Cathletic Supporters Aug 20 Check-In

Sugarbean

Cathlete
Hello Friends,
I just thought I would try that name out... if there are objections/suggestions please post. Eight more days until my board exam :(:confused::eek:. Today I did Low Impact Step. I hope you all have great days and reach all of your goals!
Cheers,
Lisa

Hey Everyone!

Lisa - I keep thinking about you and your boards! I wish you the best - I'm sure you'll do fine. Make sure you let us know how it goes ASAP after your done. Do you get your score right away or do you have to wait? Celiac - I don't have the "official" diagnosis because when they did the biopsy of my small intestine I didn't have any damage. However, my liver enzymes were very elevated and they couldn't figure out why. My mom has Celiac and before she was diagnosed her liver did the same thing. Anyway, once on the gluten-free diet, liver numbers went back to normal. Weird huh? It's weird how it affects different people different ways. So that's my story with that! The diet is difficult and I admit I do occasionaly have a slice of pizza (my most favorite food) to maintain my sanity. However, I'm much better about staying GF than maintaining the clean-eating thing. :p

How early do you get up in the morning? Good job getting your workout done early!

So today I'm scheduled to do Interval Max. I'm not sure...I'm watching my friend's children today so we'll see how I feel at the end of the day!

Natalie

Good morning! My clean eating was not top notch yesterday. I seem to have this problem with sabotaging myself just when I think I've got it all together. What's up with that? So today is a new day and I sit here with my water and healthy meals packed for the work day. I usually lose it at night after dinner. I don't know what it is. It's like I'd be better if I didn't eat anything for dinner but once I eat I'm hungry all over again. It's been like this for years and you'd think I could control it now but no such luck. I'm not giving up though!

I also slept in this moring b/c DH and I had a tiff last night I couldn't put out of my head and sleep easy. He apologized this morning but he was getting pretty rough in his commentary of my diet and eating habits. Plus I'm wicked sensitive about it as it is so hearing him talk didn't help!!

Here's to a better day and Day 1 of No Sabotage! :)

Hi all,

I got a workout in but was kind of lazy. I am thinking I should do something else to make up for it. If I had put in a full effort in the beginning I could relax for the rest of the day. I am trying to eat better today so that if I don't do the extra it won't be so bad.

Lisa - what boards are you taking?

Wondergirl - I hope you have a great no-sabotage day and better evening.

Murph

Natalie- I made gluten free pancakes with sugar free syrup this AM, but I think it would be difficult to be cognizant of that all the time. Have you done interval max? Do you think this blog has helped you stay on track? I definitely think it has helped me. It becomes a box to check because I have to report it... It's not so easy for eating, though, because I can't imagine asking someone to read everything I ate in one day. I have to wait 3 months for my score, even though it's a computer test. I remember taking the drivers' ed test and getting the score immediately, but oh well. I guess I'll have to exercise to burn off the anxiety :).

Wondergirl- if DH (does that mean significant other? Dear husband?) is trainable :), like my husband, teach him not to comment on any subject remotely pertaining to weight issues. It's like male patterned baldness and imptence to him. At least that's how I feel about it. When "do you think I'm fat"-esque topics come up, my husband's facial expression now freezes and he immediately and gracelessly changes the subject. As he should. We've been married for ten years though, we've come a long way... Post dinner is the absolute hardest for me too. I think I have to replace the snacking I do after dinner with something else. I'm just not sure what would be commensurate to sitting in front of the TV and eating food. I hope you have a much better day today.

Murph- working out lazily is better than nothing, so well done. I am taking my internal medicine boards.

Does no one get my pun for our group name- "Cathletic Supporter" you know like "Athletic Supporter"?!?!?

Lisa

Hey guys!

Yes, Lisa, I get it! You are too funny!

I don't know why anyone would purposefully make gluten free pancakes. I mean there are some decent mixes out there but I still have to add vanilla and sugar of course and then once cooked, sweetened fruit and cool whip! I know, I have a problem with sugar! :eek: Luckily I can tolerate oats so I usually stick to oatmeal for breakfast!

Three months for your results???? Gee whiz! That would make me nuts!

(DH I have been told means dear husband - must have been a seriously sarcastic person who made that one up!)

I do like checking in here - good accountability!

I did make it through Interval Max tonight after the kids left. I gave about 80%. A little disappointed in myself but I did make it all the way through and tomorrow is my rest day, which I need. Maybe Murphy and I were under the same cloud today! On a positive note, I did eat pretty well today.

Alright well, I always feel like I talk too much on here - let me know if you guys get tired of my ramblings but try to remember that I'm at home w/ a 3 year old all day and on some days other young ones, so I don't get much adult interaction and need to "talk it out." :D

Later!
nat

Hi Natalie,
This is probably my paranoia manifesting because I am studying for boards, but do you know if you were checked for IgA deficiency when you were tested for celiac? 15% of people with celiac disease have it, and it's important to know because people with IgA deficiency can have anaphylactic reactions to blood transfusions. It's also strongly heritable. It's ruled out with a simple blood test (IgA level), and frequently is checked in a panel at the same time as the celiac panel. It's probably nothing, but I decided I might as well say something since it ocurred to me. You might not have had the blood tests if they went right for the definitive diagnosis with the biopsies. Just my own ramblings...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.