cardio is the most hated of all July 26th

Tallchick

Cathlete
So, here I am. It is hot tonight or this morning or whatever. One should really be sleeping. I have no idea what I am going to do today but if I don't get to bed soon, I will be too tired to do anything. It is supposed to be a cardio day, maybe that is making it harder to sleep knowing that I will have to get up and do that. Darn that cardio!
Diane, sounds like having a multiple birth would be easier than doing what you do. At having the baby at least you would be loving every minute of it.
Okay, back to bed. Ate my beans. Thank you for the suggestion, August. I am not sure beans make the best late night snack. I was thinking chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing. Oh, heck, I am always thinking of chocolate icing.
"Until we meet again". My six year old says that. She lies on the bed covering her face with her book and when I walk in the room to read it, she lowers the book and says that. Makes me laugh every time.

Morning, Kate!

That's totally funny about your DD. Where'd she get that? (I mean the line "until we meet again" not the weirdness 'cause I know where she got THAT ;) LOL)

Well, I made a MOUNTAIN of barley! It's all portioned out and ready for freezing wooo! (Anybody know what 1/2 cup cooked barley measures in grams? 100 grams?)

Anyway, I was going to cook 2 portions worth at once being the lazy @ss that I am, but just before putting the uncooked barley in, I got scared. So I did it in two batches and felt like quite the little barley factory. I love how my 60-minute barley cooks in 20.

Oh, glad you got your beans in, Kate. I've longingly read "chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing" about a dozen times now. A year ago today I literally would have been eating at least one of those suckers daily. Per meal. My friends in the States would be absolutely horrified to know how I've changed. :D

How are the rest of you doing out there?

Morning Kate & August and all you other haters. It is 5:15 am right now here. Kate I LOVE the title of your post. That is how I've been feeling the past days anyhow. Did cardio 2 days in a row.

I haven't posted since Friday so I"m out of the loop (as usual).

So let's see, August is still the barley fiend right??? I still haven't bought any and I don't know why????

Diane is working long hours and going to get the kitties soon? This weekend if I"m not mistaken?

Kate has cut out 60 minutes of cardio a week. HIGH-FIVE!!!! J/K Gotta do what you gotta do right? And I'd do weights over cardio any day!

Jan-Jan: is buried somewhere in TX under a mound of papers. How is your daughter doing? Has she gotten any teeth yet? How about walking, I know she was about ready to take off.

Michele: is sleepless in Ohio. Congrats on finishing LIS yesterday.

Nothing really is going on here. Last week and the week before I did not lose a damn thing. I think I"ve hit a plateau or something but it is VERY frustrating. I read on the open discussion last week that it is very normal to stop losing on BFL and then start losing after the 8th week. I"m on week 5 and so far I"ve lost 5 lbs. Big deal!!!! I know, I"ve got to be realistic but I want this weight GONE!!!

I really wish that I could get onto here at work. I"ve been working like a maniac and I only have like 3 things in my in-box so I"m going to have some free time (unless my boss gives me a project). So it would be the perfect time to log on here. But, alas, I'm blocked.

Today is either LB or cardio. Not sure. I did cardio on Mon, cardio and upperbody yesterday. I don't want to have to do cardio on Saturday (I prefer doing UB at home). So I guess today is going to be HIIT on the elliptical or bike. Tomorrow will be LB. Friday HIIT and then Saturday UB.

I better go and get ready for work. It is so sticky downstairs - well I guess so since I forgot to turn on the a/c.

Have a great day everyone!

DANA! We've been missing you!! :* :( :*

Oh, hey, I forgot to congrat Michele on LIS! YAY!

Anyway, I've also read about that BFL 8 weeks thing. Urgh, that is totally frustrating. Hang in there, we're routing for you! That reminds me, tomorrow is my measurements day. Have fun on your elliptical (or bike)!

