Cabs and Abs...Sunday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies.

Diana: 35# DBs? You go girl! I wield a 35# BB for some lower body work but I don't know if I could use that weight in DBs for upper! Holy cow!}( That's why I love that I work out when DH isn't home most of the time. I just ignore the phone and no one is around to ruin that for me!:p Was your work out yesterday 90 minutes total or was just the kb'ing 90 minutes!?

Well, I just finished my breakfast. I am already dressed. I just have to get my stuff together and head out the door. I am going to leave in about 15 minutes....I'm askeered!:eek: LOL I have to shower and be ready to train my BF after my run! I wonder if I can catch a nap while she is working out!? ;)

Okay well, I'll be back later!

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_morninggirls.gif

Angie :: I think heavy lifting makes you hungry. I remember feeling an increase in appetite while on the X…I love Homer, too…The mirror’s a really good idea, but since I work out in the living room, I don’t think it would work for me. I fantasize all the time about having a workout room with a mirrored wall. Maybe someday…

Diana :: I think that is it – I’ll have to watch and keep practicing. Several Catheites suggested learning the segments as add-ons after a workout. Therefore, I won’t feel like I’m cheating…Congrats to Jerod’s team on the win! *lol* about your B&G comment. Enjoy the weather!

Wendy :: I can’t believe how quickly your training has gone by…I seem to be increasing mileage at a MUCH slower pace…I'm sure you'll do GREAT today!!!...It looks like I will most likely be able to get down to Seaside to cheer you on for your HM…If I was there in my training, I’d run it with you…I enjoyed the BBQ. Two of my sister’s friends whom I haven’t seen for a long time kept telling me how I great I looked. (They haven’t seen me for a couple of years, and I was quite a bit heavier then.) Not to sound self-absorbed, but it just felt GOOD to have hard work recognized, esp. after feeling bad about myself for so long. It was not only the weight but also my skin. Working out + the Accutane has given me a whole new lease on life.

Laura’s off celebrating. Hi Nancy, if you’re out there! We miss you.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

I'm baaack! I did it! 10 miles is in the bag! WOOH! It took me just under 2 hours. Slow buy steady! I'm happy!:+

ITA with Cathy about heavy lifting making you hungry. I was DEFINATELY hungrier on the X doing less cardio and more heavy lifting then I am now while training for the half.

Cathy: You are too sweet being willing to drive all that way so that I can have a cheering section! Know that I REALLY appreciate it wether you make it or not!!!:+ :+ :+ I do wish you were far enough along in your training to be able to run the half with me. That would be great. There will be others though!;) You are NOT self-absorbed. You have every right to be proud of yourself and to take joy in your accomplishments being noticed! http://www.infohub.com/forums/images/smilies/bravo.gif

So just for a goof I got on the scale when I got home from my run. I had weighed myself in the morning when I got up as well. Do you know I lost 4 pounds during the run!? I consumed 20 ounces of water AND ate a 240 calorie protein bar during the run. I also ate a breakfast of cereal and a small protein shake before heading out! I know you lose water weight when exercising but I never expected to have lost THAT much. It wasn't even HOT outside. It was rather lovely, in fact!:)

Okay, I gotta get in the shower. Gotta leave her between 12:30 and 1pm to go up to my BF's house to train her so I can be at my mom's by 3pm to pick DS up.

I'll check in on y'all a bit later.

Toodles!:7

Hello ladies

I had another atrocious (sp?) eating day yesterday and it wasn't really b/c my appetite was huge....it was b/c I ate high cal. food.x( Had nachos at the football game, 3 pieces of pizza afrer the game, and 2 beers when we got home. After the entire day.....almost 3000 calories again! Ack!!! Next Friday's weigh in will likely not be a good day.:-( Needless to say, I've got lots of work to do in the coming week.

Cody won his game yesterday too 24-20. They now have a 2-2 record. The weather was beautiful for a football game.

Wendy - Sounds like you have a killer plan for today.}( I hope your run goes well for you and that you have great weather for it.
Let us know how it went.:)

Diana - Wooohooo! on Jarods game.:) I'll bet he's a happy guy.
*lol* about your comment re: exercise interruptus.:eek: I am the exact same way....and the kids know not to answer the phone and say ummmm....yup....she's here.....just a minute.}( }( }( They are fully aware that if they answer the phone to tell them I will call back when I'm done....unless there is blood involved! :7
How'd that party of Friday go? Are you gonna keep the BC going over the fall?
X+ does look wicked doesn't it? I can't stop watching those clips!!

Cathe - So do you finally have a day off??? I mean, really OFF? :D
Re: the mirror.....I don't have mine mounted. I just get it out when I do my w/o and move it back behind the TV when I'm done so that the kids don't break it. I noticed yesterday with kenpo that using the mirror really made a big difference for me. I broke out in more of a sweat than I usually do. I think it was because I was tweeking my form more so than before, maybe down lower in my squats or more intense in my punches. I'm not sure, but it felt like a more intense workout.
There's nothing that will invigorate me more than those "you look great" comments.;-) It just makes it all worth it!!

Today is rest day....although with all those cals I've eating the past few days, I'm feelin guilty about it. But, that's what the rotation calls for. I have lots of cleanmax to get to now that I have a full Sunday of uninterrupted time.....so I guess I'd better get to it.

