Cabs n' abs Thursday: Are we there YET?!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin’, girls! :)

I'm talkin' 'bout Friday. Are we there YET?! I'm as impatient for it as Donkey!

It’s back to the classroom for me today…After the last disaster when I was out, I specifically left a note asking the sub to make SURE the room is picked up before each class dismisses. They weren’t working on a project this time, but you never know what you’re going to come back to. Fingers are crossed.

Catchin' up on personals...

Angie :: I still you give you props for working out…if they were all workin’ my nerves like that, I probably would have left and went shopping! *lol*…It’s OK, really…The issue seems to be dying down…I’m viewing it as a situation where I’ve lost the battle, but I may win the war. It’s frustrating, in a way, to be silent and just take it, but I’m not tenured and I need to play things smart. Glad Cody’s team came through…Yes, I am absolutely lovin’ the EXT! (cheetah abbreviation for elliptical cross-trainer).

Di :: nice score at Kohl’s…good to know about Wednesdays…thanks for the kind words…it’s not an issue I can fight directly, but as mentioned above to Angie, I’m hoping in the end, “right” will prevail. I admit, there is something disheartening in the fact that the district did not have the courage to do the right thing because of a lone squeaky wheel, but I am choosing not to think about that anymore. I’ve decided I’ve let this thing eat at me for too long, and it’s getting me nowhere. I can’t win this one…at least not this way.

Today's workout will be some cardio TBD (I think I may try "Bosu Blast" with Seasun Zieger) + the KM drills and some wall squats.

BB in the afternoon to see what you're all up to...

Good morning all

It's a nice day to have off. It just started snowing today and we could get anywhere between 2-8 inches of snow today. So far we've gotten about an inch. It's really pretty watching it come down. I say bring it on! If it's gonna be cold, we might as well have the snow to go with it so there's something to play in. It gets the kids out of the house b/c they love to play in it.:)

Diana - So are you pretty much done with your Christmas shopping now? I only have a couple of gifts so far. I usually make DH go shopping with me once and try to knock everything off my list in one spree. I hate buying for his family, so I make him go too....since it is HIS family after all. *lol*
Thankfully DH rarely goes hunting for small game. He just doesn't have the time. He works from dark to dark. He does go pheasant hunting sometimes and I tell him DO NOT bring them home since I can't cook them so they taste any good. So, he lets the other hunters have his game.

Cathy - Do you have any big plans for the weekend or are you going to veg out?
Cracked up with the shopping comment. I certainly would have considered that except for the fact that I was all gross from dried sweat on me.:7 I wasn't goin' anywhere!!
Hopefully you don't have too much of a mess to deal with today.

Hi to my other cabber friends today! I'll be back soon since I'm sittin at home today. I have a to-do list as long as my arm, but just not feelin like knockin it out yet.
The soup turned out much better this time. It's still not perfect...I have a little tweeking to do, but it is much improved!
I have YogaX on tap for today, but I'm seriously thinking of subbing RS or something along those lines. I'm sick to death right now of the X!}( I loves my Tony.....but I'm definitely needing a break. That being said, I need to get over to beachbody and see when I can order the plus.:eek:

Later girls

Angie

Good morning Ladies!

Well .. I have no DOMS today .. I am surprised .. would have thought I would be limping after yesterday's heavy weight workout as hard as it was!

DH sprung it on me last night that his work is having a "party" in honor of his 25 years with the company .. being held NEXT Monday .. at this fancy dancy club .. OMG.. WHAT AM I GONNA WEAR!!!! I hit the panic button last night ... ok .. I am NOT a shopper and my closet is in bad need of a complete makeover .. all I have is WORK clothes (suits etc) ... work OUT clothes .. and casual clothes ... some dresses that are not suitable for this event .. VBF to the rescue .. gave her the project of going w/me Sat. and brave the malls and shops to find me a suitable outfit .. :eek: .. It needs to be dressy .. but not Holidayish .. and not Churchish .. more dressy business but something you would wear at a party .. aahhhh .. I am SOOOOOO not good at this!! Please send some of your shopping savey to me .. PLLLLLLEEEEAAAASE!!!

Di .. you hit some major bargains .. we have a Kholes but not here .. in the town next to us .. did not know Wed. was 50% off day .. WOW .. if VBF finds out she will be skipping class and going to Kholes! LOL

Angie .. the day off!! aahhhhhh .. how I wish .. enjoy!! Sounds like you got the soup almost down .. and let me tell you frustrated or not you still get props for finishing the workout .. LOL .. b/c if I were stressed I woul be more likely to go and get a CAB and take a long hot bath!!:)

Wendy .. awesome workout as usual!! What is on tap for today! Hope the DS enjoyed Shrek .. it was so cute to me! I just love the big guy!

