CABS and Fabulous Freaking Friday!!!

Poochy

Cathlete
TGIF everyone!!

Guess I will get us started .. today is Friday .. and we also get our Performance Pay check :D :7 :7 :7 .. YOWZA that is nicccce!

The evaluations were quite comical .. PIA got to a part of it where you list 2 of your best qualities and 2 of your "gap" areas .. believe it or not she could not think of one fault she had .. :eek: :eek: .. OMG I wanted to snatch that paper and say .. listen babe .. I will list them .. but I may need an extra piece of paper for yours .. LOL!! GEEZE .. unbelievable!!

Anyway .. did the core/plyo/plank torture class .. the AC was on!! had a new student that just moved here from Florida .. she paid me the best compliment ... she said even though the class was hard .. and she could not do a lot of it ... that I was one of the best instructors she has seen .. she said how good I taught and explained the moves .. she was very impressed .. (but did not like my tribal music) .. but that kinda made me feel good!!

No DOMS to report today ... and this will be a rest day for me .. taking BF out .. she is back off funeral leave .. and I am going to take her out for lunch .. she is doing pretty well .. some office shake ups in her dept .. and she kinda got bumped up a bit .. so glad to see a smile on her face!!! :D

OK .. I will BBL to see what you girls are up to!! TGIF and have a great one!!:7

Happy Friday Ladies,

I am home sick today.x( DH, DS1 and DS2 have all had some kind of sickness since December. In December, DH was off more than 2 weeks and DS missed almost a week of school. Well, it's finally caught up with me. I've been running a fever since last night; hopefully the ibuprofen will kick in soon. DH is also home sick, this is round 2 for him and he has no sympathy for me at all.

I had a terrible week at work and was only there 3 days this week. I need to update my resume asap and start looking at getting my real estate brokers license. While I was gone there was another reorg in the IT dept. Things are getting worse, not better with all the reorgs going on.

I also want to book our hawaii trip today. I think we will be going July 25th-31st. Our anniversary isn't until September but we can't get away when the kids are in school. Oh, and we have to go before Jerod's football season starts which is in Aug.

I finally had a chance to peruse the posts that I missed while I was gone.

Laura-I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend's father. I bet her mother feels terrible. I cannot believe psycho ex is stalking her at her fathers funeral. I agree-JERK! We all know you are a great instructor, but it's always nice to hear it from newbe! I happen to love the tribal music. I love those performance paychecks too. Ours is called incentive pay and we get it once a year in mid Feb.

Wendy-I never saw where you posted how the jewelry party went. I hope you fared well!! Great job on the low BF%. As far as big TV's go, we have a 53" in the family room and we purchased a screen cover since the kids were little when we bought it. It's the old projection style tv that we've had for about 10 to 11 yrs. When it goes out, we will replace it with a wall mount LCD TV. We can't really afford to replace it since it's still working. I have to disagree with Cathy, my boys love the wii and it is a great family game and is for all ages. We don't have an xbox, but we do have the wii, ps2 and ps3. I've looked at the w/o capri's at target too but haven't purchased them...yet.

Cathy-So did you have more fun skiing, or being stuck in the bar????? It sounds like you had a great time and DSis did too! Glad to hear your ski specific training is helping out. Any downhill races in your future;)

Angie-Sorry about the overweight tickets. That can sure put a crimp in your budget. I hope you find the TV you want soon. We have a 32" lcd in our bedroom and we love it. I think a week with DH would be well spent. Afterall, once the kiddo's come along it's not often there is time for alone time with our DH's. Having grandma so close is a blessing for both of you.

I will be posting the girl's pictures later today. So keep an eye out for them.

TGIF

Diana

Hi cabbers

Boy, it's kinda quiet in here today. I was working all day or I would've been in here buggin' ya. I decided to go in and finish up my monthly stuff and put in some blood, sweat, and tears today so that I won't have to put so much in on Monday. Funny how Monday's usually go much better when I've been in on Friday.
So, this weekend I'm hoping to look for a trip. Maybe I'll have to call a travel agency and get some suggestions too. I have no idea where to go, but I did talk to MIL and she said she would watch the kids if we decided to go somewhere. My parents will also be back from Florida on that week too....so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Laura - *lol* If you had to fill out PIA's eval, you'd be there all weekend!:D You should have offered to help her out with that. LOL! Does she know that you don't like her or are you able to cover that up? I'm sooooo not good at hiding my feelings.
So how does your performance check work? I've never had one of those.....not that I don't deserve one of coarse!:p How do they decided how much to give you, if you don't mind me asking.
Yah on the newbie! That's awesome.....
Have a great, well deserved rest day. You go and spread some joy with your friend!!!;-)

