CABs and Abs -- it's Friday (amen to that!)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Nature/sunflower.gif

I'm SO glad it's Friday!!

Wendy :: A short nap will refresh me, too. The problem is if I'm too tired (like I was yesterday), I just wake up feeling groggy OR I don't wake up. Which is what happened last night. I dozed off around 6ish. Told myself I'd just close my eyes "for a minute." Well, I woke up at 1 am. So I missed the workout. :( But I gotta listen to my bod. Truly, if I don't get my 7-8 hours, it catches up and my body rebels. ETA: I forgot to say, I *love* the idea of the lamb ("Dude"). How cute!! I can't wait to see this one.

So I will be doing a short happy hour immediately after work and will make up Basic Step tonight.

Hi to Diana, Angie, Laura, and Nancy!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good Morning Cabbers!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/drinking.gif[/IMG]

Cathy: Sorry you missed your work out last night but if you needed the rest, better you take it. :)
I found a pic of what "Dude" USED to look like (before he got the life chewed and sucked out of him!LOL) minus the ribbon around his neck...
http://www.bearst.com/images/cloudy.jpg
Joey also has a Baby Gund pig he calles "Mike" (his second favorite!) as well as a duck and a monkey. He doesn't particularly care about the duck and the monkey but you never know when that will change!:7 I love these little animals. They are toooooo cute!

So ladies, I am STILL sore in the lats but it's not bad so I am going to do Chest and Back today. I think I've allowed for adequate rest...it's time to get busy!}( Cr@p-It just dawned on me that I forgot to do abs y'day...I guess I'll try to talk myself into ARX today then.:eek:

Well I have to work this morning. I wasn't on the schedule but someone called the other night looking for coverage and was willing to take me wednesday next week in exchange so I happily agreed. After work I have to go to DMV to register the used pick up we bought. We will keep it as a 3rd vehicle.

Have a great day! I'll be back later. :)

TGIF girls!!

I feel so much more refreshed today than yesterday. I went to bed an hour earlier and think I caught up on some much needed sleep. I still have some slight DOMS in my biceps from PUB a couple of days ago. I did Gin Millers Aerostep with stretchmax1 yesterday. It was an easy workout but I did work up a bit of a sweat.

Look what I got in my email this morning. P90X+ clips!! :) OMG - this looks killer. There's still some things I can't do on P90X so I think I will be modifying a lot of these moves, but I still can't wait to get my hands on it. I hope this link works. If not, I'll try and post it again.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vUmgeOo9M8&feature=PlayList&p=F61995F0F6E9AA45&index=0&playnext=1

Wendy - You gotta keep makin those "dorky/witty" comments. You know we are laughing when we read them.:7
You have really put a lot of thought into that tat. It sounds really cute!
So, can you w/o at work? It sounds like you have a full plate today.

Cathy - OK, I have to ask, although I'm a little afraid....what's a wing bowl??
I'm with you on the naps....when I go into la la land there's no coming back. I'm not a person who can take just a half hour nap. I take, at minimum a 2-3 hour nap....so I don't even go there.;( I wish I was one of those folks who could nap for 15-30 minutes and wake up completely refreshed.

Laura - You know, if you need to get x-mas gifts for your friends (who hate you right now) *lol.....I see someone posted on the main forum that BBC is on clearance on HSN for $20. Is that a great deal or what??
*lol* about you getting threatened! :eek: :D Your girls love you!

Diana - Hope you get your lunch break today. Any DOMS today from MIS?

Nancy - Hope you are having a fabo friday!:)

BBL girlies

Angie

Morning Ladies .. and happy LONG weekend to me!! :7

It may be a wet and windy long weekend ... but I am determined to have a BLAST for my b-day weekend ... DH said if our trip gets canceled we WILL go somewhere together for the "motel-get-a-way experience" }( }( }(

The storm is not looking as bad as they thought .. so I may still get to go on w/our plans .. we are going to play it by ear!

Taught 6 step heavy shaping last night .. and now the inner thigh, buttocks and hams are sore along w/the lingering ab DOMS ... last night was tough .. SIL did not make it .. she was too sore and started feeling a bit of a sore throat so she took a rest day yesterday!

My other friend is STILL major sore .. she works as an EMT after work .. and she said she could not bend down to lift this person on a gernie b/c she was too sore .. LOL .. she said once she got down she would not be able to get up .. LOL!!! But she is determined to keep at it .. told her next week would not be as bad as the first initial shock of breaking those muscles in!!

Wendy .. love the ankle bracelet idea .. once you get a sketch of it post it for us to see!! what a cute little DUDE too!!

