Cabs and Abs Pre-Roadtrip Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Ang/Di: So who ever gets to the hotel first on Friday needs to call the other one on the cell phone to arrange where/when to meet up, okay? :)
I am also hoping you girls will get to the hotel before most folks leave for the gym and that maybe Cathy will have a few mins to spare to come in and say hi. I haven't seen her since we met for last year's R/T crashing party we had! LOL

Laura: And I thought I had alot of exercise clothes! OMG! I have 2 small drawers packed with stuff but I think you have more then me. Ofcourse, you teach so I guess I should expect this, right? 100 pairs of sox!? Holy toledo girl! I think you have an addiction and need some help! LOL

So today's work out plan is 4DS C&B plus a short run at the gym.

Off to get more coffee but I'll be back!

4DS C&B is in the bag. Will head to the gym in about an hour for a short run. Hopefully I will get some company in here in the mean time! LOL

Tuesday

I am feeling a bit more like myself today .. after venting to VBF and SIL and them helping me to gain a little more perspective .. OH and my class ... OH MY ... I worked the crap outta everyone ... relieved LOTS of stress there .. that is for sure .. whew! Maybe things will be better and vacation will be fun .. we are headed to Biloxi!!:eek: plenty there to keep my mind of the troubles!! LOL

Wendy .. LMAO at the addiction and socks comment!! :D Well .. the story w/the socks is .. I live like 35 minutes from work .. and I have a tendancy to forget my socks .. so I am always running lat minute to wallyworld or riteaide to purchase socks for my w/o .. and HEY .. SIL has this same addiction .. thank you very much .. LOL!!! We laugh all the time b/c how can you have so many white socks and so many of them don't match??? What happens to them??? LOL

Ang .. not a morning person huh? I am not either .. but I am always up w/the crack of light .. ILL .. NON functioning .. but up ... but somehow I am always the last to bed to?? go figure... party girl . night owl AND early riser!! LOL

Di .. back to work ..reality sucks huh?? today is my Friday .. LOL .. so that alone is lifting my spirits!! any BC news to report??

Class last night was HOT .. it was 100 degrees when I left work .. and even though the air was on .. it just didn't get cool enough by the time all those bodies started heating up .. I did do circuit .. but OMG .. I did the circuit where we step .. then do 3 sets of lower body work starting w/heavy weight, med. weight then light - no weight .. YOWZA my legs were on fire and shaking!! Tonight is 4 step plank/plyo/and upper body shaping!

Have a funeral today (not helping my mood) . . boss's father in law .. so will be doing that at lunch .... my nephew starts FIRST GRADE tommorrow . he is so excited ... he doesn't want to take his book bag off .. LOL .. he is such a little independent thing!! Growing up so fast .. :confused:

Ok ladies . . have a great one .. I will BBL to see what you are up to!

Hi all

I'm losing my mind I swear! I'm getting that overwhelmed feeling and I don't like it. I been making calls today to get Mags into the vet before we leave for her 2nd round of shots and trying to find a place to board her next week while we are off to nascar race. I think I finally have things figured out.
Gma and Gpa just picked up the boys to take them to an outdoor water park b/c it is HOT here today. I'm so glad they are gone, b/c I now have to clean and pack. I had the house cleaned up Saturday and the family has already managed to trash it!:mad: I'm likely to be a total beeiotch until I get outta this house on Friday.:rolleyes:

Wendy - That plan should work just fine. When I check in to the airport on Friday, I'll tell them that I'll take the earlier flight they have from CLE if I can make the transfer on time. I'm not sure if they will do that or not, but if the later flight is booked up, I'll bet they'll make the effort. So, there is a very slight chance that maybe I may get in early.....although, I doubt it. We'll for sure keep you posted though.
Hmmmmm - 4DS. I was thinking maybe lowmax today, but maybe I'll consider a 4DS workout - they fly by!

Laura - Aren't close friends just the best?? I don't know how I would keep my sanity without my BF. They do have a tendency to put things in perspective dont they? Glad they were able to diffuse the sitation a bit. Is this still lingering issues about the beach house? I don't mean to intrude, so if you don't feel like talking about it that's OK.
Happy Friday to you! Maybe a vacation is just the thing to bring the two of you back together again. It's awfully hard to be mad at someone when you are relaxing with CABs. Although, it can be done....been there.;) *lol*
Wow - school starts early in your neck of the woods. I can't wait until school starts here!! The boys are getting restless and are driving me crazy. Plus, I hate it when they are here alone since they eat everything that isn't nailed down and tend to be on the messy side...believe it or not.:confused: On the bright side though, they do watch the pup. I'm not sure if I'm gonna have to take her to work with me or what I'm gonna do there. I really don't want to do that since the shop is so dirty. I guss I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there.

