Cabs n' abs Wed: I get up and nothin' gets me down!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, Cabbers! :) :) :)

Happy hump day to ya w/ another 80s jam to start us off. I only have a tiny bit of catching up to do, so this'll be short. Posted other personals last night.

Angie :: sorry about your power outage! That stinks. I'm so impressed you went back later and finished off your w/out. Guess we'll see ya later tonight since the Codester has a game...good luck to the team! :)

Tonight will be 4DS Legs & Core + a cardio TBD.

I'm working out of the classroom today, so I get a little break from the kiddos. Will BBL later tonight to catch up.

Have a great day, everyone!!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Good Morning Cabbies w/Rockin' Abbies!:)

Angie: OMG sorry about the power outage! That would certainly tick me off to no end too. The power went out on me over the summer at the tail end of B&G LB premix. It ticked me off even though the work out was basically over. Good job going back and finishing. I would NOT have done that-not 3 hours later anyway!:p Sorry dinner was ruined but perhaps you can make the chicken and rice tonight instead. What did you end up having? Hope you got Cody's uniforms squeaky clean in time for his game. :) ABA is All Body Attack. It's a circuit work out put out by CIA. I love the weight work but the cardio just friggin' pisses me off! LOL

Cathy: Sorry about the long wait at the chiro. I am always prepared for that at any medical office I visit. You are lucky that you don't normally have to deal with that at the chiro. Perhaps you should take the "no news" as GOOD news as far as the BOE goes. I don't blame you for wanting more details though. I would too! LOL about the hazmat suit. I don't blame you on that count either. Great work out last night!

Well my legs are feelin' it this morning, that's for sure. I am not sure why. Does the glutamine NOT work after all??? I mean I DID do cardio y'day afternoon and did NOT take more glutamine afterwards. The only thing that I can think of though that would be sore b/c of the cardio are my calves so I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Perhaps doing B&G so close to the race has something to do with it. It's no matter though as I received my order of Recoverite y'day so I am good to go now. I will alternate that with use of the Glutamine to see what the difference is AND to use of the Glutamine since I have it now...

Today's plan is upper body after work. I didn't get my arse up early enough this morning to knock it out. When DH left for work I passed right back out! LOL

It's back to those PIA kids again today. UGH! Thankfully today is my "Friday". I don't have to work again until Monday. :)

GTG for now...BBL though.

RE: Cabs n' abs Wed: I get up and nothin' gets me down...

Morning ladies ...

My class had FOUR new students in addition to the SIX new the night before!!:eek: We used all the step and the risers!! I did the 4 step torture class even though they were new }( .. poor things! One of my co-workers started last night .. when I got to work this morning .. one of the girls said "you better go check on Leslie" .. I went to her cubicle poked my head in .. and asked if she was still my friend .. LOL .. she said "OMG GIRL!!! you need to make a video or something .. that class was unbeleivable .. I am so sore I can not move .. and you were just a talking and going and going and talking .. we were gasping for breath back there .. how in the H### do you do it?" .. LOL ... }( yes I took that as a very HUGE compliment!! She said even though it was the hardest thing she has ever done she is determined to come back .. she said three classes like that a week in 3 weeks she should be in tip top shape .. LOL .. told her it wasn't that easy .. but she did good and should keep coming .. she would get there!!

My VBF and SIL have both called to say they can't lift their arms and their chests are sore! ahhhhhh .. my work is done!}(

Today SIL and I are working legs - heavy - in the gym at lunch .. no class tonight .. it will be cleanmax tonight and may attempt a doggie bathmax .. ??

DH is better today .. sounds better and no fever so he is on the mend .. I am glad .. b/c I am getting lonely!!!}(

I am still taking the airborne .. YUCK .. man that crap is nasty .. but if it is working I am NOT complaining!

OK .. it is crazy in here .. PIA is hovering around me .. better get busy ... yes she showed up today .. again .. I almost fainted ... we will see what Thursday and the all important Friday - first of the month - checks drop - brings!!

have a great one .. I will BBL for personals!:7

Good Afternoon!

I used High Step Challenge as my guide and did the following upper body mish-mosh today:

warm up
reverse grip chin ups
tricep push ups on step
tricep dips on step
side tri push ups
wide fly pull ups
band back rows
push ups
bicep curls w/tubing
reverse grip chin ups
band one arm overhead tricep press
band external shoulder rotations
band t-back squeeze
wide fly pull ups
band rear delt flys
stretch

Now I'm drinking my Recoverite hopin' it will also help soothe the killer DOMS in my legs right now!}(

DH is workin' extra o/t again tonight so no training. I was going to make arrangements for my mom to watch Joey tonight or tomrw buy my BF and her friend got free 2 week passes to the local YMCA so they said they will go their instead. They want to try it out as they are thinking of joining.

