Cabs and Abs Thrillin' Thursday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Girlies!:)

Angie: I think you look GREAT in your new pic! From what I can see, you would have every right to wear that suit on the beach, girl! ^5's!!!! I'm glad you got all of your Christmas shopping done. I still have a little bit to do plus I am waiting on a few deliveries of online orders still. So what's on your agenda for today?

Cathy: Sorry your evening did not go as planned last night. I hope you were able to bang out the last of your school work this morning. I am going to to *try* to stick with the X. I'd really like to get through it but if I still really want to do something else perhaps I will take a week or 2 to play around some and then go back. I'll see what happens.

My poor DS slept so good all night but the vaporizor shuts off early in the morning for some reason and then eventually DS' cough follows. I've been listening to him cough for a while now...that's why I am up. :-(

Today will be 4DS legs, arx and a 30 min cardio for me!

Off to grab some java!

BBIAB!:)

Hey girls! Lightning quick post!

Angie :: I am actually just swamped with school stuff at the moment -- so far no preparation for the trip other than having the summer wax removed from my skis and taking my ski coat to the cleaners...BF is going on the trip, so we'll hang out then...I have iClimbs but have not tried Cardio Coach...IA they make the workout fly and give us a good push...the EXT sounds like a good break for your heel...*lol* about Cam...happy wrapping today!...I see we are all crazy-busy!!!

Wendy :: That's OK about last night -- I'm just doin' what I can! I actually couldn't even finish all the tests last night. It takes so long to read those freakin' essays! So I finished the tests this morning and will need to get the notebooks done this afternoon...poor little guy! I'm glad he could sleep through the night, though...enjoy your w/out!

Well, since I *have* to knock out this workload today, I don't know if a workout will be possible tonight. I hope so, but we'll see.

Have a great day, girls! Hope to BBL.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Happy ho ho ho ho Thursday cabbers http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/xmas-115.gif

I'm giving myself an hour or so of "guilt free" computer time this morning since I feel like it's been forever since I've had down time. After that I really need to tackle the laundry, vacuuming, and gift wrapping. Cam is full well anticipating a tree with presents when he gets home. *lol* I should opt to leave his in the back room and see if he notices.}(
Actually after this post I need to write a letter. There's a girl who I talked to when she dropped her son off at Cam's birthday party who was telling me about her situation. I asked why she wasn't working at a place where I used to see her. She got all teary eyed and told me that her DH had tongue cancer and she had to take a voluntary lay off to take care of the kids and to take care of things at home while he was getting surgery and treatments. He had 90% of his tongue removed. When she went back to get her job back they said they were deleting her position in order to save money. This couple is our age and have kids the same age as our kids. I could feel the pain in what she was telling me and it just broke my heart. I really didn't mean to open a can o' worms, but I can't get it out of my mind. So, DH and I have decided to send in a Christmas card with money in it to help them out a little bit. I hope she doesn't take it the wrong way. If she isn't at the Christmas program this afternoon, I'm going to send it home with her son today and tell him how important it is that he get this card to his mom. Now.....to write a letter.
On a lighter note.....I think I have CardioKicks on the adjenda today, but I'll likely sub that out for something I want to do instead. I have lots of time to mull it over....unless I decide to knock it out before I go to the Christmas program this afternoon. Hmmmmmm

Wendy - Thanks for the kudos. I do think the one-piece is much more slimming than that 2 piece I used for P90X pics. I'm kicking myself for wearing that since it is the most unflattering thing ever!!}( I have those posted under my P90X pics. I am not impressed with those.....but they did serve a purpose for me! I needed that kick in the pants.
I'm still waiting for Cam's Alf DVD's that I ordered on 11/29. The person who sent them said he sent them via media mail.....which is notoriously slow. I'm hoping they finally get here before the big day.
Hopefully you'll be able to catch up on lost sleep this morning with a nap this afternoon.
I'm with you on the java girl!!

Cathy - Yes....crazy busy! Hopefully you'll get more done today than you anticipate.....love it when that happens.
You must be getting excited! Glad you and BF will be getting some good times in.
I think I have some iclimbs on my computer that I have never used. I never had a piece of equipment to use them on and they were free so I decided to get them even if I didn't have a use for them at the time. I should try that out....I know there's lots of iTrain fans out there.....guess I need to finally see what all the fuss is about.

Allright.....off to write a letter. I'll BBL

Angie

Hi Ladies,

This is my last work day-my vacation days start tomorrow!!!!! Jerod is getting some kind of an award (honor student)at school tomorrow. MIL and I are going to that. Afterwards, I need to take inventory of my gifts. I would like to finish shopping tomorrow too. I think the stores will be really crowded if I wait until Saturday.

I never did get those cards out. That's on the agenda for tonight.

I did heavy weights at the rec ctr yesterday and have leg and back doms today. I did a warmup set of squats and lunges 1X15 at 45lbs
Squats 3X12 at 95lbs
Lunges 3X12 at 65lbs
Leg presses 3X10 at 180lbs
Calve raises 3X20 at 180lbs
Deadrows overhand 2X12 at 65lbs
Deadrows underhand 2X12 at 45lbs
Lat pulldowns

I may try to get to the rec ctr at lunch also.

Wendy-I'm glad Joey is starting to feel better. It's no fun though when they can't sleep through the night. So the X is getting to you? I think mish moshing is good way to go.

Cathy-You certainly are busy this week before the holidays. When do fly out to Denver? I hope you have a great time skiing. Winter Park is awesome!

Angie-I'm jealous that you're all ready done shopping. Good for you.

Laura-Whether you win, lose or break even...have a wonderful time.

