Cabs n Abs Sunday

I'm back for a few minutes.

I've been hemming and hawwing over doing a different X rotation this time around but don't like the Doubles or Lean for different reasons. Last night I came up with my own. What do you ladies think? Does it make sense? Should I try it or just stick with Classic??

Week 1

1) Chest and Back, ARX
2) Cardio of choice
3) Core Synergy
4) Legs of choice + run
5) Chest and Back, ARX
6) Yoga
7) Rest

Week 2

1) Shoulders and Arms, ARX
2) Cardio of choice
3) Core Synergy
4) Legs and Back or legs of choice w/pull ups inserted + run
5) Yoga
6) Shoulders and Arms, ARX
7) Rest

Week 3

1) Legs and Back, ARX
2) Cardio of choice
3) Core Synergy
4) Upper Body w/o of choice + run
5) Yoga
6) Legs and Back, ARX
7) Rest

Week 4-Recovery as per X

Week 5

1) Chest Shoulders and Triceps, ARX
2) Cardio of choice
3) Core Synergy
4) Legs and Back or legs of choice w/pull ups inserted + run
5) Yoga
6) Chest Shoulders and Triceps, ARX
7) Rest

Week 6

1) Back and Biceps, ARX
2) Cardio of choice
3) Core Synergy
4) Yoga
5) Legs of Choice + run
6) Back and Biceps, ARX
7) Rest

Week 7-same as week 1

Week 8-Recovery as per X

Week 9-same as week 2

Week 10-same as week 3

Week 11-same as week 5

Week 12-same as week 6

Week 13-Recovery as per X

Mornin cabbers

DH is out plowing. We only got about 6-7 inches of snow. It's a wet, heavy snow and DH says when you drive on it, it packs down and turns to ice. We're supposed to get more snow later on tonight, so I have my doubts the kiddos will have school tomorrow.

I ate horribly yesterday. I just couldn't get full! I finally got up and made a pan of rice kripsy treats. I swear I ate a third of the pan all by myself. There was only one left this morning and I told Cam to eat it and get it out of my sight. I also had a few cabs last night since I was in a rotten mood and have no idea why. I hate when that happens!}( I feel normal today. I hope it lasts. We'll probably head downstairs soon, turn on some Christmas music, and start decorating. When I say we, I mean me and Cam, since DH hates to decorate for Christmas. *lol*

Wendy - I'll bet your girls are so proud of the fact that they participated in a 5K. I know I would be! If nothing else, it gives them bragging rights. Over the holidays, they can tell their families that they completed a 5K!! I think that's a pretty big deal. Before you know it, they will be wanting to beat their previous times.....just like someone else I know.;-) Watch out or you will have created monsters.http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/TV_and_Movies/frankenstein.gif
Actually an X like recovery sounds too hard. *lol* I'm looking for some different results. I know I won't be successful unless I get this eating under control, but I haven't taken a complete week off in a very long time. In fact, I can't remember when I've done that. That is something I need to mull over. More than likely though, I'll choose some short workouts that are typically easy ones for me like the wedding video and Gin Millers basic step, etc.
Your workout schedule looks good. The only thing I might suggest is that you find a sub for CoreSyn every other week or so. If you do that every week, you might be getting bored with it, especially since you do that one on recovery week too.

Cathy - The workout blahs don't generally stop me from working out. Actually, that may not be a good thing. I like BM2 cardio, but I was staring at that timer the whole time!!:eek: I don't like when my w/o is like that.
So, do you have the super duper workout on tap for today or did you get something in yesterday?
Did the cheesecake turn out? I LOVE cheesecake!!!:9 How was the party?

Diana - Where are you? I miss you! Hopefully we'll hear from you today.

I suppose I'd better go and figure out what will be on my plan for next week. Check back with you all later girls.

