Cabs n Abs Saturdays are da bomb 12/01/07

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Cabbettes!:)

I am up early this morning as I have to leave the house in just a couple of hours to head for the 5k I am doing with my clients. I am toying with doing an additional work out since I will only be walking this race. Since y'day's work out was very much for the core I am thinking something upper or lower body would be good for today. I'll have to mull this over a bit....}(

I don't have any personals to catch up on but atleast I got us started for the day so I'm off to peruse the forums with my coffee!:9

BBL!

Morning, Cabbers! Happy Saturday!

Angie aka Church Lady! Doin’ your superior dance? Well, isn’t that special???
http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/Church Lady-fingers on table-780853.jpg

I am always up for trying anything new, but other than Colorado, I really don’t know how much skiing I will get to do this winter as I’ll really have my work cut out for me on the weekends with this certification process…and then there’s the fact that BF is planning on being preggo. Where do you go?…It’s funny b/c I usually try to have what I consider realistic expectations for anything that is not Cathe…She definitely set the bar…So whenever I order something non-Cathe, I do so with the understanding that it’s going to be a risk, and I’m not upset if I don’t like it. That being said, I haven’t written off BOSU Blast, but it wasn’t an instant hit for me. If I can get past the choreo, it might be a keeper, but it will take me time. I’ve opened my mind to step, but the fact is I just don’t have much time in my schedule to practice and learn routines…I was amazed, though, at how the exercisers maintained their balance on the ball while moving so quickly…I fell off the BOSU quite a few times…And if I may go into enable mode for a sec: oh yes, the BOSU is great just for abs and pushups alone!!! Seriously. And I do think the standard BOSU, while steep at $99, is worth it. If you buy it and don’t like it, take it back…Dang that scale! But hey, if the jeans are looser, progress is progress! I definitely believe the zigzagging works…how was your steak dinner?

Laura :: OMG, sorry about the controversy! Can you send us a link to the editorial? Did you get any phone calls? Hope things die down over the weekend. I like the red dress, too…I also like the black U-neck with the belt. I’m going to head over there today to check things out.

Wendy :: nice workout yesterday. I’ll bet you’d drum up a great full-body w/out of your own…I went for HH with some work friends…we had fun but didn’t stay out too late. Traffic is gettin' nutso around here!!...Enjoy the 5K - it'll probably be hard to resist running it!

I will be shopping and working today and will save SCC + an outdoor run for later when the sun comes out and it warms up some.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Cathy: Enjoy your work out later on. Excuse my dopiness but I can't place what SCC is!? Can ya help a girl out? :p Yes, it's going to be uber hard to resist running today ESPECIALLY cause it's supposed to be COLD and that would be the fastest way to warm up!!!!

I think I'm going to do something off of Cathe's LIS dvd later on. She has sculpting with the stability ball on that I think. PERFECT. :)

Gotcha now! I had a polish moment, sorry! LOL

(I am polish so I can say that!:p )

I don't think I can use the bosu because I think she holds the ball in place of a weight most of the time in LIS. Perhaps I will add the bosu where I can though to make things more challenging! Thanks for the idea!}( I could get REALLY brave and try to do the step routine on the bosu!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Morning girls http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-cold-017.gif

Today I'm getting ready for my hunker down day. The big storm is supposed to hit late tonight and early tomorrow. I hope it's not all hype. So, I want to get all my cleaning done today, since I got interrupted yesterday. I also want to get my decorations up. I dug them out yesterday but didn't get anything up. Also in the plans are BM2 cardio blasts.;) That's it for this rotation so tomorrow I get to work on a schedule for next week. Hopefully I will still have power and internet!

