Cabs and Abs Thrillin' Thursday :-)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

Okay, it's official. I have an RT roommate! Now I'm getting excited to go! LOL I'm not yet sure what hotel I'll be staying at. My roomie is making the reservation today. I shot her an email asking her which hotel she is booking. I let her decide since she is staying longer then me (arriving Thursday) and also making the reservation for us. I'll relay that info as soon as I get it. :)

Di: Dontcha just hate it when a storm wakes you up!? That is sooo annoying, especially when it's close to the time you get up cause then it seems useless to try and get back to sleep. Sorry about your ankles. I hope they feel better soon. Have you been running alot? Perhaps cutting back a bit would help. So when is your 10k race? As far as the X goes, I think if it were me I'd opt for either CTX or a circuit week for "recovery" week. Also don't push too hard or you won't actually recover at all. ;) So I will probably use the Runner Girl figure in my marathon tat along with the date of the race and "26.2". I think I don't I will include the finish time after all. I am leaning towards having it be all black, small and pretty simple. I love tats with that look.

Laura: I'm jealous girl! Vegas for a WEEK!!! You lucky dawg! I've been to Vegas twice and LOVED it! Supposed to go next year with DH. I can't wait!!!! I don't think I'd get it on my neck. Not quite sure WHERE I'd get it yet. No, I don't have an ankle tat but I am considering it. I still want to get the tat done about my son so I think I want to put one of the 2 on my ankle some how.

Ang: Good job gettin' your work done so you can have a 4 day weekend! WOO HOO! It should take me about 90 minutes to get down to the RT hotels. That's how long it took me last year. LOL about the 7am class. ITA...COFFEE! I am a morning person but not THAT much of a morning person. Especially after a late night! :eek: Congrats on booking your flight! Woo Hoo!

Cathy: I hope you got some rest last night. Check in when ya can. :)

So today is party prep day. I have to make my list and shop and then perhaps come home and clean. I am not going to have to "cook" much as it's a cold spread. My biggest job, should I decide to take it on, will be making the cold cut platter. I am considering purchasing a platter from my foodstore though. }(

I hit the gym y'day afternoon for a run so I don't have to go there today. I will be doing BBC Arms and Abs and possibly Butt and Legs as well if I have the time...and the energy! LOL

On the way to the foodstore I have to pick up the registration packet to put Joey in f/t preschool in the fall! This makes me very nervous. I guess I'm a typical mom!

Okay, off to grab more java!

BBL!

Good morning buddies http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/coffee.gif

I'm up and should be getting my workout outta the way but I'm going to clean up a bit before heading out. BF and I have plans to go mushrooming later on this morning. The sun is shining and it will be a beautiful day to be outside.
I have YogaX on the schedule today but I'm sooooo not in the mood for that. I'll see how I feel later, but I'm sure I will probably sub that out for a step aerobic w/o since it seems like it's been ages since I have done one.

Wendy - Yah on the roomie! So it's not Lori then?
You are so lucky to only be 90 minutes away. Have you ever gone to a Cathe class?
Your tat idea sounds cute. Maybe you can get it before the RT so we can take a peek at it.
I don't see much sleep in my RT future. I'm probably gonna totally drop whe I get home.
Prepping for a party is a lot of work. What's the occasion?
Preschool huh? Yikes. The first day off is an emotional one. Heck, I still get a little emotional, but excited too, on the first day of school every year. Next year Cam will be going to middle school. I just can't believe that soon I will no longer have a kid in elementary.:-( They grow up too darned fast that's for sure.

Cathy - How'd the simply sleep work? I hope you got some sleep girl.

Hi Di and Laura - I left posts for you girls last night.

Hey Ang.

Have fun 'shrooming!:) Nope, never been to Cathe's gym/classes or anything so this should be fun. I haven't done step much at all over the past several months! I'm going to need to brush up before the RT!:eek: Girl, I can't get the marathon tat until I've COMPLETED the marathon! LOL You can see my other tats though if you want.:)Joey turns three this coming week so we are having a small family party for him on saturday. :)

Okay...I've put it off long enough...I'm dressed and must go food shopping. I love my son but I soooo am not in the mood to do this 3rd Birthday shin-dig on Saturday. I usually enjoy it but this time I'm sooo not motivated to do the work. x(

Hello Ladies ..

checking in later than usual .. have had an INTERESTING morning .. div. mngr. called me in his office and offered me a position in his dept .. :eek: .. blew me away ... I will have the same "title" .. but MORE $$$$$ ... and NO PIA!!!:eek: the only thing is PIA mother works back there .. but she is not near as smart or slick as PIA!! BUT .. she is her mother .. $%#$@%@#$ .. I am torn b/c I have worked for the same boss for 15 years .. and although have not been happy w/his lack attention to the problems and abuse by PIA .. NOR his rewarding bad behavior ..he IS a good man and has been a good boss .. my direct supervisor will be a woman . . :eek: .. and she can be "rigid" .. but treats everyone the same so .. ???? ahhh .. this has really blown my mind!! what to do ...what to do .. .

