Cabs n' abs ---> NYE cheers!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls! http://www.wdisneyw.com/forums/images/smilies05/wavesmile.gif

I'm back! Missed ya's! I thought I'd be able to pop in once or twice, but unfortunately, I not only had no cell phone reception (once again! Thank you, T-Mobile), but my cell phone battery is on the fritz and wouldn't hold a charge. I think it's time to switch providers.

We had a GREAT time on our trip though we did conclude that Winter Park is not among our all-time favorite spots. IMO, the mountain itself had too many flats for my tastes (which force you skate and work really hard) and the town itself had not so much going on. But of course, you can't really go "wrong" with Colorado skiing, and we enjoyed some great runs. I did miss one day of skiing because that cold did get me good, and I had to spend the day in bed as a result of fever and chills that I just couldn't shake. Luckily, I bounced back that night. I will post a couple of photos in a little bit.

Angie :: 2007 was good to me...Healthy family and friends are most important, of course...But on a personal level, I think I've made some good progress this year...I look better than I have in years and am close to being in the best shape of my life...my out-of-control skin has returned to what it once was, and I feel good again -- not like I want to hide...I finished my M.S. and have returned to a peaceful, Zen way of thinking...I'm happy with where I am and look forward to things continuing on the upswing in 2008...thanks for thinking of me yesterday! That put a smile on my face...I see you did have a very productive day...WTG!...Maybe I will pick up the BFL book as well. As you know, my new rotation (starting next Monday) is modeled after the BFL exercise program, anyway.

Di :: too bad on the shopping, but IA no crowds is a plus! Thought of you when were driving from the airport to WP and did a mental wave. It's gorgeous country you've got out there!!...That was good thinking to stockpile diapers...good luck with your continued cleaning kick! Someone will have to give me a kick today to empty the suitcase...I am so terrible with that.

Wendy :: so, I see you've ordered P90X+. Yeehaw! I want to, too. Too many things on my "want" list right now!!! How was AC?

Hey Laur! What's new?

Anyone have plans for tonight? Not me. I'm not a big NYE person. Grates me somewhat that it's like any other night -- except twice as expensive. Some years I go out; some not. This year's another not, which is A-OK by me. Some post-vaca recovery time will be appreciated -- esp. since our flight got in about midnight and I'm sure I'll be noddin' off early.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Good Morning,

Well it's 11am but still morning to me. I couldn't sleep last night, I just kept tossing and turning. At 5am I decided to take a sleeping pill. Needless to say, I didn't get up until 10! No grogginess at all-thank goodness. I think the sleep problem has to do with being off work for so long and not keeping a normal schedule. I didn't go to bed until 11:30 and woke up at 2:30-tossed and turned until 5am.

My day is full-GS legs followed by kickbox, errands to return some jeans and purchase my gym membership, finally superclean the kitchen.

We usually rent tons of movies and stay in on NYE. I'm not a big drinker and don't care to be around them. Its a family night for us.

Anyone making resolutions? I haven't been on a scale for 3 weeks-yikes. Today or tomorrow I will weigh myself and take measurements. I'm also going to make an effort to eat much more cleanly than I have. My goal for this year is to finally take off the nagging 20 extra pounds I'm carrying. I'm also thinking of stopping WW when my monthly pass expires at the end of January. I'm might even have Zach take some pics, like the pre X type just as a guage.

Cathy-Glad you had fun skiing-thanks for the wave! There's not much do in Winter Park (besides ski in winter and mountain bike in summer). I thought you were going to Vail, there's more to do there but is very expensive. Can you recommend anything for acne scarring? I haven't had a breakout since starting on the minocyclene and having the last chemical peel. I do have some pink scars that are taking forever to go away and I simply cannot afford to have the peels done all the time.

Wendy-I hope you are winning big in AC!!!

Angie-What's on your agenda today?

Laura-What kind of kick butt w/o do you have planned?

BBL

Diana

Hey Di! I was hoping we could spend day or overnight in/near Vail but didn't realize how far it was from WP. We are thinking of Utah for next year...The Accutane really took care of the scarring, BUT before that, I was using Vitamin C Plus Time Release Capsules from The Body Shop. It is $25 for a jar that will last about one month -- pricey -- but I found it worked for me. You do need to use it for a couple of weeks to start to see a change, though. I'm glad the breakouts have stopped for you.

Here are a few pics (posted a couple of different ones on the cheetah thread, if you feel like checkin' em out)...

This is our crew (I'm second from right)...I love bluebird skies!!!
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/WinterParkColorado-27.jpg

It looked pretty dark and stormy like this most of the time, but we didn't pick up the expected 5-8 inches of fresh snowfall. Just a few flurries came down here. Was cold and windy as hell, though!
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/WinterParkColorado-06.jpg

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Helloooooo Ladies ..

sorry for the lack of posting .. have been sooooo short handed at work .. just me and the boss on the cash counter and sales floor ...it has been a nightmare .. this place is like a ghostown for employees .. but a boomtown for customers .. YIKES!:eek:

Welcome back Cathy .. LOVE the pictures .. brrrr .. looks cold! sounds like you had a blast ..

Di ... the work asylum is taking it's toll on me .. but no PIA to deal w/so it is bearable!

