Cabs n' abs....wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls :)

Wendy ~ I didn't realize Amazon stopped taking orders. Hunh. I rec'd an email notice that mine has shipped and should be here this week.

Di ~ did the wind cooperate yesterday?

Angie ~ snow right before Memorial Day? Now that's wild! It is supposed to be sunny & close to 80 on the weekend, BUT I don't trust these guys. Yesterday one channel say it would go up to 57; the other channel said 67. One said it would be cloudy; the other said there would be showers. It poured. *lol* I bought the Wii Fit mainly for the skiing simulation games. More (((HUGS))). I hope you can stay busy until Friday and not stress AS much about Kirby's ultrasound. Gotcha in our thoughts.

Laura ~ great that your boss sweetened the deal for you to stay. Here's hoping the extra incentive ups your tolerance for your friend there.

According to the forecast, we can expect rain the next two days, so my scheduled run today will likely become some kind of indoor cardio. Maybe the EXT. Don't know if I'm ready to look at the DM again so soon. :7

Have a great day, ladies!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning.

I will be doing my 2nd AB weight work out this afternoon. I have to work this morning and did not have the energy to get my butt in gear early enough to work out this morning. :p

Cathy: You must review Wii Fit for us so I know if I should get it....if/when it ever is in stock in my area! LOL Sorry your runs keep getting rained out. BLECH. Any plans for the Memorial Day weekend?

BBL. :)

Hi ladies,

I did go on my afternoon run yesterday! I ran 5-6 miles in 85 degree heat. Thankfully every now and then a cool breeze came through. My feet and ankles aren't hurting this morning so that's a good sign that they are adapting.

This morning is SS lower body blast and coremax 3. I will probably go to the rec ctr for cardio since I don't want to run in the heat again today.

I ended up working late last night and had to go straigh from work to Jerod's first baseball game. They lost bad, 13-2. This is a rec league and they have several players that have never played before. Jerod's played on several competitive teams and can read the plays and many of the other players can't. He wants to try out for a competitive team for next year and I don't blame him.

DH told me this morning we had flying ants in the garage-yuck. When I started laundry this morning I saw one in the basement. Time to get some ant killer!

Cathy-It sounds like you may have to rearrange your schedule to get your long runs in. The weather has definitely not been in your favor lately. I'm sure once school is out the marathon training will be right on track. When is your last day of school? Zach since he's a sr.-his last day is may 28th. Jerod's last day is June 4th.

Wendy-I'm very interested in Alwyn. I see that I can order NROL4W from Amazon, but do you know if his other books are only available as ebooks? I looked at the one Cathy will be doing and it's $77. Nice job getting in that yoga after all! I also realized I'm not following the rotation you gave me. I'm going to do 2 weeks of phase 2 then switch to 2 weeks of the X+, then 1 week circuits and go from there.

Laura-Glad to hear you made your job decision and your boss came through for you! I'm really going to miss meeting you in person at the RT. I'm sure your class was glad to have you back.

Angie-I'm so sorry you have to go through this crisis with Kirby. Sending healing vibes! I love Imax 3. I've been switching between Imax 3 and 2 and subbing those for plyoX.

BBL

Diana

Morning Ladies!!

OK .. the cardio class Mon. was great ..didn't feel like I had a week off .. my 4 step torture class is another thing all together! Let me scream .... {{{{{{{ OUCHIE }}}}}}}}} .... yikes do my pecs hurt .. my legs from all the walking are fine ..but the pecs, abs, and shoulders can tell I slacked off for a week!! :eek:

Cathy .. boooo on your weather .. it just is not cooperating w/you and your runs!! We were hoping for rain last night .. but it was way above us .. dang it .. we need it .. and OF COURSE it is predicted to rain SATURDAY .. was planning on having some girls over and laying out by the pool .. hhmmm .. may have to postpone till Sunday!

Wendy ... pipe me some of your energy .. I need it today! I am a draggin!!

Di ... glad the ankles are better .. I would still look into some pro shops at a professional fitting!! And also .. poor Jerod .. I know he is frustrated w/the newbies .. my nephew is on a t-ball team .. he is like a serious player .. watches and run and catches while most of his team is playing in the dirt .. LOL!!!

Angie .. sent up some prayers for Kirby .. gonna keep 'em coming too .. you never know .. you may get decent news .. the age is going to be a factor though .. I pray everything will be fine!! (((( hugs ))))

today the boss has called a business office meeting .. :eek: ... hmmmmmm ... wonder what will be "discussed" .... might call for some CABS afterwards!!! :D

today is an unscheduled rest day .. w/the meeting AFTER work .. yuck .. will not have time at lunch .. so guess I will let this old worn out tired body repair today!!:D

Did any of you see DWTS??? OMG .. it was so good .. I was pulling for Jason Taylor to win .. but Christy was the best (but she has been since day 1) .. let me just add .. Usher is BAAAAD!!!! OK .. he blows me away w/his dancing!!!

