Cabs & abs--here's to FRIDAY!!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :)

I ran out of steam last night to come back & do personals.

I hobbled home STARVED and with a bunch of blisters from my new, evidently-not-so-comfortable flats. I'd missed lunch because one of my at-risk kids came to me sobbing with an issue. All of the above just spelled gloom for a long run. By the time I'd gobbled some grub, it just made more sense to hit the TM for a shorter run, so that's what I opted for (30 min.) I concluded that long runs during the week are just not realistic. I am going to have to soldier through the next few weekends of back-to-back boot camp/long runs.

Wendy ~ oh, they're not really significant troubles. Just some little gripes. For whatever reason, I seem to have a shorter fuse these days. I think I'm tired and ready for summer. Oh, and I don't even want to tell you what I ate yesterday!

Angie ~ mmm, crab legs!!! Delicious! I've only had them once since I found out I am allergic to them, but I love them. Worth the suffering! :7 No shame on you. I haven't been tracking faithfully for months. *lol* I agree with your summer philosophy. ^^^ 5's on making in through all of YogaX! You're a better woman than me! :) Too bad about not having much luck with the final mushroom hunt. I am with you on the grill. Love the little Ziggy blurb.

Di ~ How's your knee feeling today?...Sorry the feet are still giving you pain. You aren't getting a case of PF, are you?...I need to rejoin you on the points. Otherwise I should cancel the subscription.

Have a superb Friday! We have a staff appreciation breakfast this morning (yay!) and I am giving a test. :7 Should be an easy-breezy day. :) :) :)

Workout later will be u/b and abs.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Afternoon Cabber Girls. :)

I am supposed to do yoga today but dagnamit I don't wanna! x( x( x( I don't know what my problem is lately but I'm just not in the mood. ACK! Who knows what I'll do. I could take a rest day as I haven't had a complete rest day in a while but I'm not so sure I want to do that either! LOL I'm thinkin' of trying Tracey's Sculpt Sweatfest. I've had that vid for a while now and haven't tried it ONCE! I'm not sore from NROL y'day and not doing NROL again until Sunday so I think it would be okay, no? Unless...perhaps...dare I say it Cathy...I whip out the ol' kettlebell give THAT a shot instead!?!? }( :7 So many work outs, so little time!:p

Cathy: Hope your kids are crisis-free today. Did the blisters bother you? What do you have in mind for upper body today? Doing abs on the bosu? :)

I'll be back later to let y'all know what kind of work out I did!;)

Ta Ta!

Work out is done!

Sculpt Sweatfest work out #1
Go Fit KB dvd that came with KB
Awaken the Body stretch/yoga dvd

It sounds like alot but it really wasn't. SSF was only about 30 mins tops and the KB work out only took maybe 20 mins. I skipped a couple of exercises there and then Awaken the Body was only about 20 mins as I skipped a section of that as well.

I feel like I did something but it was on the lighter side. Considering this was supposed to be a yoga or rest day, I guess that's a good thing! :7

BBL to see if anyone shows up!;-)

Hi ladies,

I ended up doing SJP this morning (kind of). It's a fun workout but I had to do laundry to so twice i stopped for about 3 minutes or so to switch out the clothes. I also had to skip the abs and cool down as I already rushing to get to my early morning class anyway.

Love Agies quote from yesterday:

today is today. It's not a good day; it's not a bad day. It's a day. And he knows that it's important to give that day the value it deserves.

I've had 2 Quizno sammies for lunch and will be looking up the nutritional value on those so I can track them in my WW log. I'm working through lunch to get caught up on a few things. I've been testing a new system all week and this is the first time I've been back at my own desk this week.

Cathy-sorry about the blisters. I always put bandaids on when I wear new sandals just to prevent blisters until they are broken in. You definitely have to be mentally prepared for the long runs. Before when I could go to lunch whenever, one of my coworkers and I would run for 1 1/2 hrs about once a week. Now I'm lucky if I get to take a lunch at all. No, I don't think I'm getting PF, and I've been told by my foot surgeon that running just isn't the best exercise for me anymore. He suggested cycling and said many runners end up being cyclers.

Wendy-It does sound like you did a lot today. How did you like the KB w/o? They are so expensive and I can't justify the expense at this time-or I would have a couple KB's myself!

Angie-What's on your agenda today?

Diana

Hey girls,

Ahhh, the weekend has commenced. I *love* this feeling. Though it's masking my absolute TERROR over tomorrow's BC class. *lol* 7

Di ~ oddly, I thought I'd broken in these shoes already, but well, apparently not. :) I brought band-aids, but they kept falling off. Mentally, I'm sure I would have appreciated a good run, but between the missed lunch and having my feet stinging like mad, it just wasn't happening. I am better off sticking to the weekends for the long runs, even with BC...That's a bummer about your feet. Wonder if a different shoe style might be necessary since our feet change so much over time. I have been wearing the same Asics style for years but haven't had a true Fleet Feet consultation in a long while. I think I will head over there next time I'm due. I am still waiting on the orthotics from the chiro.

Wendy ~ The blisters/torn skin aren't too bad. They're covered with band aids, and I was able to wear sneakers today. So how'd you like the bells?

