Cabs n' abs---> Tuesday, this must be Belgium

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls~ :)

Angie -- BIG (((hugs))) comin' your way. I hope you were able to get a good night's sleep. I'm sorry about the string of bad news, and I'm hoping that the ultrasound reveals a hopeful prognosis for Kirby. When is it scheduled for?

Wendy -- Yeah, most people I know are a little freaked by storms...Well, I have an, I suppose, irrational fear of spiders--no matter how little they are. Yuck! :7 Re: the check-ins, I just don't care to overextend myself. There were so many posts yesterday, I have a feeling it may be too busy to keep up with. During the week, I check in on these two *usually* twice a day -- in the wee early morning and then again in the evening -- but sometimes I don't get back. So adding another check-in to the mix just might be too much. I want to be able to keep up with personals.

All right, ladies, we are expecting rain almost all week, it looks like. Oh joy. So, I may have to take it to the DM some more. Today will be one of the 4DS u/b and abs.

Last night's run was, well, OK. I ran on the 'mill for an hour and then took it to the EXT for 20 minutes. It was probably 7 miles and not 8, but I was goin' out of my gourd at that point. I can't be sure because the "odometer" on my TM isn't quite accurate.

Sending positive vibes out to everyone~

Morning Girls!:)

Ang: (((HUGS))) Sorry to hear about Kirby. I know how heartbreaking that is. I had to put my dog down several years ago after a 2 year stint with congenital heart failure. He was on meds and did well for a while but when it stopped working he went downhill FAST!:-( I will keep my fingers crossed that the ultrasound turns up some good news.

Cathy: You can always post your WSFL stuff in the Cheetah thread. Sunny, myself and Christine are all doing programs that are similar so you will have company even if you bow out of the extra check in. :) No, I didn't preorder Wii Fit. By the time I had decided to Amazon was no longer taking orders. Phbbbt!x( Oh, btw, we were in Target on Sunday and saw Wii's in stock there for the first time since they came out! LOL I may be waiting for Wii Fit for as long as I waited for a Wii!:p

Well today's AB work out is 20 minutes of HIIT and that includes warm up and cool down. Perhaps I can convince myself to do a little yoga at nap time then. We'll see. :)

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

I did make it to the bootcamp class at lunch yesterday. We each used 2 steps and it was pretty fun, but not as tough as it could've been. That's one reason I prefer to w/o w/Cathe. I think the workouts I have at home are much harder than what I get at the rec ctr, (except for Laura's classes) or my outdoor BC class (starting soon!!!). I do have to say that this instructor has very creative ab routines and I always feel them the next day.

I'm heading down for B&B this morning. The temps are mid 80's and windy for the next 2 days. If it's not too windy/hot I'm going to try to run at lunch. If it is too windy, then I'll do the elliptical at the rec ctr.

Cathy-I totally here you on the DM. A few weeks ago I did a cardio coach on the DM and that was the only thing that made it bearable. I think the true running part was 50 minutes and then there was the cool down & stretch. I'm looking at the wii fit, they should have it at Target in a couple of days and I may be sending Zach to get one before school! Part of the reason my feet hurt is due to the metal in them and that I run basically flat footed. I'm not a heel striker at all. I pronate from outside of my heel and off the inside of the toe.

Wendy-What is WSFL? I can't keep up with all the acronyms! HIIT is hard work. Let us know how that goes! Good luck with yoga today. I've been looking up Alwyn to see what kinds of books he has. They look very interesting so now I'm checking at the library to see what they carry of his.

Angie-I'm so sorry to hear the news about Kirby. I think its a good idea to have the ultrasound. It's a tough decision no matter what, but it will help to know what your dealing with so you can make the best possible decision for Kirby. Is the ultrasound appt scheduled?
It will be a nice break to get away for the weekend. My 10k is on Monday. I've ran this race probably 10-15 times over the years. The last time was about 3 or 4 years ago.

Laura-Flights into vegas are always bumby. I guess I've flown enough that unless the turbulance is really bad it doesn't bother me too much. A weeks vacation for $200 basically-that's great. Your pics are great. I'm not a fan of Vegas at all. I've been there twice and never want to go back. I did hit a water park called Wet N Wild that was really fun. I'm just not a gambler and never got used to the constant noice from all the machines. The other time I was there was to run my first HM-and that wasn't fun either.

Wow, I'm wordy this morning. Time to get my rear downstairs for B&B. Have a great day ladies.

BBL

Diana

Diana: WSFL stands for Warp Speed Fat Loss. It's an Alwyn program that Cathy plans to start in June once her BC classes are over. }( I am doing After Burn and then there is After Burn 2. NROL4W is also and Alwyn program. He has other stuff as well. NROL is not expensive but the rest of them are pricey. If they work though then they are worth it! We'll soon find out!}( Glad you were able to take the BC class. The classes at my gym are not as tough as Cathe or the X or even other instructors I use at home. The gym gears thier classes more towards the "average" person, not the advanced exerciser I think. They want to make it doable for most people. My gym offers a weekly BC class though that is INSANE! I took it once when it first started and I was dyin'! Unfortunately it's only held on wednesday mornings and I always work that day. Oh well. It's not like I don't have enough to keep me busy work out wise! LOL

Morning girls

I was able to sleep in but woke several times during the night. ACK! It's draining when you feel like you're constantly fighting back tears.:( I almost wish I didn't know what was going on with the dog. The whole family is all choked up and nothing's even happened yet.x( I can only imagine how folks with family members going thru this must feel. We got the ultrasound scheduled for 11am on Friday. I'm not sure I really want to know, but since I'm already expecting the worst, I guess it won't really affect our holiday weekend much either way. I don't want to find out later that by procrastinating the testing we missed a window to actually "do" something about it. DH is going to take her and I still haven't decided if I'm gonna go or not.
Thanks to all of you for your well wishes!!

