Callipygian - Shapely Bum - Check in

Janis

Cathlete
Good morning Lisa

{If you’re reading this, and you’re not Lisa, good morning to you too, this is a new check in group – please feel free to join us!)

I missed hearing from you yesterday Lisa. I hope all is well in your family, work, and fitness arena. :)

I had a great day yesterday, very productive and high energy. Morningstar was the first person to mention Cardio Coach to me, then I kept hearing about it from other posters, then you mentioned him to me in your last post - the catalyst I needed to finally check Sean O’Malley out (great Irish name!). I did STS disc 8, which for some reason felt a tad easy, but I am not using a chin up/pull up bar. Then I rowed for 34 minutes with Sean, great workout.

Today I ran for 55 minutes, 5 miles. Boy I sure love the endorphins. It is a much better feeling than lethargy. Tom V’s description of endomorphs describes me perfectly, I NEED vigorous exercise every day.

I ordered another pair of Nike Free’s, in black, to wear around with my normal clothes. I still love my Dansko’s, I sure have plenty of them, but wearing the Nike Free’s allows me quicker movement, better pivots and turns, and a springier step, and right now my ankle is loving it.

How is the nutrition angle going? Are you reading through Muscle Chow? Any good ideas you want to share??:p

Tomorrow is disc 9 and depending on how I am feeling at the end I might just do Butts and Guts.

Last edited:
Hi Janis,

Sorry I didn't post yesterday! Sister and mother came in town... I am so glad your ankle forgave you, 5 miles is awfully impressive. So do you do have all the cardio coaches? I did CC 2 this morning, but on a treadmill, I had been doing them just running outside, and it was pretty good. I am about to go upstairs and do disc 6. I'm a little sad b/c I am going on a work trip next week, and am not going to be able to bring STS and all the paraphanalia with me, (5/13-5/18), maybe I'll just do push-ups and lunges in the hotel room :(
My eating is not horrible, but I need to get better at planning. You're right, planning is 75% of the battle, once the menu is planned and executed, eating it is the easy part. Muscle Chow is in the mail, hopefully be here soon, b/c I need some ideas to execute :rolleyes:

Let's hear it for shapely bums everywhere!!!

Talk to you tomorrow,
Lisa

Hi Again Lisa

My ankle is cranky and swollen by nightfall, but was totally fine while running. Go figure. Wearing the Nike Free has revealed to me that I walk funny - I didn't realize how much I roll my ankle, turn my heal inward while I walk. (pronating??) It is no wonder I tumbled right out of my clogs! The Nike Free were designed to mimic barefoot running. I am liking them because the support is the right places for my foot, and they are really flexible, they seem to be the perfect width in the ball area and narrow in the heal.

Yeah - Disc 6....LEGS. It took me awhile to get those wall squats without rolling off the ball! Does the hotel have cardio equipment??? Push ups, sit ups, lunges and squats in your room sounds like a good plan.:)

I only downloaded Vol 1 of Cardio Coach, but I liked it so much I am going back for more.

Hi Janis,
Hope today was great and your ankle was feeling cooperative. I did not have a good eating day AT ALL, but I did exercise. Oreos and barbecue were involved. Tomorrow will be better- where is my muscle chow book?!?
Talk to you tomorrow,
Lisa

Hi Lisa

Oh, that's too bad you didn't have a good eating day, we all have those, but you have a good attitude, "tomorrow will be better". That's the other part of the battle, don't you agree - Part 1, planning, Part 2, attitude, Part 3 execution.

Yesterday I used my stationary bike, did I tell you it came? My ds11 assembled it for me; I really like it. After riding I did the whole morning routine - breakfasts made, lunches packed, and everyone off. Then I did disc 9 -legs. Afterward I contemplated doing Butts and Guts, I even turned it on, did the warm up and the first few exercises - lunges I think, I fast forwarded through their deadlift set, then the next exercise was something on the high step with weights, I went to step up and my body said "No ____ way." Funny how you don't feel the DOMS until later, and this was later enough I guess! LOL.

Today I am going to do cardio intervals, I am thinking of 30minutes on each piece of equipment. Then I need to do some abdominal work.

After that - I have some cupboards that need cleaning out, and I have some work in the garden to do.

I ordered the Eating clean cookbook last night. I am a "foodie" and do a lot of cooking and we eat a lot of the good stuff - but I need some breakfast ideas. Egg whites are not my friends anymore. :eek:

Have a great workout today and remember to feed your body what it needs to sustain your workout and to repair your muscles!