Angie ~ what are you up to today, miss? Hope you had a great Friday!

I worked abs & u/b this afternoon using the BOSU. We'll be hitting all the body parts HARD in boot camp tomorrow, so I opted against 4DS. In retrospect, I probably should've added another cardio, but it's too late now. I'm sure I'll burn tons of cals tomorrow, anyway.

Enjoy your Friday night!

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Diana: So how did you do on points with today's lunch? KBs are very expensive which is why it took me so long to acquire one! LOL I had Birthday money to pay for it so the expense was much more easily justified for me. ;)

Cathy: Good thinking going light on the work out tonight. You will be getting a beating in the a.m. for sure but I know you will love every minute of it! Heck, it's what you signed up for, right? }(

As for what I thought of the KB's...I can certainly see them being enjoyable. I had fun trying the moves and got a good mini work out as well. I look forward to doing a "REAL" KB work out in the future. I purchased the 15# kb and it seemed pretty heavy in the store but once I started the exercises, it didn't seem all that heavy at all!:7 I am wondering if I can squeeze this mini kb work out into my NROL rotation as an extra weight work out each week. I'll have to see how it could work. }(

Sculpt Sweatfest was also a first for me today and I must say that I am a fan. I don't think this work out has gotten many good reviews around here but I enjoyed it. I only did the first section though. The ab/core work is phenominal IMO. She also works the shoulders/back really well. There is also a little lower body work as well but you have to be really precise with form or you won't get the full benefit of it. I have to try the 2nd work out now and there are a few premixes on the dvd as well.

I've already done the Awaken the Body stretchy/yoga vid and said how much I liked it and I still do. I need to do that one more often. :)

Okay, that's the low down on my work out. Now I have to get my stuff together as I have a 5k race to run in the morning!:7

Good night!

Hey Wendy ~ when I'm doing weight-bearing exercise, it cannot quite be classified as "light." *lol* Actually, I spent most of the time during the first class cussing inside my head. :7 But I did get really pumped when the trainer told me I was a "tough cookie." :) :) :) I have the Cardio Sweatfest and do not care much for that. Glad you like the sculpt one.

Hey girls

It's been a rough day. Somethings wrong with the dog and we are all sick with worry. She's in pain in the lower part of her body. We're not sure if it's her hips, leg, low back, or belly. She yelps anytime anyone even tries to help move her. The only thing that would perk her ears up this morning was when I asked if she wanted to go for a ride. The words treat and walk didn't even get her to look at me and those are usually "key" words. So, I decided to take her to work with me. When we got there she did go for a short walk with me in the field and next door to the post office. She's doing a bit better but still won't eat. She's p'ing and poo'ing fine so I'm glad about that. I think she's doing a bit better now, but you can tell she's still having pain. It doesn't help that she has an extremely low pain tolerance. She's a very wimpy dog. So, we're gonna see how it all shakes out over the weekend and if she's not on the mend, we'll take her to the vet early next week.

I got home and did L&B but skipped out on ARX. I was nauseated during and after L&B so I didn't want to push it too much with ARX. I'll just add it on tomorrow instead. I think it was b/c I couldn't eat today being so worried about Kirby.

Then, we got a call from our neighbor, who lives downstate but has a summer cottage next to us that they come to often in the summer. Barb called us today and told us that Jack died. I am just sick about it. DH and I were just talking yesterday about the next time they come up, we would do a BBQ and cook up some mushrooms for them. Apparently they wanted to come up and see us and they came up a couple of days ago but were only here for an hour or so when he started to get sick. So, she drove back home to the hospital. We never did see them. He had been having some health problems, but we were hoping he'd pull thru.

Needless to say, it has NOT been a good day. Tomorrow I'm sleeping in and cleaning house. It's supposed to be cold and rainy anyways. I hope I can get out of this funk. I'm just sooooo sad. :-(

Cathy - So sorry the plans went south. So it's BC tomorrow and the long run on Sunday? You are the woman!
You're allergic to shell fish? Bummer!!
I HAD to post the ziggy thing *lol* How often do you hear about the little guy anymore? He was big when I was growing up but I don't see much about him anymore.
Hope you had that easy-breezy day you were hoping for.
Enjoy BC tomorrow! You are a tough cookie.:)

Wendy - Mixin' it up eh? Must be the w/o ADD kickin in.;-) It sure looked like a good w/o.
Best of luck on that 5K tomorrow! I'll bet it will be a walk in the park for you.

Diana - I laughed when I saw you doing laundry and w/o at the same time. Yup, been there...done that. *lol* Now-a-days I usually don't worry about the laundry. But, that's not necessarily a good thing.
Do you like cycling? I've never given it a fair shot. I have an exercise cycle downstairs but I hardly ever use it. It's a cheaper one and it's kinda hard on the butt.}(
I've managed to avoid the KB's as well. However, I'm not sure how much longer that will last. I know it will definitely be after the RT before I cave, since I think I may be bringing some extra $$$ for some things I might find to purchase there. HSC is one w/o that comes to mind that I think I will be buying. I guess that's one way to save on shipping eh? *lol*

OK girls....off to get some much needed sleep. I hope it puts me in a better state of mind. I just want to get over this morbid mood.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.