Cabs & Abs Monday Monday

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

We had some friends from Nebraska stay with us this weekend. It was a busy weekend but we enjoyed our company. I did not do any workouts this weekend:-( I'm heading down to do a weight w/o.

Wendy-How was the race?? Another PR perhaps??

What was everyone else up to this weekend?

BBL

Diana

Hi Diana. Glad you had a nice weekend with your company. WTG, jumping right back into your work outs today! Enjoy it.

Here's my race report from the Cheetah thread on saturday:

I'm back. No PR's for me. It was much hotter then anticipated and it took it's toll for sure. Here are my splits. It's obvious where I started to slow down due to the heat.

Mile 1: 9:32
Mile 2: 9:21
Mile 3: 9:40
Mile 4: 10:23
Mile 5: 10:24
+55 extra seconds to cross the finish for a 50:15 finish.

I started back from the start line ofcourse. I started my garmin on the gun and stopped it when I crossed the finish so my time and the official time are within a second of one another. I did well, all things considered and actually ran a 9:52 pace "unofficially". My official pace should fall around 10:03. I can be happy with that. I told Shelly that this gives me a nice reasonable finish to try and beat next year! Most of the course was pretty flat but there was one large hill close to the end that was a killer. Might have been able to eek out an official sub 10 min mile if not for that sucker. Oh well!

Not sure what work out I will do today. I'm debating over wether or not to do the final AB weight work out from stage 1 or something else to "officially" begin my AB recovery week I am taking before starting stage 2. I am leaning towards nixxing the last work out (is it really a big deal?) and just doing something different. I was hoping to get my new Swat work outs today but I don't know that that will happen. I wanted to go to the gym to do cardio but it makes more sense to do cardio on a T/R/S schedule this week since I have another race this saturday.

I was supposed to do weight/measurements today but I went to my SIL's for Father's Day y'day and over-did it in the food arena. When I hopped on the scale this morning, it was evident so I need to let this bloat go away before I measure.:p

I guess that's all for now...BBL!

Morning Ladies!

Wendy .. congrats on the race times ... :) another race this weekend???:eek: WOW .. you go girl!!:)

DI .. I am your boat .. ZERO w/o's this weekend .. x(

DH and I dont fight that much .. but when we do it is a DOOZY!!!:eek: he calls FRI to say we are selling the beach house .. closing is JULY 4th!!:eek: :eek: .. OK .. soak in that info .. then on to adding we are gonna look for something off the water .. :eek: x( x( soemthing we agreed to WAIT on .. short of the long .. we fight .. on the phone .. he cops the I AM MAN HEAR ME ROAR attitude .. and it was on!! Seeing that he is on LONG hour midnights .. his fuse is short .. so I had to take some deep breaths and forgive his "attitidue" .. spent the weekend "steering clear" and keeping to myself .. this morning he finally aplogized ...

But looks as if the beach house is going to really be sold. A move as I had said from the get go I think is a mistake .. and I still do .. and I still think he is going to regret it .. unfortunatly they are giving us what we asked .. and in today's market .. that is hard to turn down .. b/c who knows what the next few years will bring .. ?????? {{{{ sigh }}}}}

So I have been in a limbo/ticked off funk this weekend!!!

Today .. trying to regain my spirit .. and my patience .. and putting the angst and frustrations into my workouts .. that will help (I hope) ..

OK .. I am about to leave for lunch .. my system is still down .. so I am doing what PIA does so well .. GOOFING OFF ... LOL!!!

Cathy and Angie .. HELLO to ya'll .. will BBL to see what everyone is up to!!!:D

Where is everyone???

Well I bit the bullet and bought a laptop ... went w/the HP Pavilion!! I really hope I bought what I need .. there is so much I dont know about them .. LOL ...

