Cabs and Abs Saturday Spectactular!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!:)

Diana: So what cardio did you end up doing y'day? Did your boys shovel for you while you put the Xmas stuff away? I put most of my Xmas stuff away but still have our pathetic excuse for a tree to dismantle (LOL) as well as my Christmas card arrangement.
I am very excited about the X+ work outs. I should get them this coming week. I am going to incorporate them into phase 2. I guess they did not include a leg work out on it's own because I don't think this set of work outs was created to be done as it's own rotation. I guess there's no reason why you couldn't but I don't think it was created that way. I think it was made to mix in with the orginal X's to intensify a rotation. Jess posted that they give you rotations to follow that have both X+ and X work outs in them. The X doesn't have a big focus on legs anyway which is why I mix and match my leg work outs when I do it.

So I have to figure out what work out I am going to do today and I have to figure it out FAST! I only have a few hours before we have to leave the house for the day and I won't have time to work out tonight. We are supposed to be going country dancing tonight with some friends. :) I am battling between Core Syn or an easier core substitute, a fun cathe circuit using light weights or the yoga that I've been putting off all friggin' week!x( Any suggestions?

BBL.

Morning girls

We had my BF and her DH over for pizza last night. I went wayyyyyy over again on calories dang it!x( My pants are feeling tight and I don't like it one bit. I know today will be a challenge.....the day after bad eating always is. I did good until the pizza arrived. I did do Supersets and AR200. Today I think I have a Cathe circuit to do. I might have to add on a short CC workout on the EXT as well.

Wendy - I have an idea.....why don't you come on over and get my Christmas stuff put away? That would burn some calories for you.:D I never got to any of that. It took most of the day to put away everything else and do laundry....so I get the fun of putting that stuff away today.
I say go ahead and do a Cathe circuit. Those go by super fast and are usually pretty darned fun.;-) Besides, you'll also get the extra burn with the dancing, which sounds like lots of fun too.

Diana - I suppose you have all you holiday stuff put away too?
We don't have a Costco near us out here in the boonies.....the nearest one is about 3 hours away.:-(
Glad to hear the wings won, but sorry it happened at the expense of Colorado. I gotta root for the wings since they are the only good Detroit team we have. I mean, look at the Lions.:7 ;( Yes, pathetic!:7
Didya get that long cardio in?

We're finally digging out of a snow storm. We got about 6-8 inches of snow last night and we're supposed to get another storm on New Years eve. Hopefully it sticks around! It's so pretty to look at and it is still coming down.

Check back with ya all later

Angie

Good Morning Ladies,

Oh my, I never did workout yesterday. I do have to say that the house is clean (except the kitchen), the christmas decorations are back downstairs, and the most of the gifts have been put away. I feel pretty good about that. I also want to get the basement cleaned out as it is used for storage, and DH and I want to clean out the garage also. He needs to remove a workbench in order to fit his truck in there. We have a lot to get done this next week. I would also like to paint Cody's old bedroom and get the computer desk moved in there. We only have a week and that might be pushing it. DH has this next week off, but I have to go back to work on Wednesday.

I have a couple of returns and need to hit Target today. I'm afraid the customer service lines will be very long. I also told Amanda I would take her to Kohl's. Her and Cody rec'd some Kohl's gift cards for xmas.

Wendy-Yep, the kids shoveled y'day while I put away stuff and vacuumed. I did go out and help them as the driveway is so big. I agree with Angie-a fun Cathe circuit would go by fast! Country dancing sounds like a great time.

Angie-I hear yah with the bad eating. I haven't been terrible, but we have chocolates, peanuts etc. around and I just want to throw them away. I should've done it yesterday while DH was at work.

Have a great day ladies!

