Cabs n' Abs...Thursday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls-- :)

Yesterday was an accidental snoozefest for me. I had a headache & thought I'd lie down for a nap but wound up sleeping through, so I missed my workout. OOPS! Will have to double up today.

Wendy -- most definitely NO plans Fri night, so I can survive Saturday's bc class. :) Saturday and Sunday = most likely BBQs. I should have my Wii Fit today. :) I ordered Turbulence Training last night but haven't had a chance to read it. I'll look it over this weekend and decide whether or not to stick with modified-WSFL or just follow TT for a bit. Just glancing through it, the nutritional recommendations seem far more forgiving. I don't think there is a prescribed meal plan like with WSFL. So much info, so little time, and hardly any $$ left! *lol* Congrats on your GH purchase! I haven't heard of that one. I wish they would make the GH 80s for the Wii!

Di -- great job getting out there in the heat...I'm glad the feets felt good afterward...Nah, I decided NOT to rearrange the long run schedule (kept it to Sundays) b/c during the week is pretty tough to make it happen. I'm OK with the last long run being just a bit shy. I don't think it'll wreak much havoc. I just would like to see the weather return to normal...My last day is mid-June.

Laura -- I missed the DWTS finale but agree Kristi & Mark were great together. Jason is a stunner. Hope the meeting went well.

Ange -- wow, that's quite a feast! Got room for the Cabber crew? :) Sounds like a good plan to leave yourself room to take a rest day Friday, if needed. I'm sorry to hear the past couple of days have been so tough on everyone, but it is absolutely understandable. It's hard not knowing what you're facing. More (((HUGS))).

OK, I'm off to hit the EXT to make up for yesterday. Tonight will be 4DS CST. I should do abs, too.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Girls.

Cathy: So you bought a gymboss? I did too!:p I ordered it a few days ago. I completely ignored the enabling at first but when I did finally "bite" and look up the website, that was it, I was a gonner. :7 It's not bad though. It's a CHEAP enable for once!:7 It will not only be good for me personally but for my training as well!
I have not done the TT thing (YET!) but I believe the work outs are based on the same concepts as Alwyn's program so the training is similar but perhaps not as extreme as WSFL. I don't know, I've never seen WSFL's lay out either. But anyway...you could go either way with this. You could do WSFL FIRST to blast off some fat and really SHOCK the body for a month and then bring it back to a "human" level but still work hard with TT OR you could do it in reverse and START with TT for a month to get used to the style of training before you jump into WSFL. Apparently I wasn't very helpful, was I? LOL
So which TT plan did you sign up for? Aren't there 2 levels of membership? My interest has really been picqued on that but I've spent so much money on new fitness stuff over the past couple of weeks plus I have a long-range plan in my head and don't want to get tempted by something else so I tihink TT needs to wait a few more months. LOL
DH and I are also pissed that they did not make the 80's GH for Wii. We have a PS2 which they have the game for but then we'd have to buy another guitar and I'm not so sure it's worth THAT!:-(

So we went to Cracker Barrel for that B'day dinner last night. I was as good as I could be but there was one tiny detail I did not realize. You see...I ordered a spicey catfish dish with corn and green beans. They brought out the most wonderful looking corn muffins and biscuits prior to dinner and I did not eat ONE! I did not even TASTE anything! That was tough! So dinner comes out and well, it was SOOOOOOOO good but there was one tiny problem....the entire meal was drowning in butter!}( LOL Ofcourse I ate it cause what could I do at that point. I had no idea they would do that though perhaps I should have figured. :p Well, I did the best I could and despite the butter I still felt pretty darned proud of myself. ;)

That being said, today's work out is 20 minutes of intervals. I plan on hitting the EXT at the gym for these. I'll have to put the resistance as high as it will go to work off that butter! }( LOL

So can I just tell you ladies that as of yesterday morning I had already dropped 1.5 pounds and I have only been doing AB since MONDAY! Granted my goal is not neccessarily to lose weight but that's just AWESOME! I will be doing OFFICIAL weight and BF measurements on Sunday morning. I can't wait!:)

Okay, I'll be back later to catch up on personals from y'day that I haven't gotten to.

BFN!

Hello Ladies!!!!!

:7 :7 :D :D Meeting went VERY well!!! :7 :7 :D PIA is TICKED!!! Karma finally reared her beautiful head and PIA was brought down a couple of notches .. she is TICKED!! LOL I love it!!!}( }( }( I went home and celebrated w/several CABS!:7

That being said .. gotta go to a safety luncheon w/her today .. YIKS!:eek: gonna be interesting!:eek:

Cathy .. I would love a snoozefest .. might catch one this weekend!

