CABs (Abs optional) :) Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin’, girls…

Struggled to get out of bed today…Wound up working til about 10-ish last night…long day…productive but long! I'm feelin' intense DOMS in the legs now from Sunday’s kettlebell workout. Yeowch!

Angie :: Excellent idea to have the kids teach MIL on the computer…I recommend www.itrackr.com to help you find a Wii. Register with the site (it’s free) and you can see (and even receive alerts via text or email) which local stores may have it in stock. Call the store to verify, but then you can shoot over and pick it up. I found my Wii within a day of looking once I registered…Yes, the climbing gas prices are alarming—more so for a business like yours, I’m sure…oh OK, I thought you had an iPod, for some reason…I forget now why I even mentioned it, actually…the kettlebell workout is more functional fitness, I think, but works the whole body…it involves swinging the bells all sorts of different ways. I can’t believe the kind of DOMS I’m feeling from it…I have been keeping my eye out for winter boots but haven’t liked the style of any of ‘em, so it stinks that the pink is nowhere to be found…Usually I don’t even see the UPS driver, but I know it changed not long ago, and it’s a woman now. That's no fun :)...The 3/30 deadline is when my portfolio materials have to be postmarked. The test is in early June.

Wendy :: So, what is the deal with the Troylite bar? Sounds like a good price. Do I need this thing? :)…I’ve checked in with a couple of ski buds, but for various reasons, that weekend doesn’t seem to be working out for anyone. I wasn’t sure if I would need those days to finalize my portfolio or not, anyway, so it’s safer this way. I so wish that had been a good weekend for you, though!

Took last night as a rest night from working out, so I’d like to do something tonight -- TBD. Not sure if I will get back here or not.

Have a great night!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Good Morning Cabbers!:)

I have work this morning and Upper+/Abs Core+ this afternoon.

I usually got to MIL's for dinner on tues nights but not sure about that for today. She usually calls on Monday to find out if we are coming and she didn't call. I guess I'll give her a buzz this afternoon...

Cathy: IA. I am bummed that I am busy the last week of March. Wish you could have found someone to head up there with ya though. We will still have to bat around weekends to hang out. Once your load is lighter maybe we can start lookin' at the calander again.
Do you own a barbell? I got the Troylite b/c it's only 5# and it's rubber coated so it'll be more comfortable. The one I have is cold steel and it's 13#-UGH!. I bought it cause I couldn't find anything else at the time. Cathe uses BB's a lot in her work outs so you may want to consider it. You don't HAVE to have it but I am glad I bought one. :)

BBL!

Morning Ladies ..

Geeze it has been a wild morning .. DH was up all night throwing up .. he is NEVER sick .. and he is pitiful!! I think he has food poisoning .. we cooked some scallops and tuna last night .. I ate it too .. and I am NOT sick.. but it only takes ONE bad one. but he is one sick puppy .. and of course I have nothing in the medicine cabinet for him. Poor Baby .. I may have to zoom home at lunch and take him something!!

then my BF called (the one that just lost her Dad) .. she had a wreck yesterday .. got hit on on her way home .. someone tried to cross the highway and hit her and spun her into oncoming traffic .. luckily no one hit her on the opposite lane .. and she ran down an embankment .. eerily similar to her father's wreck .. Thank GOD she is ok .. her back is hurt .. and her truck probably totaled .. bless her heart.. she has been thru it .. seems when it rains it pours!!;(

anywho .. I had an excellent WO yesterday 1/2 cardio 1/2 sculpting! Really thought I would have major DOMS in the shoulders b/c they were on FIRE last night .. but so far so good!

Wendy ... where did you get your troylite bar??? I have a bar but need extra weights and they no longer make them (it was the old Firm barbell) .. but I think reg. weights should be doable on it .. I really need to measure it .. b/c I love the bar .. it is padded and very comfortable! But if I cant find heavier weight I am going to have to break down and get something else!

Cathy - congrats on the productive day!! It is always a good feeling to have a productive day .. even though it is draining .. better than spinning your wheels (like me) and NOT making any head way!! LOL

Ang - glad you got a kick outta my doggie exercise .. :) .. I know I did!! TOO funny!! and I am w/you on STS .. I am chomping at the bit to get my little hands on it .. what is up w/all the complaining on the boards about outfits ... being on the fence .. etc .. GEEZE people lighten up .. you know!!

Di - hope you are getting better .. the bug must be really getting you down huh?? Hope the twins are not affected by the nasty bug!

OK .. depending on how well DH is fairing .. if I dont have to go home .. I intend on working chest and back at lunch 4DS .. and tonight will be 4 step/plank/plyo/core torture!!}(

Ok Ladies .. have a wonderful productive and energetic day!! :7

Hey Girls.

Changed my plan for this afternoon and did TB+ instead of Upper+ as well as A/C+. Now I gotta hit the showers and get the munchkin up.

Not sure what we will do with the rest of our evening. No dinner at MIL's tonight. We had our wires crossed and now it's too late. By the time I get up there it will way later then usual and I'll have to eat and come right back home. Oh well.

Anyway, I'll be back later for personals.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi!:)

Hi Cabbers

HIS is done, weight portion first. It seems to make a difference since I feel like I certainly have more power to put into it at the beginning.
MIL and I had an OK day. It seems that we could never really find what we were looking for. She decided not to go for the computer right now. I think the economy right now is scaring her too, especially since she is on a fixed income. I think she basically just wanted to get out of the house. I bought a GF grill at walmart that has the detachable surfaces that go in the dishwasher. Gotta love that!

Cathy - So glad abs were optional today. ;-) I've been struggling with getting up in the morning too. It's so darned dark in the morning again and it's really messin' with my head!
Thanks for the tip on the Wii. I wonder how long it will be before the manufacturer finally catches up with all the demand.
That'll be such a load off when you get that portfolio in the mail. Do you think you will mail it out early at all or will you be sending it out on the 30th?