Going to go w/Verizon Wireless Broadband ... (card) .. not have it at my house (cancel the dial up_).. just totally portable .. maybe I made the right decision!! LOL

OK .. only 30 more minutes to inflict to pain and torture and workout my pent up angst!! }( }(

Hi Ladies,

I ended up doing Muscle Max this morning and it was tough. I didn't think anything could be hard after P90X.

I had planned on doing leg weights at the rec ctr today but I never got to take lunch. I'm thinking of doing the ms fit wt training plan during my marathon training. It would allow me to run in the mornings and do my weight training at lunch. My first training run is tomorrow morning but it's only 3 miles. I'll probably add on a segment of core max after my run.

Wendy-congratulations on completing your 5 miler! What workout did you decide to do today?

Laura-Sorry about the fight. Isn't it convenient having the house on the water for all your fishing excursions? Maybe DH is afraid that with the market the way it is you should just sell now when you have a full price offer.

Angie-I don't expect to hear from you until tomorrow but hope you had a wonderful weekend at the race.

Cathy-What are you up to today? Preparing your classroom for summer perhaps?

I have to pick up Jerod from baseball practice and get myself to bootcamp.

BBL

Diana

Hiya girls

I'm so darned tired! *lol* Ya, I know you all are feeling bad for me right? It will be early to bed for me tonight and then up early to catch up on work that I am now behind on and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!!
We had a blast! The weather held off for us and it wasn't sweltering hot like I thought it would be. We had a great time, with great tickets and an awesome camp site. DH needed this break so badly! He was so crabby when we left (which is totally unlike him) b/c of all the stress at work and within a few minutes of being there he was a new man.:) Plus, Dale Jr. won and that is "his" guy so it was a great Fathers Day.
We got home this afternoon and after all the crappy eating and no exercise, I soooooo did not have the motivation to workout or eat healthy. So, I made a decision to drag my dead butt off the couch and do CC#7 since I knew there was no way I could do a P90X weight workout. Well, CC#7 kicked my butt! There was not a single dry area left on my sports bra. :eek: I feel so good that I got it done though, b/c I truly did NOT want to do any workout.

Cathy - Hey, I like your motivator tips you posted. I think I would rack up more $$$ with a swear jar though.:eek: :7 Then, for sure I would be broke!
That sounds like an exhausting, yet fun day with the 8th grade field trip. Are they done now or still have a few days left?
How's TT treating you?

Wendy - Glad to hear the potty training is going well. Didya get the book yet?
Great job on that race Saturday.:) It sounds like it was a tough one with the heat. Whew!

Laura - Finally rain! I am still more than willing to send you ours. We're supposed to get more on the way and temps are in the 50 & 60's until Thursday.:(
Too bad your haircut high got ruined with a fight with DH. I hate fighting with DH. Like you, we don't do it very often, but when we do it's usually a doozy. I'm so sad to hear about the house. Too bad you can't talk him out of it. After all, if there's no rush to sell, it's just an investment right? Plus, it's something that makes you both happy and you use often. Men.....}(
I hope your blackberry bushes will come back for you. We have lots on our property behind the house too and they are yummy.:9
So will you be able to use this laptop at home? Congrats on your purchase.

Diana - So are you glad your boss is leaving? Will that make your job any better or worse??
APX is 2 hours?? Ick! I would definitely have to break that one down. I can't wait to hear if you like APX more or less than slo-mo.
Are your feet feeling any better?
Have, um, fun?, at your BC class tonight. *lol*

DH made a call today about the beagle. He said he knew a guy who's brother raises them. We're still waiting for the call back. Since he made the call, I know he is ready for a pup.:) I read half of the beagles for dummies book this weekend and parts of it made me laugh, b/c I was thinking it reminded me so much of Kirby. I bought the book b/c I forgot how to potty train a beagle. It was 13 years ago after all. But, ya'll know my memory isn't that good anyways. *lol* I hope it happens soon b/c I am ready to spoil a new dog.

Off to bed for me.....have a great night girls and I'll check back with you all tomorrow after work and workout.;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.