Angie

Good morning, girls! :)

I've been up since 4 am (had bizarre nightmare, which left me wide awake) and have been tearing through my to-do list, working on holiday cards, lesson plans, and a test for this week. I'm about to head out to the tanning salon and then I need to make up yesterday's workout, which I blew off.

Wendy :: your X rotation looks great and absolutely makes sense. More freedom, different order, but the basic structure is there.

Di :: haven't heard from you...you surviving the storm OK?

ETA: Angie :: didn't see your post in there...have fun finishing off the decorating today. Looking out at the white stuff would definitely put me in the holiday mood!..Nope, I didn't work out last night. I will just do it today. Today called for LL + a run and pullups, so I'm cutting out 1 cardio session and 1 of 2 leg sessions. No big deal. I worked the legs quite hard this week, so I don't feel I've cheated myself badly. When I get the blahs, sometimes I just go with it.

BBL...

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Hi Angie.

Sorry about your bad eating y'day. I haven't been doing a good job since Turkey Day myself. Even when I eat the healthy stuff I seem to be eating too much of it! Talk about not getting full. I have been feeling extraordinarly hungry so I feel like all I am doing is thinking about eating, looking for something to eat or actually eating! x( I need to take back control too but I don't know what to do as I don't know why I have such a big appetite! I am starting the X tmrw too, UGH! I was STARVING all of the time when I did the X the first time but atleast I got results regardless of my food intake. I ate pretty healthy all the way through. Only a few cheats. Let's hope I can replicate that!
Wow, you got lots of snow! We got an inch or 2 but it started snowing again recenty so who knows what we'll end up with!:eek:
Why does your DH hate decorating for Christmas? I don't mind decorating but DESPISE taking it all down so that definately keeps me from going nuts. LOL
I got a few texts from BF regarding the 5k. She's quite proud of the accomplishment and did not tell me I was nuts when I told her she now has a time to beat so I guess that means that she's not opposed to doing another one in the future!:) She texted me y'day evening saying her hips were sore and asking if that's normal. This morning she said her hips are fine now but calves are sore. She said it's all worth it though. YAY! :+ Her and the other girl I train have a trial 2 week membership to the YMCA so they are going to try it out. She is trying to decide if she wants to join a gym or the y or invest in a TM or EXT for home use.
As far as Core Syn goes I actually also considered taking it out of the recovery weeks since I have it in every other week and just doing lots of yoga. If I get bored w/it beyond that then I can do the work out I did the other day from www.trainwithmeonline.com. They also have a work out or 2 that they consider an actual core work out so I can check them out too as a possible alternative. I could also do P90 Masters Cardio Core work out so I guess I'll have enough choices to keep total boredom at bay.
If you feel the need for a REST week then go for it. If you don't like it you can cut it short. :)

Hey Cathy!

I was wondering where you were hiding! Busy morning I see! Good job getting your holiday cards out of the way! I still have to buy mine let alone write them out!:eek: LOL
Enjoy the tanning salon. I am sure it will feel awesome considering the weather! :) I HAVE to ask and hope it's not TMI...Do you tan w/anything on?? When I went to the salon I tanned with thong underwear on only. I could bring myself to take EVERYTHING off but wanted as few tan lines as possible. }(
Thanks re: my X rotation. I think I will give it a shot. I may make a few minor changes as I go along though. Angie pointed out how often Core Syn is in there so I think I will re-arrange the recovery weeks so that I don't do Core Syn those weeks.
I can't wait for DS to take a nap so I can work out. I'm starting to get antsy! LOL

BBL!

