-- CABs & Abs -- Easy like Sunday Morning

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, Cabbers! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_happy-038.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_happy-038.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_happy-038.gif Hope everyone’s doing well this Sunday morning. I am enjoying some delicious early-morning quiet time.

It was quite the ghost town in here yesterday, huh?
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_rollbusch.gif

Wendy :: BB does seem to be a bit bass-ackwards…no rush for me, but thanks for keeping an eye on it. Would like to hear more of what you think of TJ. Sounds like the choreo may take a little practice.

Angie :: *lol* about you two-timing it with Tony and Sean…you crack me up!…Great deal on the workout gear…High fives on the baggy mediums…Always a good feeling to downsize!!!…I found the Wii at a local GameStop. If and when you’re ready to buy, if there’s still a supply shortage, try www.itrackr.com to see who’s got ‘em in stock near you.

Hi Di and Laura! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Skiing yesterday was a blast…BIG LOVE for the new skis!! I’m so glad I didn’t wait another season to upgrade as my unofficial ski coach suggested I do. These skis were customized for my needs, and the difference it made was instantly obvious. Left turns, for some reason, have been harder for me – not anymore! Everything about these skis just feels right!
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/love/th_biglove.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/love/th_biglove.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/love/th_biglove.gif

OK, I've gushed enough. :7

I zonked out by 6 pm. I suppose the week caught up with me. I’ll laze around a bit this morning, work out, and then begin to tackle my schoolwork/NB. I have a professional day tomorrow, so it’ll be a nice, back-to-back opportunity to get a lot done. I swear, I won't be playing Guitar Hero (too much). }(
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_party0007.gif

Enjoy your day...BBL to see what y'all are up to!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Good Morning Ladies,

I slept in until 8:30-it was wonderful. Breakfast was great yesterday and I really liked Amanda's grandma. Amanda and the girls stayed at my house while Cody to Grandma to the airport. I took the girls upstairs and let Amanda take a 4 1/2 hr nap. She really appreciated it. They will be moving in today but will have through Thursday to get all their stuff moved and the apartment cleaned.

We went to my sister's house last night for my nephews 17th birthday. My sister is the party person in the family and we always have a fun time at her house. Pretty much everyone gave him money since that's really what he needs. He will be using the money for Lacrosse equipment.

Cathy-Glad to hear the new ski's are working out perfectly for you. Too bad you have to spend all your weekend time working. Thankfully you had a 3 day weekend so you could ski at least one day!!

Angie-Nice score with the new w/o clothes, and a smaller size to boot
:) So what 2 w/o's did you do with Sean and Tony yesterday? I never pegged you for a 2-timer!!! MIC was on of my first Cathe purchases and I did it all the time (on a cement basement floor). I wonder if that's why my feet hurt so much now. It is very high impact but I still love it, although it is not a staple like it use to be.

Wendy-I logged in to MDB yesterday and you are still not my coach. I'm sure it will be switched any day now. Looking forward to the torture from the TFH!!! BTW, did you try turbo jam yet? What do you think of it?

Laura-hope you are having a great weekend.

BBL

Diana

Happy lazy Sunday peoples

I'm sitting here watching great cruises on the travel channel. DH is here too but he's on the phone. I hope he's soaking some of it in though. The kids and I would love to try one of these cruises out.:)
Last night dinner out with BF was fun and we had a few CABs after.:9 I had blackened salmon with veges and wild rice for dinner and it was sooooo yummy and it kept me in my calorie range to boot. It allowed me my CABs.:) Then DH and I got home to a house without kids.}( :7 I love when grandma wants the kids to spend the night on the weekends.:)
I really don't have too much on the agenda for today. I have a few things to the clean up but I think I'm gonna curl up with my books after a bit.

Cathy - *lol* I got caught with Sean by DH.:eek: He didn't seem to care too much. Whew! *lol*
OMG....your smilies totally cracked me up this morning. You are too funny.:7
I wonder if the Wii's are still hard to come by. I haven't even looked for them. There's really nothing coming up that the boys deserve such a lavish gift......maybe easter though? I'll have to think on it. Thanks for the info.
Congrats on those new skiis! It's so great when you get something that's unique just to you. I'll bet you'll get lots of use out of them....and such a healthy splurge too!! Ya can't beat that!

