Cabs and Abs Wonderful Wednesday

Morniing Ladies ...

still playing catch up .. so thought I would post early!! Feeling better today .. but had HORRIBLE nightmares last night ... I woke up a million times .. and at one point was shaking I was so scared .. I dreamed this guy friend of ours committed suicide .. OMG .. I was horrible .. and so detailed .. just freaked me out .. so I am still dragging today a bit.

Class last night was super small ... so I taught a 30 min. all cardio step class ... it is hard to get motivated w/just a few people .. think the temps must have got to some of them .. it is just terribly sticky muggy hot ..upper 90's and no rain in sight but the humidity levels are out of sight!! (there goes my summer temps complaints.. LOL)

Today is a rest day .. no class and have a Wed. mid-week date night planned w/DH .. but think we are just gonna lock our gate ... and maybe take a skinny dip in the pool!!!}( }( he starts nights tonight then long hour nights .. wont have much time for our "date nights" for a while!! so gonna make the best of tonight!!!}( }(

Angie .. sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up .. good .. go and have a blast .. I too do love the summer eats!! And YUP .. nothing like a hot summer day relaxing w/an ice cold CAB ... hhmmm might have to have a couple tonight!!}(

Di .. hope the graduation was a success ... imagine kinda bitter sweet for you though huh??? Still awaiting BC details!

Wendy ... pass some of your dedication to eating right to me .. PLEEEEAAAASE ... boy do I ever need to get myself on track . although the pants are loose .. think the lack of food this weekend did a number on me!!

Cathy .. girl where are you???? hoping you are not swamped down w/work!!!

OK .. gotta run . . the mounds of paperwork are calling my name .. BAAAADD! have a great day .. and I will be back to see what you ladies are up to!!!:7

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a very long day. I ended up doing the Somebody Stop Me mish mosh yesterday morning. It consists of Imax 3 blasts only, Bootcamp cardio only and Kickmax bootcamp drills. Between the blasts there are either Squats, Lunges, or plie squats. I started out with a 50lb barbell but went down to 40lbs on the Bootcamp section. Of course I didn't think I was sore at all from my BC class, but as soon as I started stepping I could feel the soreness in my legs.

I couldn't sleep last night and just don't have the energy for Back and Biceps this morning. If it doesn't rain this afternoon I want to go for a short run and try out my garmin. I haven't even used it yet!

Zach's graduation was very nice but I think a couple of the speakers spoke a bit too long. I am so proud of him. MIL came with us to the ceremony. I added some grad pics and grandbaby girl pics to my picture trail so go check those out!

Jerod had a baseball game at 5pm that we were late to due to Zach's graduation ceremony going longer than expected. When I called to let Jerod know we were running late he said "mom, why didn't you come to my award ceremony this morning?" I didn't know he was getting an award. They always send a letter so parents know their child is receiving an award and come to the ceremony. I felt so bad. I was home in the morning and could've been there. He received a High Honors award which is based on GPA. On the baseball front, they finally won, 11-9.

Wendy-I really need help with my diet. It starts out good in the morning but goes downhill in the afternoons. I'm considering a 12 week nutrition course offered through the rec ctr. It's a little pricey but I am thinking about it. I'm just not working the WW program and have been at a plateau for months. I received notification that my NROL book has arrived and I can go pick it up. Does it contain nutrition guidelines?

Laura-The deep sea fishing excursion sounds like a success. The first day of BC is a little short. We have to fill out paperwork etc. We did of course sprint to 30yd line, 10 pushups, sprint back 10 push ups, again-20 pushups, again 20 pushups. Backpedaling (running backwards) to the end of the soccer field, squating side shuffling to the other side of the field, backpedaling to the end, and shuffling with the other lead leg. Next was running in groups of 5 up a hill-down and 20 pushups-repeat 4 times. We finished up with partner ab work and planks, side planks and stretching. It was tough! This class has about 25 people in it right now. I'm sure many will drop out in a few weeks and the class will be more manageable.

Cathy-What have you been up to girl. I hope your not buried in end of the year paperwork.

Angie-Do you have a date with Tony today? Which workout is on your agenda?

BBL

Diana

Di .. love the new pics!! Handsome boys!!!

I know you hate missing Jerod's ceremony .. man .. they should have given you a heads up!! Talk about a busy day~!

BC class sounds awesome and HARD .. YOWZA!!!:eek: I could not have handled that this week!! LOL .... the side planks had to have been hard after all those pushups!! :eek:

Anyway wondering what our Cathy is up to ... hope the crud didn't REALLY get her down .. my little nephew has it .. they call it a "viral infection" .. poor baby broke out in a rash .. and had big blisters on his throat .. pitiful.

OK .. BBL to check in w/you gals .. have a great one!:D

Hello Peeps.

My weight work out is done. I feel good! :)

Tomorrow is my 19 minute HIIT work out at the gym. Not sure which machine I'll use though. Perhaps I'll do an IMAX premix before DS gets up for HIIT and then go to the gym for a short endurance run afterwards instead...We'll see! }(

Ladies...All I can say for the eating is a food log. It really helps me when I have fallen off the wagon. Even if it's just writing it down on paper. I'm not even talking counting cals or anything. Simply write down what you eat. It makes you VERY aware...Try it! :)

Diana: Yes, NROL4W comes with an outline for calorie intake, etc. It also has some tastey looking recipes in it!:9

BBIAB!

Hi girls

Today was S&A and ARX. It feels like week 1 with all the DOMS.x( I've even got em from ARX. And my appetite is on the rise with the DOMS. I ate a big bowl of raisin bran before the workout just to get thru it. I was draggin' butt today and thought I needed some carbs or it would have been a pathetic workout. I'm also crabby today and thought maybe the carbs would help that.....so far, not so much.}(

Laura - Sorry to hear about those nasty nightmares. I'm so glad I very rarely get disturbing dreams. Any idea why you get them??
It's gonna get hot and humid this weekend here too. They are calling for 90's and sticky this Saturday.:eek: :( I hate that kind of weather. I guess I need to have DH get the air conditioner out and hooked up before Saturday hits.
Have a good naughty night with DH!}( Have a CAB or two for me.

Diana - Your mish most w/o looks evil. Your BC class sounds equally evil. I can only imagine how that would be with hot and humid weather.:eek:
The pics of Zach look great. The girls pics are adorable! Awwwwwww Thanks for sharing.
Sorry you missed Jarods award ceremony.:-( It happens with busy mom's....don't beat yourself up over it. You certainly have a LOT going on right now. Do you think you're ready for the big party?

Wendy - So are your weight workouts getting shorter now that you've been doing them awhile?
You are right about the eating log. It was the thing that kept me on track when I did the X the first time around. It's a bit of a hassle, but it sure does work. That being said, I'm glad not to be doing one for a while.:p *lol*

Cathy - Hope all is well with you. I'll bet you're just busy with all the loose ends that seem to always need to be taken care of this time of year. Plus, I'm sure your NB test on Saturday is keeping you busy as well. Sending study vibes your way.;-)

I'd better go make some din din....as always, I'm ready to eat!:9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.