Well, I've eaten breakfast but haven't managed to drag my butt away from the computer. I can't help it...it IS Sunday after all. *lol*

Wendy - So is Today the day....the start day of your rotation....your love fest with Tony???:7 :p I hope you get awesome results again! I do think you can get away with eating more when doing the X. That's why I'm a little afraid to take the week off. With my appetite so large, I don't want to not do ANY workouts since I don't want to gain fat. I can usually easily get my workouts in but it is the eating that I struggle with. So, if I put it all on my eats and nothing in exercise....well, it just kind of freaks me out. Then again, maybe I need to get out of my comfort zone and give it a shot.
CoreSyn really gets my shoulders too. The walking planks along with another exercise in there really get them. I always start that vid thinking "no big deal" but I'm always spent when it's done.:)
Are you doing the before and after pics? I would highly suggest it. I didn't do the before pics when I did my last rotation and I wish I had because now I'm not sure how effective it was for me. I will do after pics today though when Cody gets home to take them.
As far as why DH doesn't like to decorate? Just not his thing. I think he's thinking forward to the clean up too and just thinks it's easier to just not get it out to begin with. LOL!

Cathy - When life hands you lemons, you sure know how to make lemonade! Man, have you been productive!! I'm jealous.;-)
I have no doubt you'll get in a good workout today. It sounds like you got everything else done.
Are you in a rotation right now? Are you starting the X with Wendy.....I think I remember you saying that you were going to nix that with higher cardio program.

Angie

Angie:

Don't feel bad. All I've done so far this morning is feed DS breakfast. Other then that I've been pretty lethargic and glued to the computer myself...
Nope, not starting the X today. Tomorrow is the day. Today I think I will do a cardio leg circuit of my own invention. I will pick a cardio work out and insert leg work of my choice at various points. I should do Yoga but I have 13 weeks of that coming up so missing one week so kill me! LOL :p
I would like to take before/after pics for the X. I will try to remember to have DH take pics this afternoon. I prefer them to be taken in the morning but that's not gonna happen this time! I will also weigh and take full measurements before starting. I have gained a few pounds and have been looking/feeling "fat-n-flabby" in the abs so hopefully starting the X will help fix that. I know it did amazing things for my abs last time!
I don't blame you for being nervous about taking a FULL rest week. YIKES! I couldn't do it but that's me. It doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a shot if you think it's what you need.

Diana: I saw the post for today that you put on y'day's thread. So sorry about Amanda. I hope all turns out okay for her and her little girls! Hugs, thoughts and prayers comin' her's and your way!!!

Just read your post Diana - so sorry to hear about Amanda and the babies. I'm sending positive vibes and prayers your way. I'll bet she's scared......I feel so bad!:-( Hang in there girls!
Hopefully you can get a workout in to help get rid of some of the stress you must be feeling. Take care of yourself.

Wendy - Ya, I wouldn't worry about getting that yoga in. You'll see plenty of that soon enough. If I remember right you have some yoga subs right? I skipped out on yogaX last week too.....I just couldn't take it anymore! LOL
I don't think I will be able to do a full and complete rest week. Yet, I still don't have my plan down on paper yet. Hmmmm....guess I should get working on that. LOL!

Angie

Angie: Yeah, I have 2 baron baptiste yoga vids and Xflowsion to sub for yogaX when I need a change. :) So did you start fiddling with your plan on paper yet? Have a better idea of what you might do??

I finally got DS up to bed. I vacuumed and (steam) mopped my kitchen floor while he was still awake but need to vacuum the rest of the house while he's sleeping. I also need to get my work out in which I haven't exactly figured out yet. I better get hoppin' on that!}(

Back again, girls…

I ran back out to Macy’s today and did buy the down puffy coat, after all. Now I’m eating a quick lunch and will work out shortly thereafter before getting ready for the party.

Wendy :: I tan with just my underwear on, nothing on top. I just recently purchased more thongs as I am trying to acclimate myself to wearing them. http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/thong.gif I’m not that fond of the butt floss feeling, but I guess I’m starting to get over it. I was going to Hollywood Tans, but they just jacked up their prices, so now I need to shop around. They want $70/month with a 6-month commitment. http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/pod.gif Say wha???...Oh OK--I thought maybe you had Core Syn in there so much b/c it’s a favorite. I am all for variety, so I understand the changeup. I may wind up subbing for the 4DS down the road if I start to get my fill of it.

