::: CHEETAH BABES ::: Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, friends! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif I am home today on a professional day (will be working on National Boards). Later, I have an allergy test I've been putting off. This evening, I'll probably opt for Magically Hips. Need to get some pullups/chinups in, too.

:: [font color=#2B65EC]CHRISTINE[/font] :: You got a lot done yesterday! Have fun with the kettlebells. I’ll look forward to your review.

:: [font color= #2B65EC]WENDI[/font] :: Wow, yet another long day for you! I don’t know how you do it, but I admire you for it…Yes, I need to get my fat arse back up there on the wagon w/ you again…please do keep us posted on the lump situation.

:: [font color= #2B65EC]JUDY[/font] :: Sorry about the scare with your dad…sounds like he is OK…personals aren’t expected…just let us know how he’s doing when you have the chance. Thoughts’ll be with you.

:: [font color= #2B65EC]WENDY[/font] :: There were slalom races going on at Blue on Saturday…fun to watch…love how the experts are almost parallel to the mountain when they turn! I had a nightmare last night that I tore my ACL and couldn't ski the rest of the season. I freaked out http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_panicsmiley2.gif and woke myself up.

That catches me up on personals. Hi to everyone else! Hope your Monday's a good one!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good morning cheetahs,

cathy- good luck with your NB work today. have fun with yoga! oh the kettlebells are a great addition to your exercise collections!!

wendy- nope you weren't the only one. evan almighty wasn't with jim it was with another actor (can't remember his name right now) it was like the follow up after the jim carey version. i love jim also. i really liked chuck and larry! i will love the TT workouts. very similiar, same idea as NFOFL4W.

wendi- i will definitely keep you posted on my thoughts re: the rotation.

christine- glad you were enabled!! i truly believe they are an awesome workout and so versatile. not only do they add strengtj (without bulk) they are also great for fatloss. done correctly you get a great cardio workout.

today i am doing a 30 min icycle and p90X+ UB plus core.

ttyl...:)

Good morning cheetahs, hope this will be a great start of the week for everyone. I'm in the middle of a work stretch and last night was just too crazy busy to get in some time to post:( A much more mellow time tonight though. Yesterday was a rest day... very much needed!

Cathy- Hope you can get alot accomplished today with your NB prep.
I'm very glad to hear you had such a fun time skiing in the Poconos... great stress relief.

SunnyD- Oh dear... now you have me curious about kettleball workouts!! I am particularly intrigued by Cathe's med/ball/combo/kettleball.

Carole- Glad you got in a mostly pain free run :) My 8 miler went well the other day... I was just tired from my circuit challenge the day before.

Lorie- Wow, impressive mega workout yesterday!!! How does the hip feel today?

Dallas- Wishing good luck to your DD on her first soccer game! Is it outdoors?.... BRRRRR!

Wendy- It's been way to busy to get much studying done lately for my health fitness inst. cert. I don't anticipate it changing soon. DH and I are seriously contemplating relocating this year.... to Pennsylvania believe it or not! Long story, but he needs to be closer to his parents but we don't want to live in NJ for multiple reasons. Glad you were speedy enough to avoid injury yesterday!

Christine- The beach was beautiful but I bet you are very happy to be back. Did Jimmy smother you with doggy kisses? Love the story about your Aunt Babs... she sounds so inspiring! I'm looking forward to your review of the kettleball workout.

Judy- Glad your Dad turned out okay and I hope things are settling down for you.

Wendi- Nice cardio cardio workout for you yesterday.... I'll have to try that combo myself! DH and I will be househunting in Southern Pennsylvania this June. Hopefully there is a race we can get together on during this time-- we will also be travelling to NJ.

I think I'm about caught up... duty calls anyway.
For today it will be a 3 mile tempo run and later after I wake up,if there is time I'll do MM.

ShellyC

Hmmm, something happened to my avatar...gotta fix that.

Sunny :: what are the kettlebells like exactly? Would a DB be a suitable substitution? I'm trying NOT to buy more equipment. (ha!) :7

Shelly :: Moving to PA? Would love to have you here on the East Coast. Can certainly understand why you *wouldn't* want to come to Jersey, though. I like it, it's home to me, but property taxes, car insurance, and overdevelopment are the three big nasties that drive people out and deter folks from comin' in. My DSis moved to Southeastern PA (near King of Prussia) and just loves it out there. Glad things slowed down for you at work.

