Cabs and Abs Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Ladies. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Winks/b-wink.gif[/IMG]

Angie: I had apple pie at my MIL's the other night for dessert. VERY yummy. :9 I was never a big fan of it but lately, OMG, it's just wonderful! My sweet tooth is out of control!!!!:p

Cathy: LOL about the "enjoy-mint". Very cute. You are not a dork. You are creative. :) I'm glad BTS went well. I can imagine the nerves would fly if you have to speak in front of alot of parents like that. You did great though and now it's behind you for another year! Phew!:)

So I am heading to the gym this morning. I have the Itread Interval run in my head. We'll see if that's what I ACTUALLY do though!:7 I also have to do abs at some point.

Diana: Congrats on the 2 pound weight loss! Thanks for the BTS explanation. Not having a school aged child and being out of school for so many years, I don't keep up with the lingo. LOL

Laura: Man, you just love to torture people, don't ya? So do I! That's why I chose to become a PT! :7 }( :7 I hope the storm turns out to be a dud or turns away from the area you want to head in. I hate when weather ruins your plans. :-(

Ok, I'll BBL!:)

Mornin girls

I was so tempted to just stay in bed this morning but managed to get my butt up. The boys are old enough to catch the bus on their own, but I am just compelled to watch them actually get on the bus....just to be safe I guess. Anyways, once I'm up with a cup of coffee in my hands it just doesn't make sense to go back to bed.

I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do today. I was thinking.....would the "Squeeze" workout maybe take the place of a yoga workout? Or is it more of a strength workout. How intense is it?.....I guess is what I'm wondering. I think I'm the only one here who doesn't have it. :( I have to find a better sub for yogax. I just can't do a full hour of stretchmax.....too boring!
My biceps are definitely talking to me this morning. Strangely enough, I just love bicep DOMS.:)

Wendy - Glad I'm not the only one with mom or MIL who are always making naughty goodies for us. Are we spoiled or what?;)
So are the DOMS history this morning? Hope you are feeling re-energized!

Cathy - So glad you have BTS out of the way. I'm sure you feel relieved, that is if you were able to get some sleep last night.
Oh the poor kid in your class. I remember when I was in middle school and had a band concert at school one evening. I was just not feeling well but just couldn't miss the concert!:eek: Well, halfway thru it I had to take a walk down the hall and started running towards the bathroom......didn't make it. I will never forget it! I was so embarrassed.;( Luckily, nobody was in the hallway when it happened and nobody figured out who did it. So, I feel for the little guy in your class. Strange how there's some things in life you will never forget....

BBL to see what everyone is up to

Angie

Hi Ladies,

I'm heading downstairs for MIS this morning. I definitely need to fit in an extra legs only day too.

Wendy-Glad your DOMs has subsided. Have fun with Itread Intervals.

Angie-You're posting early today. Hope you get a lot out of BFFM, it is full of information. With PUB I do the warmup, abs and then the weights. I struggled so much with the ab work at the end that I started doing them first. I'm not a yoga fan either, good luck finding a sub.

Cathy-I bet your glad BTS is over and things will be settling down soon.

Laura-What kind of torture do you have planned for today? Are your friends still joining you???

Nancy-Hi Nancy, hope all is going well for you.

BBL

Diana

Afternoon ladies ... wow has it been busy in here ...

Still have DOMS in the sides and a little into the hams .. but it feels oooooh so good!!

The friend that met us for BBC legs and butt ... LOL ... she sent me a nasty email this morning .. said that from the neck down she could not move .. she has never been this sore .. says she looks like an idiot trying to slide out of her chair .. LOL!}( .. but she is a trooper .. she threatened my life if we did weights at lunch .. but she did agree to meet and do a light workout .. so she got 20 min. on the elliptical and me I got 20 min. on the TM! LOL SIL got caught up at work ... she said she felt better than yesterday.

Last night was super cardio ... SIL threatened my life if I dared pick up a weight in class (I get threatened a lot huh?) ..

Yeah Wendy .. LOVE inflicting torture .. my students are all grumbling b/c I am just about 95% up on my workout level! they were all gathered in a bunch outside the gym Tuesday night .. laughing one student saw me and said "OMG .. we can tell you feel better .. you are back to killing us" .. LOL .. gotta love it they keep coming back!!:)

Cathy.. way to go on the presentation .. glad it went well ..sure the BRIBE helped .. LOL .. hey .. and I loved the MINT idea!! :)

Angie .. being down here I don't like STORMS .. ok a good old fashioned rain storm .. LOVE IT .. tornado .. hurricane destruction flooding .. DON'T LIKE!! yeah .. we worry about the beach house .. and mainly the boat!! LOL ... this storm does not look like a major one .. but it looks like it is going more toward the east .. which means we will get a good brunt of it in PC .. so looks like we may be going to the beach and securing the boat and house .. x( x( .. although like you said .. I will still find a way to have a good time none the less!@ .. just will hold out on the pole dancing!!}(

