CABs n' abs ---> Saturdays are stellar!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls! http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/smilies/bananadance.gif

Can you tell I'm happy it's the weekend???

How we doin' this beautiful NON-WORKING Saturday morn?

I have a tanning session this AM and am feeling up for either a run or an EXT session (weather-dependent). Later I need to knock out some work, and tonight it's DS & BIL's reception over in PA. I am debating on whether to wear the cream pants or black (which would mean head-to-toe black).

What do you girls have on your agendas today?

Whatever you do, hope it's a GREAT one!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Hi Cathy and all who follow.

Cathy: I LOVE black personally so I would probably opt for that so long as the blacks aren't 2 different shades. Enjoy your cardio session today. I'll be curious to see if you decide to take on the cold for a run? ;)

Sorry I never came back last night. I didn't get home until about 9 and once DS was down I did a couple of quick things around the house and went to bed. I was exhausted. The benefits of my nap wore out while I was at my mom's house! LOL I ate her delicious, unclean dinner with pleasure but only had ONE serving and it wasn't a big one so I don't feel guilty at all!:)

It's Glute Camp on the agenda for me today. I considered adding cardio to that but I'm thinking not after all. No other plans so we'll see what the day brings....

BBL!

So you aren't up for a FREEZING cold run, huh? Not even donning your U/A gear!? :p

My mom made Chicken Paprikash although we call it Juicy Chicken and Dumplings. YUMMY! The base ingredient to make the sauce is sour cream and I am a BIG sour cream fan!:9 :9 :9 We also had biscuits with it which made it all the better!}(

Cathy, I have left overs here. Ya want some? :7 I am still thinkin of getting U/A gear for cold weather running but hesitate cause as much as I SAY I would do it, will I REALLY do it often enough to make the purchase worth while? It's not cheap stuff!:eek: I'm still thinkin' about it...

So I just finished cleaning up the kitchen a bit. I had let it go to pot y'day. Just didn't feel like dealin'. LOL I still have to wash the floor but everything else is good. :)

Still not sure what's on the agenda for today. I'm tryin' to think of something to do. I know by the time I come up with something it'll be time for DS' nap and my work out! x(

Hope everyone is enjoying thier saturday morning...I'll be back a bit later to check in y'all!

Morning girls http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/hello-011.gif

Slept in a bit this morning....the phone rang at 9:30 and woke me up.:eek: It was DH....he and Cody are at Walmart and Cody wanted to make sure it was OK that he spend his Christmas money on an ipod. So the little sh!t is getting one before I do.:p LOL I told DH it's his money so he can spend it however he wants to. Now maybe I can try it out and figure out what I really want to get. My BF's step son got a video ipod for Christmas that I want to check out too before I decide....although I'm thinking the video Ipod might be too big to strap to the arm for workouts.http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/sorry.gif
I have nothing on the adjenda today except GS B&T. Otherwise the day is wide open as well as tomorrow. It just makes me giddy with delight.http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-049.gif
Maybe I'll drag out BFFM and get a few more chapters under my belt. It seems like every time I learn something new and get the "ah-ha" moment.....I realize that it was alread mentioned in BFFM.

Cathy - I don't blame you for not exercising in the cold. I never do!:7 I really don't get out enough in the winter. I'm not much of a snowmobiler and I don't have anyone to go skiing with so I'm inside most of the winter. I do like to have a good sledding party now and then, but since this weekend is supposed to be rainy and drizzly it won't be a good weedend for one.
Crackin up at your dancing banana and also the "run my tank on E for excitement comment".:D You are such a wild woman!!:p
IA with Wendy on wearing black - LOVE it....but then again I'm not much of a fashion guru.
The politico talk is grating on the nerves isn't it?? And to think....it has JUST started.x( }(

Wendy - A wide open day for you too?;-) Isn't it just the best feeling to have a day to do whatever you want?
How was GC?
Dinner sounds yummy.
BTW, did you ever do all of slo-mo??

Diana - Hope your haircut turns out well today. I should go in and get one too....it's gettin pretty long.
How's the back feeling after a good nights sleep?
I think we posted at the same time yesterday. Hope you have a relaxing weekend in front of you too.

It feels so nice NOT to have to go into work today.:) I did get some $$$ in the mail and DH brought home some checks from some customers as well so I think our cash crunch is over. It's still a bit hard to tell, but I paid some of our really BIG bills so I'm feelin pretty good about that. I'm getting those pesky bills off my desk one by one and the smaller that pile gets, the better I feel. Hopefully my desk will be empty by the end of next week. Then I get to worry about quarterly paperwork and then dreaded TAX season.x(

OK girls.....off to surf for a while.

Angie

Hey Angie!

