CABS n' abs...Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls! :)

Today starts the new rotation and a return to WW. Am starting off the day right with a bowl of oatmeal.

I look forward to yoga/stretch tonight. This is day two of some wicked core DOMS. Even laughing hurts. :p Some nice cobra poses should feel great.

I am supposed to go to a psychic dinner with two work friends tonight, but I think I'm going to bag it. My sinuses are really giving me grief this morning, and I'm kinda cranky. I'd rather it not be such a long day.

Well, time to get ready for work. May your Monday be merry! Will catch up with you all later.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Good Morning Cathy and the rest of the Cabbers!:)

Cathy: A psychic dinner??? What is that? I hope you feel better as the day goes on!
I think this Sunday is a bit too quick for me on the skiing thing as I need to shop for clothing and I'm not sure I'll be able to get that done this week. I will drag DH out to do that with me soon enough though and then we'll see if we can plan a day trip so I can go make a fool outta myself! LOL

I have to go to to work today, YIKES!:eek: I haven't worked since Joey got sick...um..it's been like THREE WEEKS!!!! Today could really stink! x( LOL

I am due to start round 2 of the X today but my motivation is lacking. I thought I'd have the new vids by now but I don't and think that's the problem. Not sure if I'll force myself to do it anyway or just go with my mood and start phase 2 once I get the new vids. Things that make go Hmmmmm! :p

Morning Ladies!!

I despise Monday morning .. such a downer!! LOL

Well DH and I had an EXCELLENT weekend!!:D Friday night was a fun one .. we hit a couple of times .. but both ended up w/less than we came with! but I was due .. b/c I have won the last 4 times we have played the slots .. but DH is DUE now bless his heart .. but he forgets how to hit the CASH OUT button!! LOL

Saturday went by in a blink - we went catfishing on the creek and caught some. Then grilled some quail for a late lunch .. then just had time to grab a shower and head out .. didn't get the shopping in I wanted .. time just flew by .. but we managed a nice dinner. We went to Carrabas - an Italian eatery! FINE .... I had the shrimp linguini w/a butter and herb sauce .. but filled up so fast I took most of it home - the waiter even asked if something was wrong w/it .. LOL .. NOPE just a LOT of pasta. Had the garlic taste mouth the next morning .. hate that!!

Yesterday I took the dogs for a run .. it was gorgeous out. Around 65 degrees .. we ran a long ways and then they bailed off into the pond when we got home. The female Tootsie refused to get out .. after 45 min of yelling at her she got out .. then they were filthy so I spent the next hour bathing them! GEEZE .. I was beat when I was done! My rear end is SORE today from the run!! Buster's trot is my full out run .. so he put me thru it!! LOL

Today is circuit class .. I have errands to do at lunch .. so no extra workout .. but as sore as my butt is I don't need an extra one!! LOL

Cathy .. I have gotta know what a psychic dinner is?? sounds interesting!!!

Wendy ... three weeks off? WOW .. back to reality missy!! The first day is the worse!!

Angie - kudos to the video game v/s exercise deal!! that is smart thinking!!!

Di - is your back any better?? Hope you find yourself feeling spry and pain free!!

OK .. PIA is once again on my last nerve .. but remembering my NY resolution will duely note it and let it roll off my back!! LOL

have a great one .. I have gotta run! Hope all of you have a great day .. and great sweaty workouts .. (I know I will) :7

Hi ladies,

I was up and working out by 6am this morning. I'm really working hard to get myself back on schedule after having 2 weeks off. I had a little extra motivation this morning has DH's truck is in the shop and he needed to pick up a rental car.

At any rate, I did Imax2! I usually opt for Imax 3 but have decided to do Cathe's Jan rotation starting today. I'll have to sub in a few spots. Funny how working out and having a plan just makes me feel so much better!

I'm so excited-we might buy an elliptical. It's the nordic trac audio strider 900. Is this the same one you have Cathe?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00623669000P?adCell=A3

We really don't have the money for it right now, but they are offering 4 months same as cash-which we could do. Wish me luck convincing DH. He's been looking at them for awhile, but most only are warrantied for up to 300lbs and DH is over that. He would need to lose a few lbs to get down to that. The industrial ellipticals we looked at(that could take his wt) are betweeen 3K and 5K.

Cathy-I think the psychic dinner sounds like fun. Probably best to take care of yourself though if you feel a cold coming on. I'm going to try to add in yoga x, doing half at a time for a while.

Wendy-it's going to be tough going back to work after a long break-I know. No time better than the present to get back in the swing of things!

Laura-You had a whirlwind weekend and it sounds like it flew by. I'm not very lucky on the slots, but DH usually does pretty good. I didn't know you were a runner. Good job!

Hi Angie...

Happy Monday,

Diana

Hey Di ...

Love the elliptical .. I have a Nordic Trac TM and I LOVE it!! Think it will be a good investment!!

