CABs n' abs ~ happy freakin' Friday!!!!!! :-)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin', girls! Happy Friday!!!! OH YEAH!

Quick post. I've gotta dry my hair and leave on time as I'm pullin' a Kosmo Kramer this morning -- tank is on E. So my excitement of the day is to see if I make it to the gas station. *lol* Workout-wise? We'll see. Maybe, maybe not. I'm likin' this flex week A LOT and amazingly feel ZERO guilt about the low level of activity. Anyhow, I might go out for a co-worker's b'day after school.

Wendy :: thanks for the info on Long & Lean...it sounds like something I would like...it's only 30 min. long in total? Maybe the chaptering isn't such a big deal. I will look at it this weekend.

Diana :: glad your back fared OK during LM...Yeah, I caved into X+. After seeing the descriptions on the BB site, I thought it looked too good to pass up...*lol* about DH's beer that actually tastes like beer. You're too funny! Hey, you're not so into the CABs?...maybe we should change our name again!

Hi Ang and Laura!

Enjoy your Friday, everyone!!
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Morning Cabbers!:)

Cathy: Yes, the Long and Lean is just over 30 minutes. That's it. LOL at the gas tank challenge. I am guilty of taking that challenge quite often myself. :eek:

So I was supposed to get up and work out before DS gets up but I didn't sleep well at all last night! x( That being said, I didn't get up early enough and am still quite tired. I won't want to run and then come home and do another work out at nap time. I'll probably lay down myself instead. :p I can do the work out I had planned for this morning tmrw. No biggie. :)

Hope everyone has a great day!
TGIF!:)

Morning Ladies .... oh how the DOMS are singing to this chick!!

TGIF .. and DOMS . . and payday!! Life is good!!

The core/plank torture lived up to it's name .. VBF has already called complaining saying I owed her a trip to the massage therapist! LOL Yes ... the ENTIRE core is hurting .. the hamstrings are crying out .. and the butt and shoulders are chiming in as well!:eek: oooohhh .. but it feels soooo good to have the DOMS!!!!

Ok girls .. all of you are nothing but enablers! YES I am ordering the X+ today!!! shame on you for twisting my arms!!!;-)

Angie .. great find on the campsite .. I know you are excited .. won't be long!!! I don't have any neighbors except DB and aunt .. and they both were at work .. so I had to make the mad dash home .. yes I broke ALL speed records for that trip yesterday ..

Cathy - we can't change our name . .LOL .. we ARE the CAABBERS!!!! LOL .. hope today goes smoothly! and it is nice sometimes to skip the WO and have the NO GUILT thing .. in fact it is the best when that happens .. I know I FULLY enjoyed my full TWO WEEKS off .. it was wonderful and now I feel re-newed and re-charged .. and even ready to take on the X+!!!!!

Di ... I think I indulge enough in the CABS to take on your part of it too!! LOL .. and yes I will be indulging tonight too .. b/c it is DATE NIGHT .. in fact we are having TWO date nights this weekend .. tonight going out .. maybe to Shorter gambling a bit (DH still trying to recoop his losses) .. then tommorrow a day of shopping and a night out at a nice resteraunt .. either Outback or Olive Garden or something along those fattening lines!! LOL

Wendy - I had DS problem last night .. did not sleep well at all .. got something on my mind and it seemed to stick and me not be able to shake it .. I hate that!! Maybe we will both get some rest tonight!! LOL ..