Diana - Oh, I'm so sorry your whole family is still struggling with being sick. That sounds so miserable!:-(
Ick...your job really sounds nasty right now. I hope things start looking up in that department too.
Maybe we all NEED a vacation!:7
DH and I are very blessed to have a very supportive family. We have been reminding ourselves a lot lately of all the good things we have instead of trying to concentrate on the bad. It seems like this time of year is it really challenging to do that. But, we are truly blessed!:)

I gotta drag my butt downstairs and do CC#4. I love doing CC's but I just don't feel like it. I would much rather pour myself some cabs instead.:7 I really GOT to go and get that w/o in!

Hi Cathy and Wendy.....hope you both are having a fabo Friday.

BBL girls

Angie

Ok girlies .. almost made this TGIF ...

Angie .. the evaluations are based on several things .. #1 how well the company does as a whole #2 how many goals our dept. met #3 our individual contribution towards the goals #4 our dedication to our work, behavior, ethics etc ..

We have set goals - then we have to list our individual goals and areas that we excell in and areas that we need help in and list how we hope to achieve those goals .. Then we meet w/our supervisor every 1/4 .. and go over our progress or lack thereof ..

OOOOOHHHHHH how I wish I could fill out PIA "lack of" everything .. but shoot . . no such luck .. LOL!! I can only have sweet dreams about that!! LOL }(

Di .. sorry the bug caught up w/you .. I was hoping you beat it!! Dang it .. at least it waited till after your trip .. the 64 degree house you stayed in probably did not help things!! poor baby! Feel better!!

Sooo.. I am off to the beach .. think we are gonna leave tonight .. OH .. get this .. it has been a balmy sticky 75 degree today .. rainy .. dreary .. and now the weather man is saying we have a chance of SNOW tonight .. I am LMAO!!! OMG .. only in Alabama!!! so think we are gonna head on down to the beach .. still supposed to be cold there .. but no snow flurries .. Sweat to death today .. then tonight freeze .. GO FIGURE!! Still cracks me up!!!

WOW .. no Wendy today??? Bet she is out burning up some calories .. LOL .. we know Cathy is super busy .. Hey girls if you get a chance to peak in .. I am outta here ..

you gotta work out some for me .. I am goofing off this weekend .. strickly a play weekend for me and DH!!! }( }( }( :D (I may take Barry BC along and fit in a total body super workout in though)

have a great one!!:7

Hey girls! Ahhhhh, it's Friday!! I'm lovin' some time to just kick back.

Laura :: congrats on the performance check and the positive reviews on your class. Enjoy your time @ the beach.

Di :: sorry you are sick and having a rough time at the office. Actually, I love my Wii - it's my students who say it is not the best system out there. I think their point is that if they could only choose 1 system, the Wii would not be it...Oh indeed the apres ski scene is part of the entire package...it's all fun, but I didn't want to leave the slopes. Wish I were back up there this weekend, in fact. I am just in love with the new skis.

Angie :: good job getting into the office and banging out some work today to make your Monday easier. Smart plannin.' Have fun planning your vaca...you deserve the R&R!

Hi Wendy! Whatcha been up to?

Tomorrow I have a massage scheduled first thing, and I absolutely cannot wait. Then I have to put the blinders on as there's major work to do. Light at the end of the tunnel is there, so I'm keepin' my Ziggy face on and plowin' on!

Have a great night, girls!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

I'm here, I'm here! I'm takin' Angie's place as the last person to make an appearance today!;)

I was up at 6 this morning because I had to be in work by 8. I did alot of perusing but didn't post much for some reason. When I got home from work I did some major house cleaning before my work out so that cut in to my precious forum time! Oh the horror!:eek: :7 ;) :p

Anywho...I finally found a half to run. I signed up for it tonight. It's Sunday May 4th and it's pretty close by...maybe a 30 minute ride. I knew about this half for a long time but was trying to avoid it as it's pretty expensive (I had to pay $65.00 to register!!!) but there was nothing else around here and if I went out of state I would want to get a hotel room so by then it's just not worth it so I just signed up for the local one. It's a biggie with several events including a full mary. Should be exciting. :)