It's getting busy here..bbl

Diana

Angie: What a sad story about that woman and her husband. All I can say is thankfully he is still here, right? You are very sweet to want to do something for this family. I hope your kindness is appreciated and not taken as pity or something.

Diana: You amaze me with your heavy lower body lifting. You rock! Make sure you get those Christmas cards out today!:) Enjoy your vacation!!! It's not so much that I am tired of the X but that I am craving other work outs. I love the 4DS series and I also have Amy's Slo Mo that I haven't even TRIED yet!!!:eek: I am going to try my hardest to stick it out though, now that I've committed. I have a few open days where I can sneak in other instructors. I could have done so y'day but chose not to for whatever reason.

Well, I succeeded in getting 4DS Legs out of the way this morning along with ARX so now I just have 4DS Bootcamp cardio to do at nap time. }(

GTG for now.
BBIAB!

Hey Cabbers!

Where'd y'all go???

I just finished 4DS Bootcamp cardio and I'm a sweaty mess! I LOVE it!!!}( :7 }(

Time to hit the showers!

BBL!:)

Hey Miss Wendy-I'm still here. I went to the rec ctr and did 40 min interval on the elliptical and 10 min interval on the stepper. My legs were frying up on me so I had to stop early on the stepper. I also did some killer ab work on the bosu.

I need to get out of here quick. There are treats on the table behind me and I can't seem to stay out of them. I did have my eggbeaters w/peppers & tomato, oatmeal, fiber one w/protein powder and a banana, and a pear. Maybe the few pieces of candy aren't too terribly bad.

Angie-You are so considerate. I'm sure the family will be grateful for your generous donation! BTW, you look great. Keep up the good work.

Diana

Diana: Don't sweat just a few pieces of candy. We all indulge!:9

Okay so I was just on collage video's site and ended up ordering Awesome Strength, Bosu Long and Lean, Candice Copeland's Core Synergy and Tracy Staehle's Parts series. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!:+ :7 :+ Let it go on record though that in return I am going to be putting some dvds on ebay that I do not use so I am GIVING as well as RECEVING!:p This time though, I need to find time to try them all within 30 days so that I can just freakin' RETURN THEM if don't like them!;)

I was thinking about my X dilemma and I think I have it solved. I will give in to my craving for other work outs with out trashing my X rotation. After my recovery week which comes up next week, I will start a 2 week endurance rotation just for a break from the heavy stuff, a bit more cardio and some variety. After that I will complete round 2 of the X and then do another 2 weeks of endurance, then round 3. After round 3 is complete? Well, who the heck knows at that point! LOL

Hope everyone is having a good day!

BBL!

Hiya girls

Wendy.......step away... from the computer....and put that credit card down!!! LOL!!:7

DH is home early and just brought in a bunch of gifts.....gotta go!!

Angie

OK....gifts opened....now I can get back to business. We got a box of chocolates, mixed nuts, and a hot chocolate basket.:9 The box of chocolates will either be re-gifted or taken up to the shop for the guys to eat.:p

I ended up doing cardio coach #2 which was only about 32 minutes long so I did a steady state to complete 45 minutes and then added on ARX. I didn't want Wendy to keep Tony ALL to her self.:7

Wendy - Actually, I saw the girl today at school when I went to the Christmas program. I was hoping I would. I gave her a big hug and talked to her a little bit about her DH. She started getting teary eyed again.:( I gave her the Christmas card when I went to leave and she seemed touched at the fact that I thought to give her one. I hope she is pleasantly surprised when she opens it and I hope she doesn't take it as pity either....it certainly isn't how it is meant.
Now that you mention it, I haven't done slo-mo either. I really should dig that out....maybe tomorrow?
4DS bootcamp is a goodie....I've only done it once. I loved it! So, why haven't I done it again? So many workouts......well, you know the rest.
Good plan on the X. That sounds like a really neat way to mix it up. Very interesting indeed!

Diana - Oh no....not a treat table! }( :eek: Ah, what the heck....Christmas only comes once right? Plus, you'll have all kinds of time next week to burn it all off. Knowing you, you'll burn it off plus some for sure.
I haven't done the stepper since I went to CMU. I was otta there in 91 so It's been a while for me since I've been on a stepper. I think it gets deeper into the butt than the elliptical for sure.
Thanks for the kind words. I still have a lot of work to do, but I think this cardio rotation is starting to pay off. I got on the scale this morning b/c I felt lean and sure enough, I was down 3.6 pounds. I soooo wanted to write it down, but my official weigh in day is tomorrow so if it was a true drop I should be seeing it tomorrow too and if not, it wasn't meant to be written down anyways.
Didya get that Christmas inventory done?

The laundry is done but I haven't started the wrapping yet. I gotta get down there tonight since I will probably go to work tomorrow. I also have to get up early and make sausage for Cameron to take to school for their Christmas breakfast.

I'll check back with you all later....

Angie

hey girlies...

I'm finally finishing up my cards. They may or may not be late but I'm not going to stress about it.

I got another package delivered today and put it up in my room. Wouldn't ya know, DH is up there watching TV and there is stuff in the packages for him. I already kicked him off the computer so I could get some addresses. I'm not sure how he'll feel if I kick him out of the bedroom now. I guess I'll have to take inventory and shop tomorrow.

We are supposed to get about 3 inches of snow tomorrow and its going to be really cold-in the 20's.

I'm so relieved to not have to go back to work until Jan 2nd. WOO HOO. I do plan on getting in some killer cardio w/o's while I'm off.

I have tons of laundry to do and the kids are helping to get the house cleaned this weekend. I'm sure we'll be ready by the time xmas rolls around....guess what...Christmas will be here whether we're ready or not.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.