Off to shower and think about dinner for DS and myself...I'll be back later for personals once more Cabbers check in!

Ciao Bellas!:)

Ok girlies .. it is 5:00 and I am outta here!!

Heavy legs at lunch went well ..but tough .. I swear have not been in the gym (for weight work) in 3 weeks .. MAN could I ever tell it .. I might be the one limping tommorrow!! LOL

Angie .. hope there is no more power outages for you .. I hate that .. can't imagine the weather you are having .. it was 33 degrees this morning and I was FREEZING .. I would not make it in constant snow ... although a white Christmas would be nice . but usually all we get if we get a bad winter storm is ICE STORMS .. and that means major power outages and that means I WORK .. no thank you!

Wendy .. good job on the WO .. just you and DS tonight .. SHREK Christmas story comes on tonight .. it is brand new .. and should be good (yes I am a kid at heart and ADORE all the SHREK movies) ..LOL .. I had to tell SIL about it .. for my nephew to watch .. he loves Shrek too!!

Di .. have not heard from you today .. are you doing a meltdown class tonight .. do tell!!!

Cathy .. hope you enjoyed your kid free day!! must be nice change of pace!

Oh .. sidenote .. PIA made herself usefull today .. she hung the Christmas decorations .. WOW!!!!! that is the most movement I have seen outta her in a while .. LOL!

Ok .. I am outta here .. will see all of you tomorrow!!
Have a great one!:7

Hi ladies,

It's already 5pm, only 1 more hour to go.... I did Imax 3 this morning. I haven't done this w/o since October 1st, and it is one of my favorites. I also made to WW today and am up 1.2lbs. Not too bad in my opionion, but I am back on track.

Cathy-So do you always split your cardio and weights? I love it when I can w/o 2 times per day, but that doesn't happen for me very often any more. Great job with 4DS Legs-I really like that one a lot.

Wendy-You are the queen of creativity. Your workout sounds great. I wish I loved pullups as much as you do. Are you going to continue using the bands when you start the X? I take glutamine on a regular basis and I do think it helps with recovery. What's for dinner? We are having 4 cheese tortellini with marinara sauce, salad, and garlic bread. Well that's what I'm making for the family anyway. I'm having a boca burger and salad.

Laura-You must be doing a great job is everyone is sore from your classes and they keep coming back for more-and inviting their friends to join them too. Glad DH is feeling better. No meltdown class tonight-but I'm shopping at Kohl's if that counts.

Angie-Wow, you are a trooper finishing up plyo x after 3 hours of a power outage. Hope Cody wins tonight too. Sounds like he has a great team.

Diana

Hola, Cabbers!

Wendy :: at the chiro, they were apologizing profusely for the delay…I have to admit, I did start to get a little annoyed that my w/out would be so late, but then I realized I can’t complain – I never usually wait more than 10 minutes there…so no big deal. Backups do happen…Nope, the news was not good. *lol* But I hope it’s a temporary defeat. Time will tell. I’ll take my lumps and move forward…Interesting about the glutamine…I went to GNC tonight and was tempted to scope those out but decided to wait. How were the rugrats today?

Laura :: people keep telling you to make your own workout videos—I think you need to listen!…Glad DH is recuperating and the Airborne seems to be working for you. *lol* about the PIA updates. We had a girl at the committee work today who was sneezing like a pig all over herself. I just want to marinade in anti-bacterial gel tonight.

Diana :: glad you are back on track…1 lb. post-holiday is not bad at all…No, I usually only work out 1x per day…I have thought about doing a split…but the AM workouts don’t always happen for me. Be nice to be able to do that more often. OMG, the tortellini sounds FAB. Cracking up about the Kohl’s shopping. You ladies are too funny!

I did 4DS Legs & Core this afternoon (pretty much as soon as I got home), using the BOSU for as much of the core work as possible. Then I followed it w/ 40 min. steady-state cardio on the EXT.

Have a great night!

