CABs and Abs - Saturday Shopping Spree??

angie_nrs

Cathlete
Good morning girls

OMG - I ate way tooooo much yesterday. I was so uncomfortable almost all day. And it didn't seem like I ate A LOT, as compared to last year I guess. I think these frequent smaller meals have really had an impact on shrinking my stomach. Maybe it's all in my head, but hey I'll take it! I will not be doing that again for quite some time. I just wanted to wander off and sleep.
Today I have KenpoX and AR200 to do but I think I'll wait and do it later. I'm actually thinking of hitting the stores today. I'll call mom in a bit and see if she wants to brave it out or not. I would like to buy her a laptop for Christmas. She is always coming over to have me look up something on the computer for her. I think it's time for her to open up the cyber door on her own. I will have to get everything up and running for her and show her that nothing bad will happen by clicking on things and reading through stuff to help her navigate. She's so afraid that she's going to mess something up. Anyways, I need to find a super cheap laptop.....so, if any of you come across a great deal, let me know.;-)

Wendy - A new DVD is always so fun isn't it? I'm glad it's going to be a challenge for you.
So what was for dinner last night?
I bought some sweaters at Kohls last year on clearance and they still have the tags on them. I always have a problem with static cling this time of year and so I usually opt not to wear sweaters. So why did I buy them???? I'm not sure, except they were a great deal.

Cathy - I was surprised that the polar showed low battery already after not even a full year. I haven't sent it in yet. I'm gonna see how much longer I have before it decides to poop out.
I like Larry the Cable Guy too.....in small doses. DH could sit and watch that kind of humor all day long.:7
Christmas cards sound like fun. I'll PM you my address....please do the same.
Did you get your reading done last night?
So do you like the elliptical? Do you think it's something that you will use quite a bit?

Hey Diana - Have you hit the stores?? What workouts are you up to?

Off to get more coffee......

Angie

I got a joke from someone and thought you might get a kick out of it.
I thought of you, Cathy, when I read thru the first set.:)

These are actual comments made on students' report cards by teachers in the
New York City public school system. All teachers were reprimanded (but, boy, are these funny !)

1. Since my last report, your child has reached rock bottom and has started to dig.

2. I would not allow this student to breed.

3. Your child has delusions of adequacy.

4. Your son is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

5. Your son sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.

6. The student has a 'full six-pack' but lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together .

7. This child has been working with glue too much.

8. When your daughter's IQ reaches 50, she should sell.

9. The gates are down, the ligh ts are flashing, but the train isn't coming.

10. If this student were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.

11. It's impossible to believe the sperm that created this child beat out 1,000,000 others.

12. The wheel is turning but the hamster is definitely dead.

These 16 Police Comments were taken off actual police car videos around
the country :

16 'You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just went through.'

15 'Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while.'

14 'If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document.'

13 'If you run , you' ll only go to jail tired.'

12 'Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that's the speed of the bullet that'll be chasing you.'

11 'You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?'

10 'Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?'

9 'Warning! You want a warning? O.K, I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket.'

8 'The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?'

7 'Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in monkey poop.'

6 'Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven .'

5 'In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC.'

4 'How big were those 'two beers' you say yo u had?'

3 'No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we can.'

2 'I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.'

AND THE WINNER IS....

1 'You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't. Sign here.'

Good Morning Cabbers with 6-pack Abbers!}(

I slept way late today. I think I am hangin' around Angie too much! ;) :p I slept until AFTER 9am!:eek:

Cathy: Yes, that's the bosu dvd I have: Reactive Strength and Power with Gay Gasper. I like Gay. Nice personality. Motivating and happy with out being sickeningly bubbly. The work out will not give you rippling muscles but it's definately a good functional fitness tool. It is missing ab work though and that kind of upsets me. :-(
Those digital photo frames are cool. If I hadn't already bought a present for my SIL, I would buy her one this year. Perhaps I'll buy my mom one. She's relatively IMPOSSIBLE to buy for. I struggle every year so this might be a good idea for her. Thanks! :) No worries on the self-indulgent spending on Black Friday. You needed stuff and got it for a great price. Where's the shame in that? You were gonna buy it anyway, right? DH and I ended up at Outback AGAIN! LOL If I don't feel like picking the place he always picks Outback lately. He wants to go out to dinner again TONIGHT! He's tryin' to kill me! LOL I didn't want to go because I hate eating like that too many days in a row. I also didn't want to eat the crap the night before the race but I think I will give in.}( Shhhh...don't tell anyone and maybe it'll be like it never happened!:7 So did this Ifit work out come with your elliptical? I have IClimb #4. I've done it once. It's a good little circuit. I could have gone heavier on the weights though...next time!