I have been running off and on since I was about 20 .. I used to run races (the company had a team).. but didn't enjoy them b/c I got so nervous. My best time was a 5 K race .. ran it in just under 20 minutes! (sprinted to the finish line and just about lost my cookies as the camera took .. LOL).. and I would pass out now probably to run that kinda time. When I run now I usually run around 5 miles .. takes me about 45 - 50 minutes. But don't pull the 5 miles like I used to .. I usually opt for the 3 1/2 to 4 miles .. that way I am not in pain the next day! LOL

I run on the TM .. but really prefer outside in the woods .. but weather keeps me in .. I am a fair weathered runner!! I could not do the outdoor freezing cold temps for running .. I feel like my lungs freeze!! LOL I will let Wendy and Cathy handle the icy winter runs .. they are more woman than me!! LOL

Anywho .. now that the weather is getting nice again I will try to get more runs in! and my dogs sure do need it b/c they have put on some winter pounds .. LOL!!:D

Hey Girls.

I was in a super fowl mood by the time I got home from work today. When DS went down for his nap, I took a short cat-nap too and feel a bit better. Hopefully Ms. Bento will lift my spirits further as I have a "first date" with her in a few minutes!}(

Laura: You and your DH are quite the gamblers, huh? Don't feel bad...I love to gamble too!}( Glad you had fun this weekend! Hope this week at the asylum is a good one for you!!!

OH YAY! I just got my Beach Body delivery!!! *does the happy dance!!!* I am not changing my Slo Mo plan for the week though as I want time to preview the vids a bit and figure out what my phase 2 plan will be but I'm soooo happy that I got them! I also ordered a set of thier bands and thier recovery drink so I'm super excited about them too!:+ :+ :+

Diana: I hope you get that elliptical! Man, I wish I had the space for a treadmill! One day...

BBL!

Afternoon, Cabbers!

I am home already now, so that means I opted out of dinner. It’s basically dinner at a restaurant, during which everybody visits with a psychic reader for about 15 minutes. Not something I normally would be into, but I was going along for the ride with some work friends.

I don’t have a cold actually coming on – it’s just lingering congestion & sinus pressure from the bug I had during my trip. Seems to have taken a resurgence. This happens often with me as my sinuses basically suck and are easily prone to infection. I will probably stretch instead of practicing yoga tonight since the inverted poses just seem to exacerbate things.

Wendy :: OK on the skiing…Looks like I will be doing Blue again on the 26th, FYI. I can’t wait to head over to the ski shop this weekend! YAYYYY on the X+ delivery. http://www.michiganspeed.com/Speedforum/images/smilies/woot2.gif Now THAT’S something to snap ya out of a foul mood, ay? I noticed you said you paid for expedited delivery…When I ordered, they charged me $9.99 with no other options. Is that what you did?

Laur :: sounds like you & DH had a blast!…We have Carraba’s up here, too, and I have never been. Somehow I always opt for Outback. I enjoy Italian, but I love me a good, juicy steak!…Ha ha on the PIA...keep up that “Serenity Now” http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Zen/levitation.gif thinking. :) I definitely needed to peek at my Ziggy calendar this morning for some positive inspiration. I was not feelin’ the whole wakin’ up thing this morning. *lol* I used to be a total nut in terms of running in any and all kinds of weather 5x a week, but I *don’t* do that anymore. Generally, if it’s freezing or below, I’ll pass. Too many cross-training options, which I wasn’t into back then.

Di :: ooh, ooh, ooh!! So exciting! YES, I hope you get that elliptical. I have the 880. The difference is that yours will have a POWER incline. http://www.dance-forums.com/images/smilies/raisebrow.gif FYI - This model was rated as the Best Buy in the Feb. 08 Consumer Reports!!

OK, so where's our lovely Ms. Ange today?

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Almost 5:00 .. why are Monday's so slllllloooooooowwwwwwww .. I am looking forward to a kick@$$ circuit class .. VBF has already called pleading for me not to kill them tonight .. LOL }( .. yeah right!!}(

Wendy .. we aren't big time gamblers .. although seems here lately we have been going a good bit .. call it boredom!! LOL .. and DH still trying to re-coop his losses to no avail ..we take only a certain modest amount .. vow to win or loose it .. and if we loose .. that is is .. time to go .. but since my winning streak guess we have been going more and more (I do love to here those bells and whistles go off when I hit .. LOL) !! but once boating/fishing season comes in .. no more gambling .. unless we make it to Las Vegas for a vacation .. it is all about fising from the end of February to the end of August!!

Cathy .. Carrabas was good .. warning ..the bread they give you while you wait for the food.. comes w/the dipping oil/herbs ... delish!! Hot and homemade!!! yyyyuuummmmy!!! and yes I induldged in it and that was one reason I did not eat much pasta .. My DB likes it the best of all Italian eateries. But I hear ya on Outback!! OMG .. that is my #1 choice of places to eat .. the blooming onion is the best .. fattening but sooooo good. And the filet .. I be LOVING that cut of steak!! mmmm mmm mmmm .. we usually eat out there.. but were cooking steaks the next night so opted for Italian .. being we never had been to Carrabas thought ..what the heck .. might as well!!

