Callipygian Princesses 1 May 2009

Sugarbean

Cathlete
Hi Everyone, Janis in particular :)

I don't actually have a rowing machine, I have just been getting up at 5:30 and coming to the gym at work. It's worked out beautifully when I can haul my bahookie out of bed because I avoid traffic, and save myself about 30 minutes and half a tank of gas/week, I feel like I have gotten the benefit out of working out in the AM to rev the old metabolism, and probably I save on water, because I take a shower at work.

4 miles in 40 minutes!!! That's outstanding! Are you doing 3 discs/week and resting for two days, or just alternating days on the STS? I did disc 3 last night, and am now sporting some nice DOMS- not prohibitive, just enough to remind me that there are muscles in my butt, which is actually nice to know :).

I was looking at Muscle Chow on Amazon last night- do you think these recipes correspond to BFFM well? They seem to from what I've read.

I did 45 minutes of cardio this AM at my goal HR, 15 minutes on the recumbent bike, and 30 minutes on the TM, only at a 3.8 but at an incline of 4, and tonight I will do Abs, weights and plates, and maybe a stretching section. Tomorrow I'll do a long slow run (4 miles, but it takes me like an hour), and Sunday, disc 4 and swimming or treadmill, depending on the weather.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Lisa

callipygian

Main Entry:
cal·li·pyg·ian
Pronunciation:
\ˌka-lə-ˈpi-j(ē-)ən\
Variant(s):
also cal·li·py·gous \-ˈpī-gəs\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Greek kallipygos, from kalli- + pygē buttocks
Date:
circa 1800
: having shapely buttocks

Dear Ladies – All lurkers, catheites, cathletes, STS-ers, newbies (and –nspire, soon2bfit, rcsaros)

Lisa a.k.a. “Sugarbean” started this check in and challenge thread to launch off a 12 week transformation goal. Please feel free to join our endeavor for a more shapely buttocks!

For Meso 1 I am doing the legs circuit twice a week. For Meso 2 the legs rotation is smack in the middle of the week, so my plan of action (subject to change) is to add more cardio and continue with Meso 2 as Cathe planned it. Today was disc6, and I gave it 100% effort. I was drenched in sweat when done.

Lisa, I am thoroughly impressed by your cardio in the am weights in the pm plan. Right now I am just doing cardio on alternate days from STS and doing yoga on my rest/recovery day. Next week I'll add a run or an alternate cardio on an Upper body day, that should work.

Today was the first day since January 1st where I have eaten something I know my body does not like …. I am sure the bloat will soon follow. I had several large handfuls of red hot blue tortilla chips, I am thinking it is hormone induced lethargy (nearing TOM) and post workout hungries….seems like my body is looking for quick fuel. (darn it) Oh, and Lisa, I did look at Muscle Chow – you know – any book that provides nutritious ideas to help you eat clean, and give you the means to reach your goals is a good book to have. :)

Tomorrow I am running and doing yoga. Right now I alternate my runs by either increasing my pace or increasing the length of time.

I love to swim, I am envious that you have a facility to swim in early May….I will be waiting until the lake water warms up – more like late July.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.