Wendy .. glad someone else caves to the enablers here ... dang you .. now I am gonna have to zoom over and check out gymboss .. thank you very much!!!

Di .. hoping the ankles are still feeling good!!!

Ang .. still sending those prayers up for Kirby .. and I totally understand about "loosing it" .. I keep things balled up inside and then end up "loosing" it at the most inopportune times! I hate that too .. but it is totally understandable.. Camping sounds like a blast .. I say we all load up and go w/you .. sounds like you have the works and the main staple CABS (I will be hangin' w/DH) LOL!!! have fun .. and I am hoping you get good news tommorrow!

OK .. today no lunch w/o .. intead will be more calories .. then tonight I am teaching the super triple set shaping class!! I will be complaining again tommorrow!! LOL

Have a great one and great sweaty workouts .. I will BBL to see what everyone is up to! :D

Hiya girls

Boy, I'm getting nothin' done today. The folks stopped by this morning and stayed and chatted for over an hour.:eek: Yikes! They never do that. I think they are worried about their little girl and her recent string of bad luck. They are all up-in-arms about the gas prices. I told them it sucks, but get used to it. It's not going to go down anytime soon. Yup, it certainly hurts our business, but ya can't just go crawl into a corner and give up. Some changes need to be made, but they are going to have to wait until a bit later as DH and I desperately need some down time.;)

I've got to get changed and get things hauled out to the camper. All the oh-so-naughty foods I bought yesterday need to get packed. Hopefully our fellow campers will eat most of it.:p Maybe some Cabbers will come over and eat some of it too?? You all are more than welcome to join! We've got 2 extra beds in the trailer. I'd be happy to email directions.:)

Wendy - There's a new GH game??? Or is it just for the PS2 and not the Wii?
Come on up girl! I'm buying fruits and veges too, but I doubt they will be staples in my weekend diet, especially with the CABs that will be involved. I don't generally eat well with CABs.:7
Oh my, Alwyns site looks cool. I had no idea he had so many programs. Shapeshift caught my eye. Have you heard anything about that one?
Dont you just hate it when you have intentions of eating well and your plans are foiled? Boy, you'd think fish would be a great choice.
Great job on your early progress with your new program!! Hopefully you can stay on track over the holiday. Any plans?

Cathy - A hairband GH would be totally kick a$$! I'd be first in line to buy that one!
Oops on the nap, but I can totally relate. Great job in kickin' out tht w/o early today. So, do you have another one on tap for tonight?
Is TT an Alwyn thing too?
Thanks for the warm fuzzies. I got more sleep last night and am feeling better today. I was able to tell my folks about Kirby without breaking down. I was impressed with myself for that.
Dare I ask....what's a gymboss? Do I dare running a search?

Larua - LOL re: PIA. Karma is a beautiful thing. Hope the luncheon goes well.
Lots o' CABs and fattening food in my future.:9
Super triple set shaping...is that something new?

Hey Girls.

HIIT on the EXT is done! I think I'm going to do 30 mins of some kind of yoga and/or stretch at nap time as well. :)

Laura: Glad PIA finally got what's comin' to her! They always get it in the end!}( Sorry you felt enabled to check out the gymboss. Are ya bitin'? :7

Ang: So when do you leave for your fun food and cab filled weekend? I don't know of anyone who has Shape Shift. It caught my eye too but I have too much on my plate already. Gonna have to hold off a bit before purchasing another program! LOL Try posting on the O/F, perhaps a lurker has it and will chime in! You never know!:)

BBL!

I just got my Gymboss in the mail! I'm playing around with it now! It seems pretty cool and easy to use!:7

Also, on the way to the gym this morning I stopped at Target and picked up a small, inexpensive (less then $10) food scale. I used it for my lunch and it's AWESOME! No more guessing how much I'm eating! YAY!:)

Hey Wendy

Boy, you are gettin' serious on the eating aren't you? Good for you. I looked up the gymboss and it does look interesting. It would certainly make HIIT easier to do.
I'd better hold off on the Alwyn program. I still haven't read NROLFW yet. I'd better not jump into anything else until I at least see what that's all about. I also have BFL that is collecting dust too. All the info. out there can get overwhelming. Then, there's STS that will be on my doorstep soon....I hope. I think I could read for weeks and still not get caught up on everything. I still think BFFM is an awesome read and should also re-read that and put those principles into place. And then there's this weekend where I will not be putting any good plans into place. *lol* (shrugs shoulders)

