Cabs & Abs -- Monday's baaaack!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls!

How are we this Monday morning?

Catchin' up on personals...

Diana [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] that stinks about Jerod's coach...is she a relatively inexperienced coach?...Nope, wasn't Wendy enabling me this time. It was a thread on the O/D forum that got me thinking about adding kettlebells to the repertoire. I didn't think I was in any big rush for them, but in Target yesterday morning, I just had the impulse. I swung one around in the store and thought it was cool. Could really feel it in my core. I have been focusing on the core area since mid-fall, and I am seeing a difference in both my running and skiing, so that continues to be an obsession.

Angie [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Hope the computer transfer goes smoothly...there ya go! A computer class might be the perfect thing for her. I give you a ton of credit for being so patient. IMO, it can be frustrating to deal with older folks who are set in their ways or their thinking...I had money on the Pats. Oh well.

Hi Laura and Wendy!

BTW, I'm wondering: did you all receive your tax books or has the IRS done away with sending those out? I don't recall getting one this year.

Have a great Monday, girls! Today is a rest day for me, which is perfect. I have to go in early and finalize my grades and then I have a meeting after school.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good Morning Cabbers!:)

Cathy, They stopped sending out the tax books as far as I know. I know we haven't been getting one. We've gone to an accountant the past couple of years though so perhaps that has something to do with it?? Not sure.

So I have some nice DOMS from TB+! It's not killer but it's every where. LOVE IT! My lats are where I feel it most-gotta love that pull up bar!}( And Tony too, ofcourse. ;)

Today will be a run and abs/core+. I am so happy that I'm not on the schedule to work Mondays this month. YAY! I'm lovin' the fact that I'll be able to run 2x per week with ease again. :+

So I've decided to add an extra leg day into the X+ rotation. I'm putting it in on Tuesdays where I have cardio only. I'll do a short leg work out and a short cardio and I'll be good to go! I'll probably alternate between heavy and endurance leg work outs.:)

Okay, I'll be back later girls!
BFN!

Hi ladies,

I never did get a workout in yesterdayx( I was simply to tired to do an effective workout. However, I kick started my week with Imax 3 this mornimg. It was so much fun since I haven't done this one in a while.

It is very busy with so many people in the house. I'm sure things will settle down soon enough.

Cathy-I've been using turbo tax for years and don't get a tax book anymore. I think you can request them from the irs.gov website and they are usually available in post offices and/or libraries. I think we have everything we need and I can probably do mine next weekend.

Wendy-All this talk about lats and pullup bars has me considering putting my pullup back up and tearing into the x+ workouts. What's a girl to do. I agree the X definitely doesn't have nearly enough leg work. I think legs should either be there own w/o, or at least have them in the rotation twice a week if they are paired with another body part.

Angie-What are you up to today?

Laura-How was your weekend.

Diana

Hello Ladies ..

it is still insane here at work .. morning has been WILD!!!:eek:

Went out w/friends and blew off the work stress Friday night .. then Sat. had to take car in to get a new tire .. $300 :eek: ;( ;( .. VBF and I then drowned my sorrow into some wonderful Olive Garden food and CABS ... Sunday was major clean max .. OMG how did my house get so dang filthy .. YIKES ... was gone all day Sat. .. and spent all day Sunday cleaning .. no workouts at all ;( ;(

DH is on long hours ... 12 hours every day .. but at least for now it is the DAY shift part of it .. he will be getting home about the same time I do at night!!

Today back to Manic Monday .. managed to sneak out at lunch and get in 4 DS shoulders .. tonight will be circuit class .. w/mainly lower body on the sculpting!

Cathy .. beautiful picture .. WOW!!! I am of no help on the tax thing .. I let the pros handle that .. !!! LOL

Wendy .. so this is the start of X+ .. I am jealous .. but for now enjoying the 4 DS series on the weights .. something different! But you keep BRINGING IT + !!!!

Di... I know your house is one full house of energy and movement!! And Amanda's weight loss .. WOW .. that is great!! recovering from a C section can not be easy!! I shutter just thinking about it!!

Angie .. I was right along w/you enjoying the CABS this weekend .. at least you fit in your workouts .. I did not have time ... but I do have my car back .. and a clean house now!!:)

Ok girlies .. better run .. have a great one .. and hopefully tomorrow will be calmer and I can check in and post longer .. have great sweaty workouts .. I know I will .. this chickadee has been a very naughty girl this weekend .. lots of making up to do on the workout fronts!!!:7

Hi.