Sorry I forgot to answer your question about Slo Mo the FIRST time you asked!:eek: Honey, I haven't done ANY of Slo Mo yet! :7 :eek: :7 I may toss it into my X rotation at some point. If not, I guess I'll give it a go once the X is done. :)

So, you mean your gonna make me do it myself and form my own opinion without anything to go on??? http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-021.gif
Actually, I haven't heard a lot of chatter about it, so I'm thinking it may not be a FABO workout. But, I guess I'll have to find out for myself. I should probably go and plug this w/o into my rotation and see what happens. But, not today, I'm looking forward to GS.:)

Angie

Wendy :: I would love some leftovers! :9 I feel ya on hesitating to invest in expensive gear if you're not gonna use it that much, BUT I think it's a good idea to have one Cold Gear top and bottom. In addition to outdoor exercise, it might even come in handy if you go to an outdoor football game or whatever. I wore my Cold Gear turtleneck to school one day before the heating problem was fixed in my classroom. That stuff does keep you toasty yet wicks away the moisture. Can ya tell I'm a fan?? Or hey, here's another idea: I can swing by and getcha on my way up to Killington next month, and you can come skiing w/ us! You would most certainly get your wear out of it then! How's that?...On way home from tanning, I swung over to the mall (gasp! I know! There goes my rule again!)...but it doesn't really count b/c it's South Jersey's most beatdown mall and NO ONE goes there. I popped into Macy's and bought myself TWO Coach wristlets (as I couldn't decide)!!! See my happy dance?
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/dance014.gif

All right, so that's a little bit more of a seizure than a dance, but that banana made me laugh. AND I am stoked!

Anyway, I thought of you and had to share.

Wanna see 'em?
http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10201&category_id=240

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10562&category_id=240

Yes, my motto is: when undecided, buy 'em both! :)

Angie :: so glad some payments poured in...now, did you have to go and say TAX season? Ugh. *lol*...So, the little bugger got himself an iPod, eh? One of my kids brought in the iPod touch...it holds 8 GB of files and is pretty flat. I do think you could work out with that strapped to your arm. Not sure if it has video or not...I am still wondering what's going on with Cathe's workout blender...Depending on what that entails, I may want to upgrade my Nano, too...Too bad we don't live closer! We'd definitely form a ski crew. It's so much fun and such a great calorie blaster.

Hey Cathy - Nice snag on the shopping spree.:) They are both too cute.
Agh! I have the TV on and if it's not politics then it's Brittney. Stop the madness!!!! Or....I guess I could just turn off the TV.:7
I too am wondering about Cathe's blender. I think it's high time for an update!! I'm gettin antsy with no word in quite some time.
A ski crew sounds awesome! Ah yes, we could get ourselves into some trouble for sure if we all lived in close proximity.
I can't wait til Cody gets home....gotta try out his ipod.:) Do ya think he'd notice if I loaded some Sean workouts in it?? :eek:

Now that I've had lunch I gotta go and workout my arms....later girls.

Angie

Angie: Actually Slo Mo is very well liked amongst the Catheites so I'm thinkin' we shouldn't be disappointed. :)

Cathy: Gorgeous wristlets! I didn't know you were a Coach girl!;) I absolutely LOVE the pattern/colors in the first one! I may have to ask for SOMETHING in that design for my B'day. }( The second one is a classic Coach look. I have a brown signature wristlet. I really like it. I just wish it were a TEENY bit bigger.
Skiing!?!? OMG, DH used to ski all the time many moons ago. I've never been but would be willing to give it a shot. I worry though as my balance is well...not so good! LOL Now that I have a bosu I am hoping it will improve though. :)

So Glute Camp is a goodie! She had me cursin' at her and that is key for a lower body work out for me! LOL If I am cursin' then you KNOW it's workin'! LOL }( }( }(

Well, it's lunch time now so I'll be back a bit later!

Angie :: IA w/ you about the TV...I say you have to find a reason to PUNISH Cody for something and then officially CONFISCATE the iPod. *heh heh heh* Oh, I would make one sadistic mom, wouldn't I? *lol*

Wendy :: I do own one Coach (a small one) that I bought for myself about 10 years ago. (I feel like I every story I tell happened "about 10 years ago." *lol*) Anywho, it's red and somewhat flat - I guess it was a bit of a trendy style. I have it but never carry it anymore. Hey, if you are interested, I am going to Killington (VT) with DSis & BIL the last weekend in February. With 3 to a room, it'll be about $386 pp for 3 nights stay and lift tickets (breakfast included). With 4 to a room, it'd probably be in the $330-350 range.

So where is Lady Di today? Hope she's sleeping in today.

Awwwww, Ang!!! BIG ((((HUGS))) of gratitude comin' your way!!!! :7 :7 :7 You made my day!!

I scrapped the EXT in favor of the 1st 20 min. of BOSU Blast plus the 18 min. core/ab work on that DVD, the latter of which just about slayed me! Man! Good stuff!

Time to get showered and look presentable. It's about an hour's drive to this thing. Get this: I'm drivin' up with the extended clan in a rented 15-passenger van. This should be interesting!! *lol* Lucky for me, I don't have to drive.