Cathy .. and I too am a old Christmas cartoon junkie .. they just don't make them like that anymore .. the Grinch that was on last night .. is one of my favs.. how old must that be anyway??? GEEZE ... I am 41 .. so it is at least 40 years old! LOL .. and yes..when the Frosty and Rudolph and Santa ones come out . . I am like a huge kid! DH was laughing at me watching the Grinch last night!! .. hope you found your room in order!! :)

OK.. tonight's class will either be ALL shaping - heavy and light ... or a combo bootcamp class of cardio and shaping! Will decided when I see how many people are there .. LOL!

have a great one .. and I will BBL to check in w/all of you! and if any of you have suggestions on the 25 year celebration outfit .. PLEASE let me know .. keep in mind .. I am size 6 .. narrow hips .. muscular/thicker upper body .. uummm in other words a RULER!! LOL

have a great one!:7

I'm back....

It started getting nasty here with some gusty winds to go along with the snow so I figured I'd better get my w/o in before the power goes out.}( I just could not bring myself to do yogaX.....so I grabbed Step Works which one of my favs. I love the steady state cardio and I am always dripping wet when I am done.:) So, now I'm worked out and showered....time to go and grab some soup.:9

Laura - I am not one to help anyone with clothing. I literally live in jeans and T-shirts. *lol* There's just not very many occasions for us to get dressed up, except for the occasional wedding or funeral. Even then, most people up here dress very casually. I do NOT envy your situation at all! Sorry I'm no help.:-(
I'll bet you'll have another packed class. So, do you just make stuff up as you go along or do you already have your class memorized and repeat those with minor changes along the way? I envy you your ability to do those classes. I would love to see them....(hint, hint);-)

Wendy...it's not like you to not check in yet. Where the heck are you today?

Diana - hope to hear from you a lunch time too...

Angie

Hey Angie ..

I have certain classes that are planned out to a T.. ie: The Torture Class - Bootcamp Class - kickbox and yoga classes ... but like tonight I will be doing a mish mosh of everything .. so I will think on it today.. get a solid plan in my head of sets and reps .. then in class I usually end up "tweaking" things a bit ... depending on how the exercises are affecting the body.

Circuit class and super cardio step classes - I teach by adding set choreography peices together .. the class is never the same but always contains certain choreography they are familiar with .. when I add a new peice to the choreography I usually will break it down and do one peice at a time until they get it down then peice it together and let it flow when they are comfortable w/it (does that make sense)

with the exception of the Torture class, tonight's class (I am going w/all shaping and a little step) will be usually harder than the set classes .. b/c I usually get some brilliant evil idea in the middle of things and add it for a little extra "umph" }( }( }(

so my classes know what to expect .. but then when I surprise them they love that too!!!:D

Hi Ladies,

I did SJP step & weights premix this morning. I was supposed to do coremax 3 also but I couldn't seem to drag myself out of bed this morning. I was tired. Oh well, I have my meltdown torture tonight and we always do abs.

Just to clarify, not every Wednesdy does Kohl's have 50% off. I'm sure it was just a holiday special. I decided to take advantage of it and get more for my money. I almost bought this really cute pair of boots, they were 50% off and I had tried them on when I was there earlier in the week. They have about a 3-4 inch heel on them and I'm just not sure how often I would wear them. I still have a ways to go before I finish my Christmas shopping, but I'm off to a good start.

Cathy-you have a great attitude. It takes time for things to change, especially at the district level. Glad to hear you are loving your EXT!!!

Angie-Enjoy the snow. We'll probably get some snow around Sat and Sun. I don't mind it when I'm home, but my little car isn't great in the snow, it's just too light.

Laura-Your classes sound like so much fun. I hope you have fun picking out something a little sexy to wear for DH's 25 yr celebration.

Wendy-You must be working today. I hope it's not too stressful for you. Just think, you could be doing daycare out of your home and that should keep you going for a few hours:)

Diana

Good Afternoon Ladies.

I'm here. TIRED, but here. :) Believe it or not, I didn't work today! I got up about 7:30 I guess and DS was up shortly after that. If he gets up quickly then it cuts down on my early morning posting time which is why I didn't post here prior to this today. By the time we were ready to hit the road it was about 10! We headed out to the gym and then the foodstore and then home to unpack groceries and have lunch. I only got DS down for his nap a few minutes ago and I'm about to head for mine too!;)

I hit the TM today even though my legs are still talkin' to me. It didn't affect my run at all but boy are they talking to me more then ever now!:eek: I am hoping in the end the run helped to work out the kinks and I will wake up in better shape in the morning. I was planning a f/b work out tmrw but if my legs still hurt it's either going to be yoga or a complete rest day. Anyway, I did Itread 9/60 mins this morning. I have no idea where my energy came from as I still felt like I had just woken up while I was driving to the gym. I rocked it though! [font color=red] I ran 6 miles in 59:28!!!![/font] WOO HOO! I'm sooooo happy!:+

I am finishing up my java and then hittin' the couch for a bit. I am going to visit my mom tonight since I'm not training. I used to visit every week but once I started training it was usually just "drop the kid and run". This will be a nice change of pace for all 3 of us.:)

I'll try to get back here for personals before I leave for mom's!

Have a great afternoon.:)

Evening, girls! :)

Angie :: so how much accumulation did you wind up with?…I am heading out after work tomorrow…Saturday will be a working day…Sunday is a surprise 60th party for one of my uncles…Hope you got through your to-do list…OK, with Cathe’s upcoming STS, I thought I might bypass P90X+, but now I’m reconsidering again.