-- August Riding High on Barley Mountain

Hi Everyone -

I am so dying for a good nights sleep!! Last night I took an OTC sleep aid around 9 pm thinking that I could fall asleep around 10 and get a good nights sleep. Umm...no, didn't fall asleep until 1 am, and then woke up every hour on the hour wide away. I had really really weird dreams too. Never taking that stuff again. I tried Ambein before, and I liked it (except for the freaky dreams), but I think it is habit forming so not something that can work long term. I so a commercial for a new prescription sleep aid that is supposed to be non-habit forming. Rozerem? Anyone tried it? I am thinking of getting a doctors appointment, I am getting desparate here.

August - Your mountain of barley cracks me up!

Dana - Don't get down on yourself. You lost weight and are keeping it off. You were already a fit person before starting BFL, so you are not going to be one of those people that lose 30 pounds the first month because they were a couch potato before. Have you tried mixing up your HIIT cardio? What cardio options are at your gym? You could do 1/2 an IMAX, the stairclimber machine, running up stands and walking back down etc. I am used to jogging and the elliptical, but if I do the stairclimber, bike or arc trainer, I absolutely die because it is a cardio I am not used to.

Michele - Getting any more sleep?

Jana - What is with all this rain? I got soaked this morning filling up gas. How is the school work going?

I was burried under papers for school and rain!!! Good golly is it raining something nasty today!!! WOW!
Uh, Diane I thought about you this AM when I saw how much rain DT was getting. I bet you got soaked! YUCK!!! While rain is good, don't get me wrong it just has been coming down in sheets lately and it's crazy. Not to mention my allergies go nuts when it happens.

Anyway...got to go to the game last night! Yeah!!! It was a blast!! I miss my "adopted family" they really make my day when I see them! They are the best! Major "pick me up" I needed.

School is sucking so bad right now, I am over it.....

Where is Michele??? Still doing LIS??? hehe!! Yeah Michele!!
Kate-That was too cute about your DD! I know how you feel about no sleep, me too again last night! WHAT's UP WITH THIS!!!??????
I think I am having hot flashes and I am way too young for that, but I just get really hot at night and can't sleep. Uhhhh....

Dana!!! Yeah!! Dana!! we miss you!!! Ok, I have to share something with you Dana. DD is about to be 9 mos old and for mos I have been fighting with the last 8-10 lbs to get off (I only gained 27 with her), but still you would think I would have been able to get it off sooner. The injury and knee surgery were major set backs and I started eating really bad after the knee surgery. About 2 weeks ago I just snapped out of it and really started paying attention to what I was eating, but not putting pressure on myself to be perfect. Cleaned it up, really cut out the bad carbs and sugar (I am a sugar junkie) and I am already down 6 lbs. Last night at the game, my adopted mom was amazed at how much better I look since last time she saw me. I don't know if that helps any, but you seem to be doing everything right, it may just be a plateau that you are going to have to work past. Change up the cardio and weights and tweek your diet. Maybe add more or less calories. Whatever you do...DON'T be hard on yourself. You are kicking a** with all your hard work and let's face it sometimes there are things beyond our control. I think with everyone who had a baby too, there are just some last lbs that come off in their own sweet time. I think it's just part of it.

Ok, with that said I have a very fussy 8.5 month old waiting on me.

Hello to August!! I will be back in a bit. Too much rain, can't go anywhere!!

janjan

Diane, you have to sleep. Go to your doc and ask for just a few sleeping pills. They are usually cool about just a few. I used to have insomnia occasionally and this is what I did. After a few days, I would get back into the rhythm again. I feel for you.

I actually got back to sleep (I hate saying this in front of Diane) and did Imax 2,abs and stretch today. Feel much better. Diane, I want you to feel better too. Call your doctor, please!

Gotta do push-ups. Here goes. ...........

Diane - I've never tried sleeping pills but I've had lots of experience with not being able to sleep. Are you doing other stuff in bed besides sleeping, reading and youknowwhating? If you're doing any work or watching TV or anything other than "going to sleep" things in your bed, you might try stopping that so that your body will know that it's time for sleep. (Look at me - I'm typing this in bed at 1:30am LOL).