Two words, my friends: open bar!!

:7 :7 :7

Cathy: You have me considering this...Hmmm...I just got the low-down from DH on learning how to ski. I'm askeered now!:eek: You just want me to come so you can take pics of me fallin' on my butt and post 'em on the forums!:p :7 ;) What are the dates of this trip???

Allright you two....you're makin' me jealous that you all can get together and do these fun things. Which got me thinkin'.....how cool would it be for us all to go to a Cathe road trip and meet? Would it be wrong if we missed a w/o in favor of an open bar???:7 }( Hmmmmmmm.....wonder what Cathe would think.

Cathy - That banana of yours is still crackin' me up. It's the first thing I see when I open the thread and it just makes me smile.:)
ROTFLMAO at your motherly advice. Yup...you'd make a GREAT mom!! I do like the way you think. Finding something to punnish Cody for shouldn't be too hard.}(
Have fun tonight with some good CABs and great friends.....it's what life's all about! Enjoy:)
You must've gotten the mail......so glad you like it.:)

Wendy - I already put the slo-mo CST (I think) in my rotation for next week. So, I'll find out soon what the fuss is all about.
So which is worse.....I mean....better.....GC or B&G?
You know if you go on this ski trip there'll HAVE to be pics.:eek: I hope it works out so you can go. Again....I feel the jealousy creeping in......

I'm going to go and eat pizza tonight and not feel guilty and maybe a few CABs too. After the drop sets of pushups, which I can only do the first 16 on my toes;( , and the heavy weight work after that.....my arms are still shakin' and even my biceps are sore. I only did one set of heavy barbell slow bicep curls in addition to GS C&B but it must've done the trick. My chest and arms are shakin'!

Di.....where are you????

Hope you all have a fun night....will probably be back later.

Angie

Hi Ladie,

I've been up since 7:30. I got up and drank my coffee while reading the latest oxygen mag. My lower back is still sore but I'm able to move much better now. I got my haircut this morning and then ran some errands.

Zach's cheeks are pretty puffy today after having his wisdom teeth out on Thursday. DH made him mashed potatoes with cream cheese and butter. He said it was delicious and that he's tired of soup!

Amanda called (ds's pregnant girlfriend) me last night and she is really stressed out. They live in a tiny 1 bedroom apt and the lease is up Jan 31st. They applied for a 2 bedroom but were declined because neither one of them are working. I hate to say this, but I am so disappointed with my son. They had to give their 30 day notice and they don't have anywhere to go. The babies could come any day. DH and I have told Amanda that her and the girls are welcome to stay with us, but DS needs to be working before we will allow him back in the house.

Cathy-Love the bags, they are too cute. It would've been a tough decision choosing only one. I didn't realize you skii'd all the time. I thought you just got your one ski trip in a year. I've only been skiing about 5 times in my life. Mostly with friends when I was 18-21 years old. We always had a great time.

Wendy-Dinner sounded delicious. You've never been skiing..it's great fun. So what've you decided to do today? It's nice to have a day where nothing is scheduled-enjoy it. Are you starting back training your friends? I say it's time to dust off that resume and cover letters and start sending them out again. Maybe you can just your own business.

Angie-I think the kids earning their game time is great. I need to implement something like that with Jerod. He starts basketball practice on Monday so he won't be having as much game time anyway. I love my nano!! I have a little case with a clip and I can clip it to my shirt or shorts when I workout. I'm not a fan of the full size ipods, they are simply too big IMO.

I need to get laundry started and work out. I'm going to do MIS (heavy) and a cardio.

Diana

Angie: ENJOY THE PIZZA!!!! Drink a few CABS for me, will ya!? }( :7 :9 Glute Camp is 45 minutes long and split between standing and floor work so it's shorter then B&G. It's probably more comparable to one of the B&G premixes though I'm not sure which one. We all know though that just cause it's shorter, doesn't mean it's not effective! Think the Leg Blast premix!}( Anyway, she doesn't use heavy weight and man was I feelin' it. Endurance for sure and a burner IMO. We'll see if the legs are talkin' to me in the morning!:7

Diana: Sorry about your DS. That stinks. Do you have any idea why he's not working? You are smart to set the rule that he can't come live w/you with out a job. I don't blame you one bit! I hope he gets a job soon! I was supposed to start training again as of this past Thursday but *I* had to cancel. Oh well. We are going to try again for Tuesday of this coming week. We've done NOTHING today! I kept thinking I wanted to go do something but never got off my butt to do it. OH WELL. I thought about going to the mall tonight for a bit but I've been freezing all day for some reason so the thought of setting foot outside at this point does nothing for me. LOL

I'm here...just got home from taking Jerod to see National Treasure. We both really liked it. I did share popcorn with ds and have a diet soda and few dibs.

As you can see, the movie won out over the w/o. I am making progress on the laundry though:)

Okay, okay... I purchased P90X+ today. I will not be left out.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.