Diana - Glad you had such a good time with the family. I'll bet Amanda was very appreciative of the extra Z's. When the kids were that young....I was so wiped out all the time.
I did CC#6 with Sean and great body abs with Tony. Thankfully today is rest day. I got my CC#4 back from BF last night. She never even took off the shrink wrap.:eek: She's not much of an exerciser. She said she could only tolerate a minute on her EXT. I tried hers out and I don't like it at all. My heels were hiked up a lot on her machine and it felt really uncomfortable and non-fluid. I'm so glad I got mine from my sister. I didn't realize how different all these machines can feel. Anyways.....I'm eager to rip open #4 and try it out.
MIC on cement???:eek: Oh my!! My ankle muscles are still slightly sore from MIC a few days ago! Even though I did it on the basement floor, we do have carpet and padding too, yet it was still very high impact. I hate to admit it, but I think I might be getting too old for that kind of impact.:(

Wendy - I'm wondering how you liked TJ as well. Is it a winner??

I'll check back later to see what you cabbers are doing with your lazy Sunday.

Angie

Good Afternoon Ladies.

I just finished my work out and am enjoying some cottage cheese w/berries in it before hitting the showers. Okay, so how many of you are gonna say "cottage cheese!?!? EEEEEWWWW!!!!" LOL Don't worry, I'm used to it. :p

I did Abs/Core+ and S&H Legs and Shoulders. My recovery week starts tomorrow with yoga-OHM. I decided I will recover with cardio and SS work outs before moving on to my X+ rotation on Sunday!}( :+ }(

Hey Diana, get that needle away from your eye-I never said you had to do the SS work outs with me!:7 ;) :p

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday. I hope to get back here later for personals.

Ciao 4 now chicas!:)

Hi girls!

Just finished my workout…a 2 mile outdoor run followed by the first 3 segments (about 20 min.) of Bosu Sports Conditioning: Skiing and segment 1 of Bosu Absolutely Abs. First time I tried both workouts. I really like the skiing/snowboarding drills and want to try to fit this in at least once a week, so I can see if there is any impact next month at Killington. The ab workout was decent but probably not as hard as that on Bosu Blast. At least that's the case for segment 1. The other downside to this DVD is that there is no chaptering, so you have to forward through the introduction. It's 34 min. in length overall, so each ab segment is about 15 minutes.

Di :: I’ll bet that 4.5 hour nap was a Godsend to Amanda…I’ve been doing more lazing today than working, but now that my workout’s done, I will be tackling some schoolwork this evening.

Angie :: Yeah, I’m pretty sure the Wiis have been hard to come by everywhere…I liked your justification of the skis as a healthy splurge – you’re right about that…Glad you enjoyed some kid-free time this weekend. It’s gotta be nice to get a break now and then. So which cruise destinations are you eyeing up?

Wendy :: I just recently started to stomach cottage cheese myself. I mix it with blueberry yogurt to make it palatable. Sounds like a good post-workout snack right now.

For as much sleep as I got last night, I wiped out for a two-hour nap this afternoon. Right about the time I was *supposed* to be working. *heh heh* Great timing, eh? So, it's off to shower and then knock out some schoolwork. Tomorrow's focus will be all NB.

Have a great night, ladies!

I'm back. :)

We had an accident in my house this morning. Scarey...but everyone is OKAY. Here's what happened: I was preparing to make DS and DH pancakes for breakfast. I needed a measuring cup so I went to pull it off the shelf in an upper cabinet in my kitchen and as I did I saw the entire shelf above it starting falling out of the cabinet right towards me! (It was strange cause it seemed like it was happening in slow motion!) It had 3 or 4 pieces of glass pyrex on it!!! I knew I wouldn't be able to save it so I just took off running. Thankfully DS was not with me. He was in the living room with his father. I got away but as I was scurrying around the corner I heard the giangantic *CRASH*! Luckily only 1 piece broke but boy did it shatter into millions of pieces. As you can well imagine DH and I spent ALOT of time cleaning that mess up! I still made pancakes but it was a little delayed. Scarey stuff but no one was hurt and I am soooo thankful DS was NOT in the room at the time! I have a feeling I will be cleaning up glass for weeks now. I have to keep DS from crawling around on the kitchen floor and can't let him run around in there w/o shoes on either for a while. UGH.

Since I guess I forgot to come back with report y'day and y'all are askin' about it...I did Turbo Jam Learn and Burn and just a few minutes of the 20 minute work out. It's way different from Cathe's kickbox but it's a refreshing change IMO. I liked the moves but until I get used them it's gonna be a little hairy doing a "real" TJ work out. LOL So yes, I liked it but I have to allow myself more learning time. I also tried 2 combos of Amy's KBX. I enjoyed that too but again, I need time to learn it. :)

My phone just rang...I'll be back!

