Cabs and Abs Mondays: Love em or Hate em?

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Cabbers!

I personally HATE Mondays! Even as a SAHM when I didn't work on Mondays I STILL hated 'em! LOL There is just a stigma attached to them that I can't shake. x(

Cathy: Yeah, I defunked my facebook account over the weekend. I was getting really frustrated with it. I don't really know how to use it. There are soooo many functions that can be enabled/disbled, blah blah blah. I have 3 "friends" on there and one of them was overrunning me with all of the stupid cr@p that they offer. It's cute IF you use it sparingly but he was going incredibly overboard with it. UGH! I just cancelled it. I am going to wait a while and then perhaps I'll re-join and maybe he won't ever look for me again. ;)

Angie: Hope you get those pics taken soon. I would like to wait until DH can take them in the morning but with the O/T he's workin', I don't know when that will be so I think I'll have to bite the bullet and let him do it one night this week. x( I am not going to weigh/measure today. I am going to wait until the end of the week. I started weighing myself one time per week on thurs or fri so I will just stick with that and measure at the same time.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good Morning,

Well Monday's aren't my favorite day either. I didn't exercise at all over the weekend. After spending time at the hospital with Amanda and just taking care of errands and laundry I just didn't feel up to it. I did drag myself out of bed and did L&G this morning. I have to admit that L&G is not one I enjoy doing at all. I prefer more barbell work along the lines of GS Legs or PS Legs, or even LL. It's a nice change of pace for me though.

Amanda is still in the hospital, they are playing it day by day. She continues to have what they call preterm contractions (not preterm labor). Her cervix isn't dilating but the preterm contractions could start that at any time. She was given steroid shots to help the babies lungs develop quicker. We are just in wait and see mode.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Diana

Diana: Rough weekend. Glad you were able to push through L&G today. The times when you least want to work out are probably the times you could use it most (aside from being sick). Glad you made it happen. Good for you! Well, hospitals aren't fun but atleast they aren't pushing Amanda out the door w/o being confident she and her little ones are safe. Better she stay put if they are unsure. She can be properly watched and given medication if/when she needs it. Prayers are still comin' your/her way!

Well, lunch is done, coffe is done and DS is in bed. This means that it is finally time for me to don the work out duds and get to X'ing!}( I'm feeling like my usual sleepy self after having worked this morning but I really don't have time to nap before working out so I'm counting on the work out to wake me up! LOL I'll be back to let you know how day 1 of round 2 went! :p

Toodles!

Hello Ladies ..

It is the THIRD of the month AND a Monday .. dang!! We are SWAMPED in here ...

.. the article: well the jerk that put it in the paper may have wanted to make me look bad .. but from the feedback I am getting it did nothing but make him look like the fool he is .. have had many "way to go girl"s .. and "it is about time someone said what all of us know" .. etc . . SO FAR .. LOL .. the peice of crap is not online yet .. I am hoping he does not put it online .. DH has not read it .. he does not pay attention to the crap in the fish wrapper b/c he knows it is bull .. he was upset they published a PERSONAL letter .. but w/everyone we have checked w/they can publish whatever they want .. it is their freedom ... chaulk it up to "lesson learned" on that one! I am sure I will be hearing more crap from it .. but like one person said .. people that know me know my character and know that this guy must be the jerk he is .. and they said that people who know me and read the article are likely to read it and give my issues more than just a glance and know something is wrong here!! I HOPE .. and I am sure there are jerks out there that will think I was being unfair to him or a B#### .. but those are the ones that would say that no matter what!!x(

So Sat. was spent shopping b/VBF who is a professional shopper .. man she wore me out .. but she found my dress .. it is perfect .. I added it on my picture trail under MISC PICS .. look and tell me what you think .. it is black .. and the front are bra cups covered w/chiffon material and molded (no bra yayayaya) .. from there it has a band of beads and beads that dangle .. then it just flows down like a slip dress .. perfect!! yes pro shopper VBF found it .. and got a heck of a deal .. only $52.00 after discounts!:D We did not find a shoe that I liked ..still working on that .. but I have a pair that will work if I dont find anything else!

Sunday was spent cleaning and putting out Christmas decorations .. all done except the tree .. we will go get one next weekend sometimes!

Anywho .. it has taken me all morning just to type this little bit out .. so I had better run .. tonight is circuit class .. wonder if it will be packed again??

OK .. BBL for personals .. gotta run ... have a great one!:7

Hey, Cabbers!

Wendy :: Ya know, sometimes I’m more ready for Monday than others, but I wouldn’t say I *hate* them…I really make a point to start off my day on a positive note…if something negative creeps in, I drive out the thought. I have come to realize that if you think or dwell on the negative, it sets a tone for your day…Similarly, I have made a conscious effort not to let other people’s negativity spread to me. Ex: one of my friends usually texts me in the morning before work, and for a time, it seemed like every day, it was some kind of grumble: “Ugh, it’s so dark out.” “Grr. I’m late.” “Monday already—boo.” Not to say I don’t vent—you know I do. But I just try to think positive and remain aware that MY attitude has a big impact on how my day will go, so I try to at least START it on a positive…Sorry to hear you had to terminate your Facebook membership. Definitely you can set your account so that not everyone can find you in a search. Hope to see you on there again sometime in the future!

Di :: Thanks for the update on Amanda…I hope she can be released soon…How are she & DS holding up?...good job getting up to do L&G.