Hi Di - hope work is going OK for you today.

Gotta go and get packing...........BBL

LOL Laura . I'm LMBO at your forgetting your sox for class cause that's something that I would do! I feel your pain on the sox w/o matches. I swear the dryer eats them! :confused:

Ang: Feeling overwhelmed? I feel your pain. I get like that too and can't stand it. It makes me want to throw my hands up and do NOTHING! I have to clean my house up real good before I leave too. I know about cleaning and having it go to pot cause of the family. My DH, dog and DS need to learn how to clean up after themselves! :p I will leave the house looking nice when I leave on Friday and gaurantee you I will NOT be happy with it's condition come Sunday afternoon when I arrive back home. :mad: I need to finish washing clothes so I can get my stuff together. I also need to print out all of the forms I will need...heck, I need to READ them so that I KNOW which ones I will need! LOL

Di: After our conversation about marathon training I've actually decided to up my mileage while I train for my 18 miler. LOL I was going to run 2-3 days per week but I've decided on 3-4 instead if I can swing it. I figured out a rotation that includes 4 runs a week that should work for me for this month atleast and still allows for ample weight training as well. We'll see what happens.

So I finally got my arse to the gym around 11am and did Itread 27/30 mins Drills. I logged 3 miles and it felt good. I'd like to try to get one more run in before I leave on Friday (in addition to the rest of my planned work outs). We'll see what happens. I can only do what I can do, right? :)

OMG - crackin' up at your post Wendy - I couldn't agree more and easily could've written your post. I'm the exact same way with the overwhelmed feeling. I get soooo grumpy and don't want to do anything. After the kids left though, I have cleaned up a bit, b/c I know it will stay that way for a couple of hours while they are gone. I also went online and wrote out my directions to the airport and am trying to nail down my depart time from home. It looks like 5 am.:confused: I also called RR to arrange for pickup on Sunday. I told them my flight was at 1:15 and that it was suggested my pick up time be 10:15. They said I would make it in plenty of time if they picked me up at 10:30 to 10:45, so I hope they are right. I'm at their mercy since I have no idea where I am or where I'm going. They asked for the address, which I told them I didn't have but could get if they needed it. I told them I was a Cathe RT'er.....you'd think they would know?? Later he said, "oh, I know where that is". Ummmm - I sure hope so! *lol*
I may be nixing a w/o on Saturday too. 3 of them in one day would be a tall order. I guess I'll see how I feel on Saturday and go from there.
And, yes, I don't expect to be in a good mood when I walk thru the door on Sunday.......I know it will not look the same as when I left.:eek:
I'm getting jitters......

Ang,

I need to look at Saturday's class schedule. I will sit out the one I like the sounds of the least I think. Check it out. Perhaps we can sit the same one out and hang together while the others sweat! ;)

Ang .. thank goodness the beach house is resolved and put away on a shelf for us!! No this is something totally seperate .. mainly him on long hours and no sleep - and overreactions on both parts... well .. long story short .. we have a tenant that rents this house from us .. FEMALE tenant that has a tendancy to FLIRT w/DH ... OK .. she is fat/lazy - a smoker - ditzy - and a totaly LOOPY non stop talker (so not my DH type) .. well I happened upon a "text" she sent him ON HIS CELL (WTH?) giving him her CELL # (double WTH) .. and signed xoxoxo - Heather .. (TRIPLE WTF?) OK .. imagine the Hiroshima bomb .. my reaction was similar! Well his short fuse combined w/mine resulting in a nuclear meltdown of overreactions and stupid argument ... this combined w/a family DRAMA .. took it's toll on my sanity! Once I vented and thought logically I know I overreacted .. and he overreacted .. he was insulted that I would actually think he would mess around much less w/a person like this dumb@$$ ... but once again .. he is a MAN .. not that I dont trust him so much .. but I KNOW she is flirting and would gladly oblige if he so wanted (if you kow what I mean) .. LOL .. but I have calmed down ...after a formal investigation launched by VBF and myself we have determined he not only does NOT have the time NOR desire to risk our relationship . .nor has he shown me ANY signs of any odd behavior .. he would be a complete idiot to try anything like that b/c he knows I would be gone!! LOL ..

UUMMM .. but this one is keeping a close eye out on the DITZ though .. better safe than sorry .. LOL!!!

PS .. on a good note ..