Edited: there, I changed up the pic and it's fixed.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good morning Cheetahs! I still need to catch up on what went on with everyone this weekend. This weekend was a very low key one with the family. I didn't even get in any workouts. Oh well. Today begins a new week and therefore my HM training resumes again. However, I won't be able to get in a workout until the kids go to bed because I'm waiting to take my lunch time until the very end of the day because DS & I both have a dentist appointments.

I got a call from my dr Friday after work. He wanted to discuss my CT results. I do have sinusitis, which we already knew. However I have two blocked sinus cavities which is why I've been having headaches for the past 5 months. In any case, time for more meds to clear this up. Hopefully the meds will do the job because I don't want to do the painful surgery to clear the sinus cavities.

Wendy - How do I go about ordering P90X+ so you can benefit from my purchase? I'm ready to order, but I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Sorry I don't have any personals listed. I hope to have a few moments today to read up on what went on this weekend. Have a great day my Cheetah friends!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Today starts my recovery week. Aaaahhhh!:)

Well, I upped my pre-exhaust weights considerably in S&H legs y'day and it seems to have done the trick! I definately felt it more and have DOMS today! WOOH! :) I am still considering investing in a weighted vest though as I wouldn't mind not having to heave a 50+ pound BB over my head!:eek: I also played with the weight for plies. I was not comfortable holding a large DB the way Cathe does plus I don't even have anything heavier then 25# so I modified. I did each set of plies differently:

First set: (2) 20# DB's resting lightly on my upper thighs.

Second set: BB behind my head.

Third set: BB in front in cradle position like Amy holds it in Slo Mo.

They were all better options for me then the grip Cathe uses but I prefered the 3rd option over all so I made a note for myself for the next time I use those work outs.

I also adjusted some of the weights in the shoulder work out and found a better combo for myself as well.

I have to work this morning and then it's home for some yoga and a short cardio work out. The rest of the week will be spent doing some of the SS work outs and cardio before I start the X+ on Sunday!!!:+

Well, I guess I need to get my butt moving now....BBL!:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Ahhhhh, so nice to sleep in! It's going to be quite warm here today (40*) so I'm really looking forward to heading out for that run. I checked out the HM course last night and the elevation changes seem to be on par with what we have in my neighborhood so I'm not quite as nervous about not getting a training run in over the actual course. I will probably go and drive it this afternoon though.

Judy - So sorry to hear about the scare with Dad. Sending {{{{VIBES}}}} and hoping that it's nothing serious. Please keep us posted.

Wendy - How about June-ish? A little birdy told me that a west coast Cheetah may be in the area at that time :D! Great job with S&H...you rock!

Cathy - Thank you sweetie but, as I always say, I gotta eat so I don't have a choice! If you saw my food bill you'd certainly understand LOL. In all seriousness, that's one reason I need to get OUT!!!! I won't even get into the rest of it as this has been a not-so-good week regarding work and I'll leave it at that or a I'll go into a very long tirade that none of you need to bear the brunt of. I'm actually glad to hear that you took the day to work on your NB. How you've been able to get that, plus your normal workload done, plus workouts in is simply incredible! I'm sorry to hear about your appt later though. Sorry about the nightmare!

Sunny - Now I know why you were excited about MMA (I didn't know what that stood for last night). That looks like FUN, FUN, FUN! Enjoy your workout!

Shelly - :eek: :eek: Oh boy, did I read that right?!?!?! We would love to have you out here!!! I can't blame you for not wanting to live in NJ (sorry Wendy and Cathy). I LOVE the *very* cheap full serve gas (makes up for the taxes?) but it doesn't really live up to it's title of the "Garden State". I'm allowed to bash NJ only because I've lived there ;). Althooooooough, you'd be very close to Four Seasons..... I've got to get down there for another class soon! I will definitely look for a race for us East coasters during June... that would be soooo much fun!

Kristi - Gosh, I hope the meds do the trick as surgery doesn't sound like a very *nice* option. {{{{{{VIBES}}}}} coming your way!

I've got a couple of minutes to peruse OD before I have to meet my friend. See ya all later!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I woke up raring to go at 3:30. I made myself sleep until 4:30, but I guess I’m still on East Coast time. :+ Today will be HLX and Iron Core. I’m looking forward to it!

