CABs & Abs.........hump day

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls!

I've opted for a rest week, and it is absolutely what I needed to do. I had the itch to work out yesterday, but I managed to get 50 papers done along with a little bit of NB stuff. Now only 150 more to go... :7

Wendy :: I hope the external HD does the trick. How do your arms feel today?

Laura :: glad you took the plunge and went for the Lucky's.

Angie :: thank you for "getting" it. :) A lottery would be a good idea. I am definitely interested in going.

Hi Di! You ready for the trip?

Have a great hump day, girls!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good Morning Cabbers. :)

Not sure about the arms yet. Feels like the DOMS is still hangin' on a bit but by the afternoon it could be gone. I'm going to play it by ear today. Truth is, I got DOMS in my upper thigh/hip area from TB+ too and I don't think that is totally gone either! Today may be just yoga at this rate!:7

I read Ang's post about the RT. I had a blast "crashing" it last year with Cathy and would love to go on the "real" RT for many reason but TBH, taking all of those classes has become completely unappealing to me. I know I can opt out but once you are at the gym, you are stuck there until they leave wether you take all of the classes or not. What are you supposed to do then? Things that make you go HMMMM...ITA about the lottery system though or perhaps they should hold it at a bigger facility to allow for more participants? Cathe mentioned throwing around ideas to allow more people to go so I guess we'll just wait and see what she comes up with. :)

Cathy: Glad to hear you put a dent in your grading last night. I am sure this rest week will be a great relief and a big help to you in the end. Good job ignoring the urge to work out y'day. I don't know if I could have done that! }( Have you thought about putting yourself on an every other day rotation for a while once your rest week is complete? Do a little cardio and weights every other day with rest days in between. That should free up some time for you. Just a thought. :)

Ang: I know DH likes to ski and enjoyed himself on Sunday. I also know he'd like to go back but I am sure he "can wait". I'm like the little kid out of the 2 of us. He's more "mature" then me in that way. :7 I still get all excited over Christmas as if I were still 5 years old! I can be such a goof w/certain things. :p So what's on your agenda for today?

Hello ladies!

Kickboxing was excellent .. and SO much easier than last week's!!! I have no DOMS to report!:) .. well a little in the shoulders from the arm work!!

Wendy .. hope I did not mess up by returning the smaller pair and getting a larger pair .. if they stretch out like that. B/c they were not REAL tight .. just tight .. and I was thinking once washed they would be tighter and be uncomfortable .. OH WELL .. we will see!! LOL

Cathy ..enjoy your rest week! sounds like you are in need of one .. and in fact it will be exactly what you need!!

Angie .. you will not regret the press play purchase .. it is my all time favorite .. and really inspiring!

Di .. have not heard from you .. hope all is well .. did your meltdown class .. melt you down?? LOL .. still waiting for a report on the meltdown madness!!

Well .. today is an unintentional rest day for me .. hair apnt at lunch .. and girls get together after work. Our friend w/cancer is not doing well .. she is so sick and so weak from this latest round of chemo .. her VBF is feeling worried and alone so the girls are gathering for support and to send an extra prayer up for her .. then drink some CABS in her honor (the only way she will have it) .. say a prayer for her .. she is having a really hard time of it!;(

OK .. gotta run .. will BBL to see what all of you are up to .. enjoy the day!!:D

Laura: I don't know if you made a mistake exchanging for the larger size but IMO the smaller size would have been fine with all I know about Luckys. In the end though it depends on how you like your jeans to fit! Let me know how it turns out!
Hugs, prayers and good vibes to your sick friend and her VBF. I can't even imagine being in that situation. :-( Sounds like there is a great support system surrounding both ladies though which is important and very helpful. You are a very good friend, Laura!!!:)

I have to hit the work out soon and I think I'll be opting for a leg day with some cardio. Not quite sure which work outs I'll be doing but atleast I've narrowed it down some. ;)

I'm training BF and her friend tonight. Next week I'm starting them on a pyramid down routine. They are gonna hate me! }( LOL

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

Life has just been so busy lately I didn't have a chance to pop in yesterday. Monday I did an ifit workout on the elliptical, Heavy leg training at lunch and my meltdown class in the evening. There are only 7 of us in the class so I'm sure we will get worked really hard. We didn't have a chance to workout on Monday. We were all weighed and measured, took a 3 min step test, pushups, situps, and flexibilty measurements were all taken. I'm really looking forward to this class. We were all asked to take 2 pilates classes this next week. This morning I managed KPC, but didn't have time for the ab work. No worries, my abs and glutes are still sore from my Sunday w/o.

I would love to go on the RT. I hope they do a lottery so I would at least have a chance.

Tomorrow is Jerod's 12th birthday. We are having a bowling party on Saturday but David will be taking him out to dinner for his birthday tomorrow night. I won't be going since I have bootcamp class. But-I did order a big birthday cookie made to have for dessert tomorrow night.

