Cabs n abs---> Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :)

I didn't work out yesterday. x( I was pretty much worthless after class as a result of Friday night's festivities. Surprising b/c I really didn't go crazy. Guess it doesn't take much in the way of CABs when you add in the combo of little sleep and not much to eat (other than some shared appetizers). The band was so loud that my throat was pretty torn up, too, from having to scream. A lengthy afternoon nap didn't help. Anyway, I'm not pleased with myself for botching my plans, but I'm movin' on. :) Today will be CST then and a 5 mile run.

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Di [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] sorry about the toilet leak! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/groansmileyf.gif Hope the situation's under control. Congrats to Zach for winning the tourney...looking forward to seeing the new pics...I am hoping it ends in June! But it could take up to three years. I'm not thinkin' about the possibility too much. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/biggrin.gif I'm glad the marathon training will keep me focused on something else for awhile.

Edited to fix my many errors!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning. :)

DH and I went out to dinner last night with BMF and some others for his Birthday. I had 2 beers and 2 glasses of sangria there and then had 2 more beers at a bar we went to after. Needless to say, I was feelin' pretty good.;) Unfortunately though everyone decided to call it an early night. ACK! I hate when I'm just startin' to have fun and everyone else is gettin' ready to pack it in. That being said, DH and I came home and played GH until after 2am! This morning I am very tired and although I'm not HUNG OVER per say, I'm just not "right" either. It's not gonna stop me though. I plan to go to the gym this afternoon for a run. That and a nap should set me straight. ;)

Cathy: Sounds like you and I both had a rough night this w/e. LOL It's all good though cause we had a good time, right? :)

Diana: Sorry about the toilet. Hope DH was able to fix it!

BBL!

Just a quick pop-in to let Di know some information about Chicago:

If you decide at some point that you *are* ready to commit, you can still nab a spot if you run for one of the charities. I always receive those mailers from TNT and assumed most charities would require about the same amount in fundraising (a lot, IMO).

However, I've learned that there are some out there which require far less.

Children's Memorial Hospital -- you pay $145 for race registration and have to raise $600.

Girls on the Run -- which encourages preteen girls to develop a heathy, fit lifestyle through running -- is charging $136 for race registration and only you have to raise $500.

Very do-able, I thought. Those are the two I checked out. There are many more listed on the offcial Chicago site, if interested:
http://www.chicagomarathon.com/CMS400Min/Chicago_Marathon/giving_back/index.aspx?id=530

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Hiya girls

I'm back! Actually I got back yesterday afternoon but we went mushroom hunting (it's a bit too early) and then we went out to dinner with DH's Aunt and Uncle (for DH's 40th B-day) and then came home and played the Wii with them (with CABs of coarse). They had a BALL! I'm quite certain Aunt Sandi will be buying a Wii.:) She's 65 and had such a kick playing golf indoors. The boys and I got DH the Tiger Woods golf but we couldn't figure that one out quickly enough to play it with visitors so we just played the one on Wii sports. I am really shocked how the older folks absolutely love this game. It was a lot of fun.
The conference was busy. We don't really do anything there except party.:eek: In fact, I never made it to any conferences or "vendor alley". We are so bad!}( We went shopping and drank and ate. That pretty much covers it. I did not get a chance to workout since the girl I normally w/o with did not make it this year.:( It's hard to get away from the rest of the group without too much flack, so I just hung with the crowd and had a great time. So now, I've had 2 days in a row off. Today will be either a CC or kenpo, then I start my first X rest week tomorrow.
Unfortunately I struck out on the workout gear. The bodyglide I found had the heating effect to it and that is not something I want. So, I think I'm gonna get online and buy the regular stuff. I also struck out on the garmin and the running shorts. I think I'm going to buy the garmin online too, but I would really like to see it first. Although, if I can buy it online thru walmart, I can always return it if it's not something I want.

Wendy - If everyone had a "Catheite attitude" about fitness/nutrition, I don't think the USA would have the health insurance concerns it faces now. It's amazing how Americans are killing themselves with unhealthy decisions. I know it's not EASY to go against the grain, but when the life expectancy is shrinking in the US b/c of our decisions, that is just suicide by ignorance or laziness. Makes me a bit sad and frustrated at the same time. If only everyone could experience the "cathe" high you get after a great workout......
So how'd the physicals go? I'm sure you passed with flying colors!
Glad to hear you and BMF are back on speaking terms. Men!}(
That's great to hear about BF with the healthy mentality. That's 90% of the battle if you ask me. If you can change the way you think about it then you've defeated the hard part. I know when people say I HAVE to go workout and just hate it, it just won't stick. Ya gotta like the pain. Once you get to that point it's all good!:)

Cathy - So have you read NROL? It had been sitting on my coffee table for a while now, and I'm only half way thru it. I'm NOT good at finishing books.x( I have no idea what my problem is with that. Maybe when I'm off camping more this summer I'll be able to tackle my book shelf.:)
Allright on the last class!! The end of the tunnel is near. Boy, have you ever had a busy year!
You certainly deserved a fun night out. I tend to have to pay for it the next day too. I have to really watch how much I consume if I want to be up and around the next day. Thankfully I found a drink that won't kick my arse as bad as beer or wine. It CAN still get me in trouble though.:7 x(

Laura - So sorry about the funeral. I hate them b/c even if I wasn't terribly close to the person that passed, it just crushes me to see how everyone else is affected by it.:-( It certainly is a draining experience. I hope you can get some "healing" in this weekend.;-)
How'd the painting go? Were you able to get any fishing in?