Wendy – wanted to say that I’m so sorry about the crash! How scary! I’m glad no one was hurt, but what a mess. Yeah, you will be picking up glass for weeks. Ick!

Dallas – I plan to be active until I’m dead – I’m just keeping the ole proverbial fingers crossed! Glad you had the party out – in would be nuts. We had a graduation party for our DD18 – the 20 kids who were supposed to come turned into 50. We finally had to kick them out as it was getting way too rowdy. What’s DS’s project?

Lorie – can you walk after your killer workout yesterday? DD15’s Youth Advisory Board for the local Humane Society is having an adopt-a-thon this weekend. They will be selling photos of animals that they took and the profit goes to the Human Society. She’s very excited.

Carole – Glad your run was mostly pain free. Sorry you cannot run your distance, though – that’s no fun. Hope it heals soon.

Cathy – Sometimes there is nothing like a short run to get the blood flowing and to make you feel great! Glad you enjoyed yours! I was thinking of you when Aunt Babs called. You’ll be out there with your own gang! :p I’ll let you know what I think about Iron Core. It looks interesting! My understanding is that dumbbells do NOT sub well for a kettlebell. Which is why I ended up with one.

Wendi – I’m dying to get my BOSU! I have an Amy rotation planned for Feb, but I might have to change it up a bit. Although I am enjoying Slo Mo! Enjoy your sleeping in – how long did you make it? :p

Judy – Oh my! I’ll keep your DDad in my thoughts and prayers! Glad the EKG came back normal! You worry about Dad not the Cheetahs right now! HUGS!!!!

Sunny – I’m looking forward to the kettlebells. I may be stocking up on workouts now. :p Enjoy your killer workout today!

Shelly – glad you got in your rest day! I am happy to be back. Jimmy’s not a kisser, but he did wiggle his back end nearly off and gave me puppy hugs (he puts his paws around my neck and leans into me). Hope your work day calms and you get a break soon!

Kristi – Glad you have an “easier” answer to your headaches for the last 5 months! Sorry you have to take more pills. Have “fun” at the dentist today.

Well ladies, I’m off to start my day! Going back to work. Ick. :p Enjoy everyone!

PS - I posted a recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala on the Open Discussion forum - it's WW and DELICIOUS! I made it last night and both DH and I really enjoyed it.

Edited to add Wendi - you snuck in there on me! Hope work gets better soon! {{{HUGS}}}

Kristi: I sent you a PM. :)

Wendi: If ya don't think it'll be too hot, June could work for me! Having a west coast cheetah with us would be awesome!:+

I've really gotta go now...bbl for more personals!:)

good morning, cheetahs! today, i get to go into work a bit later than usual, so i slept in. i am sore in my glutes and hammies (not too badly) from B&G, but those are the only places. i absolutely LOVE deadlifts and tend to go heavy on them. not sure why i like them so much! i wans't loving the walking lunges! i used to do sumq squats with my trainer. those were killer!

anyway, some personals from yesterday:

carole-yes, it was a GREAT w/o. the HRM said i burned over 1200 kcal and stayed in my zone for most of it. soglad for your pain free run.

sunny-i haven't seen the mindy bosu workout. do you have it? what's it like? do you know anything abut rob glick's one? cardio something?

cathy-you can come to me for NB support anytime. i know ALL about it. i would dare say that it is even HARDER than completing a dissertation! so much goes into it and you really have to make it your life. you WILL be successful and you will be NB certified. if you need a pep talk or a beeyatch session, you can always call me. i am glad you have a duty day. i would LOVE to join you in magically hips, but i don't know if i will have time before i have to leave for the concert. it's scheduled to be delivered today along with felxibility for the inflexible.

christine-so glad youa re home safe and sound. what's the matter? you didn't want to wait for a "cathe" kettlball? ;-) ;-) ;-) i LOVE dd's project for the humane society. what a GREAT idea. i might try to have my pet club kids do that!!!

wendi-not sure if i need a wheelchair, but my hammies and glutes are talkin to me! i don't know why the calorie burn is so high on the bosu. maybe because of the extra challenge of balancing? when i can do impact ont he step, i think i might compare the same workout on both and see if there's a difference. the HRM is really helping me figure out how my body responds to working out and that i don't need to push SO HARD all the time!

