:::Cabs n Abs:::Sunday Funday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Cabbers!:D

Well, it was another late night for moi. We ended up taking Joey bowling after dinner and then out for icecream. By the time we got home and put him to bed it was probably about 9:30. DH and I busted out the cabs and the guitar and ended up not getting to bed until 1am! Needless to say, I'm a bit tired this morning but it was fun.:D

Ang: So have you made your marathon decision yet? Inquiring minds want to know!!!}( Speaking of marathons...Did you ever unglue your eyes from the NCIS marathon y'day?

Di: C&B gets a little easier over time so if you do it alot. If you DON'T do it for a while though and then go back to it, it's a killer all over again! I remember thinking to myself "holy cr@p" when I did it again for the 1st time. My pull up assist chair doesn't slide but it will tip on me. I am going to try your heavy DB idea the next time I do C&B. I'll put them on the seat. That should counter-balance my weight and alleviate the problem. Thanks for the idea! LOL Congrats on the big capris. Did you score anything else when you went to return them?

Cathy: IA...early in the training the runs are short so it's not a big deal if you miss something. When I trained for my half the only thing I made absolutely sure I got in where my long runs. I am probably going to use the same concept to train for the 18 miler that I used for the half. I ised Galloway's idea and upped the long run mileage 1.5-2 miles every other week. That seemed to work well.

BBL.

Morning, girls! :7

I have been up since the wee hours and am still just fartin' around. :) It's a beautiful thing.

Today I'll head out for a run & will probably do another KB Goddess segment I haven't tried yet. Planning and some add'l prep for this week shouldn't be too time-consuming. I brought home some files to organize, too. If I feel like it. :)

Wendy ~ sounds like a fun night rockin' out! Your post to Di reminds me--I've drifted away from the pullups. Need to get back to those. I was just using the BOSU to assist...I started reading Bingham's book a bit last night, so today I'll make some tweaks to the plan. Do you get RW? Did you see the article on Lance/Boston in the May issue?

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hey Cathy.

Yeah, I'm not doing pull ups right now either but I will always find my way back to them. ;) NROL has pull ups in it so if I start that in May I will be doing them again. Speaking of which, I'm not so sure I'll be going that route just yet. I am totally enjoying the freedom in my work outs right now. I just might want to continue working out this way for a little while longer before comitting to such a long rotation.

I recently started getting RW again. Signed up with my running buddy and we got subscriptions for $10 each. I couldn't pass it up. I noticed the Lance/Boston article but haven't read it. Are you familiar with Sarah (Imafitnessfreak)? She is running Boston this year! She's amazing. I think she's on a continuous training cycle for marathoning all year round along with whatever weight training she does. I am hoping she pops in here to give a race report. :)

File organzing huh? Sounds like loads o' fun! LOL I'll bet you do it though. You are disciplined like that. :)

*lol* Yeah, that is my life. LOADS of fun! :7 Filing ranks up there with ironing in my books, so we'll see.

$10 for a subscription?? Awesome deal! I'd like to subscribe again, but I can't recall ever seeing it that cheap.

Haven't seen Sarah post in awhile, but IA--I'd love to hear a race report.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Hiya girls

I don't have much of a plan today. DH and the boys are out raking the yard right now. I'm hiding out.;-) *lol* I wouldn't want to interfere with their bonding time.
Today would be a good day to go and visit but I would really prefer to stay home and tinker around.

Diana - IA with Wendy. That first week of the X is rough. It was much harder than I expected it to be. The first 2 weeks (which is all I have completed so far) have been full of DOMS.
I didn't know polar would offer an upgrade. Good to know!
Yah on needing smaller pants!! That's so cool.:)

Cathy - You have more confidence in my running abilities than I do. I'm not sure a full mary is a very realistic goal for my first time out though. Especially since I know absolutely NOTHING about running or marathons. I hate to say it, but I think I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Maybe next year?? I should probably start off a bit smaller and do one around here somewhere. I think they do 5 or 10 K's during festival season. I think that may be a more realistic goal for me.
I hope you get better weather for a run today.

Wendy - Sounds like you had a fun Saturday night. Are you on the hard level for GH? I just started the medium level last week. I still haven't gotten thru the first duel on medium.:(
I did finally get thru kenpo yesterday. The NCIS marathon I can do!! LOL I wish it was that easy to do a real marathon.

Have a great Sunday girls

Angie :: Ha ha ~ yes, let the boys bond over the rake. I love it! :) There ARE people who do complete a first marathon (whether they run, walk, or do a combination thereof) without running experience, but if I were in your shoes, I would be inclined to take the same approach...Last month, I did finally make it to hard level on GH3, but I haven't played much since then, and I am TERRIBLE. Was constantly boo'ed off the stage! *lol*

Ang: Why don't you consider going to Chicago just for the GTG? I think there are a few gals going who are not going to participate in the mary! I would be there if I could!
Yeah, we were bouncing back and forth between playing another round of GH on the medium level and just practicing on the easy level.

