. I live up in Minneapolis, Minnesota, married 14 years yesterday and we have a 9 year old son. I work part time as a non union voice actor in the local market. Mostly industrial/business training DVD's and the occasional commercial.

I used to check in at the WHFN forum as Coco and I log into the Firm Ya'Ya's as Keenieb. I had been reading about Cathe's workouts for a long time and thought they might be too hard for me but I needed a new challange. Cathe's workouts forced (inspired me) to a greater level of fitness. I'm pre Title 9 or is it Title 19? Anyway, fitness was not part of my growing up. I found dance in my 30's, did Firms in my 40's and now I have Cathe and running for my 50's.

I will now stop yacking and start reading your posts.

I can download a picture of myself here as soon as I learn how to do it. (No body shots yet. I'm 5'3 1/2 and 148)

Colleen

Good Afternoon Ladies:)

Last nights discussion at running clinic was injury prevention. It was intersting and productive. One new tidbit of info I found interesting was a new study saying to only stretch the muscles that were sore after your last long run and not to stretch muscles that don't feel they need to be stretched. I don't know if I'll jump on board with that, I've got very flexible hamstrings and I looove stretching them. My hip flexors can use more stretching though. We did a 4k tempo run at the track (1k run to get there). It was a 400metre track and my tempo was 2:13. This means I should finish the half in about 2 hours (my goal was 2:30 but the trainer said I need to rethink that). I actually really enjoyed running around the track but I've got a persistant stitch in my left side beside my navel. If it doesn't abate over the weekend I'll go see my Dr. I switched things up today and did LowMax, it was a nice change and my legs enjoyed the change but boy oh!! I sweat buckets!! Tonight is family night, my 84 year old uncle went missing a few weeks ago and they found him in the water 2 days later, we'll celebrate his life with family and friends, he was an extrememly fit man and it broke his heart that this was the first year he couldn't keep up his garden. I'm sad for his family but happy that his spirit is free.

Carole, I'm so happy for your nephew and your family. He sounds like quite a guy. We'll continue to pray for him and a smooth and complete recovery.

Elaine, that's wonderful that you weren't sore after such a long run. I'm knocking wood for you too:)

Barb, nice workout:)

Hey busy Barb!:)

Wendy, nice run Girl, enjoy your chillaxin' time!

Yadi, good job on getting your workout done early!

Hi Colleen, WELCOME! :)

I'd better go and get ready for work, help the girls figure out what to wear tonight and figure out what the heck they should have for supper! See ya Cheetahs:7

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good mornin cheetahbabes!!! Finished with a tough work stretch (Mattea, I've worked nite shifts mostly for 26 yrs, I guess that's why I'm borderline insane :) ) Anyway, ran a nice 6 miles after my nap and I'll go for some Core Synergistics later :7

Colleen- How wonderful to have you join us!!!!! Welcome!!!!:7 :7
Running can be so addictive that those overuse injuries like ITB syndrome pop up alot. Sounds like your going about it very intelligently now. You're a relatively new Catheite also! Fabulous!
You sure do have an interesting occupation. You'll have to let us know what commercials to listen to so we can hear ya! I hear you about being lonely :-( I have the same problem here. I have friends but none share my interest in running or fitness in general.
Have you considered joining a running club? Anyway, in the meantime, this check-in is so helpful with motivation and support!
Welcome again!!!!!

Laurie- That information on stretching is interesting! But like you I'm a tad skeptical. I'm impatient when it comes to stretching
I'm afraid, it's a real weak area of mine. I would say from your prior postings on your runs that you are MOST capable of a 2 hr half marathon..... BELIEVE cheetahgirl!!! How sad about your uncle! You have a wonderful perspective on it though.

Carole- The news on your nephew is wonderfully encouraging!!!
Must be all the positive vibes and prayers :7 Thanks for keeping us posted. I was wondering if you are considering trying some TM running with all this heat... you know you can combine your 2 favorite activities.....football watching and running;-)

Elaine- 17 miles of a consistent pace and no soreness :7 :7 :7
Very encouraging. I'm thinkin you'll be in prime shape for your marathon. Have fun killin those legs today with GS!

Wendy- Great run today girl!!!! I'm not familiar with the Slim and Lean workout. Who does that?

Barbara- Hi there- Nice IClimb workout. I'm assuming that is an Itrain workout for stairclimbers? Sounds like a killer!

Yadi- I hope you're still not doubting your cheetah status! If you love to run you're a cheetah and you belong here!!! Good job on getting up early and getting in PLB- tough workout!!!

Hi Judy! Hi Barb!!

Later

ShellyC

Late check-in today cheetahs!
I was shopping w/ my mother today and then didn't get to workout until later this afternoon. I just had "lunch" and it's about 4:00, lol!

Barbara-Sounds like an awesome workout today! Sometimes I can't bring myself to do weights either, I get too jumpy and want to leap around with Cathe or run:)

Carole-I am so relieved to see good news for your nephew today!:7 :7 We're all still pulling and praying for him and for you in that heat! Smart idea taking it all inside, whew. I keep thinking maybe Cathe's miscalculating her weights or something, well wishing...I really like the leg work from MIS especially (what's that? No low-ends?}( )

Elaine-I'm so happy for you that your training is going so well! I'm sure that the super clean diet you mentioned is a help:) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!

Barb-Quick hi! Quick bye! Talk to you tomorrow!

Wendy-Somehow I knew I'd find you on that TM! LOL:7 Did you manage weights at today?

Yadi-I know what you mean, I'm always happiest when I get my workout done first thing.

Colleen!!!-I'm so excited that you decided to stop by and join us:7 :7 It's great to meet you. Sounds like you have a cool job too:) We'd love to see you, but mostly I wish I could hear your voice! LOL Sounds like your workouts are going great too:D

Laurie-I'm so sorry about your uncle, {{{HUGS}}}.
You legs enjoyed Lomax?}( What a great workout you had last night! I also love to stretch pretty much everything, everytime, but sometimes I'll stretch what doesn't feel tight just briefly. I find that the best stretch for alleviating side-stitches is to sit w/ your legs out in front, then cross one leg over the other, and put the opposite arm on the outside of the bent leg, the other hand on the floor and twist. I think it's the first one you do in the PLB stretch. Really concentrate on breathing deeply while in this stretch.

Shelly-I would never call you borderline insane! You're just one of the toughest cheetahs I know :p I get you, I just want to be more like you;-)

Today was an oldie step workout, Step Fit, on an 8 inch step w/ power moves added in when they weren't there. What a sweat fest! Sometimes I just like to jump around:7

Quick hi to Judy, Gayle, Marcia, Laura, Karen, Sarah, Amy, and our two vacationing cheetahs! Jess and Christine.
Have a great evening,
Mattea

ShellyC: Slim and Lean is a part of Jari Love's Ripped series of work outs. They are endurance weight work outs and OMG it was TOUGH! I was seeing stars! LOVED IT! }(

Mattea: Yeah, I did my weights also!:p Your work out today sounds insane girl! Where do you get the energy?? The only work outs I've ever ATTEMPTED on an 8" step are Low Max and Low Impact Step. You go girl!}(

Tomorrow is shoe day! YEAH!:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.