Cabs & Abs.......Monday ~ put on your happy face!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :)

Angie :: Nice job clockin' 4 yesterday. My advice in terms of form would be to make sure your arms aren't tight. Once I learned to loosen mine (90 degrees), it really gave me a boost in running economy--you won't fatigue as quickly. Your hands should sort of brush your shorts lightly and they shouldn't be clenched. I once read to pretend you've got a potato chip in each hand. And you're right--don't bounce or slap your feet down. Land heel and pushoff on your toes. In terms of the chapping, I usually wear tight shorts with running shorts over top. You can also use Body Glide. This month's issue of RW (May) has a nice, little beginner's plan along with good tips. Or just check out RW online. Tons of info for runners at all levels of experience.

Di :: :) That made me smile. I tried to check the registration status just now, but the numbers still reflect Friday's count: 36,204. That doesn't include charity and tour groups, so by the estimates I've heard, it's probably about 43,000 by now. I'm guessing it'll be closed by mid-week.

Hi Wendy and Laura!

Today will be a rest day for me. I looked at John Bingham's plans yesterday and have not made a final decision yet. But I do know that a Monday rest day after my Sunday long runs is needed.

Hope your Monday's a smooth one!

Good Morning Girls.

Today's work out is a run. Beyond that, MAYBE some yoga but it's not set in stone. :) I'll be starting BBC this week. I've decided to dust it off finally. I can't wait to do hot Joey's cardio portion with my JS!}(

Cathy: For my HM I did 6 min run/1 min walk and it worked out well for me. I was very slow during my training runs but ran faster during the actual race. It was hard at times to stop running but doing my first as a run/walk is probably the smartest thing I could have done. I liked the breakdown I used. I got it from the Itreads. Grace uses 6/1 ratio for some of the work outs. Just something to consider since I know you are having a hard time deciding what to do. :)

G2G get the munchkin up. Want to hit the gym as soon as possible...

BBL!

Hello ladies!

sorry I have been MIA ... I took vacation Thursday and Friday .. I could not take ONE MORE SECOND at work .. PIA was at full speed on the jumping on my last nerve .. HTH that woman gets away w/doing NOTHING all day .. and getting time off and not getting it counted is BEYOND ME ..

We have been working on our pool room .. so took the opportunity to spend some time w/DH and get some work done ... and enjoy myself some. Fishing trip was pending on weather and seas!

We went down to the beach Friday .. and had a blast .. the seas calmed down Sunday ... and we went fishing .. OMG .. BEAUTIFUL day .. not a cloud in the sky .. the fish were plentiful and we had a ball!!:D .. the one "but" .. even w/using 15 spf and 30 spf I managed to sunburn!;( x( OUCHIE is all I can say ... guess I sweated it off or did not get some spots .. the fat that is between the breast and shoulder .. OH YEAH .. bright red! .. and the inner thigh bikini line .. double OWE!!! and DH was in charge of my back .. and somehow it managed to get burned .. going in search of some aloe at lunch!! LOL

WO wise I fit in a LOOOONG outdoor run Thursday .. and was so freaking sore Friday I didn't do anything. Have not ran outdoors and that long in a LOOOOOOONG time .. so the body was rebelling .. then we had so much going on it left no time to exercise ... so this week is another MAKING UP FOR IT WEEK!!:eek: }(

OK .. I have rambled long enough .. will BBL for personals .. just wanted to let you gals know I am still kicking!!:7

Good Afternoon Peeps.

I ran with Grace at the gym this morning. I got a later start then intended so I had to cut my work out short. I did ITread 3/40 mins and stopped once I reached the 5k mark. I PR'd though so I'm happy! Could care less that I didn't do the entire work out! LOL I ran 5k in 29:23 and beat my PR of 29:42 which I got in a race over Labor Day weekend last year! I'm happy. :)

Laura: Glad you had a great run Thursday and a fun weekend. Sorry about the sunburn! How many fish didja' catch? PIA will get hers. It will come back around to bite her in the arse! Don't you worry about that!}( LOL

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

This is the 3rd time I've tried to post today. Let's hope I get through it. DH had to work really early so I was up by 5 and with Tony by 5:30! I forgot how much I liked shoulders & arms! It was a great w/o this morning and I followed it up with ARX.

Angie-great job on the 4 miles. I usually wear compression shorts under my running shorts. After a few weeks of this I can usually just wear my running shorts. Body glide is another option. There's nothing worse that chaffing thighs-I know.

Cathy-what w/o are you doing today? You probably mentioned it but I can't rememberx( I'm just not ready to commit to the marathon, but I haven't nixed it completely. Where else would I have plenty of friends to see me through to the end!!

Wendy-Nice run at the rec ctr. I can't commit to running this week with my work schedule. It is possible that one or 2 evenings would work out for a run.

Laura-sounds like you had a fun and productive 4 day weekend! I'm looking to take a few days of vacation myself. I have plenty of days available but don't want to waste them. I want to do something fun with them!

Diana

Diana,

Hey, if you don't want to commit to a full mary perhaps you'd like to come to Jersey and run 18 miles with me instead! ;) ;)

I usually only run 1x per week unless I am training for a race. Right now I am running twice per week because of my races. I will probably go back to once per week after my half until it's time to start training again.