I got my health screenings back .. My numbers WERE EXCELLENT!!:D .. My HDL (good chol.) was 85 ... (ideal is above 40) .. my LDL (bad chol.) was 110 (ideal below 130) .. my weight was exactly the same ... my "life" test scored me happy and low stress level (I think they messed up on that evaluation ..LOL) :confused:... the only reccommendations was to learn to relax more (duh) .. and watch the CABS :mad: WHAT?

but I had an excellent report!!! :eek: .. time to celebrate .. CABS all around!! LOL

Hi ladies,

I got on the computer this morning before my workout and that is a big no no for me. I ended up doing through segment 6 of lowmax and was almost 30 minutes late for work! Can't be doing that very often. I brought my workout bag to go running today but am not sure if I will have the chance to get out of here. It's already 1:30 and its hot outside.

I'm so looking forward to the weekend! You can tell we are all a little stressed/excited right now.

Wendy-I'm glad you found a suitable running program to train for your 18 miler. Good Job with 4DS and running!

Angie-I need to leave my house at 5am also. DS is taking me to the airport, about 20-25 minutes away. If you take an earlier flight, what time will you be getting into Philly? Sorry things have been so hectic for you. I planned on calling RR on Friday from the hotel. Are you being picked up from the 5 points restaurant?

Laura-I too would be pi$$ed if my DH received a text message like that! I'm even bothered that a couple of DH's female coworkers have his cell number. I'm definitely the jealous type. Your test results are excellent. If we could have such glowing reports! Have a great vacation in Biloxi. I'm sure it will be fun!!

H'lo, ladies! :)

Just droppin' in with a suggestion for the RT'ers...

Depending on what time we make it to the hotel from the airport, what do you think of squeezing in a short hang if you girls are not in a rush to get to the gym?

You could check into your rooms and then we can stop by one of several restaurants (e.g. Chili's, Applebee's, Pizzeria Uno, etc.) which are within minutes from the hotel, have a CAB and/or bite to eat, and then I can run ya's over to the gym.

I do understand if you'd rather try to get to the Four Seasons as close to 4 pm as possible, but I just thought I'd throw it out there as an option.

H'lo, ladies! :)

Just droppin' in with a suggestion for the RT'ers...

Depending on what time we make it to the hotel from the airport, what do you think of squeezing in a short hang if you girls are not in a rush to get to the gym?

You could check into your rooms and then we can stop by one of several restaurants (e.g. Chili's, Applebee's, Pizzeria Uno, etc.) which are within minutes from the hotel, have a CAB and/or bite to eat, and then I can run ya's over to the gym.

I do understand if you'd rather try to get to the Four Seasons as close to 4 pm as possible, but I just thought I'd throw it out there as an option.

You have my vote! Just keep me posted! :)

Greetings cabbers

I finally got most of my stuff packed. I just have the last minute stuff that I can't pack quite yet. I have 3 workout outfits and a pair of shoes in my duffle and the other 2 in my suitcase. That should do it if anything happens to my bag.
After packing I did lowmax...forgot that one is a bit long but it sure did kick some calories of out me. However, with the kids gone, DH and I decided to go out to eat. I wanted salmon but they were out so I opted for the sirloin.....yummy!! Lots o' protein right??? Lets just forget about the bread and fries too.:p

Wendy - I most definitely want to do the first step class. After that is either BC or LB blast. It's up in the air as far as what group we are in when those w/o will be. I guess we'll just have to see how we feel and go from there. Who knows? Maybe the adrenaline will be pumpin so much that we'll want to do them all.

Laura - I'm sure you're on vacation now, but what a mess you have to deal with. So sorry about that. I'm not generally the jealous type, but then again I never see anyone throwing themselves at my man either. It's pretty easy not to react when there is nothing to react to. *lol* How do you keep from going over there and giving her your 2 cents? Never mind......probably the possiblilty of life without parole may answer that question eh?:eek:
Great job with those numbers! Crackin up at the CABs comment. I feel that at least I deserve a little splurge on the weekends after being so good (at least with exercise) during the week. Maybe that's just a justification for me, but hey, it works.

Diana - I would only get in about an hour earlier if they let on the earlier flight in CLE. I was going to book that one to begin with, but it only left a 30 minute layover and I was afraid that would cut it just too close, especially with the possibility of bad weather.
Yes, RR will be picking me up at the 5 points at 10:30-10:45. As far as I know, I am the only one going at that time, so the fee was $35. They didn't ask for a credit card or anything so I went ahead and booked. They will call and confirm on Saturday. I didn't want to wait until the last minute to book b/c I wanted to make sure that they had me at the top of their list. With my luck they would be booked up and I would be stranded. I just figured the more stuff I can get taken care of now, the better.

Hey Cathy - I too would love to get together and have a CAB or two.:D Ohhhhhhh that sounds like so much fun!! :):)

Gotta get my arse to bed.....night all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.