Cabs & Abs -- Tuesday ain't nothin' but a good time!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies… http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif

Ange, that thread title was for you to put a little Poison in your day. :)

Or maybe a little GNR "November Rain" would have been just as appropriate (at least at my end) since it seems we're gonna have another gray soaker here.

Di :: that’d be great…would love to see that workout and try to duplicate it…congrats on the Lucky jeans!!!…I love how they fit and agree about cutting out the tags…as long as they fit well, that’s what important. I found myself having to go up a size in a pair of pants I bought last week…at first, I panicked thinking ut oh, this is going the WRONG way!!, but then I had to remind myself that every brand is different, and the important thing is to look good in them, not appear like a stuffed sausage just b/c I like the lower number better. *lol* :) ETA: A quick question...are you familiar with the Vail area? And if so, can you recommend an affordable place to stay for one night during the week of 12/26? I checked expedia, hotwire, and tripadvisor but can't find much. Certainly nothing affordable. TIA if you can share any info!

Angie :: Congrats to Cody's team!!...hey, if it’s after midnight, I say start the new thread!…Ooh, that’s a hard hit having to buy a log truck this time of year…Oh yeah, I remember Alf. I loved that show. Even better when I would catch reruns in Germany. Hearing him speak German was hilarious…Oh, I really hope you get some decent weather to get that elliptical…On Mondays, I try to watch DWTS. I fell asleep during it last night, like the little ol' granny I secretly am.
http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/rclady.gif

Hi to Laura, Wendy, Nancy, and Leanne, if you're dropping in! :)

I thought I might get a phone call about the meeting last night, but I didn’t. Maybe it ran late. I’m dying to know the outcome.

Tonight will be 4DS C&B and a cardio TBD. I like how I scheduled myself flexibility w/ the cardio in this rotation. So I'll make up my mind tonight depending on what I feel like doing.

Have a GREAT day!! BBL

Morning Cabbers!:)

I have B&G LB premix on tap for today along with ab work. Can anyone say PAIN!? }(

Cathy: Can't wait to hear the outcome of last night's meeting! Keep us posted. :)

Angie: Sorry about the truck. That stinks but I guess it's par for the course in your business, ey?

BBL!:)

RE: Cabs & Abs -- Tuesday ain't nothin' but a good time...

Morning Ladies ..

Well class got changed around b/c I had SIX new students and TWO waiting b/c there was no room .. YIKES!! So had to dumb down the choreography a bit . . ended up doing an awesome circuit .. cardio - double set of pushups (2 angles) - cardio - double set of plia's heavy then light w/MANY reps - cardio - then hammer curls then long set heavy reg. biceps - cardio - then lunges static then on step - cardio - then tris extentions then laying tris - cardio - down to 15 min. abs. the buttocks are talking to me this morning .. my legs were a bit wobbly when I got home!

Oh .. and one of the new students AFTER class tells me she is 4 1/2 months pregnant (you could not tell) .. OMG .. I about panicked! She did the impact .. the abs everything .. WHY do pregnant people think they can start a HARD fitness class around 4 months of pregnancy... I had another I had to talk to less than 2 mnths ago! I talked to her after class about modifications etc .. and if her Dr. approved .. she said she walked every day and had taken my class before and wanted to start back .. YIKES .. . {{{ shaking head }}}

Tonight is supposed to be 4 step torture class .. but w/so many people if they all come tonight it may be a look and see again class!

Cathy - waiting to hear last night's outcome .. the sunshines look like a good sign!!

Wendy - think I would have to lay down the law to the clients .. yes you are their personal trainer BUT you have a life and a schedule .. think if you had MANY clients there would be no variation in scheduling! You couldn't .. it would be chaos! Good Luck! .. oh and LOL about beating the boss .. you go girl!

Di - I am waiting to see last night's meltdown torture too .. must have been awesome if you are saying it was!! I have GOT to try these Lucky jeans .. all of you love them .. so I have gotta find some .. may have to buy on line .. do they hold true to size .. I mean I am a definate size 6 .. but if they are cut slim then I would be an 8 .. ???

Angie - I know .. I know .. don't get onto me ..I will give you DH phone # and get onto him .. LOL... the ONLY reason he is on ANY kind of antibiotics is b/c I was fussing that he needed and antibiotic .. so he got some from the cabinet from the last time I was sick .. ampicillian ... and I know .. he probably needs a Z pack .. but he is a stickler about NOT taking meds .. and he will NOT go to the Dr. ... he would literally have to be on his death bed to go! ???? always been that way .. ??? STUBBORN is putting it mildly! Good news he sounds better .. and the coughing has eased up.. and the fever is now subsided .. so lets hope he is on the mend.!:) .. and PIA .. a lot of her coughing is "show" .. you know she is famous for laying out sick .. so I am looking for her to call in w/in the next three days .. I really thought she would not be here today .. LOL! But yea .. the plan is to spray lysol in her direction EVERY time she coughs .. LOL .. my BF told me to do that yesterday .. LOL...}(

Anyway .. going shopping at lunch .. going to attempt Torture class tonight!