{{{JUDY}}}-i am so sorry about your dad. please let me know if there is anything i can do.

wendy-sometimes, i just feel like i can workout forever. it's kind of like a drug. i LOVE the way it makes my body and mind feel. i would have done more yesterday (maybe stretch or something), but i didn't have the time. glad you slept in. enjoy your run!

shelly-the hip feels great. it's wierd, NOTHING hurts while i am doing it (even my few runs that i've done), but after i run it hurts. it must be the impact or the mechanics of the running. i really miss running. :-( BUT...i know if i son't let myself heal, i will be sidelined for longer. luckily, the bosu and EXT don't bother me. i might even try regular step and just keep the impact low. i wonder if i am healing, ir it's the cortisone shot. although, my piriformis does not hurt AT ALL and there was no shot there. i am going for a deep tissue massage today and i am sure she will get in deep and i will be feeling it. i intentionally did legs yesterday so she could work on those areas as well.

kristi-so sorry about your results. i had some problems with my sinuses and would get bad headaches and terrible intermittent pain in the side of my face. anyway, of course i had to do two weeks of antibiotics to see if it was an infection. nope. then i had to go for a CT scan. no blockage. what he did see was a bone spur that was "impaling" (his word) my sinus cavity. it was actually jutting into my sinus cavity. so, i had a septoplasty and it's all better. i hope you don't have to have surgery for your sinuses. he had mentioned that before we knew what was going on with me. not fun!

i am thinking about doing some bosu (probably using the high step dvd's) and maybe some kickboxing. i should do an upper body wieght workout because i probably won't want to wake up early tomorrow after the concert and w/o, but i don't think i have time. maybe i'll do a premix of some sort.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...glad you enjoyed your new Bosu workout yesterday. About my DH, I know these exercises would help him so much, but short of holding his hand and walking him thru it...I enjoyed vegging in front of the TV yesterday. Watched a few scary movies, right up my alley!! Enjoy your professional day off. Hope the allergy test goes well..

Sunny...glad you are enjoying the kettleballs. I had seen a link for adjustable ones that I might consider. I saw Evan Almighty too...cute movie. I don't remember his name either but he is in The Office and he was also the 40 Year Old Virgin...:)..Enjoy iCycle and P90X+ upper.

Shelly...you might be moving to PA?...It was nice to at least go 6 miles. I know I will get to back to distance in time. Enjoy your 3 mile run and MM.

Kristi...I hope the meds help you avoid surgery. I bet it is at least nice to know the cause of the headaches.

Wendy...I browse Targets exercise area most of the time too. Beer and popcorn with you would be fun...:)..For S&H legs with the Plie squat, that is where those Select Tech dumbells come in handy for me. Have you ever seen the adjustable dumbell sets in Target? They are not Bowflex but are good sets (cheaper too) and you could probably load up a dumbell for the plie squats. But if the barbell like Amy holds it works then that is great..:)

Christine..I bet your day was busy catching up yesterday. Sounds like a tasty dinner. Have fun with HLX and the kettleball workout.

Wendi...I think you will be fine in 5 weeks for the HM. Many times just the excitement of the race pulls you right along...:)...LOL at 40 being warm!! It is good to drive a course before the race. Running it before the race is always good too...:)

Lorie...thanks re my run. I know I have to be careful about adding distance and it seems kickboxing aggravates my hip but I do have other cardio I can do...enjoy that deep tissue massage today, I am sure that will help the piriformis.

Judy..I am sure glad you got your Dad in right away. it is always safe to check these things out. I hope he is doing much better today.

I am planning on GS legs standing and a 40 min iTread on my Nordic. I am also doing a 3 weeks GS series for my upper body.

Have a great day...:)

Hi Cheetahs!