Cathy: So what's your favorite song on Guitar Hero so far? }( When we score a Wii I know DH is going to want that one. He liked it. I didn't have the coordination to do it. LOL I will send another email this week if you are not added as my customer in the next couple of days. I have to wonder if it's a matter of them NOT getting the emails cause I'm not getting confirmation emails every time I send something to them. I've always liked cottage cheese. I've eaten it in so many ways that would probably make you ill so I won't get into that here (LOL) but I love it!

Diana: How nice of you to take the girls so Amanda could sleep. When I had Joey my mom stayed with me during the day for the first week. I could have napped at any time but unfortunately, most of the time I stayed up yapping with her while she was doing house work or cooking. I know...dumb move!:p As I said to Cathy, I am still watching for you to be added as my customer. If it doesn't happen over the next couple of days I will shoot them another email. It's annoying but not much else I can do. They are even slow on profile updating. I sent them an update days ago and they haven't done that yet either. I guess they are unusually busy these days.

Ang: I've been on 2 cruises. They are pretty good but if I ever go on another one I want to go on Royal Carribean. They have much bigger ships with more to do then the 2 cruises I was on. I am not the type of person to spend lots of time just sitting by the pool so the days as sea made me a bit crazy at times.

Hiya girls

Dinner is out of the way and I have cleaned the frig and the basement both. I've also got the linens done and a load of whites in the laundry now so after that, there will be no more work for this cabber. Now I'm gonna sit in front of my computer and peck away guilt free!;-) I just might even get to a book later on.

Wendy - I am soooooo glad your accident wasn't as bad as it could have been. I'll bet DH & DS crapped their pants when the "crash" hit. Yikes! Glad to hear no harm done. Hopefully you'll get all those shards up soon.
*lol* about the cottage cheese. I like it but don't eat it very often. I think it's b/c DS beats me to it....he loves his cottage cheese. I have some hidden in the frig right now b/c I need it to make my protein pancakes.;)
Glad you like the TJ workout. It's kinda dancy isn't it?
DH would like me to book a cruise. He wants a freesytle cruise....he's not into dressing up on vacation. Also, we would like to take the kids but not be "surrounded with kids" so we don't want to do a disney cruise. I might let a travel agent take a crack at this since I'm not sure I would be able to arrange the flights and cruise and everything and make it come together like it's supposed to. I'm not a sun worshiper either so I hope there's plenty to do on whatever cruise we decide on.

Cathy - Actually, DH and I generally have quite a bit of kid-free time on the weekends. MIL is lonely since her hubby died last year so she wants them all the time on the weekends. We rarely say no. I love my alone time and DH is usually working on something over the weekend or out snowmobiling with the guys. The kids don't really like to go snowmobiling and they certainly don't like to be around me when I'm cleaning on the weekends so they like to go to grandmas too.
Don't feel bad about getting a nap on Sunday.....that's what god made Sunday for girl! ;-) Besides, I'll bet that will just make you more productive tonight.

Later girls

Angie

Hi ladies,

This afternoon I did 4DS Shoulders and Legs. I wasn't really in the mood for cardio but since I was already doing 4DS, LIS & HIS sounded okay. What a mistake that was. I've done them each once, maybe twice before. LIS started out fine, but on the 3rd section I didn't want to think anymore-I had had it. I stood there looking at cathe and crew working out and thought, your workouts use to be fun. I know, not very nice at all. I wasn't in the "right mind set" for that kind of cardio today.

I will fit in the rest 4DS weights this week along with a good mix of cardio including stepping and elliptical.

I'm trying to update my quicken books and it says my bank site is down for maintenance. It is so annoying. Obviously my good mood has gone by the wayside.

Wendy-How scary, sorry to hear about that. I'm glad no one was hurt. You probably will be finding glass for a while. Joey needs to keep his shoes on in the kitchen. I also eat fat free cottage cheese with berries. I thought that was normal. Well it's normal for you and me anyway.:)

Cathy-How convenient that your nap time should have been your work time (wink wink). Your workout sounds great. Hope it brings you improvement on the slopes!

Have a great evening ladies.

Diana

Angie-I would love to go on a cruise too. I'm hoping DH and I can swing our 20 yr anniversary in Hawaii later this year. Neither one of us has ever been there. We only go away on vacation every 3 to 5 years. Other times we stay home and work on the house, yard etc. We also take the kids to the waterpark and amusement park so it's not all work and no play.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.