Cabs and Abs Monday!!!

Hello Girls.

I was supposed to go to the gym for a run this morning but that plan got destroyed....x(

So today I will do 15 minutes of Interval X+ and then Kenpo Cardio+ in full. I intend to flip-flop my work out schedule for thursday and friday to get that run in on thursday come hell or high water though!!!}(

This morning I was at Target before 9am for some reason. I swung by the electronics and ofcourse, the Wiis were out of stock. What else is new!? We strolled through the toys so Joey could mke his Birthday wish list ;) and finally landed in the work out clothes section. I didn't hit the equipment area though as I didn't want any kettlebells calling to me!:p I purchased a cute short and top outfit and a sports bra. The bra and shorts are great but the top doesn't fit well so I'll be exchanging it for something else. Perhaps I'll take a ride there later after Joey's nap. :)

After Target I decided to take Joey to the park. He's been asking to go but it's been too cold. It was finally warm enough today so we went. We stayed there for over an hour. He ran around the whole time but I think I was more tired then he was when we left! LOL

When we got home around noon I ate my lunch and am now about to make some java. Soon it will be time for the munchkin to eat lunch and then up for a nap and I'll do my work out.

Cathy is home from VT I know, but when does Diana come back? Anyone know??

Angie, thanks for keepin' me company over the weekend!;)

BBL to see if anyone has stopped in!

My work out is done. I did the first half of Interval X+, TJ Cardio Party w/o the warm up and then the floor portion of TJ Ab Jam. A/C+ was on the schedule but I didn't have enough gas left in my tank for that one. I should have done it BEFORE the cardio! Grrrr.

Time to hit the showers!

BBL!

Hi Wendy & everyone!

Wendy :: love the new avatar! Too, too cute with those little dimples. Can't believe how big Joey is getting...great mish-mosh of a workout.

I have to just jump in from this point on. I'm going to cut & paste the trip report I posted over at the cheetahs. Forgive my laziness:

Well, Killington was STELLAR. They've had 200+ inches of snowfall this year, so it's been a great season. And the foot of snow dumped on them last week made for ideal conditions this weekend. It was, I think, the best I've ever skied. I am LOVIN' my new skis!!! And I do believe the ski-specific training I've been doing on the BOSU has helped.

It wound up snowing all morning Saturday, dropping another 6-8 inches or so, so it was a great opportunity for me to learn powder skiing. It was more work but still fun. The snow stopped around 12-1, and after we left the slopes about mid-afternoon, we returned to the hotel to get cleaned up and head out to dinner. Just as we were about the leave the restaurant, an unexpected storm blew through, creating whiteout conditions. All the folks who were coming down off the mountain at that point (it was after 4 pm when the lifts close) were caught in traffic; some even pulled over to get out of the mess. So, what could we do? We had no choice but to stay there at the bar until the storm slowed down. Second time in my life I've been caught in a bar in a snowstorm, and well, it's just FUN. Need I explain that to my Cabber girls? I think not! *lol* Anywho, I just love snow! *ducks the object Angie just threw at me* :7

My sister (who's never been to VT and just learned to ski this season) did really well. We even got her to try a couple of easy blues (Wendy, blues = intermediate trails.) Overall, it was a perfect ski weekend. I didn't think about school or National Boards, and it was *just* what I needed.

Today begins a new rotation, with Mondays once again planned as rest days. Fine by me. It was a busy day back to work today and I will most likely go for the early zzz's. I have plenty of work to dive into, but I'm choosing not to. :)

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Evening girls

That's a snowball I was throwin' at ya Cathy!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Nature/winter-015.gif We had rain last night which turned our driveway into an ice skating rink. I was so close to running into a tree just pulling out of the driveway this morning. The main roads were OK thankfully but the kids had yet another snow day. Later in the day the rain turned to more snow. I'll box some up and send it your way Cathy!!!

I got home and did 4DS - kickbox. Then, it was taco night.:9

Cathy - Stuck in a bar eh? Awwwwwww...LOL! Was the place packed with stranded motorists?
Do you ski the black diamond hills?:7 Any DOMS from skiing? So glad the weather cooperated and you had a great time. I'll bet the break will be just the thing to get you back to your energetic self.
Did BF ever comment about the baby gifts you sent?
Glad you are back.....you were missed.;-)

Wendy - I think my DH wants the big TV b/c he is going blind. LOL! Actually I watch CNBC in the daytime and I'm having a hard time reading the tickers anymore that go across the top of the screen. I'm in denial about my eyesight.....I'm too young for glasses! *lol*
I'm hoping I can snag some workout clothes on sale next week when I continue to look for the TV. I'm gonna go on a weekday so as to avoid the crowds like last weekend.
So you're looking for a wii? I'm considering it as well but I'm not sure the boys need another game.
I'll bet Joey took a long nap after hitting the playground. Sounds like he likes being outdoors, but brrrrrrr.
It was a pleasure chatting with ya this weekend. Oh, and I forgot to comment on your avatar....so cute!!

Have a great night all

Angie

Ha! Ange, I figured you would want to wallop me for the snow comment. Glad you missed that tree. Yikes! I hate driving in it, but I do think it's beautiful, and of course, I love skiing it!

The bar did start to get packed with stranded motorists, but the storm passed through relatively quickly (an hour or so?), so things picked up again. I wound up not skiing any blacks. We stayed mostly on greens and blues to accommodate DSis. I thought I might venture off on my own and do a black, but it just didn't work out that way. I have only ski'd 2-3 blacks before. I did hit A LOT of jumps and did a little tree skiing, too, which was fun. My usual ski crew harp on me for being on the slow side (exacerbated by the fact that my old skis were short and never picked up much speed even when pointed straight down the mountain), and with my new skis, I really got comfortable with some newfound speed...I do feel stronger this season as I didn't really have any DOMS...maybe some slight tightness in a certain area of my calves, which I think came from all the traversing we did on some flats. Overall, though, I felt great...thanks for the kind words. :)...Yes, BF has expressed thanks for the baby gifts. This sounds a little weird maybe, but I feel like I've sort of been "freed" by expecting less and less. I feel good taking the "high road," and yet I am prepared if things disintegrate, if that makes any sense.

So, you're in the market for a new TV, eh? My students (mostly boys have an opinion on this) tell me the Wii is a waste of time, and the XBox360 is the system to have. I truly believe the Wii is for old fogeys like us. I love mine, though I haven't played it in weeks.

OK, time to watch some mindless TV.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.