OK .. it is about that time ... Angie .. where are you girl .. ???

have a great one!!:7

Cathy: I wrote the 26th's ski trip on my calender! I'll let you know if I can swing it or not!:)
When I ordered the X+ I did it via what I thought was Jess' website. I ordered through a coach's page but it ended up being the coach I never even realized I already had! DUH! Anyway, on that page the options for shipping were different then if I ordered through the main site. I was given a choice of how fast to get it shipped but I paid for expedited shipping (UPS 2 day air) and got it today and you will get your wednesday then I'd say I got ripped off! x( One problem may be that I ordered it on a friday and it takes longer for the order to actually get out of the building then if I had ordered earlier in the week. Do you remember when you ordered yours?? I also ordered amidst the holidays!

So I did Amy's Slo Mo Back and Shoulders split and the core work. I liked the back/shoulder work but the core work was not my fave. In fact I will probably never use it again. Oh well. As long as I like the weight work outs I'll be very happy. Goodness knows I have a plethora of core/abs routines to keep me busy!:7

I did one of the stretch segments from Bento's Abs & Stretch tape, then added some extra stretching for the quads, which are a little tight today. CAMEL pose is what I meant to say earlier, but I did cobra as well for the abs.

Wendy :: I ordered on 1/3. When did you order yours?

>Wendy :: I ordered on 1/3. When did you order yours?

Friday 12/28. x(

But I guess..well, I HOPE, that had I not paid for faster shipping that I wouldn't have the vids yet...

Hey girls

Ahhhhh....tomorrow is a stay at home and get caught up with my crap day.:eek: I'm not going to work tomorrow since I have gotten enough $$ to pay the bills...at least for this month. What a huge load off my back. So, unless I change my mind in the morning, I won't have to go in tomorrow.
I did GS legs when I got home and my legs are shakin'. The GS series really gets me!}(

Cathy - I got the email that BB said they shipped my order today too. I tried to track it but came up empty with my attempt. Maybe they'll have tracking info. up tomorrow.
Your psychic dinner sounds very inventive. I've never heard of such a thing. I would have to go just to check it out. I've never been to a psychic or palm reader or anything like that.
Hope your sinus trouble clears up quickly for you. Hot coffee/tea always does wonders for me when I have sinus problems.
Did you find any inspirational words of wisdome from Ziggy??:D ;)

Laura - Hope that circuit class goes well for you tonight and your legs find a second wind. Funny that SIL is afraid of your w/o. }(
Taking a run with the doggies sounds wonderful. I like to walk in the woods with our beagle and she loves it too, except for the tics that seem to have gotten worse these past few years. That's the only downside to being in the woods up here. Do you have those pests to deal with down there as well?

Wendy - Did Amy give you DOMS? I'm not sure what to expect from her on Weds., but if she's doesn't dish out DOMS I won't be too disappointed since Cathe has been doing a pretty good job of it lately.
Sorry you had such a yucky day at work. I can relate to the whole crabby mood thing.
Yah on the X+!!! Have you taken a peeksies yet????

Diana - Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the EXT....I soooo hope it happens for you.:)
So is the new truck in the shop??? What happened?

OMG....just got a message on TV about a tornado warning. It's way south of us...150 miles south....at our river lots actually.;( Hope it doesn't get too hairy out that way. It just doesn't seem right to be dealing with tornados and thunderstorms in January!! We had thunder and lightning earlier today in northern Michigan. DH is supposed to go on a snowmobiling trip this weekend. It's not looking good for that.

Later girls

Angie

Hey Ang!

Glad the $$$ came in for you! :) Hope that tornado behaves itself! I don't have DOMS from Slo Mo yet but girl, I just did it today! LOL I peeked at X+ total body and a little of the interval work outs. I hate previewing but am always so excited when I get a new vid that I *think* I want to preview it but end up not lasting very long...I have no patience for it! LOL I really need to just do it to see what I think of it. }( I downloaded the worksheets for both the X and the X+ from the website! YIPPEE! I was using my own made up work sheets which are awful! LOL I'm so excited to have the "real" ones now! I know...small things amuse small minds!:p I have no idea what I am going to do when I start the X up again next week now that I have these new vids. I think I'll take both classic rotations and alternate them some how. We'll see...I have a week to figure it out. :)

Shoot Wendy....ya should've said something about not having the X workout sheets. I would've sent them to ya! You didn't get them with your X package?....or did you get it from ebay??
I'm sure you'll find a way to add this new torture into your already torturous routine.}( ;-) You're good at that.;-)

Angie

Hey Angie!

I bought the X off a fellow Catheite whom bought it, used it and didn't care for it thus no work sheets. No biggie but I'm terrible at making stuff like that! I also didn't have a spreadsheet program on my computer for the longest time which made it even worse! When I finally got a spreadsheet program back on my PC I downloaded all of Lanie Fig's work sheets for the Cathe, Amy, Tracey and BBC work outs and now I have the X stuff too! YAY me!:)
After checking out the rotations that come with the X+ I think I will do the Lean one. It's alot better then the regular X lean rotation! I think I'll like it. Only problem is...that means starting back at day 1 again!:eek: }( :7

Okay, off to bed with me finally!

Good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.