Cathy ... I can not NAP .. if I am napping I have got to be sick w/a fever .. I barely sleep at night much less during the day .. I could never be able to take a nap .. my internal wiring keeps me on high speed all day!! LOL

Angie .. what's on tap for the weekend? any races?? My students love being tortured .. thank goodness .. they may fuss .. but they do love it!! :D

Diana .. hope your work has calmed down some for you .. they started a bootcamp class similar to what you have been doing in a city near here (but they stay inside) .. I told you those classes are the hottest things out there right now!!

OK .. not sure what my sore friends are up to for lunch .. if we do meet it is chest and ab day .. LOL ....oooooohhh not sure if they can handle that on a Friday!! LOL

I will BBL to check in w/you girls ... then I am off for a loooong weekened .. come rain or shine .. or tropical storm .. I am going to have a good time!! CABS all around!!!:9 :7 :7

have a great one!

Angie .. the P90X+ clips .. WOW .. yup .. my hearts starts beating fast and my muscles start quivering just watching that clip!! YIKES!:eek:

Hello Ladies.

I am sitting here drinking java trying to convince myself I have the energy for C&B today. Perhaps if I turn it on, knowing I can stare at Tony for an hour will help drive me to do it!}( OMG, it should be ILLEGAL to look that good in your mid 40's!!!:7

Angie: My credit card is sooooo ready for P90X+!!!!!!!!!}(

Laura: Your poor sore friend and SIL! }( I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can still go through with your original B'day plans but if not I am sure your DH will find a way to keep you happy!;) LOL

So I came home to find that my dog had an "accident" in my son's room. ARGH! I was soooo pissed! x( He rarely messes in the house so when he does I have to assume it was an emergency but it still ticks me off cause I HATE cleaning it up! BLECH!

I may go over to a co-workers place tonight for a few CABS after Joey goes down for the night. Should be fun. :9

Alrighty...it's now or never ladies.....Tony-HERE I COME BABY!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

It's pretty quiet in here today girls - ya'll must be busy workin out!:)

Hey Laura - You're poor friends!}( You must be uber motivating for them to keep coming back for more. LOL
So, if the weekend serves you lemons....you're off to make lemonade eh? Sounds like no matter what, you're gonna have a great time. Now that's the way to enjoy life - you go girl!
As for the weekend, yup - there's a race but I doubt I'll sit in front of the TV to watch it all weekend....I rarely do, although I always have the TV on with the race on, so when I walk by I can catch up. Unfortunately, I have more cleanmax to do. I have most of the upstairs done, now the downstairs and 5th wheel..... My schedule is fairly tight the next couple of weeks and I need to have everything spic and span by Oct 13th for our annual nascar party. The only other thing I have to do is go to Cody's football game on Saturday....which will be a welcome break I'm sure. I hope I don't get a major case of the lazies this weekend!

Where are you Diana?

OK - I'd better head down and see what I have on the agenda for today. I think it's PLB or S&H legs maybe? I gotta quit stalling and just suck it up and go! I'll let ya know later what it was.

Angie

Hi ladies,

I'm here, just super busy at work. I did lowmax this morning and my legs were sore from yesterday's bootcamp. Our bootcamp instructor has invited her a.m. and p.m. bootcamp classes to her house tonight for some finger foods and fun. I think a group of us will still meet on Sundays and choose some of our favorite workouts from the summer.

Cathy-Your going to try stepping after you go to happy hour??? I would not recommend that. Have fun at happy hour and do basic step tomorrow! Hope you like it!

Wendy-I'm looking forward to seeing the artwork for the ankle bracelet. It sounds awesome! Good Luck with Chest & Back today.

Angie-I haven't had a chance to check out the clips yet, but I will. I'm with you, if I'm taking a nap it is at least 2 hours and I better not be woken up either!

Laura-it sounds like your almost back to your pre TB incident self:) It sounds like even though your friends are sore, they are not giving up. Hope you have wonderful long birthday weekend. You'll have give us all the details when you return.

Nancy-how is school going for you? Hope all is well.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Diana

Oh my, I just viewed the P90X++++++ clips. What do you think girls? I think we can bring it}( When are these new w/o's going to be released?

Diana

I'm back...

I ended up doing 1 round of Chest and Back and then I did the core/ab work from All Body Attack. I got DOMS from this ab work earlier in the week so it was calling me back again!}( It was a nice solid hour long work out. I am happy. :)

Angie: So what did you end up doing today for your work out? Are you following any kind of rotation?

Diana: Your GTG with your bootcamp buddies and instructor sounds fun. That's very nice of the instructor to host a little end of session "party" like that. Getting together to do your fave BC work outs on Sundays sounds like a great idea as well. Where do you live...I'm moving cuz I want to do it with you all!:7 Good job doing LowMax on sore legs! You are da bomb!}(

I am wondering if there is going to be too much going on in this ankle bracelet idea to be able to fit it all with out making it huge or cluttered or something!?! I want it to be rather small and delicate looking, not big and bulky and over-done. The writing and artwork will have to be small in order for it to fit as my ankle is only so big. LOL I guess when I bring them my idea I will find out. I would love to bring it to the shop NOW to find out but then I'll want to get it done right away (if my idea is doable) and I really need to wait until the half is complete.