Diana .. 2 pounds loss .. hey .. I think I found them! LOL .. just kidding .. I do not DARE get on the scales .. I would ruin my B-day weekend .. LOL!!! Ignorance is bliss!;)

Hey Nancy .. hope life is treating you well!:)

OK .. I pigged out at lunch .. having a benefit for the March of Dimes here .. roast beef, mac and cheese, rice, beans and rolls .. OMG .. I am MISS PIGGY NOW :eek: ;(

Any who .. it is 6 step heavy shaping tonight .. bring on some more DOMS!!!}( }(

have a great one ladies!:7

Hello Babes in Catheland! (talk about dorky, huh? http://www.infohub.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif )

Well, my Itread Intervals is done. I am getting faster little by little with this one so I am happy. I still have to do abs but I am putting it off for now. I took Joey to the park after the gym. It got hot out there again. DRAT!x( I was enjoying the cooler weather. Although, the humidity is down so even though it's quite warm in the sun, I have not needed the a/c in the house today and it's comfy in the shade so that's good.:)

Angie: I don't blame you for wanting to see your kids onto the bus. I'd do the same thing. As far as Squeeze goes...I do not have it but I wouldn't think it would be in the same category as yoga personally. I would not use it as a replacement. JMHO though. :) Um no...the DOMS is NOT gone yet!:eek: My lats and hams are STILL all fired up!!! I was able to get through my run ok today but boy did I feel it when I went to stretch my IT band after the run! It stretches all the way down your side so my lats were thanking me and cursing me all at the same time.:7

Diana: I do PUB abs first too. I think alot of folks do the same. Trying to hold yourself for the roll ins and pikes AFTER the upper body work is INSANE!!!!}(

Cathy: So how is our teacher doing today? Have you been able to whip the 2 talkers into shape yet? }( What's on tap for your work out today?

K, think I am gonna catch a nap since I cleaned house/did laundry y'day and have already done my work out this morning!
I'll be back after I catch some http://www.infohub.com/forums/images/smilies/lazy2.gif

Later chickies!:+

Afternoon, girls! :)

Wendy :: MMM, apple pie!!!…*lol* about Babes in Catheland…dorky? Us? Nah! Never! Witty – yes!…I agree, it did get hot again. I wore a new (winter!) sweater to work today b/c it was the only thing that matched my cords and didn’t need to be ironed. But my classroom temp can’t be controlled (don’t ask :p), so I usually need a sweater or jacket anyway. The air is constantly blowing!...I do have a social group, in general, but they are coming along. I am leaning toward doing Basic Step. I really want to see what it’s like and see if I can get the hang of the moves. Enjoy your nap. I feel like I could go for one myself, but I’m afraid it will be hard to get up and work out. It will be early to bed, for sure!!

Ang :: Hmm, I wouldn’t compare Squeeze to yoga. I think it’s more like Fluidity or Barre Method. You won’t break a sweat, but you will burn your muscles in a new way. I always do it as a mishmosh and have only all the done upper body segments once. The pushups are too short and too easy, and you might think the whole thing's going to be a joke, but there are certain segments that KILL. The inner thigh work and abs are my favorites…I wanted to stay in bed today, too!…Sorry about your puke story. I remember when I was in 5th grade, a boy heaved all over the teacher’s desk. That and the wing bowl inspired me to adapt a "you gotta heave, you leave" policy, no questions asked.

Diana :: hope you enjoyed MIS.

Laura :: sounds like a DE-LISH lunch. I am having a food-obsessed day once again. Stress makes me want to CHOW down. Although the big stress is over now, so I need to snap out of it!…Enjoy step tonight and puttin' a hurtin' on 'em!…Thanks re: the mints. I borrowed the idea from my mentor when I first started teaching, and it has always been a hit. But now I am stuck with all the leftovers! ACK!

Hi Nancy!

So, I think I'll give Basic Step a go in a little while. I still need my "decompression time."

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Okay so the nap never happened...Oh well.

I have pretty much decided that I am going to go for the ankle bracelet tat. I am NOT getting it done on my achilles tendon though as I have heard that is super harsh so I am going to have 2 small hearts as part of the chain. One on each end and they will be placed on either side of the achilles...basically as close to it as they can get without actually touching it! Oh, and I've added something to it! Along with the sun, moon and stars, I am also including (if possible) a lamb between some of the wording since Joey's fave stuffed animal of all time that he has had since birth- who is named "Dude"- is a Baby Gund Lamb. :+ I will probably not do anything until after my half though. I don't want a healing tat bothering me for that one and besides, I would want DH to come with me and with him working 7 days a week I think it will be kind of hard to get an appointment that he can make it to!

Laura: It's funny...my BF curses me out when I am training her but is totally motivated to keep coming back! We have actually been talking about upping her from 2 to 3 sessions per week when possible!

Cathy: I tend to be opposite...When I am tired, if I take a short nap, I am more energized for a work out then if I don't take a nap. Now if I over-do the nap, I am in trouble! Have fun with Basic Step. Don't let it frustrate you if you are a bit confused at first. I think you'll pick it up rather quickly though. It's really not difficult. Let us know how you do!!:)

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.