Have a great Sunday all

Angie

Hey Wendy - must've been posting at the same time.

Congrats on the run!!
respect-055.gif

Wow - I'm in awe!! My heel would be killin me if I did that! You rock!!!

About the weight loss...wow! I've heard that nascar drivers lose 8-10 pounds during a 3 hour race. Maybe I need to become a nascar driver to lose these last 5-10 pounds.:7 Somehow I think that would be easier than running 10 miles.:D

Angie

Hi ladies,

I'm going to do an upper body w/o and some kind of cardio. Sounds pretty vague doesn't. I'm thinking ctx upper but haven't picked a cardio w/o yet. I have so many new ones to try but I really like my tried and true Cathe's as well.

The 35# are good for bench presses and rows. I can do flyes with my 25's but haven't tried more than that yet.

Wendy-great job completing 10 miles. Make sure you stay well hydrated before, during and after your long runs. Also, make sure you are stretching adequately as well. The Absolute kickbox w/o is 93 minutes. It's 70 mins of cardio kickboxing and combat intervals, then a cardio cool down, weighted ab work and a finally a stretch. I like doing kickboxing after leg weights. I think it helps work out some of the soreness from the weight training.

Cathy-You deserve all the compliments you are getting. Great job!

Angie-Sorry to hear you are struggling with the diet. It is my biggest downfall as well. I love to exercise and would do it til the cows come home, but without the proper nutrients it won't do much good. Absolutely, heavy weight training increases your apetite. You just need to make sure are consuming quality foods. You know, cleanmax burns calories too:)

Laura-hope you are still enjoying you birthday weekend.

Nancy-Hi Nancy :) :)

Have a great day ladies,

Diana

I'm back

OK - the 5th wheel is FINALLY clean again!:) I did work up a sweat with that one! Also, it's kinda hard to stuff food in your mouth when you are busy cleanin.:eek: :7 :p So......now I need to drag my butt down to the basement......ug!......I don't wanna go!

Diana - I don't think I've tried flies with the 25# weights. I know I have done 20 but I don't think Cathe does 25 flies in any of her w/o. I usually just match her weight and it is usually challenging enough to do that. I know I shouldn't get into that rut of just matching her, but I think the X keeps me challenged enough. Cathe still gives me DOMS so it's all good.
The eats have been good today.....mostly nutritous....I made a chicken wrap sandwich with a whole wheat wrap and tomatoes and alphalfa sprouts and some mustard. It was an experiement and a yummy one too!:p I'll be makin that again soon.

Gotta go for a while and get something...anything...done in that damn basement. Once I get down there and get started it probably won't be too bad.

BBL girls

Angie

Well CTX Upper Body is finished. I added in some dead lifts and 4x25 hip thrusts with a 25lb plate. I've decided to skip cardio for today. I need to go grocery shopping and do laundry. Since my to do list was all I could think about I knew my cardio w/o would suffer.

Angie-In most cases I match or go heavier than Cathe. In all the leg workouts I go heavier. I don't use anything less than a 50# bb and usually use 55# or 60#. I would go heavier but it's hard to safely lift over my head. As long as the weight you are using is challenging for you, it is effective. I too need to clean my basement-please send me some motivation:) Tell Cody congratulations on winning his game yesterday:)

Diana

Hey, girls. Another weekend’s already over. Boo. *lol*

Wendy :: I am still continuing to train as though I’m doing a Nov./Dec. half, so it’s gonna be a slow build-up for me, and I’m most comfortable with that as I never want to experience AT again!! I'm sure I err way on the side of caution…Thanks for the boost!…Oh, and WTG on the 4 lbs. down!

Ang :: I ended up going over points this week. DANG!!! My WI is tomorrow, and I’m thinking it will not be pretty, either. So this week will be STRICT. And I don’t have any planned dinners out during the week, so that’s good…Congrats to Cody on his win!…I had yesterday off ~ totally off. :) So, what happened to taking a rest day, woman??

Diana :: the exercise/eating situation is the same for me…Glad you enjoyed CTX u/b + plus your hip thrust add-ons. Never tried that before…You amaze me with the amount that you lift!!

Well, I tried HST for the first time this afternoon. Whoa. Have I told you how much I detest the leg press??? *lol* So, this one spanks me. I liked it a lot and absolutely could not keep up with the pace on the straddle taps. Holy moly!

Found out today that my sister (getting married for the 2nd time aboard a Disney cruise in Nov.) has registered herself at Tiffany & Co. She is asking for a $185 ice cream scoop, for God’s sake. http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/huh.gif I think I’ve seen and heard everything now.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Hey Cathy, great job completing HST. Those one arm tricep dips are really tough for me. You will be keeping up with the straddle taps in no time. Those leg presses work wonders and you'll be happy to have them in your rotation. GREAT JOB!!! I've been re-reading The Butt book and BFFM so I'm trying to incorporate more backside exercises in my everyday w/o's.

For my sisters second wedding, she decided children would not be allowed. Considering she is the youngest of 6 kids and all of her siblings had children I thought it wasn't really appropriate. I asked her what she was going to do with her kids during the wedding and she told me they were participating in the wedding. Go figure!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.