Wendy .. not sure if I am ready for the X+ yet .. feel like I have been a major slug and will have to start from scratch! LOL ..

Angie ... my X-mas stuff is all packed away too! Spent all night Friday nigth putting it away .. and the dead Christmas tree was a hoot getting outside by myself .. the dogs thought I had lost my mind .. DH was impressed when he finally got home though!

My NYE will be spent at the house .. me and Dick Clark (ummm Ryan Seacrest) have a date!! Then DH should be getting home around 11:30 .. just in time to ring it in w/him .. }( }( }(

I posted some pics of my friend that has cancer on her visit .. check them out!! It was such a gift to spend some time w/her!!

My New years resolutions -
To clean up my eating (ok we know I will never be truely clean .. but to make a better effort)
To get back on schedule w/my extra workouts
To think of even more creative ways of torturing my class
}(
With DH help finish our pool room BEFORE summer gets here!
To make an effort to be and stay more positive and let PIA and her ways roll off my back w/out a care!! LOL (that is a biggie)
and I have lots of little ones ... have some that are mainly little "tweaking" in certain areas here and there .. but those are the main ones!:)

How 'bout you girls??

Ok .. It has taken me over an hour between customers to type this .. better run ... have a great day .. a wonderful Holiday .. everyone stay safe .. and have fun .. {{{ clink }}} here is to a GREAT and FIT 2008!!!:D :D :D

Hello gals

Good to see...um....hear from everyone again.:)
I worked pretty late today trying to balance the books and get everything where it needs to be before 2008. This is my dreaded office time of the year. I'm gonna be busy as heck there for the next couple of months until the tax season is over. It's going to be a mess with all the new tax changes MI has just gone thru.x( As if tax season wasn't bad enough...
No workout for me today and no logging food either. I was good so far today but we have a big party buffet planned tonight at my parents house. They throw a party every year for NYE. It's kinda lame, but we sit around and play cards and eat and drink and be merry. DH is the DD tonight, so I get to indulge in my raspberry vodka. When I got home I was getting a bit of a headache but I had a snack and feel better now so I might just indulge a bit tonight but won't push it.

Diana - Doesn't it feel great to get all that stuff put away? I wish I had more storage too. I really need to gut out my storage closet and get rid of the stuff I don't use anymore....but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
You are on a cleaning kick aren't you? Geez....now you got me thinking about the top o' my frig....and I'm sure that ain't pretty! I might have to join you in cleaning there tomorrow.
I couldn't sleep very well last night either. I think I was stressing about the cash flow issue I'm dealing with at work right now and it's making me tense. I usually don't have to deal with that type of problem, but this year has been a tough one. I think we'll bounce back soon....but in the meantime.....it's stressful.

Cathy - Welcome home girlfriend!!!!;) We missed you! Your pics look awesome. Did your legs get a good workout? Any DOMS from skiing? BTW, I think you look great in the pics too....you look so happy! :)
Are you doing the BFL routine due to Gayles success story? I loved her post in the success forum....very inspiring! She's what got me started thinking about doing that. I crafted my next 6 week routine from her post.

Laura - Your friend looks great. So glad her health is doing so well.:)
I like your resolutions. I'm not usually a resolution girl....but I do want to try and be a more positive person. I have a bad habit of sweating the small stuff and I really gotta stop doing that. Life's short and I am so spoiled.....I really gotta keep things in perspective.
LOL about the tree. You KNOW your dogs already think you're crazy don't you???:p That was just confirmation for them.:7

Wendy - Hope your winning big cha-ching in the big city.:)

I'd better get ready to go. It won't be a wild night for us since the boys are going with us and we're not big drinkers anyways. We'll probably be home before the stroke of midnight.:eek:

Cheers girls and I'll chat with you in 2008

Angie

Laura :: those were great pics...I'm glad your friend is feeling strong. She looks good. It's gotta help having such a thoughtful and caring circle of friends! You really look like a fun and spirited group!

Angie :: Thank you! It's nice to know I was missed! :) After the first day, my calves were tiiiiiiiiiiight-tight-tight, but believe it or not, that was it. I have no DOMS. Maybe if I hadn't been sick and rested a whole day it'd be a different story. I feel good. I even cancelled the hot stone massage I'd scheduled for this afternoon. I definitely feel stronger and fitter than I was last season, so I'm sure that helped some, too...You know, I hadn't paid mind to the BFL threads I saw here and there at first because I'd committed to WW and didn't want to learn about something new, but then a couple of cheetahs mentioned it casually, and I read up on Gayle's success and thought it might be worth looking into. I actually bought the book this afternoon. I don't know if the program by-the-book is for me, but after hearing about HIIT for so long and seeing there's a group of BFL believers here on these boards, I decided this would be a good direction to take. What really appeals to me is the fact that you don't have to train for hours -- you just have to train hard and train smart. The hard part for me will be eating as clean as possible. Like Laura, I'll never be 100% clean -- and I don't want to be -- but I do have to clean up my act some!

As far as resolutions, I don't really make them, either...but my goal is to lose the last of the weight - probably 20 lbs. - and keep thinking and moving in a positive direction in all that I do.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.