Laura:: What about something like this? http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/pr...ory=Carmel&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses

Ann Taylor Loft has lots of great dresses right now (scroll down some…the first few seem more holiday)…I think I have to head over there this weekend to maybe find a dress for my DS’s reception.

http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalo...&categoryId=211&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_211&showAll=Y

Ha, I watched The Grinch, too. :)

Di :: thanks for the clarification on Kohl’s…I misunderstood…Oooh, I say get the boots! They sound sharp!!…I saw Breck got a foot of snow—sweet! I am getting so pumped to ski out by you!!!

Wendy :: awesome run!! Rock on!! Hope you enjoyed the time w/ your mom.

I just finished BOSU Blast (w/ Seasun Zieger—it is on CIA 2604)…Hmm. Jury is out on that one. My DVD froze up at the 40th minute (it should have run 53 min. sans the core work/stretch) and I left it at that. No doubt the moves were challenging on the BOSU, but I must admit, the choreo got me at times. Out of 40 minutes, I guess it would be fair to say that I spent 10 solid minutes lost and not getting the full pump. I must say, I really enjoy w/outs that I don’t have to invest a lot of time *thinking* and *learning* since I spent my whole day *thinking* and concentrating, and when it comes to my workout, I just wanna sweat and burn. But even if I get these moves down, I think the routine’s a bit repetitive. The warmup becomes the first combo, which then gets run through all over again later on. After BB, I did the KM drills – on the BOSU – followed by 2 sets of wall squats (1 min. squat, then one-legged wall squats for 15 seconds each leg).

Oh, and I'm happy to say I had a competent sub this time...the room looked great and she left VERY positive comments for the kids. :)

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Hi again

It seems like this day will never end. Thank goodness the weekend is right around the corner. At least there should be no homework for the boys.:)

Diana - I love the snow when I don't have to drive in it. It's so beautiful when I'm parked on the couch with a hot cup of java just looking out the window at it. However, watching it from behind a steering wheel.....well, it's not so beautiful then. *lol*
Glad you found some more deals! It must feel good to get a dent in the holiday shopping.

Laura - Hope class was sweaty and evil tonight!}( Maybe you'll luck out tomorrow and PIA will call in.

Wendy - Great job on that run girl! Man....you are smokin'!!!
Hope you had a relaxing evening with your mom and Joey.

Cathy - We got about 3 inches of snow today and they are calling for snow the whole next week.
Wow - sounds like you have a busy weekend!
I must have the +! I probably will have to heavily modify....but I must have it!
It doesn't sound like you are very impressed with your new workout. Maybe it just needs to grow on you. So where are the DOMS coming from?

Night all......

Angie

Hi Girls!

I was going to do personals now but I'm just out of steam. It's way late for this ol'lady to be up still and I can't sleep forever tomorrow so I need to get to bed.

I hope everyone had a great day and I will catch up on personals in the morning so long as I don't over-sleep and end up with no time!:eek:

My mom has off tmrw so her, Joey and I are gonna spend the day together. :)

Good night my loverlies!:+

Good Evening Nightowls,

We did the same circuit only with lower body weights tonight. I really like this format. Warmup is 1 mile run on the track.
Cardio-5 laps around the track, 2 sets of stairs,
Drill 1-Squats 25,20,15 Lunges using Bosu 25, 20,15
Cardio-4 laps around the track, 3 sets of stairs
Drill 2-Wall sits 60 sec, 45 sec, 30 sec, Cross over lunges (curtsly lunges)
Cardio-3 laps around the track, 4 sets of stairs
Drill 3-standing on the bosu lift one leg out to the side and sweep around behind you and bring back to the bosu. These are glute burners. 25, 20, 15 on each leg. Single Leg Calf Raises 25, 20, 15
Cardio-2 laps around the track, 5 sets of stairs
Drill 4-Leg Abduction on the bosu 25, 20, 15, inner thigh slide (step out and squat-then drag one leg in-step out and squat and drag the other leg in. 25, 20, 15
We cool down a bit and do abs. I used this fitness disc (I think that's what it called) for abs and it really gets in those abs good. I'm looking for one at target. It's small and filled with air, used for stability work but much smaller and less expensive than a bosu. Here it is http://www.gofit.net/site/gofit/product/108

I must be crazy, I just signed up for the Spring Fitness Challenge. This class starts mid February and runs throuhg mid April. Then my favorite-bootcamp will start in June.

Cathy-DH said you might want to look at staying in Minturn instead of Vail. Although, he said they are probably booked there for the holidays too. Here's some information http://www.minturn.org/visitors/index.html I also wanted to mention a good leg workout is the Super Sets legs only premix (lower body blast). It's only about 30 minutes but is a goodie.

Angie-I've been looking at the X+ and it doesn't look like you can pre-order. I did add my email so I'll be notified. I still think the X shorts the lower body and it doesn't look the X+ includes legs either. I may hold out for Cathe's STS.

Wendy-Nice run there missy!!!! Hope you have a great day tomorrow with your Mom and Joey.

Laura-What did you think of the dresses?

Good Night,

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.