Cheetah Check-In Monday 8/14

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
G'morning.

I posted kinda late last night about my weekend and my work outs.

Today I will be doing Ripped but U/B only + my running class tonight. This will be day #4 IN A ROW that I will be running-I planned my days all wrong-UGH!....My body is already beginning to yell at me a bit so I don't want to push it even farther by doing l/b weight work at this point! :eek:

Carole: I read about John. That is great! Any positive progress is worth getting excited about!:+ Hopefully John will see it that way as well and it will help to keep his spirits up a bit.

Hope everyone had a fantabulous weekend!:)

Good Morning Wendy:) I did have a fantabulous weekend, thanks!:D Yesterday I deviated from my training program, I was supposed to run 16k but I slept in, my ankles were aching and I just couldn't seem to get it together. I opted for a light day and did Cardio and Weights then headed to the beach with the kids and some friends. It was gorgeous, lots of big waves and great people watching. The house is full of sand so after my long run I'll get on with CleanMax! I'll bring a gel pack with me today and take it at the 45 minute point. I'll admit that I'm dreading this run so I'll be sure to check in later. Send me some good vibes Cheetahs, I need to stay positive!

Carole, so glad that you have some good news from John, little triumphs like that mean the world, we're here praying and cheering him on!

Wendy, you said it perfectly, 'my body is beginning to yell at me', that's how I'm feeling. I keep thinking the old saying that if it was easy, everybody would do it! Have fun with Ripped:)

Cathy, that's awesome that you are going to a live class, you lucky Girl!! Enjoy, can't wait to hear all about it!

Christine, hope your Indian dinner was good, I love Indian food! Glad to hear you're having so much fun with your i-Pod:)

Jess, I hope your friend get some answers regarding his son very soon, it's awful seeing our little ones down like that.

I'd better get this run happening.....later Cheetahs!:)

Take Care
Laurie

Morning ladies. Well, I did not have a great workout weekend. My daughter got sick and I spent a great majority of Saturday night up with her (she had a fever of 102.5 so her head hurt and she couldn't sleep). I was too exhausted to even think about doing my long run Sunday morning. Plus we had an early appointment to meet with the new homebuilder and get some details finalized on our new house. But today, back on track. This morning was HSC. I love that workout. It's so much fun and my shoulders are always fried by the end. I love the ab workout too.

Wendy - 4 days in a row? Wow! I can't run that many days in a row or my body revolts. I have to have at least one day in between each of my running days.

Laurie - Your weekend at the beach sounds wonderful! It was probably a good idea to rest if you ankles were bothering you. Sometimes we have such a hard time just listening to our bodies.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

Good morning Cheetahs!

Carole, I'm so glad John is showing signs of improvement. I really hope this is the first of many more improvements to come. :)

Wendy,enjoy your workout and your running class tonight. Have you signed up for a race yet? I've been in and out this summer, so I may have missed your post.

Laurie, that beach trip sounds fabulous! As close as we are to the beach, I still haven't been able to manage a swimming trip there with the kids. We keep getting hit with terrible T-storms or record-breaking heat. :) I'm not worried though, we'll probably go with the crowds during Labor Day weekend.

Well my kids went back to school today, so hopefully things will calm down around here and get back to normal. After another weekend of parties, I had to just say - enought! :) DH and I went to a party Friday night (a friend got a promotion), then I took the kids to a neighbor's bday party from 12-4pm in the blazing heat (a great beach day, but we had to go to the party especially since they always come to ours :)), dh couldn't go because he had to attend a funeral, afterwards we had just enough time to get everyone bathed and dressed to head to another neighbor's party, except this one was being held at one of those private party zone places from 6pm-9pm. Sunday we had another bday party to attend at Monty's on South Beach for my bil's girlfriend. We had a great time, and I ate clean too! I told DH to accept no invitations for next weekend. :) I don't think I've had a Saturday to myself in over a month!

