Cabs & Abs: woohoo, it's Friday!!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls!
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/tgifsmiley.gif

I am up ultra early to get my workout out of the way as I will be stopping for HH after school. It’ll be 4DS BT and 30 min. of cardio – either KB or the ETX.

Angie :: That DOMS-ish feeling is actually mostly gone this morning…I just have a little bit of soreness in one of my quads...so it was a false alarm, I guess?…I thought it would really kick in...figured it was from two days of leg work back-to-back. By the time I got to the wall squats yesterday, they were quivering. Maybe I’m getting stronger…No, I’m not overly impressed with Bosu Blast at this point. Not saying it isn’t a good workout, but it *might* not be a good w/out for ME. We'll see. I’ll give it at least another go before I finalize my opinion on it.

Wendy :: enjoy your day with mom and Joey.

Di :: thanks for the Minturn info!!! Even if it is booked out this year, it is good to know for future reference. Will check it out…Helluva circuit last night – I can see why you’d sign up for the Spring Challenge class. Those moves on the Bosu do sound tough. I've seen those discs at Target...Also appreciate the SS premix tip. Love anything that’s time-efficient. I will work that in somewhere this month. I'm doing legs 2x a week and want to mix it up some rather than just rely on the 4DS Legs.

Laura :: while on the Loft site, I noticed they have some gorgeous sweaters - some on the dressier side - so I might look into a skirt option, too. It is definitely too cold here in January for a sleeveless anything. Anyway, let us know what you and BF find!

All right, let me go get caught up with the cheetahs. BBIAB.

Morning Cabbers!:)

Cathy: Good job knockin' out a tough work out early! Love that feeling! :)

Today will likely be a rest day for me. I didn't get up early enough to work out this morning so that means it will probably have to wait until some time tonight. It's doubtful it will happen. :p

No biggie. It'll be my rest day for the week. Tomorrow I will do the f/b weight work I intended for today and perhaps a little cardio too. Sunday I'll do yoga.

Monday I start the X!!!!:eek: }( :eek: :+ :7

Have a great day girls!

Happy Friday girls!!:)

I'm gonna try to get most of my housework knocked out today since we are hunckered down for a big snow storm scheduled to hit Saturday and into Sunday.:) As long as the power doesn't go out....bring it on! We also got another couple of inches of snow overnight so we already have about 5-6 inches on the ground. At least the kids will have something do to over the weekend. It's snowman and fort building time! Maybe a snowball fight or two??

I forget what I have on tap for today. Yesterday I was feelin' like the church lady with Step Works....doing those shuffles on the floor make me feel like Dana Carvey. *lol* I might sub in B&G for whatever I'm supposed to do for leg work. I haven't done B&G in quite some time and since I'm currently DOM free.....it's time to bring em back.}(

Cathy - With all the snow we've been getting, I'm sure you could get a really good deal on the slopes here. They're not nearly as big as those in Colorado but they are fun regardless. I don't usually go much since DH doesn't ski and it is a bit pricey. I would love to go if my friends were into it. Actually I have a classmate that is planning on coming up to go and hopefully we'll be making plans for that soon.
Your cute smilie put a smile on my face this morning.:)
It is a downer when you get a new vid that doesn't meet your expectations. I guess that's why I love Cathe so much. There's very few of her vids that have ever let me down. I'm very picky with my w/o so I'm sure glad I found Cathe and Tony!
Good for you on knocking out that w/o already today. Now you can go thru your day guilt free.
Enjoy your CABs tonight!

Diana - That bosu-like thingie looks neat. I hear you all talk about how this thing really gets the abs. Another temptation......}(
Are you getting the results you wanted from the torture class? It sounds absolutely incredible!

Wendy - So when the + comes out, are you just going to incorporate it into the rotation? Hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on it around Christmas time. I'm sure they are going to try to get it out there before Christmas so that they can be given as gifts. Merry Christmas to us!!:7
Have a great afternoon with mom and enjoy your rest day.

OK - I'd better go get something done. I'll be back...

Angie

I have to tell you.....I just got off the scale and I'm so confused, happy, and sceptical.:7 :eek: The scale says I'm down about 7 pounds. I got on the stupid thing 6 times and 3 of them display the exact same number and the other 3 are very close to it. What the heck??? It's TTOM and I haven't changed my diet and I have gotten my water in.
I'm not complaining, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. I thought last night that my jeans felt looser but 7 pounds??? I don't deviate with my weight. At most, I vary 2 pounds per week regardless of the time of the month. I have been within 5 pounds for the last 4 months or so, which makes me think it's not water weight fluctuations. I cant' wait to see what next week brings. Maybe it was the high calories of last weekend that actually got these pounds down...like the staggering approach?

I'm rambling....but I'm at a loss. I wish I knew how this happened, so I could keep it going.:) But I guess next week will tell the tale.

Angie

Morning ladies

THANK GOODNESS it is Friday!!