Have you written your goals yet? I really like how Tom V breaks it down to daily goals, weekly goals, monthly goals and builds from there.

(yeah where is your muscle chow book? do you order from Amazon frequently?? We buy the Amazon Prime membership. We definitely use up the free shipping, PLUS you get your items in two days.:))

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

I am impressed with you plan so far. Have you ever been into doing Cathe's step? I used to love it, but have since favored machines b/c I like to do it in the AM, and step in the AM wakes the whole house. I'm thinking I might have changed my mind by the time STS cardio comes out, so am thinking about taking the plunge and ordering it.

My sister and mother are in town this weekend, so it's been hard to stick with my eating plan, but all I can say is I'm doing better then before. I need to cobble together the plan for the short week (go to Houston on Wed morning).

Which cookbook did you order? It turns out mine didn't come b/c I ordered it on a credit card that I had lost and had replaced and forgotten to update in my Amazon account. They e-mailed me about it, but like a dumb**s, I deleted them without thinking (or reading them), so I just re-placed the order, but with one day shipping.

I'm going to have dinner with a friend I haven't seen since the sixth grade while in Houston! Craziness!

Hope you had a great mother's day!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I hope you had a nice Mother's Day too, and a nice visit with your mother and sister.:)

My boys gave me a digital photo frame which holds a huge quantity of images on a flash drive. They spent days working together to select the images. I could hear them laughing uproariously in their rooms, but I never ventured back there to see what they were up to, now I know. It is really sweet, and since I have yet to assemble a single photo album, it is also very special. It has inspired me to get the early prints scanned, (before digital cameras were invented), then I can have several more digital frames running with all our images. In the evening we went out to eat; it was a very nice day all around.

As for workouts - on Saturday I ended up doing 20 minutes on each piece of equipment, mostly because of circumstances. After 20min on TM my ankle was screaming at me, then after 22 min on the rowing machine something went wonky with my ipod, by the time I sorted it out my heart rate had returned to normal, and exactly 20 min in on the bike my shoe lace got wound around the peddle and jammed up. I was calling out "somebody, anybody..." no one came. Finally I managed to wiggle my foot out of my shoe, climbed off the bike, and untangled my lace. I took it as a sign to stop. Note to self - triple tie laces.

Sunday, before the kids woke up, I did some low low low intensity isometric exercises and yoga.

Today, I did disc 10 and then disc 12. I'll repeat disc 12 on Friday.

I pre-ordered STS cardio. I have not done a single Cathe cardio dvd, yet. Can you believe it - I only just 'found' Cathe! The handful I ordered will arrive today. I have never been very adept at step choreography, so this will be a new challenge for me.

Oh, I ordered the Tosco Reno, Eat Clean Cookbook. I don't know if I will use it or not, I'm just looking for inspiration and ideas.

I lived in Texas for a couple of years when I was a wee one, we lived near the Gulf, in Lake Jackson.

Hope you're having a great day.:)

What a cute mother's day gift!
My son got me a card shaped like a flower vase, and each of the flowers could be turned like a coupon for a chore.
I stayed up all night last night talking with my sister/mother, so didn't get up in time to exercise. The slack has grown tendrils and is growing onto me, must resist!!!! Eating was oatmeal, lentil soup, tuna, oranges, and pasta for dinner. I must get inspired, hopefully will be inspired by muscle chow, I already love the name.
That was pretty darn hilarious about your "intervals", the great cosmic cookie dispenser did not want you to work out on that day. Maybe you should ice your ankle after weight bearing?
Have a great evening and a great day tomorrow,
Lisa

Hi Lisa

You must be crazy busy getting yourself, your patients, and your household ready for your absence! Yikes.:eek:

I read about this cookbook, and thought about you, maybe it would be useful if Muscle Chow doesn't give you any family friendly food ideas -

http://www.amazon.com/Food-You-Crav...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242149250&sr=8-1

I used the stationary bike this morning, was going to use the rower after, but I was pooped - so I thought I would give myself (and my ankle) a break.

I hope your work trip is productive, and you're able to make healthy food choices! Check in if you can, but if not, I'll be hanging around when you get back. :D

Hi Janis,
Thanks for the well wishes. I did the rowing machine at the hospital and didn't feel like I was getting a very good workout. It will be a challenge, but I will attempt to keep out of trouble on this trip! Have a lovely next few days,
Cheers,
Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.