Haven't decided yet what workout to do, but the general plan is ~45 min cardio, and ~45 min to an hour of weights. I'm leaning towards downloading an itread or going with cc#5, and following with GS Legs.

Hi Christine, glad you're enjoying your new ipod. I have a new ipod too -- DH upgraded me from my pink mini. Don't you just love toys! I think I'm worse than my kids! :))

Mattea, how goes it with your move? I hope you're nicely settled in your new home, and you're having a blast mapping out new routes. :)

Hello Elaine, Judy, Barb, Barbara, Thomasina, Cathy, Shelly, Karen, Karin, Marcia, Laura, Gayle (you're still out there, right? :)), Jess, and all other Cheetahs who may pop in today.

Enjoy your workouts, and Happy Monday!
Pamela

Good Morning cheetahs,

I managed to get my 10-mile long run in on Sunday, but I am way behind on strength training and abs. Today I did some slideboarding and part of Muscle Max, but ran out of time for back, biceps & triceps & abs. I am pledging to get to it later today. We had a party to go to Sat night and had friends over Sunday --- all fun things, but I feel behind on everything in life.

Wendy, Laurie & Katie -- flexibility is a Cheetah's middle name?? It's so frustrating sometimes to not stick with the plan, but then good surprises can come from it -- like feeling rested or figuring out where you need to stretch.

I figure out I need to stretch a lot before bed so that I wake up less stiff -- but I may be on the granny side of Cheetah land!

Katie--I hope you're daughter is feeling better.

Laurie--hope the ankles feel better.

Wendy-- good idea to not do leg weights. Last Monday I did HSTA and then tried to do my easy run on Tuesday and did not feel very good. Glad you like the Garmin.

Carole -- good news about John's progress. I hope it continues and that your sister is feeling some relief. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

Hi to everyone else coming by later!
Mattea, Shelly C, Cathy, Marcia, Gayle, Coco, Barbara, Yadi, Elaine, Amy, Christine, Judy, Jess (havne't seen the info mercial yet, but looked for it this morning.) Karen V (are you lurking?)
Have a great day!

Barb
:) :) :)

Hi Pamela-- we were posting at the same time.
I have a big dread factor for GSL and sometimes do it in mixed up order to get over the hump of dread!

I have a mini I-Pod but am thinking of getting a NANO at some point. I really find playlists motivating for me on runs. I downloaded a widget for my I-MAC for Beats Per Minute so in my I-Tunes library I can sort songs by BPM, which is fun for runs.

http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownload/Tempo-Widget-Download-20995.html

Have a Great day!
-Barb

Barb,

I share your dread of GSL, but I missed my leg workout on Friday, so it has to be done. Honestly, it's the floor work that I dread most. (See, I'm still here reading posts instead of exercising.:p) I'm the same way with playlists. They really help me on the runs, but I do need some new music. What a good idea to sort the songs by bpm. Usually if the song's tempo is off, I just skip it, but right now since I don't have an armband for my new ipod I have to let it play because it's in my fanny pack. Thanks for the link, I'm going to check it out now. :)

Pamela

Hello Cheetahs!! It was my rest from running/ biking/ cardio today so I slept in til 7:15!! Wow did I feel lazy!! Now I'm trying to decide what workout to do. I don't want to do too much weights this week since I'm running the half marathon on Sat, so I'm trying to take it easy. I was thinking of doing PUB & then maybe PLB just the stability ball. I'll hold off on the GS workouts again til next week.

We went to see my friend's ds in the hospital after church last night. He was feeling much better, he is on an IV for fluids & antibiotics. They aren't sure what is causing his kidney infection so they will be doing more tests on him. Kiersten was happy to see her *boyfriend* & he was all excited that we came to visit.

Going to take advantage of spending as much time w/ my kiddos this week since they start school next Mon!!! I've got to CleanMax this morning, wash sheets, mop floors, etc. Then I'll see what workout I decide on for this afternoon!!

Have a great day, Cheetahs!