Angie :: Yeah, I’ll definitely work out today…I think that nap yesterday just put me in a zone…the twilight zone…:)…I just started a fat loss/leg & glute rotation, similar to what I was doing in the summer (Aug. 04) except with the 4DS. Today completes week 1 of 4. Yes, I had been planning for months to start the X with Wendy and even invested in a Door Gym, but then various discussions here on the boards started me thinking that the X is probably not the best choice for me right now during a time when I’m trying to burn fat and restrict calories. I was hungry a lot and didn't really lose very many lbs. in the end. I do want to revisit the X, but I need to get a little closer to my goal...Unlike you gals, I'm pretty sure I would have no qualms with taking a rest week. :) http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/pooped.gif

Di :: (((HUGS))) to you…you must be a nervous wreck…you, Amanda, and the babies will be in my thoughts…I hope she will be able to carry them to term…keep us posted.

BBL...

I'm back!

I just finished my work out. Another fine mish-mosh put together by little ol' me. LOL

Here's what I did THIS time!}(

**LIS step warm up and stretch on bosu.
**LIS lower body sculpting exercises x 2 (only uses SB ball)
**HSTA cardio + lower body premix doing cardio and leg press portions. (cardio:bosu, leg press:bands)
**I did my own cooldown and then HSTA stretch.

This little gem ran about an hour total and I really enjoyed it!:+

I modified a few of the cardio moves from HSTA since I was using the Bosu for cardio for the first time:

Power 15's: I kept them grounded.
Step wide, jump up, step down and jack: I did lower version of stepping up on to (bosu) instead of jumping.
Elbow-knee, outer thighs, straddle taps: I kept the outer thigh lifts grounded and found even my bosu sport to be a bit to wide for me (I'm short though) to do straddle taps on safely so I adjusted and came a bit behind the bosu so I could narrow my stance. They were still butt-kickers though.

All in all I found this simple choreography very doable on the bosu. The softer surface makes you really think about what you are doing and really makes you control your muscles and your movements. There can be no mindless flailing about here. It will take some getting used to but I like it. I will keep the choreo basic though b/c I feel it's much safer that way. :)

Oy, my son is SCREAMING up there...UGH. LOL

Guess this means I GTG for now but I'll be back!:)

GREAT workout, Wendy! I might be able to do this one myself since I think I made it through the LIS w/u without falling on my face. :7 Ut oh...is Joey hurt? Hope he's OK.

I just completed my workout...SCC + iTread (too nasty to run outside) #23 - 20 min. hillwork (run/walk combo) followed by 20 min. on the EXT. I did 5 min. at a 30 degree incline, 5 minutes at a 20 degree incline, and 10 minutes at a 10 degree incline which really fried up my tooshy. Ended it with 2 pullups and 2 chinups (assisted) - and they were still pretty pathetic at that. *lol* Anyway, since I cut out LL today, I fig'd I'd work my legs a little harder, and this fit the bill just right.

Hi girls

I've become a couch potato today.x( I have been on amazon looking into some books. Someone on spark recommended "Better than steroids" so I went and looked it up. It looks interesting but it is a bit pricey so I put it on my wish list.

I finally got my plan for the next month. I didn't put a TON of effort into it, but I think it should work OK. Next week I went super easy:

M - Gin Miller circuit challenge
T - Kathy Smith weight loss w.o
W - Step max
Th - Gin Miller Power w/o
F - Wedding w.o - cardio only
S - Wedding w.o - wts. only
S - off

Actually, Cody has an away game tomorrow night (his last one) so if school isn't cancelled, I may skip tomorrows w.o. too since I DO NOT feel like doing it today at all.

Then for the following month, I decided to try Cathe's December rotation. It pulls in a lot of the older goodies. For the run portions of it, I inserted bike and short step cardios. I HATE the bike! It is soooooo boring. Although, I need to find another cardio besides step since that may be one reasons I feel like my progress is stalling. I wish my TM was working....I can tolerate that a lot better.