Ok that is all for now .. have a great TGIF ... and great workouts .. I probably won't get one in today ... gonna be pushed for time tonight. DH is off so he will be ready to go when I get home! tommorrow think I am going to tackle Body Max 2 (have not attempted that in a while) .. have a great one!:7 will BBL to check in w/you girlies!:7

Laura, YAY for another X+ victim!!!!}( }( }( Sorry you had crummy sleep last night too. Stinks, doesn't it? x( So where are you and DH headed off to after you get home from work today? Some place fun I hope. :)

I ran 3.07 miles in 30 mins this morning. I actually did *NOT* do an ITread. I was able to reload some music onto my Ipod now that I have a BIGGER one so I opted for the change of pace today. It was nice. :)

I emailed Beach Body this morning. I want to know when I'm getting my X+ work outs!!!! I really wanted to start Phase 2 with them in the mix! They had better come soon. I paid for faster shipping for pete's sake!:eek:

Alrighty...I'm off to catch a snooze while I can.

BBL girls!:)

I'm baaack!

My snooze was short and sweet (15 minutes) and just what I needed! I just finished the Upper body portion of Tracey's Parts Series and I loved it!}( Tomorrow I intend to try the lower body work out from that dvd which she refers to as "Glute Camp"!:7

Off to hit the showers. Have to head out in about an hour. Visiting mom tonight.

I'll try to catch up with you ladies when I get home later on tonight.

Toodles!:)

H’llo, lovely Cabbers!

Wendy :: sorry ‘bout the poor sleep last night. See that didn’t deter you one bit from a butt-kickin’ workout. Rock on! Glad you’re enjoying your new iPod…I’m curious about the expedited shipping. I didn’t see that as an option when I ordered mine. I was charged $9.99 for shipping, and it said the order would be delivered in 5-7 days. What was your shipping deal, if I may ask?…So the TS Parts w/outs are good? My, my, you’ve been tryin' out a bunch of new workouts lately, eh? :)

Laura :: DOMS everywhere? I see Laura’s baaaaaack! :7 I *am* feeling like I’m recharging through what is shaping up to be a mostly-rest week…Hope you get a better night’s sleep tonight.

Ang :: how was your day? Did some client payments come in?

Di :: how’s your back feeling today?

Well, I did not go out after school. My friend's sitter fell through, so we have to reschedule. It was sort of a last-minute plan in the first place. I came home and took a two-hour nap. I've been OK with this whole listening-to-the-body thing this week, but even I am starting to think it odd how much darn sleep I have been needing lately! Maybe it's just b/c my sleep patterns have been out of whack? I don't know. Guess I'll just roll with it. I do plan to work out tomorrow, though.

Speaking of iPods, I just downloaded some tunes before the trip, and I'm wondering: what playlist is burnin' up your iPod/MP3 these days? I'm a music geek and love hearing about new (or just new-to-me) bands.

Here's mine:
"Love Song" - Sarah Bareilles
"Shut Your Eyes" - Snow Patrol
"Muse" - Starlight
"Piece of Me" - Britney Spears (yes, really *lol*)
"Nothing in My Way" and "Is it Any Wonder?" - Keane
"Smile" - Lily Allen
"Phantom Limb" - The Shins
"Flourescent Adolescent" - Arctic Monkeys
"1234" - Feist
"Like You'll Never See Me Again" - Alicia Keys
"Careful What You Wish For" - Jonatha Brooke
"Take You There" - Sean Kingston

Hi Girls,

Late again checking in darn it. Oh well, it's been busy at work-busier than I like anyway. I hate that overwhelming feeling like "there's no way I can get all this done".

My back is starting to feel better. I have a haircut appt at 10am tomorrow morning so I won't be working out until after that. My eating was off today. I had to be to work early-I can't eat anything for 2 hrs after taking my meds.......Not a great eating day for me and I can certainly feel it.

Cathy-Sorry you are not sleeping well. I'm finally getting myself back on a schedule. I tend to stay up late and sleep late when I don't have to go to work. I'm a huge Snow Patrol fan. I have all genres on my ipod, ac/dc, Prince, Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Sarah Mclachlan, Smashing Pumpkins, Gwen Stefani, Dixie Chicks, Avril Lavigne.

Wendy-I've been looking at Tracey's parts dvd on collage, but I already have so many dvd's I want to order. I'm holding off a bit so we can pay off our xmas debt. A 15 min nap-I would be mad if I woke up after 15 mins. I've read numerous times though that a 15-30 min cat nap is great for the body.