Angie .. I am with you .. I am still on vacation mentally and physically!! LOL .. got to get myself back on track!! {{ humph }} forget this weekend though .. CABS and barbgue .. although I am going to be doing some GYM style workouts and hopefully have a couple of dates w/Sean!! }(

Wendy .. I am not much into heart rate and monitoring precisely .. I may need to be .. but I push myself harder if I don't use equiptment to monitor myself .. so I am skipping on that one!! .. HA HA .. you didn't get me this time you enablers!! BUT if I did it is VERY cheap for what it does .. VERY good deal!!! leave it to me to pass on the cheapo gadget .. let something expensive come thru here and I am swishing the credit card faster than lightning!!

Speaking of .. COME ON STS!! I can't wait!!:D

Lunch went ok .. PIA was QUIET .. and made a few smart@$$ comments to which everyone ignored!! LOL she is ticked b/c her hand got called and she got realed in .. HA HA!! }(

Gotta get to work .. BBL!!

Hello cabbers,

i am lurking here and noticed angie asked about shapeshift. if it is alright that i butt in for a minute. i have shapeshift. craig ballantyne(of Turbulence Training) is the author of this program. i haven't done the program (YET), however from the looks of it, it looks like a goodie. if you want a program that is written out for you, then this would not be a good option as he pretty much just tells you how to put the program together and then it's your job to piece together your workout plan. HTH:)

Wendy -- Yeah, I did buy a Gymboss as I had posted on the cheetah thread. I think it was Sunday that I ordered. Paid for expedited shipping, which is interesting b/c I just received mine today, too. So much for speedy shipping. That's turned out to be a waste of money all too frequently. Anyway, IA--it's a fabulous device. I only downloaded the basic TT program. Got some readin' to do this weekend. :) You did darned good for a Cracker Barrel meal. And no biscuits??? Awesome! Congrats on the 1.5 lb. loss already. Very promising!

Laura -- glad the meeting went well and your irritations will be reduced...The Gymboss is only an interval timer, not a HRM. Have fun torturin' 'em tonight.

Angie-- I do think this weekend will be a much-needed and well-deserved getaway for you guys. I should be doing 4DS CST tonight, BUT the Wii arrived, so I may be deterred. :)ITA with you about drowning in all the information that's out there. Sweet of your parentals to come by & sit with you.

Hey Sunny! Great to see you over here! :)

Di -- I don't know if you are north of Denver, but I hope that twister missed you!

OK, I'm gonna go check out the Wii Fit. I may push 4DS CST to the morning. We'll see. :)

Have a great night!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hey SunnyD - thanks so much for the input. Please come back after you've done it for awhile and update us on your progress. Am I correct in assuming that it is an exercise and eating program? Does it look do-able in your opinion or is it pretty strict?
I've never done an exercise program on my own (so to speak). I heavily rely on DVD's from Cathe and Tony and (of coarse) coach Sean for the EXT. But to just put together a weight program and do it myself...ummm....no....never done that. Not to say that I wouldn't be willing to give it a shot.

Laura: The Gymboss isn't a heart rate monitor silly. It's similar to a stop watch. It's an interval timer. You can use it to properly time tons of things in your work outs. I bought it to time my rest periods during my After Burn weight work outs. I may also use it for interval training if I should decide to do some with out the aid of a machine at the gym or a dvd.

Ang: Well, I figure I paid good money to get my hands on the After Burn program so if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it RIGHT...hence the purchase of the food scale. I was like a giddy school girl making my lunch today! I weighed EVERYTHING and was able to input EXACTLY what I ate into FitDay without wondering how far off I was! The things that make us happy, ey? :p As far as Shape Shift goes, from what Sunny described I will not be ordering that any time too soon. Perhaps once I get into a real training job at a gym so that I have more practice creating routines I will be more inclined but right now I don't want to have to come up with the work outs. I want someone else to do it FOR me!;) I think you'd be better off with a different program as well. JMHO ofcourse. :) If you can do the X I think you can do After Burn! The hardest part IMO is keeping the food on track. The work outs are tough but certainly not undoable! You could rock this program!}(

So Cathy apparently got her Wii Fit today and was going to spend some time this evening playing with it. I can't wait to hear her review!!!

Oh yeah, the DOMS definatley settled in nicely as the day progressed. I feel it from head to toe and what a great feeling it is! :)

Good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.