Angie: As far as I know, the best way to get a good deal on a computer is to buy parts for cheap and build it yourself. Can you do that or do you know anyone who could? Either that or you should have gone out at 4am and hit the sales y'day!!!!}( We went to Outback for dinner last night. DH ordered the cheese fries for an appy so ofcourse I HAD to have some! UGH! LOL I was good for dinner though...plain grilled chicken and a sweet potato w/no fixins. :) I have issues with static as well. During the colder months is the only time I really bother using fabric softener. It really helps alot.

I'll be back in a bit!

Hey, girls! :) :) :)

Angie :: thanks for the funnies...I'd seen the report card comments one before, but it still makes me chuckle every time. :)...Yeah, I absolutely love the elliptical, and I see myself cross-training with it regularly...have fun if you go shopping today...will shoot you that PM.

Wendy :: oh man, those Outback cheese fries are insane! I went a little heavier than Keith suggested...I used 15s, 12s, and 10s...seemed just about right...Yes, that was stuff I needed to buy, anyway, esp. those darn ski pants. I paid $80, which is actually pretty good. All that gear is so pricey!!...Oh, here is the info on the BOSU instructional/workout DVD...let me know:

BOSU Total Body Workout
Acclimation/warm up
-compressions (shifting weight from one foot to the other atop the dome) + jump/sticks
-squats to the side
-side squat – squat on top – side squat
-basic steps
-one legged balance (lift leg out to side)
abs
-legs in air crunches (10)
-side crunches – waist centered on the dome, legs in scissors position
-legs straight out
-repeat other side

17-18 minutes – segment two

-lunges on dome
-step ups around the dome
-lunges (other leg)
-step-ups
-squat side – 4x – over the dome
-then 2x each side – over the dome
-then singles with cross punches
dome down for pushups
-pushups – just tilt the platform side – center – side with control
-pushups (10)
-child’s pose
dome side up for abs
-rest your lower back right on top of the dome – bicycles
-one leg straight out, opposite arm out above your head – hold
-bridge position: hips on floor – rest back against side of dome – lift hips – rest head back against dome
-sit on top of dome – knees bent, feet apart - round forward to stretch low back

25 minutes – segment 3
-compressions
-tap, knee lift
-compressions
-side tap & knee lift with other leg
-compressions
-side tap with knee lift 4 x
-mogul jumps – side to side – on top of the dome
-side tap with knee lift – 4 x on other side
-mogul jumps
-repeat
-compressions
-squats
-squat/jump/stick
-compressions
-kneel down on dome on one knee – hold other knee out to the side
-change legs, repeat
abs
-V-sits – sit on dome, lean back, lift one leg up (it’s like boat pose with knees bent) – rotate feet from side to side
-supermans on dome
-superman (just balance, no movement for a few seconds) – then bend knee and try to touch with opposite hand

(finishes at 34 min.)

Haaa...BF is texting me, trying to find out what the surprise is, what to wear, etc. I think she suspects we are doing something crazy that will involve us being airborne. *lol* I told her to wear clean underwear and have a drink beforehand.

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA. After work on Thursday we went to MIL's for TG dinner. It was wonderful. I tried to keep my eating in check but ended up eating more than I wanted. I did have salad, turkey, ham and a sweet potato. Sounds pretty good so far huh? Well it was all the picking I did afterward. I also had 2 pieces of german chocolate pie. My SIL makes it every year-it is so delicious.

I slept in on Friday morning and Amanda and I went shopping around 10am. Since I'm not buying any big ticket items this year I didn't need to be out at 4am. We didn't have much luck at all. I went in to circuit city and line to get out was wrapped through the aisles, I just turned around and left.

