CHALLENGERS - MAY 2012

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
Roxie how exciting on the baby. This is your first grandbaby right? I'm going to a reveal party for my of my friends' daughter this weekend. They are going to have colored cupcakes that tell you which sex the baby is.

As for the spin class, the bottom soreness goes away after a few classes. They are hard workouts that really get your legs and heart pumping.

My workout today was 30 jog/walk this morning and weight tonight (back and biceps).

Jean

Good Evening Jean,

Yes this is our first grandbaby and I have already spoiled it with a picture frame for its sonogram picture and a blanket that says I love grandma. We went to Red Lobster for DH's birthday and I have to say that although its not my favorite place to eat the grilled talapia was wonderful. I went for a walk this morning and tomarrow night I have my first real Personal Training session.

How sweet that you are already spoiling him. Have fun with the personal trainer tomorrow.

Today was physical therapy. It was my last one for my shoulder. It's not total fixed, but next week we are moving on to the neck and I can't afford two sessions per week. I don't remember if I told you, but they figured out part of my issues with an MRI. I have 2 herniated discs in my neck.

I was hoping to do chest and abs tonight, but I had to work late. I will get them done in the morning.

Jean

Well I did not get chest in when I thought I would. Ending up working on a project late Wednesday night and so Thursday I was just too tired. So I did did chest, core, shoulders and triceps today. Tomorrow I'm running in a 5K race for ovarian cancer with one of my friends that I met through Cathe. I t will be nice to see her again.

Hope you have a nice week end.

Jean

Good Evening Jean,

I went for a walk this morning and then DH and I spent the day together. Sounds like you had a full day and a bunch of workouts.

HOpe you had a nice weekend. Mine went by too fast. Ran the 5k on Saturday and then had lunch with my friend. Then Saturday night we went out for Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo and spent the evening visiting with some friends. Yesterday I worked legs and am hoping to get in some cardio tonight.

Jean

Good Morning Jean,

I took Friday off to spend the day with DH we went fishing and I got a little sunburned. Saturday we went out and helped the kids work on the house then I came home and did SJP/Weights Circuit, I also walked Saturday morning, then yesterday DH and I went for a walk then to a 50th wedding anniversary. Tonite I get to work with the Personal Trainer so I am excited about that and a little nervous. Sounds like you had a good weekend.

So how did you like the personal training session?

Last night I went for a 40 minute walk.

This morning was chest and core work.

Unforturnately my weight is still going up. I'm trying to be good on the journaling, but I must be missing something. I am going to concentrate on measuring and writing everything down.

Jean

Good Morning Jean,

The personal training session was good she didn't give me a choice on wts. she grabbed 12's and 15's and that is what we used, she also likes to do the firewalker band so my outer hips hurt today. I am suppose to do at 30mins of cardio everyday but I haven't done any the last 2 days so that is what tonites workout will be. Have you looked at myfitnesspal it helps with logging everything including exercise it might help you.

Good Evening Jean,

Tonite I went to the gym and did the elliptical and then I came home and did STS Med Ball Abs, and TF Stretch 10 which I really needed.

Well I have been getting most of my workouts in this week even it I haven't posted since Monday's workout. Tuesday was chest and core, Wednesday back and today was shoulders, tris and abs. Still need to do legs. And yes, I use Myfitness Pal, but I am probably over looking hidden calories that don't register in my brain that I ate them. I need to find a way to get in more cardio to compliment the weight workouts, but just haven't dedicated myself to scheduling it all in.

Hope you have a nice weekend. Do yo have another session with the trainer?

Jean

Good Afternoon Jean,

I had a training session last night and then she had me weigh I have lost 0.5lbs and 2% body fat so I am really happy with what she is having me do. Tonite I am going to attend a Body Jam class, I went to a Turbo Kick class Wednesday night and it was fun same moves as Turbo Fire just put together differently. Glad to hear you are keeping up with your workouts. I am not so good about logging food on MF just exercise. I have a high school graduation to go to Sunday.

Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend. DD had to work so we will celebrate Mother's Day another day.
Glad you like what the trainer is having you do and so cool on seeing some results already.
Yesterday's workout was legs. Today was chest/delts/tris. I'm trying to be good with my food this week, because DH's and my anniversary is this weekend so I know I will be splurging some.

Jean

Good Afternoon Jean,

Last night was another PT session and she worked me good but its weird I am not as sore today. I had a really nice mothers day my two girls, DH and I went to my niece's high school graduation so I got to see my sister and her family and spent some time with my mother. Little Momma bought me the Pioneer Womans new cookbook. Sounds like your workouts are going great and I know you will look good this weekend for your anniversary. Tonite is cardio, abs and a stretch.

Good Evening Jean,

Tonite I did KCM's KBXing #1 with Abs and then TBS I needed the stretch.

KBX Stats:
35 min
28 in the zone
136 min hr
159 max hr
211 cals burned.

TBS:
13 mins
1 in the zone
93 min hr
122 max hr
36 cals burned.

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day.

No workout for me yesterday. Stayed up late on Tuesday working on a project and was too tired. Today got up and did back/traps and biceps. Eating has been very controlled this week. Hopefully I can continue. Saw a little drop on the scale. Hope that will continue too :).

Jean

Good Morning Jean,

Dh and I went for a 9 mile bike ride last night and my thighs are feeling it today. My PT had to cancel for tonite but she is going to send me a workout so not sure what I am doing tonite.

Hope you had a nice weekend. Today's is DH's and my 29th anniversary. We took a weekend trip to the beach. It was nice to get away and get a chance to just relax. Of course I over ate and drank so today it is back to reality and better food choices. This morning's workout was legs and core.

Jean

Good Afternoon Jean,

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! That is what we celebrate this year. Tonite I might attempt the workout my PT gave me to do last Thursday if not I will do the elliptical.

Yesterday I did cardio. (walk/jog outside) and then a treadmill speed circuit that my sil gave me an article about. You are suppose to be able to work up to 30 second sprints at 10 miles an hour. It will probably take me years to do that, lol. Today was a circuit workout for chest legs and shoulders.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.