Janjan - That is really great about your weight loss and looking and feeling better. How great is that? At the end of next month I'm going to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in a while, so I hope I get the same reaction from them that you did from your adopted mom!

Kate - Glad to hear you got some sleep!

Tomorrow is measurement day and also high calorie day...I think that's probably why I can't sleep. The idea of high calorie day is getting me all excited LOL.

August - I feel like I have tried everything in the book to go to sleep. I can only fall asleep if I am drop dead tired (DH calls it when I "conk out" :) ). So I try to not watch tv, read and take a bath to wind down at night for about a hour before I want to fall asleep. I also don't stay in the bed if I can't fall asleep after 15 min or so, because then I get too frustrated and start looking at the clock. So I get up and read some more until I am drop dead tired. That is what I did wrong last night. I laid in bed from 10 pm to 1 am but didn't sleep. The problem is that a lot of times I don't get that tired until late at night, so it doesn't work out well.

Hmmm...I say call the Dr and try to get Ambien CR or Lunesta. I think Lunesta is the better one as I was told by a friend who was having a hard time sleeping. For me, I just need to not be hot and I sleep ok, but now since DD is here, sometimes I get the full 8 hours and sometimes I don't. I just adjust to it. However......I also know back in the crazy working days that I would be so wound up from work I would have a real hard time sleeping. Kept thinking about work etc. Have you ever tried yoga at night or stretch max? Yoga kinda ofa helped me, but it was just to relax. I say check with the Dr and just try to see if it helps any. I know with the Adderall I have really weird dreams all the time too and some times they freak me out, but I just get over it.

Oh, yeah...one more thing, cut out all caff drinks at 3 PM. That made a BIG dif with me. No matter what no caff!!!

And oh yeah, I am still not where I want to be. I still need to go down about 1 more size and my behind is still big, but what can a girl do if I am banned from any cardio or leg workout...it sucks!!!

Sugguestions any one????
Damm pear shape.....x( x( x(

So now I've migrated to the floor (no pillows - just like I like it) and it's 2:50am. Let's see. What kind of advice can I give to Diane on not being able to sleep...not being able to sleep...hmm.....How about just enjoying the night? :*

Hot peppermint herb tea? That's always good for waking one up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, or at least in my case. I agree with Jana, you might want to try cutting out as much caffeine as you can. Once you get the kittens you won't want to be sleeping anyway, right? Heh.

Man, I just can't tell you enough how excited I am to wake up to have my high calorie day LOL.

One size doesn't sound far away, Janjan. I'd love to slim my legs, too. Though I'm not pear shape. Hey, anyone else here not a pear?

Hey, are you also banned from floor leg work?

But....but I'm not sleepy!!

;(

WAAAAAAAA!

Actually, the worst thing happened - I fell asleep at midnight and woke up again an hour later. That's been happening to me a lot lately.

I'm hungry. ;(

LOL :D

There we go. I've had my green beans. C'mon magic green beans.

If it works, I'll recommend this system to you, Diane. LOL. Green beans.

Green beans to put you to sleep? I've never heard of that one! It is weird because I have actually be cutting out my caffeine lately. I usually only have one cup in the morning and only every once in a while have a Starbucks at around 2:30. I used to drink more than this, but I have been trying to cut back for TTC. I am about to run out of my coffee at home and was planning on buying half caff and then decaf.

I also drink one diet soda at night, so I will cut that out as well. I usually forget to count sodas for caffeine.

I will try the yoga. I have some good relaxing yoga dvds that I haven't used in a long long time. I tried yoga to sleep in the past during law school when I couldn't sleep before finals but it didn't work. That is when I ended up having to use Ambien. I haven't had 8 hours of consecutive sleep in months. I usually get about 5-6. Last night I think I got about 2. I am thinking about trying to make a doctors appointment this afternoon and just getting some drugs so that I can get on a good sleep pattern. But finding a doctor takes effort. I have lived in Houston for 2 years and don't have a general doctor yet. I just have a eye/nose/throat guy for when I get a cold. Thats it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.