Cathletic Supporters Aug 25 Check-In

Sugarbean

Cathlete
Hello Friends,
It's the first day of school! Woo hoo! I'll be doing rhythmic step without the kids watching me drip sweat! I am trying to figure out how to put animated smileys in the thread and have been unsuccessful, so I requested assistance from a sister thread, smileyville. I am jealous that you have such nice 70 degree weather where you are, I am in San Antonio, (we just moved here) and it is stinking hot most of the time, although it rained all day yesterday, so was actually quite nice. Well, enough of the rambling, time to actually study,
Have a great work out :D,
Lisa

Happy First Day of School!

I know exactly what you mean about school supplies. Makes me wish I was a kid again to get the supplies and put them in a new back pack etc. How exciting!

Good job with your workout yesterday! It's good to hear that you stuck to it and did what you could! Way to go! Let me know how Rhythmic Step goes. I'm scheduled to do that one tomorrow. I like it okay - the hair and outfits make me laugh on that one. I so love the straight cardio days! The weight days are so hard - I know I have to do them but they have a bit of the "ugh" factor!

I know, there are so many DVDs to keep track of! I actually put together my own rotation for Sept. the other day. It took me a really long time but it was fun and got me excited about working out! I went through all of my DVDs and wrote down what they were and what premixes I could use. Then I found a generic rotation on the forums and just plugged in the DVD/premix that I thought was good for each day. We'll see how it works out! I ordered STS as well and still have to do my 1RM for those exercises so I need to fit those in somewhere.

Today I'm scheduled to do Butts and Guts premix 4. I've decided that I need to up my ab workouts - meaning I actually need to start doing some. :p I have Core Max but rarely use it. That's my goal for this week - see where I can fit it in then do it on a more regular basis.

The countdown is on for your boards! I'll be so happy for you when you are done with them!

I now have another child that I'm watching. Starting to become a regular day care provider! A teacher friend of mine has me watching her little one starting today but only every third day because her husband is a firefighter with a weird schedule. So I'll have him and then my regular little guys on Thursdays and Fridays! Sounds like a hoot huh?

Okay - enough talking! I'll check in later!

Natalie

Hi girls,

Sorry I don't check in on the weekends. My password is programmed in at work and I can't remember it when I get home because its a random combo of numbers and letters that the site gave me one time. I told my computer here to remember it and it has but now I have no idea what it is. LOL! At some point I'll get around to changing it so that I can check in at home.

I swam for an hour each day on Sat and Sunday. It really gets my heart rate up to swim laps. I'm also worn out a lot quicker so I can only do about 15 min of straight laps and then I switch to bicycling my legs or other lower body exercises like squats. Sometimes I even put my son on my back and do squats and lunges. :) He loves it and that gives me a little extra weight work so to speak!

Today I did a Christi Taylor cardio workout. Totally Cool Step. She's no where near as athletic as Cathe but her choreography is a bit challenging due to all the twists and turns she does. I love this workout. One of my absolute faves!

I haven't ordered STS and probably won't. We'll see...

I think I'm going to give Get Ripped another try tomorrow. I haven't done one of those in a long time.

Natalie, would you share your rotation with us? I would love to take a look at it.

Thanks! Have a great day everyone!!

I was just reading your discussions about exercise vs. eating and I'm in the "better with exercise" camp. Truly, if I'm exercising I'm much better about my eating because I don't want to blow my whole day by over eating after I just worked my butt off. But if I'm not exercising consistently, 4-5x a week, I can get really out of control with eating.

How do you guys handle weekends? For me I seem to let go every weekend and always overeat even if it's just a little bit. Usually it's way more than a little bit. Do you guys have any advice on this? Or can you tell me your weekend strategies? I guess it's just that I work so hard all week and feel like treating myself. I should start treating myself with nature hikes instead of ice cream cones!!! LOL!

Hey guys!

Wondergirl - I happen to have that Christi Taylor DVD too. That is a good one! Wow - swimming for an hour? I'm impressed! I'm not a good swimmer at all (actually had to take swimming lessons last summer to learn how!) but I can't imagine swimming that long! Way to go! Since I'm a SAHM, weekends are no different than any other day for me. However, I do give myself one cheat day a week and it's usually Saturdays. For me, it really boils down to what I have around the house. I try not to buy bad stuff because if it's around, I'll eat it for the most part but that's hard with a young child and a husband that doesn't eat very well. I have to be pretty strict anyway because I can't eat anything with flour (gluten) in it so I have double quilt if I do endulge.

My rotation - I'm happy to share. Let me know what you think. Remember this is the first time I've done this so we'll see how it actually pans out.