I am tivo'ing Shrek for DS as we speak. Thanks Laura!:+

Diana: Great job with IMAX 3! The dinner you are cooking sounds delish!:9 I made DS pierogies with sour cream for dinner. I made some ww pasta for myself and then cooked broccoli in a little olive oil and threw in some red kidney beans and some adobo for a little flavor. I served the broccoli and beans over the pasta for myself and gave DS a little of just the broccoli and beans. He's such a good eater. He likes his fruits and veggies. I am blessed. :) I was never a fan of the Boca burger but like Morning Star Farms veggie burgers as well as another brand I can't recall the name of right now. I used to buy them all of the time but prices went up so I only buy them on occassion. When I got to costco I will buy the big box of Dr. Praegers veggie burgers. They aren't bad but not nearly as tastey as the others!

Laura: So you are sharing in the leg DOMS with me, huh? You know what they say-Misery loves company!}( }( }(

Cathy: Sorry about the BOE news not being good. Perhaps things will change down the line. Great work out today! So what goodies did you buy at GNC today? I've decided to take the Recoverite and L-Glutamine together. I can take the Recoverite right after my work out and the glutamine 2 hours later. Once the glutamine is gone though I will probably opt to just continue the recovery drink. I'm not going to do both and I think the Recoverite will be more beneficial for me personally.

DS is in bed and here I am watching the Shrek Christmas special! How old am I, 2!?!? :7 :7 :7 I gotta say...the baby ogres and donkeys are freakin ADORABLE!!!!!

Have a great evening girls.

*lol* Wendy, I'm watching it, too. :7 :7 :7 Nope, I'll never grow up. Now when they start showing the ol' Christmas specials with the Heatmiser and Burgermeister Meisterburger, I'll really be in my glory! :) I only picked up a new supply of vitamins. I tried the Mega Ultra Active (or something along those lines) last time and liked it.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Better late than never right??

We were starting to think the boys were gonna lose their second game. During the first half of the game at one point the score was something like 21 to 6. It was not pretty. But, they pulled it out at the end and won by 3 points! It was a nail biter. All the boys played, but the starters played the majority of the second half.

Before you all get impressed by the fact that I finished my workout after the power outage. I have to confess....the kids had danced all over my last nerve at that point and DH was getting irritable too.....so when the power came back on I desperately needed to work some agression out!}( Plus, DH headed right for the shower and I needed one too so I figured I might as well work up another sweat before hitting the shower. I don't sound nearly as dedicated now do I??:p

Cathy - So the news was not good huh? So sorry to hear that. I was hoping this whole thing would just go away for you.:-(
It sounds like you did a really solid workout tonight. You are lovin that elliptical aren't you???
So is it back to the kiddos tomorrow then?

Wendy - Funny you should ask what I had for dinner last night. I was HUNGRY and since I didn't have the time to make a healthy dinner, I grabbed a can of ravioli and ate that. Bad....I know. But I did get a huge calorie burn so I thought I could afford to do it. I also added in some carrots and celery too. The boys had PB&J during the outage.
Tonight I'm giving that soup another shot. It's on the stove as we speak. So far, so good.
Ohhhhh...A long weekend.;-) That's always nice!
Your workout looks amazing again!
DH sure is working a lot of OT. Does he have the weekend off? I'll bet the extra jack comes in handy this time of year.
I have never had pierogies or even heard of adobo. What am I missing out on?

Diana - I also have never had tortellini or a boca burger. No, I do not live on Mars....although sometimes I feel like I do! *lol*
So if you're at Kohls on a Wednesday, you must be looking for those bargains. Tell us what you find. Were you shopping for anything in particular?

Laura - IA with Cathy....I think your Cabber friends would be happy to preview your new video and give you an honest opinion of it. Maybe now that your class is full it would be a good time to set up that video camera!:D They'll all be in too much pain to even notice you have a camera set up!
LOL....I watched Shrek tonight too!:eek: ;-) It's funny how we all have the same taste. Shrek is hard to beat.

I'm off to taste the soup.....keeping fingers crossed!

Angie

Hi Night Owls,

Due to my kohl's shopping spree on Sat, I earned $90 Kohls bucks that had to be spent by Dec 1st. I wanted to go today since it's 50% off Wednesday. I did pick up a new pair of running shoes and a couple more Christmas Gifts.

Wendy-your dinner sounds delicious. I love boca burgers and buy the huge boxes at costco. I usually have 1 or 2 after my meltdown class.

Angie-I'm waiting for you to tell us DH goes hunting in the woods and brings home a rabbit or whatever and you skin and cook it for dinner! I forgot to mention you can find fitness freaks rotations on the rotation forum.

Cathy-Sorry the BOE did come back with the response you were hoping for. I've been on the PTO for years and all I can say is keep trying. Don't give up.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.