Laura :: Glad you have gotten so much support from those around you…I can certainly relate to feeling like you’re in the hot seat once something like that goes to print…Love the dress! And a great bargain, too!! How long is it? I stopped by Ann Taylor after work today and wound up buying two tops to wear to the reception. I'd planned to wear cream pants, a metallic top I already had from last year (never worn) along with a new cardigan from Target. (That, at least, was a bargain! :)) I tried on the "ensemble," but it didn’t look right somehow. And that metallic top, I noticed, gives me that back bulge look. (It's not my back, of course--it's the top. :)) SO, it will be the cream pants plus one of these two tops:
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_anntaylortop.jpg

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_anntaylortop2.jpg

I have a ¾ sleeve black shrug to go with it (so I don’t freeze my tatters off).

Hi Angie! What are you up to today? Shoveling?

I have some schoolwork I had to bring home, so I'm going to go tackle that, and then plug in a short yoga session.

Laura: Glad to hear the feedback you are getting from the letter being published is not negative towards you. That must make you feel a bit better about it. The dress is very pretty! You'll be a knock out girl!

Cathy: Both of those tops are really pretty. I'm sure you look gorgeous in both. How will you choose one? :) I hear ya on not being negative. I know once I am in a funk for whatever reason it is VERY difficult for me to pull myself out of it. It can be a real day killer. If you can tell me how to "block" this PIA guy then I'll sign back up for Facebook tomorrow!}(

Angie: Where you at girl? All snowed in? }(

OK, my work is done...whew! Long nonstop day it turned out to be...Just poppin' in for a moment before hittin' the yoga mat. I think I will do my own practice today, no DVD.

Wendy :: thanks! I could not decide so I bought both and figured I'll deal with that later :)...Yeah, I think it is really easy to get sucked into the toxic energy of others...that stuff can be contagious, and you don't even realize it...I have my grumbles, too, but I try to sweep 'em out. I guess what I'm practicing now on an almost-daily basis would be called positive self-talk...Re: Facebook...When you sign up/login, go to the privacy page and set the controls for who can search for you. You can also type in the names of people you want to block. That's on the privacy page also...I read about your scare with Joeybear over on the cheetah thread. I think I am too tired to catch up with that thread tonight but just wanted to say glad he is OK and bounced back so quickly!! I can only imagine the stressors of being a mom!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Cathy:

Have fun standing in front of the mirror in those tops trying to figure out which one to wear!:p
Yoga w/no dvd...Hmmm...I can't do that. LOL I have a couple of XFlowsion CDs but I can't use them cause I gotta SEE the poses in order to do them. I guess I'm just not familar enough with "the flow" to do it w/o step by step voice AND video instruction. Perhaps one day I'll get there....I think purchasing one of the yoga work outs from ITrain would be a great thing if I ever get to that point. Enjoy!:)
Thanks re: Facebook. I'll check it out soon. :)
Yeah, catching up with the Cheetahs can be a daunting task!LOL We are a a big group and can be quite chatty at times!}( Everyone knows you'll catch up in the morning though.
Have a great night!

OK, I'm done. Short n' sweet and just what I needed to decompress from a busy day. The downward dogs felt gooooood. Afterward, I added a few minutes of ab work on the BOSU. Just 15 reps each of five different exercises. Kept it simple.

Wendy :: I wish you could preview the iTrains somehow or get a more detailed breakdown of what the w/out entails...but good idea on the iYogas...may check those out myself...I did pretty much the same opening sun salutations from 10 Min. Yoga Solutions and then added on a blend of my favorite (and much-needed) poses, particularly those to stretch the legs, where I am tight, and spinal twists for my back...I took classes for a few years, so that helps.

Well, it is already 8 pm...how is that possible...I think I will be catchin' zzzz's early tonight.

GN, ladies!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Hiya cabbers

The kids had a snow day today....but I had no such luck. In fact, I had to go in early because of a safety meeting.x( I usually start my Mondays out cranky when I have to get up earlier than ususal.}( It's a darn good thing I'm the only one in my office. DH will wander in every once in a while, but I bark at him and he leaves. LOL!
I did Gin Millers Circuit Challenge when I got home. I haven't done that w/o in forever! It was kind of a joke actually.:7

Wendy - My pics didn't happen tonight either. We have another winter storm watch out tonight with heavy winds and if that happens, the boys won't have school again tomorrow so Cody can take them then. However, I hope and pray that the boys have school!!! I need some alone time.:D They'll drive me nuts if I am home with them all day tomorrow.
I had to go over to the Cheetahs thread to see what happened to Joey. Yikes! It's amazing how kids can bounce back. I remember when Cody was little, he was riding on a bike with Grandpa and his foot went thru the spokes on the front wheel, which caught against the frame and flipped the bike and Granpa then landed on him. The kid looked like a wreck! I have pictures of how he looked after that accident and it was brutal....he honestly had so much facial swelling that he looked like a kid with Downs. I almost bust out into tears every time I come across those pics. His birthday was just a few days after that too.....interesting B-day pics for that year for sure.

Diana - Hugs to you and your family! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Did you get a chance to workout today?? The meltdown class is over too right?

Cathy - You are such a glass half full kind of girl! I love that. I wish I had your attitude. Unfortunatley I am inately a glass half empty kind of girl.:-( I don't know why that is either since I know how fortuante in life I am. Why I can't keep that perspective on my mind all the time is beyond me. You know, I think I need to surround myself with those Ziggy posters I used to buy all the time when I was in grade school. Ziggy was so wise!!:7
I absolutely love your fashion sense! The tops are awesome!
We got over a foot of snow this weekend. I love the snow!! But, I have a feeling that I will get sick of it really soon. Winter sure did start early this year.

So, maybe tomorrow I can find some Christmas spirit....then again.....who the heck knows?? LOL!

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.