Cathy - ROLFLMAO! OMG - that is so funny!!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-059.gif Now the next time you do Step Works, you'll be thinkin' about the church lady and it will be impossible for you not to smile while doing those shuffles.:p
I hear you about the risk factor with non-Cahte w/o. I couldn't agree more. I try to get most of my non-Cathe vids off ebay so if I don't like them it's no big deal. Although, I have to confess, my w/o library that doesn't have Cathe is pretty small.
You are an enabler....stop it!! LOL!
The scale was telling the true story today....up a half pound. Not surprising after my steak dinner last night. It was delish! It's been a while since I've had a steak and it was sooooooo good. I would not make a good vegetarian......I just love rare meat too much.:9 But, ya, I'll take the loose jean feeling. This is actually the time of month for me when my energy levels are highest and my clothes feel the best. Stictly hormonal I'm sure.
Those were great ideas you had for Laura on the dresses. I'm loving the black V-neck number with the long sleeves....very sleek and sexy. I'd love to order something like that, but I'm not sure I would have an occasion to wear it and I would have no idea what size I am. I guess I'll have to check out their particular size chart. Actually I like that purple little number you posted in todays post. LOL! Ummmmm.....just kidding.:7

Wendy - Sounds like you have a super duper calorie burn for today. You'll burn all kinds of calories just keeping warm!
So how does it work out with subbing in the bosu in place of the step? I think I would be afraid of twisting my ankle. Do you feel that way or is it more stable than what I'm thinking it would be like. How do you handle like pendulums and skip across that tops and stuff like that?
Since my scale is not lying this morning, I don't have to fight off those Catheites. LOL! But, if I was 7# down, I'd welcome the fight.}(

Diana - are you still out shopping???

Hi to anyone else who might show up here today.;-)

BBL

Angie

Hey Ange :: how's the cleaning and decorating going?...I actually don't have Step Works...I think that one's a bit out of my league. :)...I could never go vegetarian, either. I love a good steak!...I guess you don't have a Loft in the closest mall to you? Loft and Ann Taylor are my two favorite places to shop...In terms of the BOSU, I have used it with HSC, the BOSU Workout, and now BOSU Blast...In BOSU Blast, you do pendulums, basic steps, L-steps, repeaters, jogging, etc. on top of the BOSU. Your balance *is* most definitely challenged (I fell off a few times yesterday), but I wasn't at all worried about turning an ankle. I also did the KM drills on the BOSU, and it is SO much harder on your standing leg that way.

Well, I nearly finished my shopping. I still have my BIL and my chiro's office. Both of those will be bought online. I wound up not finding a dress at Loft, but I *did* buy two sweaters (they have GREAT sweaters this season!!!) and a pair of off-white cords that were too cute to pass up. I think I'm going to wear something I already have to the wedding reception as I don't think it's going to be a formal affair...I believe it's more of a country club-type thing...So I think I can get away with a pair of cream dress pants, a metallic-ish cowl neck top I bought last year for NYE (wound up staying home) and a black cardigan on top of that.

All right, I think I'm gonna nap for a bit. Oh, BTW, there's no way I'm running outside today. It's downright blustery out there! I'm either going to download an iTread and bite the bullet on the DM or it'll be the EXT, which I've noticed I keep typing backwards as ETX. DOH!

BBL...

Thanks Cathy! You left me to freeze my butt off out there and didn't even think to come and keep me company!:p :7

Man, was it COLD outside today!!!!! I lasted as long as I could walking with my clients but eventually left them. I was too cold to keep walking!!! They were okay cause they had one another to talk to, etc. I finished in about 40 minutes which is fine. I wasn't in it for time and walked a good portion of it. They finished in about 54 minutes. They got in under an hour which is what I was hoping for. I told them they now have a goal for the spring when they do their next one-they have to beat this time!}( ;) }( :+

I have no idea if I'll work out today after all. I'm feeling rather lazy right now. We'll see what happens....

Angie: I have never really attempted cardio on the bosu before. I know it's doable though. I don't know if I'll actually have the nerve for that yet though. It was just a thought. LOL At this point I may not work out at all!:p

BBL!