Fly by Cheetah posting...... :D

I have to take ds to preschool. I got up extra early to do CF and then GS-back. I planned to finish GS-shoulders and biceps this afternoon. However, plans changed because dd woke with a sore throat. :( I don't think I need to run her to the doc just yet. She just may need a rest day. She had a sleep over not this past weekend, but the weekend before and the girls stayed up until 4A. :eek: Think it all caught up with her. :( Anyway, CF calorie burn had me at 600!!! Woo hoo! I needed that since I slacked this weekend with the workouts. At least my eating was good though. I did have a piece of ds's b-day cake Friday. :) I skimmed the thread and just wanted to say Christine you won't be sorry you got the kettlebell and DVDs. :) I'm anxiously waiting for Amy's kettlebell workout as well. ;-)

I'll be back later to catch up here. :)

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

Judy ~ I'll keep your dad in my prayers. How scary! :(

Lorie ~ Doesn't look like you need tantrum girl....you're getting in some great workouts!! She is cute though. ;-)

Sunny ~ Well, let us know how you like that NROLFW rotation. I think I still like to follow DVDs, but I can be persuaded easily. ;-) So, when do you think you'll start a P90X rotation now?

Cathy ~ Thanks for the reviews on that Bosu workout. Something to add to the wish list. :) Oh, we saw There Will Be Blood. Ummm, very depressing movie. I can see, however, why it's up for awards. I do have a Facebook account. I guess when I tried to set it up before it did go through. :)

Christine ~ Oh my on the day you had! I just had to do a mini grocery max, mainly fresh produce. The project is a timeline of his little life. LOL! He did a great job!! However, we were still working on it after the soccer game, so I had to forego the workout y-day. :( Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Iron Core. I ff through the breaks.

Carole ~ Sounds like your doing a great job listening to your body! :) Did I already tell you that???? Sorry if I'm repeating myself. Right before I hurt my ankle, in hindsight, I wished I had stopped. Now I get paranoid when I feel something. I listened to Brenda's interview on Coach Troy's site where she said she felt fine before the injury occurred. :(

Wendi ~ It's bad when sleeping in is 6:30A, huh? How did the run go? Thanks for the b-day wishes for ds. Today is the actual day. I told him Happy BIrthday and he said. " I get to have another party." ha ha! :+ :7 I made him Jello jigglers. That's what he wanted. So, we'll put a candle in one of those later and sing. :)

Shelly ~ Heck no!!! ;-) Outdoor doesn't start until April. Whew!!! When will you make the move to PA?

Wendy ~ I may delay starting P90X...just a bit. I did GS this morning and think I want to do a mini rotation. It's been a long time since doing GS.

Kristi ~ Poor thing! That sounds painful, hopefully it gets resolved quickly. It's amazing that you can keep running through all that head pain.

"Hi!" to the rest of the Cheetahs!

Going to go check on dd. She was reading a book.

~BBL...hopefully after the rest of GS -BSB is done. :)

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

Hi ladies!

I've got a couple of minutes to sit down and eat lunch before heading up to Rock Hill to check out that course. I think my run went fantastic today! My sneaky neighbor took us out for a hilly 11 miles in 1:41 and a little change. She stopped giving me mile markers after 8 but I knew how far we'd run by how many calories I burned (I'm usually accurate within a .1 mile). When I saw 950 pop up I knew we were already past 10 miles. My goal for this race was a 10:00 pace but I think I *might* shoot for a finish time of around 2:05:00. I'll decide *after* I see how the course looks.

Christine - Thanks for the hugs...kind of the same old $#!%. Ooh, sorry you're still on our time! I actually had to work pretty hard to sleep past 5:30...sad isn't it? I can't wait to try that Tikka Masala. That sounds right up my alley!

Wendy - I think we'll be fine in June. At the very least I think a GTG should be in order....maybe a visit with Cathe????

Lorie - 1200?!?!?! Holy smokes :eek:! The only time I'm ever going to see that number is race day. Today's 11 miles was only 1056. I'm with you on the deadlifts...LOVE EM!!!! The heavier the better and I love the feel of doing it with a toe raise. That's another killer mish mosh for today. We'll have to start calling you Shelly Jr.

Carole - Thanks for the vote of confidence. I feel much better about it now after today's run. 40 would be a heat wave. Unfortunately it was only around 20 when we started but the sun was shining so it wasn't too bad. Enjoy GS and the Nordic!

Dallas - I hope DD feels better soon! Oh yeah, CF is always a good one for me when I've overindulged. Great job!!! Oh, the jigglers are such a cute idea :D. The run was fantabulous thank you very much :7! BTW that is one of my fave Cathe quotes in your siggy! In fact, and I'm such a dork, I usually say it with her as it seems to reenergize me.