Diana

Hiya again

I did IMAX today. I was thinking of adding on a CC#2 or 1 b/c they are short, but IMAX was enough. I forget how tough that one is. I definitely consider that one HIIT, even though sometimes my HR probably doesn't get low enough to qualify for that. Although, I'm still a bit fuzzy about the rest periods in HIIT.
I've decided for the new year that I'm going to start tracking more closely my net calories and my workouts. I'm going to put everything on a spreadsheet so that I can get a whole month at a glance. This cardio kick I'm on right now certainly makes me feel more fit, but the pants and mirror don't reflect that.:-( Maybe I one of those who get bigger in the legs with cardio. I know that my quads were still a bit shakey from either the CC#6 I did a few days ago or SS from yesterday. I need to figure out how to get the legs smaller!! If that means to do more upperbody and leaving the lower alone as in the P90X workouts, then that's what I'll do. Thus far, P90X is the only thing that has really leaned me out.

Diana - Isn't it funny how the vacation time just seems to fly by? I did manage to get the X-mas stuff out of the upstairs, but it is now just piled up by the storage closet downstairs. I still need to get the tree down and also box everything up and put it away. I really should get rid of some stuff while I'm at it. x(
Hopefully the lines won't be too bad today. Maybe you'll find some good deals.;)
Yup - the eating is my downfall. I still have the home-made chocolates hanging around and a frig full of ham, smoked turkey, cheeses, etc. I also have lots of nuts around too....but I'll keep those.:) And no.....I'm not talking about my family members..*lol*

Later girls

Angie

Hi girls,

I just finished Muscle Max and am trying to decide which cardio do to. It's a toss up between Imax 3 and lowmax.

My xmas stuff is in the basement-but not put away. After we pulled everything out from under the stairs I decided there was plenty of stuff we could get rid of, give away, throw away etc.

I want to start heavy weight training in January but also need to be able to get my cardio in. It wasn't a problem when I could get to the rec ctr at lunch. I'm contemplating starting the X in Jan. with additional leg work and cardio.

Angie-The Imaxs are interval w/o's but I'm not sure they qualify as HIIT as the HR never comes down completely. They are a great addition to any cardio program. My legs are my trouble area as well and for me, I need to do heavy legs or I start feeling flabby. If my legs have to be big, I'd rather they be muscular than flabby and saggy. I did like the results I got with the X, but I really need to lose weight and the X didn't do that for me. My upper body looked pretty good though and I did lose a few inches overall. Do you have lowmax-several reviewers on this forum said their thighs got smaller doing this w/o and kickboxing.

Time to get that cardio started....

Diana

Hi Di:) I have MM on my schedule for tomorrow. How funny is that? I may also add on a short CC w/o on the EXT as well. Fortunatley for me, the X did help me drop pounds the first time around. But when I did the X/Cathe mix...I didn't drop any weight.:-( Oh yea....I've got LM and I like that one, but I'm not a kickboxing kind of girl. I just don't feel safe doing a lot of the moves I guess. It's just not my thing, especially since I do my workouts on carpeting.

I just got done ordering the BFL book, Tasco's eating clean book, and the Clean Eating magazine. So there....that did some damage.:D Hopefully the answer will lie in one of these. I was inspired by Gayles story in the success forum and I think I'm gonna give that a shot. The BFL workouts look a lot like the P90X formula. That seemed to work well for me. I guess it looks like I might have to shorten my workouts....which scares me a little....but I'm gonna give this a shot and see what happens. Hopefully I'll get the BFL book soon and look it over.

I gotta leave for a 50th wedding anniversary party in a couple of hours. I really should start putting away the x-mas stuff. *lol* I don't want to go to this party.....doesn't sound like a load of fun....you know? Maybe it will be surprisingly fun.

Angie

Hi Miss Angie-Imax 3 is history. I started feeling a little dizzy and queasy on interval 7 so I rested during the blast and drank a little water. I finished the rest without any problem. Afterwards, I looked at the clock and discovered it was 2pm, and I haven't eaten anything today. I'm drinking my protein shake with fiber one, frozen strawberries and flax seeds!

I have the BFL book and followed that program years ago. I do like the BFL program and did lose weight following the weight program, but I ran almost everyday back then. Running is what kept my weight off and I haven't found anything else that gives me the same results. Although, I am looking at taking early morning spin classes at the rec ctr-maybe that will help shrink my thighs.

Have fun at the anniversary party!

I'm off to shower and go shopping.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.