BBL!:D

Ok .. this is my last check in for a while ..

We are getting some of the storm here .. LOTS of wind .. about 25 MPH . . and heavy rain ... THANK GOODNESS .. man do we ever need the rain .. the storm is going to make landfall earlier than expected .. so my weekend may be doable!!

I ran the idea of trying to fit in everything this weekend instead of picking ONE thing }( .. thinking DH and quiet night at home }( }( tonight ... tommorrow watch my team get their @$$e$ kicked .. then go to Shorter (one place DH wanted to go) .. then come home get up Sunday and go to Biloxi .. eat and gamble .. then come home Monday afternoon/night ... and have Tuesday to recoop and spend the actual b-day w/family! hhmmmm .. sounds doable to me!! wonder if DH billfold can handle it????:D

SIL did not get a lunch .. so sore friend and I opted for errands at lunch and let her catch a break .. she is having her daughters sweet 16 party tommorrow and had lots of last minute things anyway! So today will be an unplanned rest day ..

Tommorrow I am going to ATTEMPT a run on the TM (CC press play) .. if the TB puts up too much of a fuss .. I am going to tackle Body Max 2 .. the ENTIRE workout ... then it will be nonstop celebrating ... probalby lots of CABS .. and food ... and snacks ..

.. ooooohhh .. already feeling sorry for my class next week .. they will pay for me being so BAD!!}( }( LOL LOL LOL {{{{ insert evil grin and wicked laugh }}}

Cathy .. IA w/Diana a workout after happy hour would not be doable for me .. LOL .. screw that .. go and enjoy yourself!! LOL

Diana .. have fun w/the bootcamp gang .. that sounds like a blast too!!

Wendy .. don't know how you feel about "symbols" for words .. kinda like the celtic symbols .. or "ancient language symbols" (thinking of the symbol for yen and yang .. and "om") ... that may be something to think about for your bracelet to keep from looking cluttered .. depends on if you like the way the symbols look and link together!

Angie .. my sore friend ..she is a HUGE nascar fan .. in fact in two weeks she is headed off to one for the first time in several years (she is breaking up w/SO and friends are threatening her life if she doesn't get back to doing things she loves that she stopped doing b/c he did not like it) ... they are taking a camper and sounds like just what your gang does!! I am sure all of you have a blast!!

OK .. I am outta here girls ... workout for me .. hope I don't loose my @$$ .. and trust I will be toasting to you girls taking up my slack while I am goofing off having a blast!!:7

Have a great one!!:7 :7

Hi Cabbers

I ended up doing X L&B with ARX. UG! I felt pukey in the middle of L&B and into ARX but then it finally went away. Tomorrow is KenpoX, which is pretty easy, so if it is from overtraining I should be OK to do that tomorrow and take Sunday off before another hell week starts. Plus I will be able to sleep in tomorrow. Ahhhhhhhh

Wendy - Yup, I'm on a Tony/Cathe mish mosh rotation. I was down a pound this week and am noticing definition again after only 2 weeks so it seems to be working.:)
So, you're off for some CABs eh??:eek: Sounds good! I might have to have one or maybe even 2 tonight as I am getting ready to drop the boys off at Grma's house and when DH comes home it will be just the 2 of us.

Diana - Sounds like maybe CABs all around? Have a great time tonight! Bootcamp might not be over after all??
I forgot....did Jarod have a game this weekend?

Laura - Your plan sounds fun! Hopefully you'll hit the jackpot like you did the last time....wouldn't that be a great B-day present?:7
If your friend doesn't have a great time at a nascar race....then I don't know where she would. It is one giant party! DH says he could go there without a ticket and be just fine with it. The race is NOT the fun part.:eek: And if she's single....and wants to mingle....there's LOTS of testosterone at the races for sure. She'll forget all about X-SO.
Hope you and Sean have a good time tomorrow and it's not too much on your TB...sounds almost naughty doesn't it?:eek: }( :+

Cathe - Breaking your neck on the step after a few CABs is NOT worth getting a workout in.:7 Yikes! IA with Laura...screw it! Are we a bunch of enablers or what??

OK - off to take the monsters to Grma.

Angie

Well, my lazy butt decided not to go CABBING tonight after all. I'm just an old lady at times, I swear!:7

So I have cardio on tap for tomorrow but I have to decide if it will be the gym for a lite run, some fast walking or elliptical work...or staying home and either visiting a Cathe cardio I haven't done in a while or maybe trying out some of All Body Attack's cardio...Hmmmm...I'll be mulling this one over in my dreams tonight, I can see it now! :p

Hope everyone is having a good night and I'll catch you ladies when the sun comes up!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.