We did get our Christmas tree up last night too. We went bare minimum on the house decorations though. A couple of tables that we use to decorate have been down in the basement so we only put a few things up. I'm considering having a company come put up the lights on the house. I think it's $100 and they will put up and take down the outside lights and decorations. DH always put up the outside lights when the kids were little, and Cody put them up the last few years.

I ended up taking Thurs and Fri as rest days so I need to get busy today. I thought about doing MIS and MIC today and a long cardio tomorrow. But now I think I'd rather doing Leaner legs and a cardio today, and an upper body and cardio tomorrow. I've decided to follow fitness freaks endurance rotation starting on Monday.

My MIL is taking all of us out to lunch today for my dad's 80th birthday. They really can't afford it since our family has grown so much. Many of the grandkids have SO's and kids of their own. I told her I would give her a check for my family's portion including Amanda.

Cathy-It sounds like you love your new elliptical. I'm so happy for you (and a tad bit jealous). I'm sure your new piece of equipment will get plenty of use.

Wendy-Is your race tomorrow? I hope the weather is good for your run tomorrow. I can tell you it has been freezing here the last couple of days.

Angie-As far as laptops, you might want to check the dell website. DS bought one earlier this year for $600 that would probably work fine for someone just perusing the internet. Another place is overstock.com.

Laura-Hope you're enjoying the long weekend and that DH is feeling better.

Have a great day ladies,

Diana

I'm back from Kohls but actually need to get back there again at some point today. I realized after I had left that I forgot to look for something. The sales are phenominal and the lines weren't bad so I want to take advantage as much as I can! I spent over $150.00 and didn't buy a single Christmas gift!:p See Cathy, you are not the only one! Don't feel bad girl!}(

I bought 2 dressy tops for myself cause I really don't have any. 2 thermal type tops, 2 pairs of low rise flare legged sweat pants, 1 regular scoop neck pull over sweater, 1 black zip front hoodie and 1 long sweater jacket type deal that's really sharp looking. That's all for me. }( Then I bought DH 2 turtle necks for work and 2 pull over fleece tops he needs. I think that's it. I could have bought lots more but I was trying to control myself!:7 I need to go back for Joey though. He needs a winter jacket and maybe a pair of boots for the snow (if we get any) as well.

I'll be back!:)

Wow, you got some great deals Wendy! I love shopping the sales at Kohl's. Since having worked there, I know not to buy anything unless is it at least 30% off. If it's not marked down that much, it soon will be. Oh, and the best sale days to shop on Wednesdays and Saturdays as you will get the best deals.

I ended up doing Bodymax (original) through all the leg work but stopped short of doing upper body. I plan on doing upper body and cardio tomorrow.

We are heading out for lunch now.

BBL

Diana

Diana,

I think most of what I bought was half price! It was ATLEAST 30% off though. Kohl's is awesome. I love that store!

Good job on Body Max! The leg circuits in that one are tough! I did them once to get in some HIIT and it fit the bill nicely. }(

Off to do yoga now....BBL.

:)

Hi girls

I just got back from shopping. I didn't have much luck. The stores were pretty empty but there was really nothing good left to buy. I did get an ipod accessory pack for $20 that is normally $50. Now, I just need an ipod to go with it. Maybe on cyber Monday there will be some ipod deals somewhere.

Wendy - Sounds like you hit the jackpot at Kohls.:) Did you also have a 15% off Christmas coupon? I got one in the mail a couple of days ago.
In the winter here, the fabric softner isn't enough to combat the static. I really need a good humidifier, but I have no place to put one. Sometimes I use a mini-one, but it doesn't do a very good job.
As far as the laptop, there weren't any deals to be had on laptops around here even on Black Friday. I had my laptop made by the local computer store and I'm thinking of doing that for mom, but maybe I'll find a deal on that on Monday too.
Your cheese fries sound yummy! I used to order a chili cheese fri dish at a restaurant downstate. It was to die for!!!

Cathy - I'm so glad you like your elliptical.:) That'll be nice on the joints I'll bet. I totally forgot to talk to sis about hers.:eek:
Whats your surprise for BF?