Hugs,

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...thanks, I hope john keeps his spirits up also..:)...you got in alot of running this weekend...WOW! I think I'd skip lower body work too!

Laurie...thanks for your prayers, I should hear more today. I am trying to figure out your ankle problem....do you think you should try some different shoes? You are a tough cheetah though and I know you can do the 16K and try out a gel!

Katie..sorry about your DD, I hope she feels better soon. I have not done HSC in along time but you are right it is quite fun!!

Barb...thanks you for your prayers. Good job on your 10 miles. I feel behind too sometimes, I have today and tomorrow off so I am hopiing to attempt to catch up on a few things!

Pamela...thank you...I see you have had some busy weekends! Enjoy your workout today whatever you do.

Jess...I'd take it easy on the weights too before the half Sat. I hope they can get your friends DS's kidney infection under control...or should I refer to him as Kierstens BF...:)

Cathy...John is quite a fighter and I hope things continue to improve. I have tried for a massage every 3 weeks but I know it has been a bit longer this time. I will have to book one!!

I am doing an iTread workout on my Nordic track, abs and then P90X Shoulders & Arms this afternoon.

Have a great day...

Hi, ladies. Remember me????? LOL. Nice to see you all once again.

The summer is winding down and now that football started last week, our days are a bit more relaxed (as in, not spending the entire day and evening at the public pool, lol). School starts 2 weeks from today (younger DS's kindergarten orientation is next week, though). I've been on an SERIOUS CLEANMAX myself. My walk-in closet looks as though somebody moved out! LOL. Been staying busy and putting together a to-do list for when school's back in session!

Still training for Philly half (September) and Marine Corps (October). This morning's run was an easy 4 miler on the TM. I am SOOOOOOOO looking forward to getting more outside running in in 2 weeks!

Sorry, as usual, I can't make personal comments again this morning. I just wanted to check in and say hi! I missed you AWESOME LADIES! I was lurking every now and then, just to keep up on all the news.

KEEP MOVING, CHEETAHS!

Gayle

Hey Gayle! Great to see you! The baby girl in your picture trail shares her b'day with my DH!:) Who is she, btw?

Well I made it!:) 16.53k in 1:44:11, I took walking breaks and am pretty pleased with my time. I used the gel this time butx( yechhh, the consistency is yukky! Like my Kids say with baby voices and scrinched up faces when they try something new they don't like... 'it gets in my mouth:p' I washed the gel down with water and felt better within minutes. Considering that I ran 2.5k more than last week and it only took me 9 minutes longer today's run was a success and I feel really good about it:)

Carole, I think I will take my shoes in and see what we can figure out, the inside of my right ankle and deep in my left is just not feeling right. I'll have my chiro check with his tuning fork for stress fractures but I don't think it's anything that severe. After about an hour it took me a good 10-15 strides to get going after my walk breaks. Enjoy your i-Tread, I checked out their web site yesterday, looks very interesting. How's the music?

Pamela, what a busy weekend!!! Nice to have the kids back to school I bet. Another 3 weeks before my little darlings are back :)

Hello to all my Cheetah friends, happy Monday!

Take Care
Laurie:)

*Trudges into post with cup of coffee* Good Morning everyone *YAWN* I’m tired today…

Wendy – Glad you recouped your losses! I have a Coach wristlet – I love it and carry it around just like you said. It’s wonderful! Also sounds like you’re enjoying the Garmin! Were all of those runs outdoors?

Laurie – Sounds like you’re a smart cheetah – listening to your body! Have fun with CleanMax!

Katie – Hope your DD is feeling better! Have fun with HSC!

Barb – I know the feeling of being behind on life! Good idea to stretch before bed – it’s relaxing, brings blood flow to the muscles and can help you sleep better!

Pamela – I’m like you – I don’t mind the standing work of GSL as much, but the floor work!!! Which is why I do it once a week! Back to school eh? Mine go back next week. They are NOT happy about it! I love new toys. They’re so much fun!! While not worst than my teens, I am as bad!