Cathy: The HARD level of GH? Are you serious!?!? Holy cow girl, you are GOOD! I got BOO'd off the stage last night on medium!

My work out is done.

Ab Jam standing only
2 minutes of JS
CTX shoulders
2 minutes of JS
CTX triceps
2 minutes of JS
short cool down
Ab Jam lying only
Stretch

It took about an hour. I enjoyed it. :)

BB once the munchkin is down for his nap!

Toodles!:+

Munchkin is down and I am going to be following suit real soon...*yawn*...momma can't hack stayin' up late rockin' out and then havin' to get up with the little guy. I must be gettin' old!:7

I'll BBIAB to see what's going on.

G'night!;)

Hi Ladies,

I was up watching the Avs win round 1 of the playoffs!! We'll find out who we play for round 2 today. I have to work 8-5 this week so I need to get up earlier in order to get my morning w/o's in.

Since the X only offers one day of legs, I'm going to do Leaner legs, abs and cardio, possibly a run. My chest feels worked, but my lats are definitely feeling all the pullups from yesterday.

I also need to get some yard work done today. It's time to charge up the weed wacker and fuel up the lawn mower. Our front lawn is green and long around the edges.

The boys and I had a great time shopping yesterday. I exchanged my capris, bought several tank tops that I could wear to work, 1 pair sandals, 1 pr black slip ons to wear with my black capris. I bought Zach some new tennis shoes and a hat, and Jerod got a new jacket.

Wendy-Nice job on GH. It's fun no matter what level you play at. Does Joey like bowling? I want to add in mint condition a couple times this week and see what I think. Since my meltdown class is over I'm thinking I should still head to the rec ctr on M & Th for some stair running and maybe do MC at the rec ctr.

Cathy-I have the Non-runners guide to marathon running. It's a 16 week program. I was surprised that your training started so early. I am just starting to run again and need to build up my endurance before embarking on a training regimen. I miss Sarah's (Imafitnessfreak) posts. I think she's gone from being a catheite to a marathon runner! I do remember her mentioning that her marathon training was only 3 days of running per week. I'm looking for something along those lines. Have fun organizing and filing.

Angie-Send the men over when they are done with your yard as I need all the help I can get. I don't mind mowing and trimming, but pulling weeds is not for me. I'd be in the house enjoying cabs with you:)

It's already noon here and I need to get started on housecleaning, laundry and my workout.

I'll bbl-have a great day ladies.

Diana

Afternoon, ladies!

Wendy :: hope you're making up for lost zzzz's. I don't like the hard level at all--I cannot play all five frets!

Di :: I stumbled upon Galloway's book and it just so happened he had a plan going 26 weeks out, so I went with it. It kinda sorta sounds to me like you're a very strong definitely maybe. ;) :7

I just came in from my 4 miler. It's a gorgeous day out there, though the wind resistance kicked up a bit on the return. Even got to see an arrest happen. *lol* During the whole run, I kept imagining what it will be like to run the streets of Chicago with 1 million (!) spectators. :) OK--will stretch and chill a bit, then move onto the kettlebells and do a smidgen of work before this day is over.

Hi girls,

I ended up doing leaner legs & abs, then part of Tracey Staehle's kickbox challenge. It was just not my style. The spider walks were pretty tough though.

I have to go grocery shopping and start preparing my meals for the week.

I'll bbl to see if anyone pops back in.

Cathy-yeah-I'm a definite maybe.

Diana

Hellooooo

Well, DH and Cam decided to go fishing. So, we had to go find some worms first. I went with them to get some worms and then came back home and changed for a run. Yes, a run!:7 I live on a hill so the first mile or so is a really easy downhill trot. It was probably about 4 miles in total. I stopped at my destination in town and walked for a bit, not b/c I needed to catch my breath, but my inner thighs were getting chapped. I ran back home and added on a 10 minute walk for a cool down. It was a 580 calorie run that lasted about an hour with the cool down. I am pretty satisfied with that. I'm trying not to bounce up and down and concentrate on pushing forward instead. So what other advice do you runners have for a newbie? Also, how can I make the chapping stop? Do I have to buy those tight fitting shorts instead of just regular shorts?

Cathy - LOL re: being boo'ed off the stage. Been there....
Thankfully nobody was arrested on my run. But sometimes you wonder about some of those cars that go by really slowly. I had my pepper spray cliped to my shorts just in case. I don't live in a harsh area, but you just never know. I'd much rather be safe than sorry.

Diana - Great score with the shopping!
No CABs yet today....but now that you mention it...hmmmmmm.:7
You can HAVE the guys!:p *lol* Be careful what you wish for. Cam was complaining the whole time -- that's one reason I didn't go out and spoil their fun.

Wendy - WTG on that w/o. Are you doing more GH today. I might have to head down and try another couple of songs.

I just noticed, I'm usually famished after a workout, and I'm not really all that hungry now. I think I have confused my body. Good!! But I'm sure the lack of hunger won't last long since it is dinner time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.