Diana - Congrats on that run sign up. I wish I had some around here to choose from. Since, I'm not typically a runner, I don't know what is available. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to the papers and news.
Unfortunately no run for me. The weather is not cooperating, nor was the shopping. We are back to the 40's again this weekend.}( And yes, the weatherman is calling for rain/snow mix tomorrow.
Hopefully Jarod's game had better weather for you. How'd he do?

I'll BBL. I've got some unpacking to do along with a workout and then there's the Talladega race today!!;-) I'm sure you will all be glued to your TV's!:p

Hi ladies,

I just finished C&B and ARX. I am a weakling-C&B is so hard for me. I have to grunt and groan my way through it. I'm taking a little break to make up my bed and do a bit of laundry before heading down for cardio.

I need to bet busy on some yard work too. I don't know if we have gas for the lawn mower and the weed wacker needs charged. It's getting warm enough to consider turning on the sprinkler system. We have some late season freezes though and with our luck we'd end up with a burst pipe!

Jerod's team won yesterday and they are undefeated!! It was so cold, winding and occasionally snowing. We came home and I had 2 cups of hot chocolate.

The high this next week is on Tuesday and it should be 78. Most of the week should be great running weather if I can get out there.

Cathy-Thanks for the info on chicago. I'll check out the site. Hope you enjoyed your 5 mile run today.

Wendy-sounds like you had a great time anyway. Nothing wrong with coming home and playing gh!

Angie-I send you some running links. They list runs all over and you can look for some near you. I would suggest starting out with some 5k's (3.1 miles) and then 10k's (6.2 miles). Organized runs are really fun. I'm not really a competitive person, I just do the best I can do. Here-check out this site:
http://www.runningintheusa.com/RacesByState.asp?State=MI&Month=5

Laura-hope you having a great weekend.

Diana

The day is getting away from me, but I have gotten a lot done! CC #6 with Sean is done and it was a huge calorie burner, which I NEEDED! My HRM said 750 calories but I don't believe it since I've never gotten that big of a burn before. I think the battery may be giving me a faux reading. It's so hard to get back on the wagon after you fall off for a couple of days ya know?x( The dog is bathed, the toilets cleaned, the dog cage cleaned, dishes done, laundry still in the process of being done, backpacks ready for tomorrow, lunches ready for tomorrow, and dog walked. Whew! I'm ready to sit and veg the rest of the night.

Wendy - I see I'm not the only one who spent time with Sean today. WTG on that. I NEED to get the ipod so Sean and I can shake the EXT and go outside and run.;-)

Diana - C&B is killer.}( I grunt and groan thru most of em. That's when you know you've done a great workout.
I hope you get that great weather. I sure do need some too.:7 Thankfully the forecast for snow has changed.
Hey thanks so much for that link! I just read about that one on the 3rd when I got home and read the paper. It's a bit too early for me though, since I have only run once this year and was sore for several days afterwards. Which reminds me, I'd better go and find some bodyglide and get it ordered so I can get out there when the weather changes.
I generally do about 5-6 miles on the EXT and am not sore the next day. Odd that the running affects me so differently.

Cathy - Are you studying today??? Hope you had a productive day.

Tomorrow morning I have to go and pick up my new computer. I sure do hope it works like a charm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the best.

Have a great evening cabbers.:)

Just a quick pop-in. Read ^^^ but will post full personals in the AM. Enjoyed a strong 5-miler earlier today and 4DS CST along w/ BOSU Absolutely Abs this evening. I'm feelin' great!

Quickly want to say: so glad you're back, Ange and that you had a good time. We missed you!...I did a bit of reading for NB this weekend but will be stepping it up in the weeks to come.

Have a great night!

Hello Ladies ..

"Laura's painting service" here .. OMG ... I am a painting queen!! I primed and painted the pool room, bathroom and storage room .. WHEW ... I thought I would never finish .. my back, shoulders and forearms are really stiff today!! Sad to say no workouts were accomplished this weekend ...the painting took longer than I thought .. no workout dang it .. although all my non-stop painting sure did work up one H### of a sweat and feel I must have burned a lot of calories .. b/c Sat. night I was pooped .. went to bed at 9:30 .. :eek: .. yes that is some sort of record!!

yesterday after a full day of painting and cursing the dang paint and rollers .. DH and I went shopping for the ceramic tile, grout/mortar, and ceiling fans ... spent mega bucks .. but it is going to LOOK SO NICE!!!!:D

So today I have major PMS and feel fat as H### b/c of no workouts and CABS consumed .. (BTW no wonder painters drink .. GEEZE) ...

I feel so sorry for my class tonight .. LOL
}(

Angie .. no luck shrooming?? I had a wonderful chicken breast smothered in portebella shrooms in a parmesian sauce last night .. MMM MMM MMM ...

Cathy and Wendy ... I was w/you two indulging .. but mine was Friday night .. had a paint primer party w/DH and lots of CABS .. woo hoo .. LOL!!!

Di .. congrats to Jerod!! and sounds like you are finally going to get some summer like weather .. wonderful .. get out and enjoy it!!

It is sticky and rainy today ... but tommorrow the sun will come out and probably shine all week UNTIL the weekend gets here! Dang it!

My friend w/cancer got a bad report .. seems another tumor has come up and now they want to do surgery to remove it .. I worry she is too weak b/c of all the chemo! Sending up some urgent prayers! Alsoo found out one of my male friends from high school found out he has cancer in his lymph nodes and they are not sure what scource it is coming from .. he is MY AGE .. OMG .. scary as hell!! They are to do a biopsy and more tests .. and I hope they will get better news .. more prayers going up!! Just depressing and sad!!

OK girlies .. wish my class luck .. LOL .. thinking tonight's torture will be a mish mosh of impact cardio and heavy lower and upper body sculpting!!! }( }( I feel the burn just thinking about it!! LOL have a great one .. will BBL to see what everyone is up to!!!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.