Cathe Beginners Aug 19 Check In

Sugarbean

Cathlete
Hello All,
Wow, you all are inspirational influences on my diet! I am going to do total body sculpting tonight, I will log on after I do it to preserve the accountability, I hope you all have fabulous days!
Lisa
Also, what do you think about making up a name for our group because Cathe Beginners sounds a little weak...

Hey everyone!

soon2bfit - Thanks again for the info and the tips. I'll keep you posted on my clean-eating progress! This morning, after reading your post, I used honey in my oatmeal instead of sugar...is that better at least?

Jessica - About your class being cancelled last night - Don't you hate it when you totally have a plan to work out and then something like that happens and you basically lose a day of exercise. It's so difficult with children too- being on someone else's schedule for the most part! Ugh!

I think a name for our group is a great idea - we'll have to come up with something!

Okay so today I'm scheduled for Butts and Guts premix #3. I'll let you know later how that goes. I'm still sore from the pyramid upper body I did on Sunday. Gee whiz!

Natalie

Hey can I join your group? I am "new-again" to Cathe. I had to stop exercising b/c of pregnancy problems and am just getting back into it. It has been about a year since I did anything. Are any of you following her August rotation?

Good morning! Thanks for all the info on the last thread. :)

I also subscribe to Hungry-Girl.com's daily e-mails and I have her recipe book. It's really a great guide to swap out high calorie foods for low ones. The recipes are very quick and easy and that's great for me because I don't cook. (Luckily DH does! lol)

I did Super Body Sculpt from the FIRM today. I wasn't up for any kind of cardio so decided not to do a C/S workout. I can tell I've lost lots of endurance. *blah* but I got through it and I'm happy it's done for the day.

I'm in a wedding in 3 weeks and there is NO extra room in my bridesmaids dress. I also just saw some pics of me from the bridal shower 2 weeks ago and MAN have I let myself go...so I'm going to be focusing on the positives from now on and do this for my health and probably a little for my ego too. ;)

Some titles for our group could be:
Beginner Cathletes
New Cathletes
Future Cathletes
Motivated Newbies
Emerging Energizer Bunnies (lol!)

I love your suggestions Wondergirl! I especially like Future Cathletes and Emerging Energizer Bunnies! :)

Welcome Murphy! I'm actually doing her August 07 rotation just because I really wanted to focus on lower body and I had a majority of the DVDs used in that one. Are you doing her rotation for this month?

Natalie

I'm not doing a rotation currently, but I think I should start. Those always help me stay more motivated than just doing whatever I want.

I'll have to check out her August rotation. I don't have any of the PS or S&H workouts so if it uses them I'll just sub in the GS.

Thanks for posting your diet info soon2bfit! You're dedicated! That's super that you are teaching your kids good habits too.

Wondergirl, aren't bridesmaids dresses motivating? I had to squeeze into one last fall, and I wasn't sure I was gonna make it after it came in a little smaller than the sample I tried on. Ooops!

Did the hour long interval walk last night as planned, and I'll be biking to the gym for a weight training class tonight. I tried Muscle Endurance last week and realized that the class I go to is really similar to that routine.

I'll be limping back to check-in tomorrow! See you then.

Well, I made it through Butts and Guts - barely! Now I'm going to be completely wasted for the rest of the day! I feel good about my workout but feel guilty that now I just want to sit on the couch the rest of the evening and don't have much energy left for my little one. Do you guys have that problem?

Clean eating - out the window today. Ugh! I was doing fine up until lunch when a girlfriend and I decided to have a picnic lunch for our kids and my daughter has been asking for a Happy Meal for weeks now so I decided that I would let her have one and of course I just had to finish off her fries. I cannot resist those things! I even ate before we went so that I wouldn't be tempted! In addition, today is DH's b-day so I made his favorite meal - taco casserole today - I'll try not to eat much of it. I'll stay away from the cake though - I'm gluten intolerant and that could get ugly! :p

Natalie

Hello Friends,
Reporting in that I competed total body sculpting, or "TBS", as a true Cathlete would say I suppose. I think I'm going to be sore, but I don't like lifting as much as the step. Natalie, good job for making it through Butts and Gutts! I read about that one and it sounds painful, in a good way. What do you think about "The Cathletic Supporters" ? It sounds goofy, but I for one could use a chuckle when discussing topics such as clean eating and butts and gutts. You are a good wife for making your husband his favorite on his birthday. Do you have celiac sprue? That must make for conscious cooking and eating...

Did not workout today. I have been sick with a fever the last few days so other than taking care of kids I have not done a whole lot of anything. Maybe tomorrow?

Soon2Bfit good for you for taking it easy (sort of). Drink lots of water, and if you must exercise, go for a walk. You shouldn't exercise until you don't have a fever. (>100.5). Sorry to hear you're sick :(.

sorry for the late check-in! I did week 1 day 2 of the couch to 5k program this morning. Per my HRM, I burned nearly 300 calories! AMAZING! Tomorrow morning I think I will attempt PUB (pyramid upper body). We shall see what the day brings.

Jessica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.