Day 1: Run 45 min
2: Super Sets Upper Body Premix, Core Max #1
3: Butts and Guts Premix #3
4: REst
5: Step Blast
6: Muscle Endurance - Upper Body
7: Rest
8: Run 35-40 Min, Core Max #2
9: Super Sets Lower Body Blast
10: Rest
11: Cardio and Weights Upper Body, Core #3
12: Imax 2
13: Rest
14: Muscle Endurance
15: Run or Imax 3 - I'm a fair weather runner! :p
16: Push/Pull - Lower Body and Core from Boot Camp
17: REst
18: Pyramid Upper Body and Core #1
19: Rhythmic Step
20: Rest
21: Legs and Glutes
22: Run or Cardio & Weights Step Part + Step, Pump and Jump Step Premix
23: Push/Pull Total Body Premix + abs
24: Rest
25: Cardio of some kind
26: Boot Camp - Upper Body Premix
27: Rest
28: Butts and Guts
29: Run
30: Boot Camp
31: Super Sets

Okay after seeing that rotation i am feeling like an underachiever! I only do cardio and the gyms styles. I did order STS and I have been thinking about Tony HOrton's p90x+. Has anyone done it? Do any of you have any interest in loaning each other dvds? I'd be happy to share my STS once it finally gets here!!! I blew my clean eating today and really bad. I actually ate fried food something I never eat. I'm already paying for it my belly is killing me! Yet another reminder why I eat clean. Did shoulders and back today at PT. Not exactly a big workout but I did move, so I think that counts. School starts next week and by then I should be out of this funk.

Julie

Hi everyone,

I had a good weekend exercise and eating wise. Saturday I did muscle max and yesterday I did Michael Olajidae's ab boxing workout plus 2 parts of core max. I was supposed to do slow and heavy legs this morning but could not get up. I doubt I can get it in this evening, but I may get a power walk in.

Murph

Hey Julie!

It's really not as much as it looks. I just have to have a lot of different things to do or I get bored - especially with home workouts.

I have a copy of P90X - but have actually loaned it to my brother. I liked it at first but it gets boring doing the same thing for me. I'm sure I would have seen great results - was actually able to do 2 real pull-ups by the time I quit it but like I said, I get too bored. That's why I'm looking forward to STS - different DVD every workout! Perfect! Have you started figuring your 1RM? It seems to be really confusing to everyone including me! I did mine for the first disc but can't get it to print out my workout card. I'm kind of watching that forum for suggestions and questions from everyone else before I go any further I think.

Talk to you later!
Nat

Nat-That looks like a very thorough rotation! I may do that with you if that's ok? I'm horrible at coming up with rotations. I don't run very well and probably couldn't run the whole time out of 40 minutes but I could alternate walk/run. I was once up to a 20min run the whole time but that was a couple years ago. lol

Great job over the weekend, Murphy!! I hope you're able to get your PW in!

Julie-hope you feel better! I always think I'm going to remember how bad I feel when I over eat or eat something bad for me, but I never due. DUH! LOL!

Hello Everyone! Happy to hear about everyone's weekend. Natalie, that looks like a good rotation. I'm still trying to figure mine out. I did rhythmic step this AM for the first time, and I ended up watching the first segment, and then repeating it 4 times until I had a down perfectly (almost). I was frutrated at first, but it was actually pretty satisfying to master at least the first segment, and I was sweaty and it took 45 minutes, so it wasn't a total waste. Cathe's hair is pretty stylin' in that video too :). I read about STS and it freaks me out a little. I will revisit the idea around Christmas, after I have been lifting regularly. I watched a segment where Cathe does chin-ups, and it freaked me out pretty thoroughly.

Hi Julie,
Glad you're back! It sounds like you had some victories last weekend with the swimming, that is fantastic. I hope you're breathing is better today.

Hi Murph,
Congratulations on a healthy weekend! Glad you're back too.

Talk to you guys later, tomorrow I think I'll give Maximum Intensity Strength a shot.

Have a great day,
Lisa

Hey!

I would love it if you did the rotation with me! That way I can get another's thoughts on it. I put running in there because it works for me. The generic rotation that I used to build mine with just said cardio for a specific amount of time. I find running effective for me even though I don't really like to do it so that's why I put it in. Like I said, conditions have to be nearly perfect for me to run so we'll see if that's actually what I end up doing on those days! :p

Way to go Murph on good eating! I'm jealous!

Could someone please let me know when they start seeing some weight loss if that's your goal? I'm struggling with that whole thing. I mean, I'm not overweight (5'4 133 lbs) but would really like to be down around 120. You've seen my rotations (the one I'm doing now is along the same lines) and I eat okay. It's not like I'm eating fast food or fried food or cakes and cookies or anything. I do treat myself to avoid going insane but I'm pretty moderate in my treats. So what's up? I can't loose even 1 pound! :mad: Please advise!!

Nat

Wondergirl,
I am horrible at eating, I am hoping to glean inspiration from you guys! I too do not feel remorseful more than 30 minutes after overeating or eating bad stuff. I am just trying to get the exercise thing handled, and then on to eating discipline. I heard that if you stop eating sugar for 4 days, you don't crave it anymore, so I've been trying to get a 4 day stretch going, and it's been several months, and I have yet to do it! Sugar is my personal crack :D. Maybe we could all decide on a good eating plan- clean eating maybe? And then we could all do it together. That could be fun. Sometimes I am not honest with myself, but I would have to be honest with other people about my cr**py habits.
I think we can do it,
Lisa

How come a couple of our posts are not showing up? I see my last post and another one from Lisa here where we type the message but they're not showing up in the forum???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.