Cathy-I think Wendy's idea is great. Doing a combo of cardio & weights everyother day may work well for you. Enjoy your recovery week. By all means, get a new hair dresser. I use infusium leave in conditioner also. It works great on my think curly mane.

Wendy-I'm glad you had fun skiing and hope you get to go again soon. I'm not sure I care for the mdb site. I don't have time to sign on to log my workout before and after I workout.

Laura-I finally broke down and bought a pair of lucky jeans and I love them. I think they are the sweet n low (not sure). I ended up going up a size, but wish I wouldn't have. They stretch out when you wear them. My normal size seemed a bit too tight in the thighs for me but probably would have been fine if I would've worn them for a bit. I hope you like them as much as the rest of us do.

Angie-Sorry you are having such bad weather. Does the school district incorporate snow days into their schedule. If you have too many snow days do the kids have to make them. I bet they hate that.

Gotta run....

Diana

Ok Wendy and Di .. I may regret sending the smaller size back .. dang it .. b/c they weren't THAT tight .. I just know the other jeans I have if I get them that tight .. they shrink after washing and they get uncomfortalble .. heck .. might have to buy TWO pair now .. I can have one tighter pair ... and one baggier pair ..

Di .. same thing w/me .. the legs (quads/hams) fit tighter than I liked ..so that is why I upped the size .. Which I don't like a tighter thigh (I look as if I have "frog" legs) .. as long as the butt fits well I will be happy!!

should have them by the end of the week and we will see!! :)

Hey .. I LOVE my hair .. she put a honey highlight in .. OMG it is gorgeous! Perfect .. and the cut is great .. I made her write down the color so she will remember next time!! :D

OK .. while you girls are working out .. I will be downing some CABS .. will make a toast to my cyber CAABERS!!!! have a great one!:7

I'm back.

I opted for X Legs and Back but left out the back work and any water breaks. I also upped my weights considerably AND added weights to some of the exercises where Tony does not add them. Can anyone say OUCHEES!? }( I am nixxing the cardio for today. I don't feel a need for it and I really don't have the time anyway so I see no reason to try and squeeze it in. I have a run on tap for tmrw so that's enough to make me happy. I want to do ITread 9/60 and it's a doozy so I'll save the energy for that instead!;)

Diana: Wish your son a happy Birthday from the crazy Cathe Cabbers, okay? No worries on the MDB WOWY thing. It's no big deal if you don't use it. It's a motivational tool and a way to possibly to win prizes if you are into it but if you aren't, no big deal hon! :) Can't wait to hear about your first real melt down class! Hopefully she works you good!}(

Laura: Hey if the jeans are too big you can always exchange them again!:7 Enjoy your cabs tonight!!!!:9

BBL girls!

Good evening girls

I was running and doing errands all day today. Geesh....it feels good to sit down and relax. I was doing grocery shopping for DH who is going on a snowmobile trip this weekend and has to buy food for 7 guys. I told him I would do it since I know he would overspend. He just doesn't know how to shop and find the bargains.:7 I also had to go in town and pick up my tax stuff so I stopped in to Walmart too and got some of his stuff there. $100 later, he should be good to go!
I did CC #6 with Candace on the EXT today. She whooped my butt! I do like the 4DS rotation. I think I'm gonna continue on with this rotation for a while.

Cathy - Ya gotta stop beating yourself up for taking a workout break. I know it must be difficult to do, but you will feel so much less stressed if you can knock down this mountain of work that has piled up on your doorstep. Besides, by taking a break like that, you mix things up and allow great things to happen when you start back up again. Like I said, Cathe's not goin' anywhere!;)

Wendy - How many classes to they do at the RT anyways?? I'll bet we could find a way to pass the time.}( Would it be wrong of us to bring our favorite CABs along??? LOL! We'd be the life of the party for sure.
Hey there's nothing wrong with being a kid at heart! I find the people who are excitable and not so serious are much more fun too.;-)

Laura - So sorry about your friend. I was hoping she was on the road to recovery. How cool of you to be there and offer support to her and VBF.
So glad you had a good hair day. Sometimes that makes all the difference doesn't it?

Diana - You are a workout maniac! LOL Pilates huh? Are you looking forward to that or not so much?
Does Kohls carry Lucky's?
The kids are at their max on snow days. Any more and they will have to make them up.:(

OK - I gotta go take a peek at the moon. There's supposed to be a lunar eclipse tonight and won't be another one until 2010. Now you know.....

Night all

Angie

Hey girls, thought I stop by before heading up to bed.

Angie-I picked up my Lucky jeans at Costco for $39.99. I always get compliments when I wear them. Kohl's does not carry them. I do enjoy pilates on the reformer and the mat classes are pretty good. I got to see the eclipse too!

Laura-If the jeans have some stretch, the smaller size would probably be perfect-especially after wearing them for a couple of hours.

Wendy-glad to hear that WOWY is just a motivational tool. Fortunately for the most part I am self motivated.

Laura-Sending prayers and hugs to your friend for a full recovery. Is this her last round of chemo? Glad you like your haircut and color.

See you in the morning.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.