No time for personals at the moment but DH bowls tonight so I'll surely have time later to catch up with my girls!:)

I have been battling a cold that has been desperately trying to take hold of me for the last several days. Sometimes I feel good, sometimes I don't. Today is a don't day. I don't feel horrible but I could easily have taken a rest day if I let myself. Perhaps if I hadn't just started the X+ rotation I would have rested but I just won't back down that easily right now!}( LOL

So this morning I pushed myself out the door and went to the gym to run. I had intentions of taking it easy and only doing a 20 minute Itread. Well, before you know it I had done TWO 20 minute Itreads and logged more then 4 miles!:7 Well, I THINK I logged more then 4 miles anyway. I kept running too close to the console during the first Itread so I knocked the emergency button out like 3x during the work out and had no idea what the mileage was! LOL On the 2nd work out I was more careful and logged 2.09 miles. :)

I just got up from a nap not too long ago and ate a bowl of cereal. When the food settles I will hit Abs/Core+ even though I really don't feel like it. I will do what I can but I refuse to skip it this early in the game. Tomorrow calls for extra leg work and more cardio. If I really need to cut back I will nixx the cardio as I have an extra day of it in the rotation anyway.

BFN!!!:*

Edited for a bazillion typos!:p

Hey girlies..

Today was the first day of our new schedule. It works out great for getting to the rec ctr at lunch. Not only did I do Imax 3 this morning, but I also did a 20 min interval on the elliptical, 20 min on the stepper and then some ab work. Other than having to come in 30 to 60 minutes earlier, I think this new schedule may work out just fine. I also need to train myself to get up a little earlier in the morning so I can get my morning workout in.

Laura-glad you had a good weekend with fine foods and cabs!! That's what friends and weekends are all about. Sorry DH has to work such long hours, I would hate that.

Wendy-Sorry you're not feeling well. I'm sure this illness couldn't have come at a worse time with just starting an x+ rotation. You must've really wanted to run this morning if you did 2 itreads! Great job.

Angie-How was the 6am meeting??? Are you napping or working out??

Diana

Howdy!

It took me a while but I told ya I'd get back here for personals and I did!:p

Diana: Go get that pull up bar and get X'ing girl!}( IA that the X should have more leg work but adding my own in is fine too. It actually fits in to the schedule rather nicely so I don't mind.:) I can't imagine the chaos in your house right now. You must have the patience of a saint. As Laura would say...Bless your heart, girl!Good job on IMAX3. Great news about your schedule change. I'm glad something finally went right for you at your job. :)

Laura: I didn't do alot of 4DS but it's a great series and will no doubt yield awesome results! After that is done though, I expect you to either buy the X+ or start another round of the regular X pronto!!!(Yes, you guessed it! TFH is here!!!! }( )

Cathy: How was your day?

Hi cabbers

Well you'd think that if I went to work 2.5 hours early I'd get to leave 2.5 hours early right? Ummmm...No. Don't you just love those days when everything goes right?? That wasn't the day I had today, in fact, just the opposite. Everything I touched turned to crap. Plus, I felt like I was in a fog most of the day since I got up so early. But, on the bright side, it's almost OVER!}(
I got home and did PLB, and I also didn't feel like it. The guilties push me through it though.

Cathy - I wish I could find a computer class for seniors for MIL but there's nothing like that around here that I know of. I wish the local school would offer something like that b/c I know my parents would be interested in it too.
I did however talk to MIL about possibly getting a computer. She didn't shoot the idea down completely which kind of surprised me. But, she is even more clueless about computers than my parents and I just don't think I would have the time or patience to be able to teach her how to use it, at least while I'm trying to teach my mother how to use hers as well. I'm certainly no expert in the area anyways. Still....the idea is still worth some speculation.
She sounded very interested in going to bingo.:) Great idea!! I'll have to find out when they have bingo and take her one night. Thank you so much for the suggestions.:)
I also think that you can get the tax booklets at the post office.
The kids just finished up their semester last week too so we have conferences coming up soon. Thankfully they both made the honor roll so conferences should be pleasant.:)

Wendy - Good job on TB+. That one does get you everywhere doesn't it? It looks like I have Kenpo+ for tomorrow. I'll try to be prepared for the tricky moves.
Nice job on the TM w/o too! Hope the yucks don't catch up to you....just keep runnin!! *lol*

Diana - IMAX3 first thing in the a.m.?? Hats off to you. I would need a few cups of coffee and a couple of meals before I tackle that one.
Yah on the new schedule! I know you like you w/o time at the rec center. Glad you are getting it back. Plus, doesn't your class start this month too?
The meeting wasn't bad but the hour that we hold it is not my thing. I think DH makes me go just so they can all laugh at my sleepy a$$. Men!}( :p

Laura - Boo on the tire!:( ?$300 for a tire???? Boy that seems like a lot! Not exactly the most fun you've had with $300 is it??
CABs and food.....ah yes......life at it's best. At least until you mentioned clean max. *lol*
So when you leave in the afternoon for your 4DS w/o, do you go to a nearby gym? The one you teach classes at I assume?

It had taken me forever to type this tonight. The batteries in my brain are dead.....time to go night night.

Later gators

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.