Jess – Glad to hear your DD’s “BF” is doing better. I hope they figure out what the cause is soon! Enjoy your weights! I’ll be cheering for you on Saturday!

Carole – Enjoy your iTread workout! And I’m there with you hoping John continues to improve. Hearing that he sat up for 30 minutes is wonderful! I’m sure it helped with his morale as well.

GAYLE!!! Great to hear from you!!! I’m glad to hear you’re lurking and still on track for your half and full! We miss you! Check in when you can, Busy Mama!

Well, I’m tired today. It’s 8:30 and I’m still in front of the computer pretending I’m getting ready to do something. DD13 has freshman orientation today, so she’s at the school being orientated. I can’t believe my baby is in high school!

Last night’s recital was very interesting. It was 2.5 hours of our friends’ DD18 dancing traditional Indian dance by herself. She was very good, and by completing this dance, she is now “certified” (for lack of a better word) to dance solo at Indian temples, etc. She’s an incredible kid – track and field star, long distance runner (she showed me some of the routes I run), dancer, and straight “A” student who will be attending Berkeley next year and studying Molecular Biology. And on top of it all, she’s just a really nice girl. The food was fabulous, but I ate too much (imagine that!). So, as much as I would like to take today off, I think I’m going to do a circuit workout – like Viper. I just need to get my butt up off the chair!!! Which is proving pretty difficult!

Edited to add - WAY TO GO CATHY!!! GREAT RUN!!!!

Good morning to all you awesome cheetahs! I couldn't communicate with you all much this last weekend. The computer was being repaired but all is well now :) Got in a great 15 mile trail run Saturday and some good weight workouts yesterday. Today was a relaxed 4 mile run and soon I'm headed to the basement for Kickmax:7

Gayle- It's great to hear from ya! I'm glad that you're lurking at least and keeping up with the news and posting when you can. Life can just be too busy at times, especially those of you with young kids. I don't know how you do it and keep up with all your training also! I'm sure things will get easier once school starts.

Wendy- Smart lady to hold off on much LB work today! You're really getting in some serious running time lately. You're on track to kick some serious booty with your 5k!

Laurie- Good luck with your long run today. Taking along sports drinks and gels is a big help!

Katie- I'm sorry your DD is ill, dealing with that can certainly sap into your strength and time for runnning. I love HSC btw!
Where are you building your new home?

Barb- Hey there, the fun things are just as important as workouts! It keeps us balanced and happy! Falling behind now and then is worth it but frustrating all the same. I really should do as you do and stretch before going to bed!

Pamela- Hey party girl! You're schedule does sound exhausting! Have a great workout.

Jess- I wasn't able to congratulate you on your 16 mile run this weekend...you go girl! When school starts I imagine you'll really be able to kick it into gear....then watch out!

Carole- (I save the best for last) Very encouraging news about your nephew. I think he's up for the challenge! Getting mobilized will help tremendously, both physically and mentally! It's a p90x day for you eh? I'm so glad I got "enabled" into getting this! Now for the Itrains! Have a great one!

Talk to y'all later!

shelly

Hi Christine- we're posting together! I'm also sitting at the computer delaying a workout! I think VIPER is just the ticket to workout out the effects of all that Indian food (yummy)

Laurie- WTG on your run! Good job on conquering the DREAD!!! The gels do need some getting used to... I really prefer the Clif Shok Blocks (they have the consistency of gummy bears)

Okay I really gotta go now.

Shelly

Good morning ladies!

My 18 mile run yesterday went fantastic! It's good to have those horrbile runs like last weekend if only to truly appreciate and bask in the good ones. Yesterday I held back my pace for the first 12 miles (something that is hard for me to do so that was a real success) and progressively picked it up for the final 6 miles so that I ended up running faster than marathon goal pace. Everything was perfect all around and I'm glad to have it behind me. Even though I have run plenty of 18 mile runs there was still a mental block caused by last week's failure that I had to overcome.