I've got to drag my dead butt downstairs and find some holiday spirit. HELP!:7

Angie

I'm so glad you girls worked out for me today.

Wendy.....there you go again with your personalized mish-moshes. LOL

Cathy - We must've been posting at the same time. Way to go on the workout. The bosu and pull up bar will probably serve up DOMS for you tomorrow eh? Sounds like a solid workout.

Angie

Cathy: Thongs can take some gettin' used to, I know. It took me about a week of wearing them exclusively before they became "comfortable". Now I don't even feel the floss!:7 The thing that stunk about it though was I would put them on and after a while they start feeling LESS uncomfy and just about that time I'd have to pee and when I pulled them back up I'd have to start all over again! DOH!:eek: The LIS warm up is real simple and if you are familiar with HSTA you know there's no real choreography goin' on there. Just moves. If you decide to try what I did today, let me know how you like it. So you actually survived the DM, huh? LOL

Angie: Are you pickin' on me? :p So you are going to take a stab at the December rotation ey? Gonna track your progress?

Ange :: I didn't look at the Dec. rotation too carefully, but I noticed the workouts are at about the 60 min. mark, which seems like a solid plan for an assuredly-hectic month...The low-key rotation looks good for recovery this week. Now go decorate! :) Put on some cocoa and Christmas music (my playlist choices for today: "Christmas in Hollis," Run-DMC "Last Christmas" Wham and "Baby, Please Come Home" U2). Actually, I have the BeeGees on in the background ("Shadow Dancing"). *lol* The iTunes Shuffle is on. Yeah, I've got pretty eclectic taste in music. :)...I don't think I'll have DOMS...I only used the BOSU for the calf work and some of the core work in SCC. I don't think I can do enough pullups to get DOMS yet. *lol*

Wendy :: I only wear the thongs for a few hours at a time. I cannot get myself to wear it through an entire workday. Progress is slow. :7 Story of my life. I may have to plug in that mish-mosh of yours this week. Sounds fun!

Cathy: Be persistent and you should get used to the thong thing! I can't live with out em now! The only other kind of underwear I like now are the right kind of boyshorts. If they fit well they are great but if they don't, they are downright awful.

We had Chinese food for dinner tonight. I ate everything I ordered. }( It was gooood! I know I'll be complaining in the morning but hey, ya gotta live, right? :p Hopefully the X will help me take control of my eating cause I won't want to let the rotation go to waste by ruining it with a lousy diet. We shall see....

Off to bathe DS and get him ready for bed!

BBL to tuck the cabbers in for the night!:)

LOL! Wendy - would I pick on you??? Nah!;-) :7
As far as tracking progress with the December rotation. I guess I hadn't considered it. I weight myself every week already but I know I need to get measurements and I also was going to have Cody take pics tonight....but I forgot and I have just eaten dinner and I don't think it would be a good idea now. I gotta get that done tomorrow!!

Cathy - Yup, the December rotation actually has some pretty short workout days. On those days I'll probably add in some abs, but they still won't be very long workouts. I generally do at least 60 minutes a day but maybe shorter ones will be good for me for a while. I need to shake things up. I'm not sure if it's gonna be a big enough shake up, but I'm going to give it a shot.
I still haven't done the decs.:eek: :p The Bee Gees huh? That takes me back! I remember the disco era....was into it big time as a pre-teen. I remember buying those disco records off the TV thinking they were super cool. Won't you take me to funky town? Thank goodness I was too young to make too much of a fool of myself.:) But the music still puts a smile on my face. If I remember right, didn't the parachute pant stage come shortly after that? No thong needed for those *lol*:p
You might be surprised on the pullups and the DOMS. They are challenging even if you only do 2. Even just pulling up and hanging there for a while will tax the muscles. I try to see how long I can hang there....it's not long.:D

LOL - I really should get off this couch.....

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.