I am having a hectic Friday ... I wrote our local papers mngr a letter addressed TO HIM and he PUBLISHED IT!! OH YEAH .. I am P!$$eD!!!! How can he do that .. it was in response to an outrageously slanderous "editorial" he himself wrote about my brother and the huge drug bust .. no facts .. nothing but insults .. and yes I wrote HIM to state my out right dissatisfaction and dissapointment and yes .. that I was outraged and offended .. HE PRINTED THE DANG THING???? OMG ... I am furious and yes I meant every word .. but I meant it as a PERSONAL letter NOT and editorial!! OMG .. brother thinks it is hillarious .. friends say way to go .. but I am once again outraged at this JERK!!! and yes some will take offense to what I wrote .. and yest it was harsh .. and yes I wish it was not printed .. but what is done can not be undone .. he is a jerk that takes his personal agenda to print at his WHIM w/o forethought ... and has once again done this w/my letter .. OMG .. going to be a massive CAB night at 5:01 ...

on a lighter note .. Cathy .. thanks for the site .. LOVE the red v-neck dress .. that is what I am looking for .. and yes it is cold here .. so will have to wear a COAT! mAYBE I can find something like that .. thanks!

OK .. class was great .. DOMS are in my biceps, tris, forearms, and abs!! :eek:

it is busy .. gotta run .. maybe I can check back later for personals .. I will sure getting phone calls about the nasty letter .. GOD I PRAY I survive this .. I am outta here .. placing duct tape firmly over my mouth .. and tieing the fingers together as not to type something to anyone EVER again in print!!x( x( x(

Afternoon Cabbadabbers!:)

I got home early enough to get a work out in today so I went to that website that Diana had posted for me when I got my bosu (www.trainwithmeonline.com) and picked out one of their body weight work outs to do. I made a few slight changes but the basic program remained the same.

Ball squats: 20 reps
Bosu Ball push ups: 20 reps
Side Crunches with Stability Ball: 20 reps per side
repeat above exercises twice through
then....

Stability Ball Knee Ins: 20 reps
Stability Ball Ham Curls: 15-20 reps
Ab Crunch with Stability Ball: 25 reps
repeat above exercises twice through
then....

Stability Ball Roll Out: 15-20 reps
Pendulum w/Ball: 10 per side
Heel raises: 10 reps
repeat above exercises twice through to complete work out.

They categorize it as a full body work out. I'd tend to say it's more of a core program. And a really good one at that! They claim it to be beginner to intermediate...I beg to differ!!!! I upped reps in some of the easier exercises but I do NOT consider Stability ball push ups a beginner or intermediate exercise! As you can see I used the bosu for that. I can't really even do them on the ball yet!!!!

Anywho...It was a good work out that only took about 45 mins once you added the warm up and stretch to it.

Gotta jump in the shower. I'll be back tonight with personals! I promise! I'm sorry for slacking!!!!!

BBL!

Hi girls

I'm gonna go and be bad tonight. We're going to my favorite little steak restaurant for dinner. I see a T-bone steak, homemade soup, sourdough garlic bread, salad, and steak fries in my future.:9 My stomach is ready!!! I did PLB with AR200 today. I decided not to sub it out since PLB is certainly challenging. I'll do B&G next week.

Laura - That is rotton of that dude to print your letter like that! But, what can you do? Hopefully it will reflect poorly on him. I hope the fallout isn't too harsh. What does DH think of it?
It looks like I'll be the DD tonight so do have some CABs for me too.:7

Wendy - That looks like a solid workout. Great idea doing those push ups on the bosu. I don't like to do them on the ball. I think there is too much risk of injury so I always modify those. Plus, I'm not sure I'm tough enough to do them anyways.

DH is home, so I'd better go and get ready for din din.;-)

Have a great night all

Angie

Cathy: Hope you had fun after work doing whatever it is you had planned.

Angie: Sorry about the impending snow. We may get some too, if that make you feel any better. :) I don't intend to incorporate the new X with the old X right now. If I get TOO antsy, I may stop the the old X rotation short to give the new one a try but to really mix them up would be too much I think. I don't know what to tell you about the scale scandal. It will be interesting to see what happens though. I remember not all that long ago I dropped an unusual amount of weight very quickly to hit a new all time low. It didn't last. That doesn't mean yours won't but TBH, when it drops off that quick it's usually not permanent.

Laura: Sorry about the newspaper arcticle. What was the guy trying to acheive by printing it anyway??? Enjoy your cabs! }(

Hey Wendy - I don't mind the snow. It looks like we've got LOTS on the way. It's a little early this year, but that's OK with me.

Well, I found out the problem. DH got on the scale and he was 10# lighter. Obviously, it was a scale issue. We replaced the batteries and now the scales don't lie. I'm in the ballpark now. I'll have to re-weigh in the morning since the a.m. is my weigh in time. Darn it all anyways!! LOL!

Angie

Angie: Sorry 7# didn't miraculously just melt off your body girl! If it had, you'd have had a gaggle of mad and jealous Catheites at your door in the morning!!}( :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.