Laurie, I would not say that I like eating gels but there are some I like better than others. I'm using Accelgel these days. I got a free sample of Clif Blocks and actually liked them. Also, jelly belly sport beans are pretty tasty too! The ones I absolutely hate are GU (gags me to even think about vanilla GU) and Clif Shot.

Carole, Good news about your nephew!! Hope it keeps coming.

Gayle, I've been thinking about you, wondering how your marathon training is going. What distance is your long run at this point?

Good morning to everyone else!

My workout for today: core, PLB and elliptical.

Katie: HSC is a great work out! I don't normally run more than 2 days in a row. Bad planning on my part. OOPS! LOL I was just so excited to have so many days where I could do it that I went overboard! :7

Barb: Stretching is good for you! Don't feel like a granny. On the occasion that I stretch in the evening I feel GREAT!:)

Pamela: I am running a 5k on September 2nd. :)

Jess: So glad to hear that your DD's "boyfriend" is getting better. So sad to hear when kids have to have a hospital stay.

Carole: So how are you enjoying the Itread w/the new elliptical? When did the elliptical come...I guess I missed that post! LOL

Laurie: You are doing INCREDIBLE with your running!!!!

Christine: Coffee...sounds yummy right about now! I don't care if it's after 1pm! I'm going to make myself a cup! :9 I have been eyeing the wristlet for a while now. DH bought me a pocket book and wallet for Chistmas...It was a HUGE surprise and I was THRILLED! I would NEVER have spent that kind of money on MYSELF though. Anyway, now that I have those I am kind of "addicted". I really like thier stuff!}( The wristlet was very affordable so I didn't feel guilty buying it for myself.;) Oh, and yes, fri, sat and sun were ALL outdoor runs...Fri was my usual road run at home and then the other 2 where on the boards in a/c.:)

ShellyC: Enjoy KM! Thanks for the encouragement re: my 5k!

Elaine: I'm happy to hear that you had such a great 18 miler!

Well I am feeling like a total slug today. No u/b work out so far and I will be honest and say that it probably won't happen. I am even considering blowing off class tonight but I really shouldn't do that....I think I'm beggin' for a rest day after this weekend but I feel really bad not going to the class because I paid for it AND the race is sooo close now...this is 1 of only 3 classes left! YIKES!:eek:

ETA: I just ordered a running hat, socks, hydration pack and a small pepper spray online...since I haven't worked out today I figured doing SOMETHING exercise related would make me feel better!;) }(

Hello again- finished a great sweat fest with KM. Now I nap before another work stretch:-(

Elaine- do you know I actually went looking through all the weekend and todays posts looking for your report on your 18 miler. That is terrific news!!! We all know how mind jarring it is to face a long run after a bad experience but you did it perfectly. Learned from it and used it to excel. I've heard that increasing your speed for the last 1/4 or 1/3 or your long run is an excellent training strategy. WTG!!!!

Wendy- You know you're a serious runner when you get your first hydration pack! Pepper spray is a very smart purchase also. Don't feel bad about the missed workout. Your body obviously needed one and you do have your class tonight!

ShellyC

Just a quick hello to everyone:) Today I did the Pyramid Chest&Back then went on my tread for 15 minutes because as I was jogging it stop and I realize the plug was outx( so I just stop.

I added pictures to picturetrail of my house & workout area. I have a small house but it's cozy and comfty:)

Nice house, Barb!:) We live in a cape too. I love them but mine is just too small-not enough storage space-so we are looking to move.

ShellyC, I actually changed my plan. LOL I decided that it's my legs that need the break truly so I am forcing myself to miss class tonight and did my U/B work instead. I am still free tomorrow to do one last outdoor run before DS comes back home so I will take advantage of that instead of going to the class tonight! }( The hydration pack comes out of being tired of carrying a water bottle in my hand! LOL I am not really comfortable running w/o water so I really needed to just bite the bullet and buy one so that is exactly what I did! :+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.