Wendy - Woohooo on the BB! I got a lightweight one with the weight bench I bought a while back. I use it more than the bench itself.:7 So, now I have 2 which is nice b/c I don't have to re-load the bar so much on some of Cathe's workouts.
Maybe you should order out a pizza tonight??:p :9 *lol* But, if you prefer chicken fajitas, come on over!

Laura - Poor DH. :( Gosh I hope he's feeling better by now. If it's food poisoning, there's likely nothing you can buy to make him feel better anyways. It just has to work it's way thru.
Man, your BF sure has a string of bad luck going right now. So glad she wasn't hurt.
Hey, I'm considering a 42 inch Vizio or Sanyo TV. What do you (your friend) think of either of those brands? I was leaning towards the Vizio, but it has a black shiney surface around it which I think will have constant fingerprints on it. So, now I'm thinking the Sanyo is the one I'm more serious about.

Hi Diana - I hope all is going well.

I'm gettin' hungry.....time to go get the fajitas started.:9

Angie

Quick post for me, girls.

Laura :: thank God your friend is OK. She really is having a rough go of things lately. Sorry DH is ill. Sounds awful! I hope he recovers quickly.

Wendy :: I do have a BB...I often sub DBs for it, though. It's cumbersome, and I don't always feel like schlepping it around the house. Sounds good re: gtg plans.

Angie :: I don't think I'll get this thing out early, no...Yeah, today's thread title was inspired by Wendy opting for Bacardi instead of Tony. Loved that! :)...So, MIL is holding off on the 'puter. Maybe since her use of it would be limited, she would be safe with a very basic model.

OK, girls...I am debating whether to do more work, work out, or zonk out. :) Maybe a nap and then a workout and I'll save the NB work for tomorrow night...decisions...

Have a great night!
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've literally been in bed since Thursday night. I still feel pretty miserable but will force myself to go to work tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I have no workouts to report. I did manage to order the STS series before the prices went up.

Laura-sorry dh is so sick. I hope he feels better soon. I'm so sorry your friend was in an accident. She has certainly had more than her share of bad things.

Angie-hope you find a computer suitable for MIL. My parents and MIL basically use their computers for email and to download their digital pictures. As a business owner, at some point in time you will need to charge more to make up for the increase in gas prices.

Wendy-I must've missed that you chose bacardi over Tony. Must've been a very weak moment for you!

Cathy-I think you should nap first-then when you wake up you can decide what to do.

Diana

Hey Angie ..

Not sure about the Vizio .. but Sanyo is a good brand to go with!! think you will be happy with that!!!:)

Meant to tell you ... DH gets on it about deisel and gas prices .. if you ever want to vent .. just call him up .. b/c man every time we fill up I get it from him. and it IS scary .. and I so worry about the shape of our country .... very scary .. gas and deisel .. now food and dairy ... and all the imports from China and contaminated products ...

.. I am glad I am a country girl and we stock our freezers full of venison and fish .. and try to grow most of our veggies ... b/c it REALLY is scary ...

OK .. hoping off the soap box ... PIA has been gone all day :) :D :7 .. it has been a quiet afternoon!!:D

OK .. better run .. off to torture my gals!! Have a great one!!:7

Hello again

Hey Di - Glad to hear you are at least starting to feel "somewhat" human again. Man, you must've had one nasty bug. Is the family feeling better too?
Oh, we have had a fuel surcharge on for a couple of years now. It goes up when fuel goes up and goes down when fuel goes down (as if). But what bothers me is that there's a point when it just isn't feasible to do the work anymore. And, it's getting more and more difficult to get a timely payment for services rendered. It's just really spooky right now. Unfortunately with trucking, you do the job and then (hopefully) get paid. Yet in the meantime, I still have to pay employees, insurance, fuel bills, etc. and hope and pray I get checks in the mail.

Laura - Thanks for the info. on Sanyo. I feel much better knowing that is a good brand.
Your DH must have a diesel eh? Maybe it's different up here, but people don't generally squawk until the unleaded gas goes up. I don't think folks, up here anyways, realize that it's the diesel fuel prices that's causing the massive inflation because the shipping trucks use diesel fuel.
I hear you about everything else too. I'm glad I'm not a kid in this environment. They've got some huge problems heading their way. I'm glad we have teachers out there like Cathy who'll make these kids smart so they can figure out our messes.;-)

Ooops....looks like I need to climb off that soap box too.:p

Maybe a good night's sleep will put me in a better mood.

Angie

Alrighty girls...I should be in bed already but I started watching American Idol and now I can't shut it off!:p :7

So I ended up doing a 2nd work out tonight. I did the leg portion of Legs and Back in order to make the rest of my workout week easier. It just wasn't fitting anywhere else very well at all. I've changed too much in my rotation for the week so I am now having to do some fancy footwork now to get everything in. Oh well. *shrugs shoulders*

Laura: Sorry about your poor friend and the car wreck. Unbelievable that that happened to her but thank goodness she's OKAY!!!! Sorry about DH too. I hope he's better soon! I ordered my troylite bar from here:

http://www.fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html

Angie: Bite your tongue w/the pizza comment girl!:p :7

Cathy: Wondering what you decided to do tonight...work out or NB stuff? :)

Diana: Sorry you've been so sick. Hope you are on the road to recovery by now. Yes, choosing the bacardio over Tony was a VERY weak and rare moment for me! ;) I made up for it tonight though by doing an after dinner work out! }(

K, AI is about done...atleast I HOPE SO! Off to bed with me girls!

Catch youse tomorrow!;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.