Have a great one girlies .. will BBL to check in w/all of you!! :7

Good evening girls

I went grocery shopping after work today and spent lots of $$$$. The cashier asked if we were having a party. *lol* Nope, just camping. I bought pop, which I usually don't do, but it was on sale and thought the kids might enjoy the infrequent treat. I also bought ice cream sandwiches.:eek: For the kids, of coarse!:p And lots of beer for DH.:7 Add in the brats, potato chips, and dip and...well...um, this won't be a clean eating weekend. But we're also taking a turkey that we cook in a barrel (it's really good!) and chicken and lean burger so it won't be totally bad. I'm also planning on taking a run in the park.
B&B and ARX are done. I didn't really have the umph for it, but I did at least match my numbers from the last time. I think I'm gonna do L&B tomorrow so that I can bag Fridays workout if need be. I'm not sure I'll have enough energy to get it done before Kirbys appointment and I know I won't have time to do it later in the day.

Cathy - I saw a Wii Fit commerical yesterday. I can't wait to see what you think of it.
We had yucky weather today but I didn't see much snow, although it could have happened b/c it sure seemed cold enough.;( DH doesn't trust the weathermen either. He thinks they jazz things up to get the tourists up north.
I'll should be busy enough tomorrow. The problem is getting enough energy up to get it done. I've been draggin' this last week. I broke down twice at work today. Ugh! I'm totally NOT like that and it makes me so mad.}( Cody got into a scuffle at school today, which he claims was a big misunderstanding, but I think he's having a hard time dealing with it. I was talking to the principal on the phone and was trying to explain what he was dealing with and lost it....felt like an idiot! I had a chat with the boys tonight. I let them know it was OK to cry and to feel sad. I told them to not turn the sadness into anger. Easier said than done, but I wanted to let them know I do understand. It sure will be a learning experience, no matter how unpleasant.
Heck, I don't blame you on the DM. I don't mind the EXT. When I do CC it seems like the time just flies by. That will be my backup plan for Friday.

Wendy - I couldn't get my behind outta bed today either! Did you get that AB workout in? Of coarse you did......what did you do?

Diana - Good job on that run! Yikes, I'll bet you sucked down some water when you got home huh?
The boys are out of school on the 6th. I don't yet think this is a good thing though.:7
Thanks for the healing vibes. I'll take em!
It's tough when the boys are on losing teams. It's tough to keep that chip up. Hopefully they will improve. As long as he's having fun that's all that matters.

Laura - Thx for the hugs.:) I'm not giving up hope just yet, but trying to be realistic at the same time. It sure is a fine line. If they can do surgery with a decent outcome, we'll probably go for that, but we'll have to wait and see what they say. I hear that the place we are going to is pricey but VERY good at what they do, so I will have whatever procedures need to be done there. I can't think of anything better to spend money on. I just hope this doesn't drag on....it's just exhausting.x(
Ohhhhhh, the plot thickens. I'm dyin' to know what the meeting was about.
I'm not a DWTS fan but am a TV junkie. I have been missing a lot of my shows lately b/c I just can't stay awake. Gettin old stinks! I need a DVR!

Good Evening Girls.

Diana: Glad your ankles are feeling better even after yesterday's run. Sorry DS' team lost but I guess in a rec league with inexperienced players that is something he is going to have to learn to deal with gracefully. I agree that he should try out for a more competitive team next year if that's his thing. If you want to purchase any of Alwyn's other programs besides NROL or NROL4W, you must order them on line and yes, they are alot more expensive then the NROL's are. You can order them as e-books but there are also hard copies available for purchase. I got mine as a hard-copy. An e-book would drive me batty. Go here: I believe this is where you can pick up the hard copies of the different programs: http://www.alwyncosgrove.com/Store1.html HTH!

Ang: All of that unclean food sounds wonderful! I want to come camping with you!}( :9 }(

Cathy: I pre-ordered that new GH game today!}(

Today's A/B weight work out was awesome. It was supersets of 2 exercises a piece done for 3 sets each and most of the sets were 20 reps each. There were 6 exercises total plus 1 single exercise to be done. It took me quite a while again (90 minutes) but I am expecting this until I get used to working out from a book. Tomorrow is another 20 min round of interval training and my plan is to hit the gym and do it on the EXT. }(

Good night ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.