Hi girls

The laundry and vacuuming are done! The dishwasher is not yet full but it will be by bedtime so I will run those before we go to bed. The tree is up, but not yet decorated. I think Cam is working on that now. My basement is a mess b/c all the decorations boxes are out but I haven't gotten things out. Mabye tomorrow??
BM cardio blasts is done. I didn't really feel like working out today. Tomorrow is rest day....and I think I'm gonna take it pretty easy next week. I'm feeling a little burnt out.

Cathe - The closest mall to me is 2 hours away. So, I don't go there very often. I also hate clothes shopping so you won't catch me in a mall but maybe once a year.
Your outfit sounds too cute!
Are you waking up yet?? I always feel that way after a nap....that's why I don't hardly ever nap.
Aren't you going out tonight? If so, have a great time!

Wendy - So did you decide to add anything else on? I would say 5K is a pretty good w/o on it's own.
What have you got goin' on tonight?

It looks like I'm just hanging around here. I'll check back later to see what ya all are up to.

Angie

Evening Gals.

Cathy: I asked them if they were glad they did the race and they said yes and that they were proud of themselves so I was happy with that. :) Hope you find the energy to get a work out in. I was just discussing when naps are too long and they leave you feeling groggy. ACK! Annoying, isn't it?

Angie: Not all of the housework will always be done all of the time. Leave the Christmas decos for tomorrow since you aren't working out. Take an X-like recovery week this week if you are feeling burnt. It'll do you good. :)

I never ended up doing anything else. I was feeling lazy. x( Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. Considering lower body in the morning and yoga at nap time. The X starts with all upper body the first few days so I figure if I have some l/b DOMS when I first get started it's no biggie. We'll see how motivated I am tomorrow to get up in time to make this happen!}(

Well, time to beat it. Gonna go watch "Knocked Up" with DH. I've seen it but he hasn't.

Have a great night-I may pop back in after the movie though!:)

Angie :: great job overcoming the workout blahs...I'm afraid that's what I've got right now. I'm debating whether or not to force myself to do it now or just do a super-workout of some kind tomorrow.

Wendy :: so glad the girls enjoyed the 5K!...Yeah, IA about naps. This one was an unintentional two-hour (!) nap. I'm quite awake now but not feelin' the workout. Enjoy the movie. Haven't seen it but want to. Looked cute.

Just popped some cheesecake cookie bars in the oven to take to my uncle's 60th tomorrow. First time I'm trying this recipe. It was simple and hopefully will be good.

Hi Ladies,

I've been busy the past few days. Friday was a hectic day at work and I didn't have a chance to check in.

Amanda was admitted to the hospital on Friday. They are keeping her for at laest 48 hours. She is having contractions but is not dilating. She is only 32 weeks and the girls weigh about 4lbs each. They've given her steroid shots to help the babies lungs develop. They also have her on some magnesium medication to stop the contractions and it's not working. I'll find out today what the next step is. They are talking about doing a c-section within the week.

I ran errands and visited Amanda yesterday-no workout. The rotation calls for L&G extreme and I'll add a cardio to that too today.

Cathy-Your outfit sounds beautiful. Glad to hear your bosu and EXT are getting lots of use. I'm hesitant to buy a bosu, I struggle terrbily on the darned thing. I'm not sure I would use it enough to make it worth the money to me.

Angie-Step works is another toughie. I haven't done this w/o in quite a while. If I remember right, towards the end she has that high intensity section where I always think to myself "you've got to be kidding" all the while saying "I can do this". Step Works is a fun one! Great job! Sorry to the 7lbs wasn't for real. If you jeans are feeling loose, who cares what the scale says. Oh, I have not lost any weight during the meltdown class.

Wendy-You are definitely not lazy! I think it's great you were able to get your clients to do a 5K. Who knows, maybe in the spring they'll be ready to try running it. You are so creative with your workouts.

Laura-I would certainly be miffed about a personal letter being made public. Just be sure to stand behind what you said. He's the A$$ for publishing it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.