So dinner was quite the "event" at my house this evening....DH came home from work today and had to leave the house between 6:15 and 6:30 to go bowling (he's subbing tonight) so we decided to order pizza. He ordered at 5:30 from a place we use alot that is quick! They told him 30 minutes. The pizza did not show up until 7pm and I never got a phone call as to what the problem was! So guess what!?! I sent the guy away still carrying the pizza!}( I actually would have just taken it but DH was longgone and was eat at the alley and Joey and I had just finished eating cause we were starving and couldn't wait any longer!!!! I called the pizza place after he left and told them what happened. They claim they never would have told DH 30 minutes because it's a friday night w/bad weather (rain). Well someone DID tell him 30 mins! He has no reason to lie! If they'd have told him anything but he would have told them nevermind cause he KNEW he didn't have that much time! About 10-15 mins after I hung up with them my doorbell rang again...I ignored it. The delivery guy was upset w/me when I sent him packing. Perhaps he thought he'd get blamed?? I don't know but I was afraid he was coming back to shoot me! :p I say that as a joke but goodness only knows in today's world! People are crazy/scarey!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Aaaahhhh...I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent!:)

I'll post this "book" and then come back and do personals....

Laura: Have fun at the beach!!!! We know you will!}( }( }(

Diana: Oh my gosh I'm so sorry you are sick. I hope you can shake this thing a heck of a lot quicker then your family did! (((here are some get well vibes for ya!))) The jewelery party was small but I still managed to get $111.00 in free stuff so it was worth it.}( Good luck with getting your real estate license! You gotta get out of your current job. It's really dragging you down and you deserve better!

Ang: Sounds like you and I both worked harder then usual today! ;)
So what's on tap for your weekend? Anything fun? Hope you can find a good deal on a getaway for you and DH!

Cathy: Will I be talkin' to you on here in the morning before your massage perhaps? :)

Hi again girls

Just sittin here tossing back a couple of cabs.:) CC#4 is history. My legs were like jello after that. So, I treated myself to take out pizza. We went and picked it up though so no horror stories like Wendy. Sorry bout that Wendy.....I think I got your za. It was yummy.:9 :p But, I surly didn't need those calories! See how karma works???

Laura - Interesting about the evals. I was just wondering to see if maybe I can get some ideas about doing something differently with ours. I like the idea of the employee setting goals and coming up with solutions to their own problems. I'm just not sure how to get that to work with a handful of truck drivers though. I'm thinking they wouldn't be too receptive to it but I'll have to think about that some more. Thanks for the info.
Snow tonight - only in Alabama?!?:7 I don't think so!! LOL! JK - I know what you meant....huge temp. swings. Mother nature on PMS eh?
Hope all 3 of you (Barry included) have fun this weekend.

Wendy - I wish I had cleanmax done! I have some cleanmax to do tomorrow.:-(
Yah on the run! Now you have something else to look forward to.:)
I don't really have a whole lot of plans for the weekend besides cleanmax and trying to find out if I can get something planned for vacation. Now I'm thinking we just might drive somewhere. DH seems receptive to that idea which kinda surprises me since he's a truck driver and usually the last thing he wants to do it hit the road. But, I still have to see what else I can come up with.

Cathy - Good for you on that massage! I'll bet that will feel great:)
Could you educate me a bit on the Wii? The unit itself is $300 and then if you get guitar hero the guitar is $90 and the handles are how much? What about the games? I'm thinking this would be a fun game for me to get for the whole family for Easter. I'm just wondering what all I will need and what I need for $$.

Geez - I've had 2 drinks and I'm ready to zonk out. Maybe it was those 3 slices of pizza.....darned karma anyways......

Toodles girls

Angie

Hey Ang!

I guess we are the only Cabbers still awake!LOL Actually, I am probably incorrect on that count as I'll bet my patootie that Laura is still awake but having alot more fun then we are!!!:7 }( :7

So after reading your post you got me in the mood for a cab even though I had just made a cup o'decaf java for myself. So now I'm drinking a Bacardi Silver. YUMMY! I also have a few Smirnoff Twists in the fridge. They are both left over from the jewelry party. Very yummy stuff! :9

Thanks for eating the pizza for me! I saved myself some cals but it wasn't worth the aggravation!x( I would have rather just had the pizza ON TIME and had my cheat meal as planned!:-( Oh well. Atleast you got to enjoy it!:9

Hittin' the hay soon...have an early morning grocery store run planned for tmrw...Oh yay-how much fun does THAT sound like!? :p

Night Girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.