Cathe Newbies Unite!

txfitmom

I am starting this check-in for those who are new to Cathe workouts and want to chat with others on the same journey. It does not matter what Cathe workouts you are using, STS, Low Impact Series, etc. just come on in and post what workout you have done for the day.

I will probably post a little bit about nutrition as well, since I seem to always struggle in that area myself. If anyone has any good recipes feel free to post them here.

I am fairly new to Cathe workouts and just started STS Mesocycle 1 last week. I am rotating through the workouts by repeating each week twice. So, for two weeks I will do discs 1-3, etc. I am finding that I am fairly weak with pushups, but the other exercises are not that bad and I am actually using a lot more weight than I thought I could thanks to the 1RM test.

On non-STS days I am doing walking workouts along with a few pilates and barre workouts. I like variety so I try to change things up here and there to keep my motivation going.

Anyway, if anyone wants to join a new check-in and burn some serious calories (hoping to look really fit by December), then come on in and say hi!

hi! :)

Not a newbie here, but I wanted to pop in and welcome you and all of the other newbies that join your check in! Have fun, get fit and don't forget to WORK WORK! :)

Good luck with STS (fabulous program!) If you need anything at all there are a gazillion wonderful Cathletes here to help!

Thanks for starting the check-in! I intended on waking up early this morning and doing a video but kept hitting snooze instead :(. I am very new to her videos, I have only done the travel fit and KPC. I plan to do those videos for 2 weeks and then switch it up (I'm going to download a ton of videos once the new series is available).

So that is the plan. Hopefully this check in will help me stay on track! (With the food too-hard to stay on track when DH has no interest in eating healthy)!

Thanks again for starting this!

And a big thanks to you Ayle09 for your encouragement and support! I've belonged to other "support" groups and they were anything but. It's nice to find a group that actually cares about others and wants people to succeed!

hi! :)

Not a newbie here, but I wanted to pop in and welcome you and all of the other newbies that join your check in! Have fun, get fit and don't forget to WORK WORK! :)

Good luck with STS (fabulous program!) If you need anything at all there are a gazillion wonderful Cathletes here to help!

Thanks for the welcome, it is nice to have encouragement and I am sure I will be asking tons of questions about STS on the Cathe forum.

Thanks for starting the check-in! I intended on waking up early this morning and doing a video but kept hitting snooze instead :(. I am very new to her videos, I have only done the travel fit and KPC. I plan to do those videos for 2 weeks and then switch it up (I'm going to download a ton of videos once the new series is available).

So that is the plan. Hopefully this check in will help me stay on track! (With the food too-hard to stay on track when DH has no interest in eating healthy)!

Thanks again for starting this!

Great to see somebody join me! I hate waking up early too...my toddler likes to wake up early so I never get to exercise in the morning. I may try some from her new series as well. Since I like barre workouts I was thinking about trying her Turbo Barre. If it is anything like some of her bonus segments in her other videos, it probably will fry my lower body!

Tomorrow is my next STS workout day so I will check-in again then with my workout. Also, starting a new diet tomorrow where I count every single calorie...I have to get myself more accountable. I will be putting my meals into my Fitbit which did help me before but I got lazy, ha, ha!

Well I did it! Usually I take Wednesdays off since I go into work so early, but I put the kids to bed early tonight and did KPC. Holy cow!!!!! I have done the kickboxing stuff a couple times but this was my first time doing the ball workout at the end (I just got a balance ball). I just have to say that some of those moves are just plain impossible!!!!!! I could not do the plank workout at all-I'm definitely going to have to practice that one! It looked easy enough watching her, but my legs lauged at me when I attempted what she did. Tomorrow I plan on getting up early and doing Travel Fit.

I am using MyFitnessPal to track my food. That is the tough part for me. I'm not used to counting calories, so we'll see how that goes. So far the website seems pretty user friendly, so hopefully I stick with it.

Until tomorrow!

I meant to post yesterday after my STS workout, but then I had a bad allergy attack so went to bed early...feel much better now!

Yesterday, I did STS Disc 2 (Back and Triceps) and I felt like my strength and endurance is getting better week by week. Since I am repeating each workout twice, I am finding that everything goes a lot smoother the second time around because I pretty much know what the setup will be. I have to say, Cathe manages to turn an exercise band into a mean piece of equipment, she knows how to work that thing to get a good muscle burn!

Anyway, because I was feeling so bad last night I did not get a chance to do my cardio, so I will have to make up for it today. I don't know what workout I am going to do today...too many to choose from!

I think I am going to start adding on an ab workout to the end of each STS workout I do. I have Cathe's Ab Hits and Core Max DVDs so I might try adding on those and see if it helps with my core strength.

Kblvr: That kickboxing workout sounds interesting with the ball workout thrown in. I don't have any of Cathe's kickboxing workouts yet, not sure if I could keep with the choreography! Have you ever tried her Core Max workout? That one has some crazy moves on the ball...still cannot do the pikes, but I try to do the best I can.

Last edited:
Yes-that's what I meant. Those pikes are impossible!!! My legs wouldn't even move an inch! I'm going to try that workout again tonight!

Hope you're feeling better!

So, I have not posted in a few days and decided to finally check-in! Thursday I mainly focused on cardio and did a Leslie Sansone walking workout. Friday I did STS Disc 3 (Legs) and I swear it was as hard the second time around! My legs and butt felt pretty fried the next day. I also did another Leslie walking workout Friday as well, so maybe that is why I was hurting so much on Saturday.

Yesterday, like the crazy fitness nut that I am, I did Cathe's Push/Pull workout. This is the first time I have done the workout and it was a pretty good workout. It really was a good total body workout. There were a few moves I found challenging like the lunges where one foot is on a dumbbell (elevated off the floor) and this crazy shoulder exercise where you do a pike move off the step (did not even try that one)!

I don't know what workout I will do today, but I am tempted to buy Cathe's new Turbo Barre workout and download it just to try it.

I am excited that this next week I finally get to change things up and start my next round of STS workouts 4-6. I previewed one of them and discovered that the moves are pretty similar to the 1st disc, just looks like a few variations. I thought there would be more difference between all the discs, but I guess there are only so many moves you can do to work a particular muscle. It will still help to have a slightly different routine, since I become bored really easily!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.