Cabs n' abs---Hot Stuff Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin', girls-- :)

Di :: I did indeed enjoy the night. Watched another episode of Dex and crashed early...Planning, prepping, and cleaning up for those big events takes a lot outta ya. And you, my friend, are definitely no slouch!...My last day is June 19. Committee work begins the following week.

Angie :: Yeah, I think it was a squirrel I stepped on. That was freaky...That truly is outstanding customer service. Don't see that much anymore. Had to smile about the potty whisperer. So, you're boycotting work today?

Tonight will be TT, but I plan to do intervals on the EXT. I'd rather head out for a run, but it appears I've given myself some shin splints. Go fig. Guess it may be time to replace the kicks.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone! :)

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning.

Cathy: So did you have that celebratory CAB last night? :9 }( Yeah, I don't think I'll be purchasing any more of Tracey's cardio stuff. I do like her weight work outs though. SZ is all packed up and ready to go bye bye!:7 My mom visits her parent's gravesite a few times a year for various occassions/holidays. I went with her a couple of times and it was like water works central. :p I think that's why I usually avoid it. I am a big cry baby. ;(

Di: No worries about the missed work outs. You had an incredibly busy weekend. You'll be fine! We are tryin' bribery right now with DS. LOL We'll see how it goes.

Ang: Listen, stop rubbin' in your nice weather girly! What goes around comes around missy and one day YOU will be sweatin' your tush off while WE are sittin' pretty!:p :7 I was tellin' DH about the potty whisperer chic. I thought he was going to book a flight for me and DS right then to go see her! LOL She apparently has a book out too. I may pick it up. It can't hurt.

Time to get ready for work!
BBL!

Morning Ladies!!!

Well survived the heat yesterday .. today is supposed to be a bit better on us .. low to mid 90's .. it rained above me .. and below me .. we did not get a dang DROP.x( .. I left class and the wind was howling and the clouds were all over .. but when I got home the sun was out and not a drop had fell .. it went all around me .. just none for us!! Dang it!!!x(

Class was circuit w/the shaping circuits triple sets .. YOWZA .. I was sweating and huffing and puffing .. and muscles were on FIRE!!! SMall class again .. guess the heat and summer vacations is what is causing the low turnout ..???

Cathy ... I like the show Dexter too .. I don't get to catch it often .. but when I do I like it .. he is hot in a insanely twisted way! LOL

Wendy ... too funny me and Angie both mentioned the potty whisperer!! did ya get the email I sent to you?? DH might have the right idea .. book a flight and get it over with!! LOL .. but that article did say she had a book .. heck .. cant hurt right???

Angie ... that is funny that our beagles acted the same .. yeah the drooping ears and sad doe eyes will break your heart .. and mine did the same thing .. if I came up and they were lurking around low to the ground w/the ears hanging .. OH YEA .. that meant they had done something they should not have!! LOL too funny!

Di .. as much as you work out heck .. missing a couple of w/o is nothing!! No worries!! and excuse me ..I think planning a party and cleaning and setting up and cleaning up .. etc accounts for a pretty big calorie burn!!! LOL :)

OK .. work group are getting morning smoothies from Sonic .. big calories .. no fat though ... will be a lean quisine at lunch .. LOL!! then tonight I will be inflicting some 4 step plyo/plank/push up torture!!! And doing a rain dance afterwards!!

have a great one .. will BBL to see what everyone is up to!!!:7

Morning my fellow cabbers;-)

I slept in until almost 10 this morning and the boys were home too.:eek: They usually are not quiet enough for me to sleep in that late. I slept like crap the last couple of nights and so last night I just crashed. I really needed it. I wanted to make sure I was rested up before we left, since tomorrow I will have to get up early for work and then Thus. I will want to get up a bit earlier to do last minute packing and get that last workout in before the 4 day party starts.:7

Cathy - I usually don't work on Tuesdays anyways, although lately I have been. The boys were at the office "helping" a bit yesterday. Cody mowed the lawn and Cam stamped some invoice slips for me. I told them that I would pay them and match their pay and put it into their Roth IRA. Now, I've gotta start an IRA for them. But, I'm wondering if I have to add them to the payroll or if I can just pay them in cash. I guess I'll have to call the accountant to find out. Anyone know?
Sorry about the shin splints. Maybe some of those stability ball rolls Cathe does on Supersets for the shins will help them recover?
So are the kids starting to get stoked about school ending or are they too busy studying for finals?
I'll bet you have a nice stress free weekend on tap. I can just see you sitting back on a lawn char with a cold CAB in hand. But, I guess it would have to cool down a bit for that to happen huh?