Okay, I've got to run so I can get back in time to spend the afternoon with SO. Lotsa love and I'll see you guys tonight!

Lorie – I love deadlifts, too – I like how they work both my back and my hammies! Glad we could give you an idea for your pet club kids! I think it’s a great idea, too. And it’s being held at the biggest mall in the area at a Posh Pooch place (you know – where Thomasina’s dog shops :+). As for the kettlebell – it’s so different from what I’m used to, I don’t know how I feel about it. I have to do it more. I am anxiously awaiting Amy’s kettlebell workout!

Carole – Have fun with your GS UB rotation! Sounds like a goodie! I was thinking about the Chicken Tikka Masala trying to figure out how to make it vegetarian (for Lent I give up meat). I was thinking either soy chicken strips or textured veggie protein, or to make it cleaner, maybe egg plant would be good. I may experiment with making something similar with chickpeas. That would be good.

Dallas – my kettlebell came only with an instructional video – and I did not buy another one (have to wait ‘til pay day). I did the instructional video. The moves are very different – so I have to do them again to get used to them. The Turkish Get Up was so much easier on my right side than the left. And the first two were easy – the next few were TOUGH! Wow! I’m going to get the full video at Target on Thursday and do it on Friday. Should be interesting. I’m also looking for others (can’t wait for Amy’s either).

Wendi – you and I are on the same posting schedule today. LOL! Glad you had a great run! You’re going to blow this course away! I’m so excited for you!

As I told Dallas – my kettlebell workout was an instructional video and not really a workout, but I figured it would be a good place to start. I did the moves – very very different. I need to do a full workout to see what I feel about the bell. I did a Turkish Get Up and it was really easy on my right side, the first few times I did one. By the 4th I was sweating and my HR was UP! Then I had all sorts of issues on the left side – I’ll start with that side the next time. When I get paid, I’ll go to Target and get the workout Dallas has and play with that. My weigh in is today – I’m either up a pound or down a pound. We’ll see. I’m bloated, so no matter what, I know next week will be better.

carole-after my lg w/o yesterday, i am definitely looking forward to my massage!!!

dallas-i think i am going to keep tantrum girl up until i can run regularly again.

wendi-yeah, i am really surprised as far as the calories my HRM says i've been burning. i even checked and double checked my settings. yesterday, it said i burned 462 on bosu blast, 240 on 4DS KB modified for my hip, and 501 on B&G. today it says i burned 829. i did HSTA 5 cardios and warm up, ripped 1000 all cardios, LIC cardio only premix all on the bosu and BBC chest and abs just weights. it didn't take that long and i surely didn't feel like i was burning so much or working so hard. i am more tryig to focus on my HR, but i am really intrigued by the whole calorie burn thing. i can't wait to see what i burn when i run. i always went by the old standby to just assume you burn 100 calories for every mile.

christine-i am anxious to hear what you think of the kettlebell workout. oh darn, i CAN NOT be enabled anymore. remember what you said if i go broke!!! ;-)

so, i did another mish mosh today. i did HSTA cardio only (including the warm up), ripped 1000 cardio only, and LIC cardio only premix all on the bosu. then, i did bbc chest and abs. i feel thoroughly worked out and ready for my massage. glad i did legs yesterday so hopefully she can get some of the kinks out of them. i'm a tad sore.

Hello Cheetahs!

Cathy - Enjoy the day at home working on your NB. Maybe you can sneak a little relaxation in there. Good luck with the allergy tests. House is coming along fine. If the cold temps hold off, at least they can finish with the brick. Glad you had a fun ski day.

Sunny - Enjoy your workout. That would be great if Tony did another leg workout.

Shelly - Glad you got in a good rest day. Moving to PA? What a change that would be for you. How soon do you think it would happen? Have a good run.

Kristi - I'm glad to hear your doc found the cause of your headaches. Do hope the meds do the job for you.

Wendy - Enjoy your recovery week. I have to look back through my logs to see which P90X workout I followed. Good job with S&H. A weighted vest sounds like a good idea. When I get past 55#, it's just too heavy for me to lift over my head.

Christine - Laughing at you raring to go at 3:30. Hope your first day back at work is good and goes by fast. Enjoy your workout. I plan on staying active until I can't.

Wendi - Sounds like you got some much needed rest. Glad you had a fabulous run.