WOW-workin' out with Tony at 5:30am!? Kudos to you girl! I couldn't do that! I'm just starting to get into morning work outs but not before 6:30am thank you very much! LOL

Well got some aloe and after sun stuff and coated myself down at lunch . . it helped some .. but seems it is getting worse by the minute .. LOL!! I dread the sweatfest tonight .. it will probably get water blisters and peel .. not sure why but if I get a sunburn the first w/o it blisters up and those water blisters pop and it peels ... (I know TMI .. sorry) .. dang it .. just hate having the skin "look" that wayx( :-(

Di ... shoulers and arms X style was always my favorite!! Oh Tony .. maybe I need to re-visit him! I hope you find a good fun vacation!! My next vacation will be Vegas .. and I am looking forward to it!!:)

Cathy - Rest day! Woo hoo .. I know I needed a couple of rest days after my long run .. OUCHIE .. can tell the difference in the long run and CC w/Sean ... both are bad in their own way .. but the LONG outside run ... w/unsteady terrain really works the crap outta ya!!

Wendy .. the fish ... seems every time we dropped down we were pulling up snapper .. but we were not in STATE waters so we could not keep them .. HUGE beautiful fish .. dang it! But right off they bagged 3 huge black gag grouper (HUGE) .. then we got into some red grouper .. I was beginning to wonder about myself .. I got skunked the first few hours .. then came on strong! Bagged FOUR big red grouper!! yeessssssss!:D We did come back into state waters and were able to get a few snapper .. but nothing of the size we caught in the deep water!!! oh .. and PIA .. Oh I hope I get to see her "get hers" ... LOL!! She balanced out and left today w/o any word to anyone (the boss is out) ... when questioned she said she had a Dr. appnt .. strange nothing was on the books .. that is just some of the crap she gets away w/that jumps on my LAST nerve!!x( x(

Angie ... glad you finally got some good weather ... wonderful!! I know it was nice to get out and enjoy it .. funny when the first litle snap of spring hits .. you feel it in your bones .. long to get out there and play!! Maybe a fifth wheel adventure is right around the corner!

Oh I forgot to mention .. we took the big dogs out for a quick boat ride Saturday .. they had a ball! LOL .. they barked at every boat they saw .. they think it is THEIR ocean!! LOL too fun!!!

OK .. tonight is circuit .. focuse on cardio and lower body .... :eek: }( .. after last week's horrible torture classes they are probably pretty scared of what is to come .. LOL!!!:D }(

have a great one .. and great sweaty workouts (mine will be w/some uncomfortable sunburn induced pain)!!!:7

Hi girls

Today started out badly.:-( I packed my lunch last night and one for DH too. I piddled around a bit more than usual this morning b/c I knew I had some extra time since I didn't have to pack lunch. So, I go to throw my lunch in a cooler and find that DH took my lunch.}( I have been in a pi$$y mood ever since.x( He took my chicken sandwich with sprouts and all my fruits and veges. I had packed him a ham sandwich - blech!x( I wasn't eating that!! So, I had to pack another lunch and tuna was not what I wanted. Anywho.....typical Monday. Although, it usually takes me a while at work before I get in a mood - I'm not usually already there before I even leave the house. *lol*
The quad DOM's today are killer! I also have some outer and inner thigh DOM's too. My joints and feet are fine though, which makes me think running may become a thing of the future for me.:) I was a bit surprised that I don't have any hamstring soreness. I'm not sure my stride is what it's supposed to be, but I was running a lot uphill in a soft shoulder.

Cathy - Thanks for the running tips. I'm definitely going to keep them in mind on my next outing. Potato chips in hand huh? I think I can do that! *lol*
So how long are your long runs? I hope the weather is cooperating with your training schedule.

Wendy - Oh no - BBC? Ouchie! But then there is Joey....yummy! :9
Congrats on that PR! That must feel great!;-)

Diana - I'll have to look up a body glide. I have no idea what that is, but the shorts I was wearing were riding up and it wasn't a good outcome.
I'm going to look into some of those spandex running shorts too, hopefully this weekend.

Laura - It makes me wonder if PIA and the boss are hot and heavy. Geez - it must stink working with someone like that!
Bummer about that burn. If the aloe doesn't work, try using albolene. It's the best stuff ever! You can feel it taking the burn out. Drug stores like Rite Aid and Walgreen usually carry it. It's actually marketed as a make up remover but it works wonders for a sunburn. It can be a bit greesy, but just put an old t-shirt on over top of it and you're set to go.
I'll bet the dogs were thrilled with their weekend.:)
Have you booked your Vegas vacation yet? You'd have an absolute ball there!
It may be a while before we go camping just b/c mushroom season is starting here soon. We will be out in the woods this weekend looking for the elusive morell. I LOVE mushroom hunting! And they are soooooo good.:9

I was looking at the RT dates and I think I may try for the August RT. I'm scared and excited all at the same time. I can get a 2-way ticket for about $250 right now out of an airport about 3 hours away from me. Hopefully the price doesn't go up too much before now and registration time. Chances are I won't make it anyways, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna try.

Off to check out the blog........

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.