Wendy - I'm usually the one on the short end of the stick when it comes to the weather. I remember not long ago we were getting socked with snow and Laura was complaining about the pollen. *lol* Actually the pollen was so bad this past weekend it looked like it was snowing.:eek: There was white fuzzies lining the driveway.:( But, I'm not complainin'......
Oh, I didn't know the potty whisperer had a book out. Yup, couldn't hurt. Maybe there's more info. on her on todayshow.com as well.

Laura - Do you have a garden? I'll bet the midwest would love to send you some of their rain. They are having mass floods everywhere.x(
I'd bet the heat is thinning your class. You'll be packed again come fall I'm sure.
Uh oh - Laura's gonna be dancin? I hope there's no pole involved.:7 :p Sorry Laur.....couldn't help myself. *lol*

Diana - What's up?

I'd better get some motivation and clean out the frig and finish packing and laundry. The rest of the week is gonna whiz by.

Ang ... I have sworn off dancing on poles.. those days are over!! LOL .. especially when there are CABS involved!! LOL ... I think we should all be doing a rain dance for me!! :D I feel sorry for the mid states they have been pounded lately!! I dont want that much rain but a nice calm 2 or 3 days soaking rain would be perfect!!!! My driveway is DUST .. and my front lawn is dead .. we have to water the back to keep it alive .. but think we were too late on the front .. :-(

we have a well and hoping we dont have to lower it .. it got close to that last year .. we had to lower my mother's! We live out in the boonies .. can ya tell?? LOL

OK .. better get back to work .. I am procrastanating today.. just dont want to do a dang thing!!
:7

Wendy :: Actually, no, I never did. Wasn't in the mood, after all.

Laura :: yeah, today was supposed to be a bit better for us, too. I suppose it was, but it is still insanely hot...I am sure the heat has something to do with lower numbers...Oh yeah, Dexter's a major hottie!!

Angie :: Glad you were able to get those much-needed zzzz's last night...That's a nice idea to match the boys' earnings in an IRA. I would think it would be best to pay it out in cash...Ice & rest are the treatment I've used in the past. I haven't had these in years, though. I think those stab. ball exercises would burn like hell right about now...I have a beef & beer on Friday and then my mom's b'day/Father's Day dinner Sat. night. Will definitely be doin' some chillin'...So another 4-day escape's coming up? Is there a race?

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hi Ladies,

Another hectic day... I didn't realize APX was 2 hours. I did 1hr of it this morning which consisted of multi joint and legs.

BC class really fried my legs lastnight. We did harness runs to the 50yd line, firewalkers from mid-field to the soccer field sideline, harness runs back to the 0, more firewalkers etc- and that was just part of the w/o. Do you know how wide a soccer field is??? Very, very wide, is all I can say. We also did hill sprints!

I planned on doing 40 min on the ext at lunch but my glutes could only take 20. My legs were killing me so I switched to the bike and only made it 10 mins. I ended up laying on the floor doing ab work. I hope I can walk tomorrow...

Cathy-sorry to hear about the shin splints. I looked into a group denver marathon training but it is about an hour away and costs $250. I think I'm going to go with Hal Higdon's novice plan. Only because I'm a slow runner and want to make sure I get my mileage in.

Wendy-Sorry about the terrible heat. At least I don't have to contend with humidity too. How was work today? I have a couple of Tracey's workouts I haven't even tried yet. I don't think SZ is one of them though. I know one is a step workout and the other is kickboxing. One of the dvd's also had a weight training segment I was interested in. Not interested enough to forgo a Cathe or Tony workout so far.

Angie-Glad you could sleep in, you must've needed it. It sounds like you are almost ready for your long weekend. I need to pull plyo x and do that one. It was pretty fun, and Tony is nice to look at too.

Laura-Sorry for the terrible heatwave you've had. Our weather is all over the place. It was in the 70's yesterday and mid 90's today. I'll be doing a rain dance for you too!!

Diana

Hi chickies

Since it was nice and cool here today, I finished up the laundry and cooked chili, mac salad, and rice krispy treats to take on the trip. I'm not sure how many of the RK treats are actually gonna make the trip though.:eek: :9
I finally got downstairs to do B&B and ARX. I'm getting so sick or ARX, but I only have 2 more weeks after this week and the X will be history for a while. Tomorrow is supposed to be YogaX, but I think I'll sub a Sean workout instead. I think I'll be too hyper to tolerate yoga. I still have some packing to do and I'll be wondering what the heck I forgot to pack, so I doubt highly that I will be able to "clear the mind".:7

Laura - Whew! We should not be hearing about any dancing injuries tomorrow. *lol* I wish you could take some of our rain. There's a 30% chance of rain for the race this weekend.x( We'll have fun no matter what, but we got rained out of the August race last year so I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.

Diana - Yowza! Hope the legs are gonna be able to opeate tomorrow. Do you have a rest weekend coming up? You have been so busy lately that I hope you get some "you" time soon.

I'll chat with ya'll tomorrow evening........

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.