Lorie - More new workouts! I like Flexibility for the Inflexible for giving me tips on how to use the foam roller. But, I didn't like that she doesn't work each side the same.

Carole - Have fun with your GS rotation. I hope the new house is complete by April 1. The interest rates should be good.

Dallas - Hope DD feels better.

Judy - Sending prayers for your dad. Hope all is well.

Let me post my workout. Gotta do something for the boss. I did Slo Mo Chest & Back premix and a 10 minute walk. I need to up the weights on that one the next time.

Enjoy your day.

Jackie

Hello Ladies! I’m back and with nothing to do at work. YEAH! Anyway, I forgot to mention last night I preordered STS. Also a few minutes ago I ordered P90X+. Watch out ladies I’m on a spending spree. However, now I don’t have anything else I want to buy. That is probably a blessing in disguise because I probably won’t have the time to do X+ until after my HM. I’m going to try to fit it in somewhere though hopefully before April.

BTW, has anyone tried itrains istrengths? Are they any good? I don’t have access to a gym so I won’t have access to very much equipment.

Cathy – I’m glad you love your new skiis. BTW Congrats on scoring the Wii. I bought one back in September and LOVE it. However, I don’t have much time to play it, but DS plays Lego Star Wars on it. A friend of mine wanted desperately to buy one for her DS for Christmas. Of course they were nowhere to be found. The waiting list stretched until the end of January everywhere she went. Three days before Christmas I walked into Walmart to look for a CD. The associate tried to help me but we couldn’t find it. The next thing I know he walks out from the storeroom with 2 Wiis and brought it to my attention that he found them in the back. I immediately bought one right then and there for my friend. Her 10 yo DS was so excited on Christmas day he cried because he knew they were impossible to get. What games do you like the best? I love tennis. I also bought DDR, but haven’t been able to really get into it. It must be because I SUCK at playing it! Enjoy your day at home!

Lori – I hope you are feeling better. I’m with you on not minding washing & folding the laundry, but hate putting it away.

Sunny – How’s DS feeling? BTW you need a Wii. It is so much fun. My 5 yo DS LOVES Lego Star Wars. He wants to play it every night, but we limit him on the # of days per week and the amount of time he can play. Your workout today sounds awesome. Where do you find the time and energy? LOL

Christine – Welcome home! I’m glad you and Sunny got to talk on the phone. If I make it to NC to visit a friend of mine again I would love to meet her. Good luck with your weigh-in today.

Shelly – I hope your work days this week aren’t as crazy as the past few nights. Enjoy your run and MM.

Wendy – Enjoy your recovery week!

Judy – I hope your Dad is okay. Good for you making him go to the ER. Chest pains are something he shouldn’t try to ignore.

Wendi – Great idea using the Bosu to do Viper. I need to get out my Cathe step tapes and try the bosu with them. How is the infection? I hope it is going away.

Carole – Is DH doing the hip exercises you showed him? Yes, I am very relieved to know the cause of my headaches. After 5 months of enduring the headaches on a daily basis I knew I had to get it checked out. The doctor told me he was concerned it was a brain tumor, but he is happy to report that it is not. Me too… So far I think the meds are starting to help. I will know for sure in 3 days when I am finished taking this course of meds. Hopefully they will do the trick. Enjoy your workouts today!

Lorie – I love tantrum girl! Enjoy Matchbox 20. I bet they will put on a great performance. OUCH!! on the bone spur “impaling” the sinus cavity. I’m glad you were able to get it taken care of. That would be so painful.

Tess – Welcome! We are always glad to have new runners come join us.

Jackie – How’s the house coming along? When are they projecting you can move in? I’m glad the weather isn’t slowing down their progress.

Linda – I miss seeing you post around here. Glad you are doing well. I’m loving the look of Cathe’s new line. However, I don’t know what I will be buying from it. I already own a lot of the items, but I’m sure I will find something.

Dallas – Congrats on DS winning his soccer game. I assume he plays indoors? Glad everyone made it to the party safely. It sounds like a good time for everyone. I hope DD starts feeling better soon.

Thomasina – Congrats on the new job!!!

jackie, i had heard that she didn't do noth sides equally. what do you do? do you just replay it while using the other side? i really wanted to get it so i could learn to use the foam roller.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.