Have a great one .. will BBL to check in w/all of you!
:7

Good....almost afternoon...:)

Today is my last week of the P90X/Cathe rotation. I'm so glad I will have more flexibility in my routine next week. I still need to figure out what I'm going to do next. I think I might be with Cathy on the fat loss rotation of some sort. I would like to drop a bit more flubber.x( I wish I didn't like to eat so darned much!!

Cathy - Awwww...thanks for the title.:) To re-live the 80's & 90's. Those were the fun ole' days. I could sure partake in the CAB's then that's for sure. Unfortunately I can't think of any good rock songs with snow in the title. LOL! We've gotten 2-3 inches with blowing snow in the last couple of hours. It's wicked out there. I went into work for a few hours this morning and it was slow going on the roads.
It was about 11:30 last night when I posted.....not quite the midnight hour. I'm not used to staying up quite that late, but I wanted to find some bargains. I was disappointed that I didn't really find anything worth while.:-(
I have never watched DWTS. I see all kinds of clips on ET though. I like to watch figure skating, so I'm sure I would like it.

Wendy - Yes, you are in for some PAIN! }( And so soon after your run?? You are a superwoman!
Yes, this company goes thru the big bucks for sure. It makes me wanna puke sometimes b/c it's hard to separate company business from personal business since they are both so closely intertwined. Obviously if the business does well, so do we. It has been a challenge wrapping my mind around the dollar amounts of these trucks. Our fuel bill alone in a two week period is between $10,000 and $15,000 or more when we're really busy.:eek: I can't stop watching MSNBC in the daytime to check the crude oil prices. ACK!!

Laura - Congrats on the new blood in your class! Word must be spreading about your torture.}(
And why didn't you finish your full coarse of Abx when you were sick the last time missy????:p Shame...shame.....shame! *lol*
I think most men in general are stubborn about going to the doc. Maybe some day they will wise up? NAH!
Where you thinking or HOPING PIA would not be in today??;-) LOL! I'm soooooo glad I work in my office ALONE! You make me more and more grateful for that every time you post about PIA.
Have a great torture class even if you have to kick those prego girls out. What a time to decide to get back into shape huh??

Hey Diana - What's up? Are your muscles screamin at you today?

Gotta go make me some lunch.:9 I'll try to be good.....

Angie

Hey girls.

I am beat. I had a bad morning at work. It wasn't crowded but man did we have the wrong combo of kids and I was alone for the final hour which made it even worse! It took every ounce of restraint I had not to quit as I was walking out the door to go home! I swear a 3 hour shift there will take more out of me then a full 8 hour day at my old job!!! x( ;( x( :-(

I am off for a nap and then I was considering some upper body work...chin/pull ups, push ups, tricep dips and the like...I'll see how long I snooze for and how I feel when I get up.

I'll be back a bit later for personals. :)

Hi Ladies,

Per the rotation, I did power hour this morning. It's been months since I've done this workout and it was a goodie this morning. Depending on my afternoon schedule, I may try to get to the rec ctr for some cardio.

Cathy-Vail is an expensive touristy place so I doubt you'll find anything reasonable there. I will ask DH about something close to vail and get back to you.

Wendy-I definitely could not handle a bunch of kids for 3 hours. Hopefully you'll feel better after your nap. Hope your legs are ready for B&G!

Laura-Your class must be spreading the word about your great workouts. As long as the pregnant one has been exercising regularly she should be fine. I know walking is exercise, but walking doesn't really compare with the kind of classes you teach. She needs to be careful. As far as the lucky's go, I had to go up a size to better fit my curvy backside. They were only $40 at Costco compared to $100 or more at the mall.

Angie-Wow, that logging truck sounds so expensive. I hope business is good for you:) I'm following fitness freaks endurance rotation, in case you are interested. Congrats to Cody and his team!!!!

BBL

Diana

Hey Babes!

Well I knocked out B&G LB premix w/the stability ball work before work this morning so that was great. After my nap this afternoon I proceeded to eat faaaar too many cookies so I decided to bag the upper body work and opted for cardio instead. I needed to burn atleast SOME of that sugar off!x(

I ended up doing BBC Shoulders and Back cardio (ooh la la Joey!}( ) and CTX Power circuit cardio (I didn't do the weight portions of the circuit). It was a good 40 min cardio work out not including warm up and cool down. I warmed up with ABA by accident. LOL I originally pulled it out figuring it would be a good time to learn the choreo. Well, I last about 2 minutes longer then the last time I tried it and got mad and put it back!x( It wasn't a total waste though since it warmed me up for Joey!;)

Laura: Sounds like you are one very popular instructor! I wish I could take one of your classes!}( So this preggy girl wasn't working out prior to her pregnancy and just figured she could jump right on in to your class at 4 months?? That's not smart. Glad you found out she was preggers and talked to her about it.