Diana - No Dell for me!! LOL! After the problems I had with the last one I had, I would not buy one even if it were free.x( I'm a bit of a grudge holder. I never thought to look on overstock though, I'll have to do that. Thanks for the suggestion.
German chocolate pie?? :9 I'm getting hungry!
Good to know about the Kohls sales days on Wed and Sat. Always good information to tuck away. I have noticed that almost everything there is on sale. I have definitly found some good bargains there.

OK, I'd better get downstairs and get kenpo out of the way. I bought some broth and noodles so I'll be making some turkey noodle soup or possibly even going out for dinner. DH is out hunting and the kids are at Grandmas!!! Life is good!!!!

Angie

I just finished Baron's Journey Into Power 2. :)

Cathy: "yogic" IS a word! Baron uses it at the end of the work out I just did!:7

Angie: Sorry your shopping was a bummer. Nice to have time alone with out the men or the kids, ey? I am lovin' it this weekend! I thought I might be bored but I am not!:) As far as a coupon for Kohl's goes, I probably have a coupon around here some where but more often then not I forget about them unless I get one and THAT is what spurs me on to go shopping. I'm such a dope at times! LOL

Diana: You've had a busy past couple of days. I hope you get some down time soon. Working on a holiday stinks but atleast you really enjoyed the Thanksgiving meal afterwards. How are Amanda and the twins doing these days? :)

BBL.

Di :: hope you enjoyed the b'day lunch with your family...sorry Circuit City turned out to be a bust...I try to avoid the electronics stores...it has just gotten too nuts.

Wendy :: sweet deals @ Kohl's...so, are you heading out to dinner tonight, after all?...I was pretty sure I *had* heard the term "yogic" before. :)

Angie :: I surprised her with a massage...she never had one before and said she really, really enjoyed it. We both agreed we needed to go home and take naps before we all head out tonight. *lol* Afterward, we ate a nice, big lunch at P.F. Chang's...Enjoy your alone time!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

I just got back from shopping at kohl's. I spent $500 and that was after my 15% coupon. I did get a lot of Christmas shopping done so I feel pretty good about it. I will still need to hit an electronics store but can do that another time.

My tree is up and it's time to wrap presents!

Diana

Hi girls

This afternoon was Wendy's chili and tonight was pizza.:7 All this after stuffing myself the last 2 days!! I think I have lost my mind. I have lots to make up for next week that's for sure.

We went shopping this afternoon and it just occurred to me that there really was not very many people in the stores. I'm hoping this means that there will be even bigger discounts coming up. I want to get DH a bigger TV since we only have a 29" in the living room. I was hoping to get him a 37" or bigger depending upon price. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled.

Wendy - Best of luck with your run tomorrow. Hopefully you will get a peaceful and restful nights sleep and good weather tomorrow. Knock em' dead girl!!

Cathy - How sweet of you to take BF for a massage. What a neat idea. My BF is in Belize right now. She'll be coming back late tonight.....can't wait to talk to her about Belize. I think it's wonderful you and BF are connecting again. ;-) So, is Sunday for catching up on your mandatory reading??

Di - Wow! You hit the jackpot at Kohls too! It must feel nice to get all those gifts taken care of. I can NOT believe you are decorating and wrapping gifts already. I told DH he needs to get the tree in the house tomorrow so we can get it ready hopefully within the next week or so. I need to do some major cleanmax tomorrow before I even think about decorating.

Good night

Angie

Hey girls,

A late drop-in for me...just came in from drinks with BF. It wound up being just the two of us. It was quite the cast of characters out there tonight. I can't even begin to describe, but we had fun.

Diana :: nice job on making a dent in your x-mas shopping. And your tree is up - you're good to go just about, it sounds like.

Angie :: BF loved the massage...she is talking about getting them more regularly...I did caution her, though, as they plan to start trying for the baby next week. I am pretty sure you cannot get regular massages when expecting...Yeah, it's cool we have reconnected. Things are pretty good. I'm not quite following her train of thinking, though...If all goes according to her plan, she will be giving birth in September...Yet she is talking of taking a trip to Aruba in November and is getting her application papers together for her PhD...It's almost like she wants to have it all RIGHT NOW, and I'm not sure how realistic she is being about it. But I keep my mouth shut.

See you all in the AM! I can't wait to get back on that elliptical. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.