Laura-Sounds like you get a date weekend. Good for you and DH! I hope you like BM2 as much as I do. I prefer the weights on original bodymax, but absolutely love the cardio of BM2!

Angie-Where are you tonight missy?

Diana

Hello cabbers

It was another busy day today but now it's the weekend......it's all good!
I got on the scale this morning and was back down to pre-holiday weight.:) I do feel like this rotation is kickin butt. It's a little to early to tell, but I think the EXT is making a difference with my legs. My calves feel more defined....although it was the thighs I was hoping to see improvement in.:7
I did ARX and IMAX3 when I got home from work. Then I made pan of fresh broccoli soup.....yummy! I will definitely be making that again!

Wendy - I forgot you worked in the daycare at the gym. I always seem to picture you at the front desk or by some TM's. Forgive my brain fart.....seeem to have a lot of those lately.
Oh man, I thought you'd have the + w/o by now too. Did BB give you a reply yet?
Glute camp huh? Sounds like a good one.....can't wait to hear your review.
Did you ever do all of slo-mo? I haven't done it and was just wondering what your thoughts were.

Diana - The scam is this.....for every minute the boys exercise up to one hour, they earn the right to play their games for the same amount of time....as long as their homework is done and their rooms are clean. I hate to let them play those stupid video games during the week, but I guess I need to let them make their own decisions as long as I make sure they make some good ones too. It was pretty neat to see them do a CC workout and sweatin' like crazy on the EXT. It's crazy how those workouts motivate you to work hard.....whether you really want to or not.;-)
Glad the meds are working for you. You must not be having the nasty side effects that Cathy had to deal with?
Ummmm....now you are in the vast minority as far as the + goes. Get that CC out and order up girl!! Consider it a late Christmas present....one you REALLY wanted.:)

Cathy - LOL at the Kosmo comment.....I can just picture it.:7 Dude has lots of energy to spare!
Boy you sure are a long napper.....me too. That's why I rarely nap. I can't just take a 15-30 minute nap and get back up and be bright and bushy tailed. I take 1-3 hour naps....which makes the day disappear pretty fast.:-(
I haven't heard of many of the songs you listed. I'm more of an 80's hairband fan and also like the newer rock like Daughtry, Nickleback, and Matchbox20.

Laura - Yeah on the X!! Only one cabber to go........ *lol*
Sounds like you have some pretty fun and naughty plans for the weekend.:7
Hope you can sleep in tomorrow.....then you and Cathe have some step to master.:D
Hope DH can recoup some of his losses.....he'll just need to take his lucky charm.

I think tomorrow is another GS upper body.....a short one too.:) Gotta love that right?

Check back with you all later and have a great weekend girls and maybe a few CABs????

Angie

Hey girls!

I'm still fartin' around here...Just spent quite a chunk of time uploading vaca pics to photobucket to order albums, a couple of luggage tags, and a keychain. Cute stuff! I think I'm going to make a calendar, too, but want to take some time to sift through my photo albums.

Anywho...

Di :: I know that overwhelmed feeling...glad it's the weekend and you get a break...I have very eclectic taste in music as well and enjoy finding new stuff when I have time.

Angie :: I'm into 80s music, too - a little of the hair bands, but mostly indie, obscure stuff...WTG on getting back down to pre-holiday weight!...I definitely see a difference in my legs thanks to the EXT...a little longer into your rotation, I think you will, too...I'm not quite the energy spaz Kramer is - but I do, at times, run my tank on E. Just for excitement. Not b/c I'm too lazy to tank up. ;) I was on Accutane, which is just an insane drug. I'm glad I did it -- it was worthwhile -- but I am VERY happy to be done!

I know Laura doesn't usually check in once the weekend commences...but whatever happened to Ms. Wendy?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.