Cathy - Are you going to dry out by the holiday weekend? We're supposed to get a rain/snow mix on Wednesday but it's supposed to be dry and in the upper 60's low 70's by Friday.:)
Nope, I haven't ordered Wii Fit. I'm waiting to see what others think of it. I got Yourself Fitness for the PS2 last year and think I used it 3 times total.

Wendy - I just realized reading your post that I havne't done a HIIT in a while. That's all Alwyn suggests for cardio isn't it? What do you do for HIIT?
I can't wait to see how AfterBurn works for you.

Diana - Ahhhhh yes, I remember now, I was going to toast your run from our camp. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/drinking-41.GIF I'm still planning on doing that for you. :)

Hi Laura! I hope you are catching up on all that work left on your desk. Hey, what did you decide on that job offer?

Hey Ang.

Kirby is in my thoughts as are you and your family. I know it's tough. (((hugs))) Try to enjoy your weekend and let some of the bad stuff go for a while.

Yes Alwyn is huge proponant (spelling?) of interval training. In NROL4W he allows for some steady state but still emphasises doing interval work as well. In Afterburn it's ALL HIIT training. I will do steady state here and there for races and such but I am going to try to follow his cardio as closely as possible otherwise. Today I did my HIIT on the TM by adjusting my speed. I will also do it on the EXT and the bike. If I want a change I will do a 20 minute Itread, the IMAX 2 blast premix or Interval X. It's not all HIIT but it IS all interval training of some sort.

Hello again.

I'm done working out for the day. I did my 20 minutes of HIIT on the TM this morning and just finished 25 minutes of Progressive Power Yoga Volume 3 a few minutes ago.

Time for a shower but I'll pop back in again later!:)

Hello Ladies ..

had to work w/PIA today .. she actually asked if I had something for her to work on .. I just about fainted and fell outta my chair! The job change - decided to stay ... when I told my boss .. he was shocked .. said he could not run the office w/o me .. made me a REAL good offer to stay .. and promised to do something about PIA LACK of anything resembling work .. even to re-distribute mine .. he made it impossible for me to turn it down .. HOPE I don't regret it .. time will tell!

Ang .. Oh .. reading your words made my stomach have that pit in it feel too .. OMG .. I hate that for you and the family .. I will be praying that Kirby gets the best news possible! And yes .. I would not have hesitated on getting the ultra sound .. Auburn University here has an EXCELLENT Vet school .. the Dr.'s do cutting edge stuff ... I would not hesitate to try to help one of my babies! sending positive thoughts and prayers Kirby's way!! I know I can make myself sick about thinking about the death of my dogs .. they are like my kids .. seems impossible to love an animal as much as a human being .. but I sure do!!!

Cathy .. hoping your weather clears .. it is HOT here .. 87 and humid ..YUCK (I am already starting w/the heat complaints .. LOL)

Di .. I LOVED Vegas .. we are definatly going again! going to try to get a group of my closest friends and their DH to go this time!! But I love to play . . and I love the noise .. and the sights .. and it is cleaner than I thought .. YEAH BABY .. I am ready to go again .. even if the flight is turbulent .. it is worth it!!! :D

Wendy .. man you did one heck of a w/o today girl .. WTG!!!

Last night was not as bad as I thought it would be .. it was hot though .. packed class and all cardio .. those women were putting off some heat!! One new younger girl came up to me afterwards asking me how I got to look the way I did .. aaawwww .. sweet .. here I was feeling like two ton tessie!! LOL ..

Tonight .. 4 step plyo, pushup, leg and core torture!! :eek: ouch now that is gonna hurt!:7 Have a great one!

Hi girls

I finally got on top of that laundry pile and got the vacuuming and dusting done. I made some much needed progress. I didn't quite get to the packing, but I can do that on Thursday.
IMAX3 is done. It's been a while for that one. I subbed it for plyo. I was ready for a break from Tony, but it will back to B&B tomorrow.

Wendy - HIIT and Yoga too? Great job with that. You must've had energy to burn today. Again, thanks for the kind words and thoughts.;-)

Laura - Thats awesome about your boss! Sounds like perhaps the boss already had a little chat with PIA? Hmmmmmm, your job could get quite interesting very soon.
Yup, anyone with an in house pet can certainly understand this pain. She's as old as Cody so the boys have never been without her. She most definitely IS a part of this family without a doubt. Ahhhhh, I'm getting teary eyed just typing this. Who knows, maybe they will give me some good news on Friday......I certainly won't be expecting it. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.;-)
As far as the weather, believe it or not we're in for a rain/snow mix tomorrow. I'd be more than happy to share! }(
What a great compliment from the newbie.:) Have a great, sweaty, workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.