Angie: So are you SURE you don't wanna go for another round of the X with me? :p I'm only kiddin'. You need a change girl! Kick Tony to the curb for a while! Have you figured out what's up next yet? I actually found an X buddy. A gal who used to post regularly in the Cheetah thread is starting round 3 of the X the same day as me so we are going to keep in touch by email through it since she doesn't have time to post regularly on the boards anymore. :) Surprisingly enough, my legs are fine! They didn't hurt this morning. If they did, I would NOT have done B&G! I betcha it's the Glutamine I took. I took it again after doing B&G so if I have little to no DOMS tmrw then I KNOW that the Glutamine is working! B&G ALWAYS fries me up good the next day!

Diana: Hope you made it to the rec ctr for your cardio today! When's your next bootcamp meltdown class or is it over now?? How's Amanda doing?

Hi Cathy!:)

Well I figured I'd knock out personals while I was waiting for the little guy to stir. I knew once I got involved in something he'd wake up and sure enough it worked!!! DH called. He's workin' extra O/T tonight so he won't be home til 7-8 tonight. It's just me and the little one for dinner. That makes it easy!:)

BBL!

Hola, Cabber cuties!

Long wait at the chiro today (which never happens), so I'm working out a bit later than I'd like...I'm going to try to avoid waiting this long whenever possible b/c I do lose steam at this point in the evening. Just ate dinner and will relax a bit w/ some personals before I tackle my w/out.

Wendy :: strangely, there is no news…All I have been told is that it was “quiet.” Woulda been nice to know more, but I should be able to get add’l info tomorrow…Sorry about the rough day with the kiddos. Believe me, I can understand. Sometimes the middle schoolers zap my energy in the same way…I confess, I ate cookies AND chips this afternoon. :( Annoyed with myself ‘bout that.

Laura :: sounds like a great circuit last night…The Lucky sizes depend on what style you get. If you get the Easy Rider, you can probably go a size smaller than you would normally take. That’s a good style for those of us who are bootylicious. :)

Angie :: cracked up at the word “flubber.” Although it’s not that funny when I’m looking at it in the mirror. *lol* Well, there’s Grandmaster Flash “White Lines,” but that’s a different kind of snow. I don’t manage to catch every episode, but I usually follow the competition.

Di :: thanks for looking into it…we skied one day at Vail last year and enjoyed it best, but perhaps we’ll try something closer and more affordable to WP...Good job with PH...FitnessFreak's rotation looks good.

Since I came back from the cruise, I have had an on/off sore throat/sniffles...I seemed to snap out of the first phase of it, and then on T'giving, I accidentally shared a glass with my DSis, who was sick. So far, I've still managed to keep it at bay, but man, it ain't easy w/ the kids constantly sick as they are. One boy told me today he has MRSA! I feel some days like I should go to work in a HazMat suit.

All right, a little more surfing and then it's time to sweat!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Workout done!

4DS C&B
Amy's hi/lo dome - dome portion only (interesting)
iClimb #9 (20 min.)

Good night, ladies! :)

OK, so I'm in the middle of plyoX...only 17 minutes to go....when the power goes out!}( There I am, soaking in sweat and getting more angry with every minute that passes and the power doesn't come back on. Finally 3 hours later, we got power back. I went back downstairs and finished plyo and took a much MUCH needed shower. Dinner was less than stellar b/c it was too late to bake my chicken and rice.}( It's still blowing outside and the weather is supposed to be like this all week. I think winter is here to stay, which I don't mind, but I hate losing power!

Wendy - Yikes....the only thing worse than working with a PIA is working with PIA kids!}( :p :7
I'll probably figure this out after I ask....but what is ABA? Amy Bento something perhaps?
Can't wait to hear if the glutamine warded off the DOMS.

Diana - Do you know if all of fitness freaks rotations are posted somewhere? I'll need to get busy this week figuring out what I'm doing next week.

Cathy - LOL!re: the different kind of snow.:7
Tonight I'm watchin NCIS....one of my favs. And then will watch Biggest Loser....I like to sit and watch people workout I guess. Parts of the show are annoying...but it's cool to see the progress these folks have made.
Sounds like you're gonna have to arm yourself with that lysol can too.

I suppose I'd better start a load of laundry now that I have power back. Cody's uniform needs to get cleaned before tomorrow nights game.

Night Cabbers

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.