Cathy .. are you still sleeping??? LOL .. I hope it worked for you .. it is a life saver for me!! I battle bouts of insomnia a lot!! Let us know how and if it worked for you!

Wendy .. if you go w/the a "runner girl" tat and #'s what about on the upper arm ... or a smaller tat on the underside of your wrist (might hurt a bit) ... It would be nice for all us girls to meet in Vegas next year .. talk about a good time .. although I think the w/o's would be NON existant!! LOL .. OH and my nephew starts FIRST grade next year .. OMG .. SIL and I are freaking out .. my wittle man is growing up!!!

Angie ... thanks for the heads up . . a friend went in Feb. and yes she said there was LOTS of turbulance .. :eek: ... I have already figured out all my liquids are going into the checked big bag and mine and DH will put alcohol in the 3 oz. containers that go in the plastic bag on the carry on .. then when that runs out I will be paying mega bucks for the airplane's supply!!! My friend that went in Feb does not really even drink and she said she was downing them quick!! OK .. butterflys are bouncing around in the belly just thinking of it!! but thanks for telling me it is mountains that cause the turbulance and NOT that the plane is gonna fall outta the air that is causing it!!!

Di .. what's up w/your ankle?? You could be over doing the training girl .. may have to take it down a notch ..HEY .. and if you have any ideas on how to make a job switch decision easy PLEASE share!!!!

OK ... brain is on overload .. going to discuss the job issue w/DH tonight .. I didn't think they would offer me what they did .. and to come after me ... WOW .. I am flattered!

Have a great day .. tonight going to be core torture class followed by power yoga cool down!!!:7

Quick check in to report my work out. I didn't get started early enough so I couldn't do 2 weight segments. That being said, I did BBC Butt and Legs. I upped my weights for all standing work but the calf raises and did the glute kicks and one set of the squat/jumping jack combo at the end. I can feel it already!}( }( }(

Be back after supper!:9

Hi ladies,

Well I got up and dressed for my workout this morning but just didn't feel like doing anything. I'll have to do Legs & Back tomorrow morning. This afternoon I went for a 5 mile and it was wonderful. The weather was low 60's, some sun-some overcast and I even got sprinkled on a bit. I ran the whole way and felt great.
My 10K is on Memorial Day, May 26th-and Amanda is running it with me. It should be fun.

The medical college Amanda was on the wait list for called and wanted her to start classes this session. I was a little ticked since they notified her on the second day of classes and we don't have daycare for the baby girls or her financial aid prepared. We were able to get one of my "work from home" neighbors to watch the girls today and my MIL is watching them tomorrow. DS & Amanda interviewed 2 potential sitters yesterday and are interviewing one tonight. I hope they find someone they trust who has reasonable rates. I think they qualify for daycare assistance based on my son's income.

It's mother's day weekend and I always dread it. I'm just too selfish. We are having my stepmom & dad over for dinner on Saturday and we are preparing food and going to MIL's on Sunday. On top of that I have a meeting at the college with Zach and Jerod has a football game on Saturday. I will be cooking and cleaning on my vacation days.:(

Wendy-Nice job with BBC. Glad to hear you have a roomie now!! Hopefully you will be at the same hotel as Angie and I. I've decided to do a week of circuits. I'm thinking Bootcamp, HST, HSC and maybe circuit max. Something with the fun factor. I've only been running twice a week for the past 3-4 weeks so I don't think its overtraining, maybe just more of my body adjusting to all the pounding. Joey will start f/t preschool in the fall..where did the time go???

Angie-You'll have to email me your flight info so I can try to get there as close to the same time as possible. I'm looking forward to the next round of the x, after my circuit week.

Laura-So do you think your going to take the new position? Obviously no job change is ever easy. It's particularly hard when you've been at the same company for a long time and had the same boss too. I've been at my company for 18yrs this June, and in the same department for the past 9.

Cathy-Hope you sleeping soundly:)

See you all in the morning.

Di

x(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.