Cabs and Abs The day after...Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
WOW, what a let-down. Post R/T and a Monday on the same day? YUCK! :(

Well girls (Ang/Di), I had a blast with you both this weekend. You are both such nice people and fun to hang with! :)

It felt good to get a normal night's sleep last night but I kinda feel like I slept TOO much. Like I would feel after a long nap. Extra coffee comin' my way this morning for sure!

So I might actually do a work out after all today. I'll see how I feel. If I do something it will be upper body only. My calves are on fire so any lower body work or cardio is out of the question. ESPECIALLY IMAX 3!:p LOL

K, just wanted to get us started....BBL!

I have to pop in here today for updates on the travellin' RT'ers.

I just received a text from Di that she didn't get to NYC til 10 pm last night and had to spend the night there. Now she has to fly to DC at noon and should get home tonight at 7 pm!

Wonder if Ange was able to fly out. The storms were pretty intense here.

Ladies, just have to say I so enjoyed our mini-GTG this weekend. So great to meet all of you and hang with Wendy again. You girls are a riot! :) Love ya's!

Thanks for the update Cathy!

WOW, poor Di. I really gotta wonder how Ang made out then. Hopefully she got home last night but she had a 3 hour drive home from the airport so perhaps a lay over would have been a better deal if her flight out was going to be late. Can't wait to hear that they both made it home safe and sound.

Had a blast with you Cathy! Looking forward to the next time. :)

New update: LaGuardia is closed due to the weather and all flights are being diverted to Baltimore now. Poor Di!

Angie made it to Cleveland late last night, stayed overnight in a hotel, and arrived in Flint this morning. She's now on the road -- about an hour left of the drive for her -- AND get this, she's going straight to work!

So where is Di right now then???

Angie faired better for sure but going to work? YIKES! I don't envy either of them. Poor things.:(

Hello ladies

SOOOOOO ... I cant wait to hear about the RT ??? Do spill .. how hard was the w/o's and how little are Cathe and the crew? LOL ... cant wait to see some pics .. I hate I wasn't there to meet all of you and join in on the kick@$$ w/o and GTG!!!!

My vacation was EXCELLENT .. we had a ball .. lots of going .. lots of celebrating and CABS all around ... lots of gambling too ... me and my friend came home with all our money PLUS an extra $300 apeice.... woo hoo (DH's did not fair too good on the winnings .. they are MINUS a lot) !! We played slots and dice .. made up our money on the dice from what we lost at slots AND THEN SOME!! Even managed to get our DH to lay by the pool .. :cool: ... which was a rare treat! The weather was great too .. I was a BUM yesterday .. did nothing but watch movies and clean and do laundry!!

DH and I did make up .. well let's just say he worked at getting out of the doghouse... even the dealers were kidding him about how far he was in or out of the doghouse .. cracked me up!!

I am afraid the W/O were nonexistance .. and you dont even want to know how much we ate .. but luckily kept it 2 ONE big meal a day! the food was AWESOME!!!

So today it is back to reality ... yes Monday's are NEVER fun .. and my work is piled high!! Tonight going to teach a circuit class ... I feel like a bloated slug from all the food and CABS ...that means extra hard w/o's are in my future!!:confused:

Wendy .. glad you had a great time ..
Cathy .. good to hear from you and you got to meet up the the gang!!

Di .. *sigh* .. I can only imagine how frustrated you are!!

Ang ... going in 2 work?? girl you are crazy!! hope you arive safely!

OK .. better run .. cant wait to hear about the RT ... have a great one!:D

Hey Laura!

Happy to hear you had a blast on vacation! Mondays are normally a bummer but the monday after a fun weekend away or vacation is even WORSE...especially when you can't seem to make it home or have been very delayed like our poor Di and Angie!:(

R/T was fab. Food was AWESOME. Classes were sooooo much fun! No matter how tired I was I couldn't skip anything! LOL Di and Ang are absolute sweeties! Love 'em even more now that we got to hang out in person. I was so happy to get to hang out with Cathy again too. So sweet that she picked the girls up from the airport on friday. She actually ended up giving them a ride back there on Sunday as well. Got to meet some other great women. Lots of fun overall even though it was thoroughly exhausting. VERY little sleep was had!

Just finished my work out. I took it easy today. I did Beach Body's GBG arms, abs and stretch. I threw in a set of chest flies, chest presses, one arm db rows and double arm db rows after the arm work since they don't cover that in the GBG series. I did the exercises in the same format as the work out though-2 exercises per body part for 45 seconds each using light weights. It wasn't *tough* but I felt it so I'm happy. I've decided to take a recovery week this week from intense weight lifting so what I did was perfect. :)

Gotta jump in the shower now...hope to BBL though!

I'm HOOOOOOOME!!

Not that I'm thrilled to be home since meeting all of you girls was such a blast, but after spending the entire day at PHL airport........well, you know. That was not one of my fondest memories.:confused: My first flight got delayed, so they switched me to a NWA flight. That flight go delayed, then cancelled and the line at the NWA counter was thru the snakes and out the door of the airport.:mad: So, I called the 1-800 number to re-book a flight. It didn't leave until the next morning. After that I decided to go and see if I could track down my bag. After all, I had nothing better to do.:rolleyes: I got in the Continental line, which was not as long as NWA, but still spent an hour or so there and someone in line was going to FNT too. She was a frequent business flier and apparently knows much more about flights than I do and said she was going to get the flight to CLE that night and get into Flint at 9:15 in the morning which was about 3-4 hours earlier than the flight I re-booked. I got the Continental people to find my bag (believe it or not!) and they re-booked me on the same flight schedule as the woman in line.:D We sat on the tarmack (for our 7pm departure) and finally left at 8:30 with lightning still going on around us. Thank god I had a window seat and was not sitting next to smelly cats.;) The couple sitting next to me were a couple in their 60's that just wanted to sleep. Anyways we got to Cleveland and I stood in line again for a travel voucher for a hotel room and my luggage information. It was $55 for a 6 hour nap and shower. Money WELL spent!! My flight this morning went off without a hitch. I sooooooo did not want to get out of bed though.:confused: I got to work around 12ish. I figured I might as well get it over with. My head was/is in the clouds but I managed to do it anyways. I kept telling myself to pretend I was an airline ticket agent (tired, grumpy, and overworked - yes, a real stretch - lol!) and I was doing this to keep my poor helpless customers happy. It actually did help me push thru it. *lol*

Now, I can sleep in tomorrow!!! Then I need to pack and clean. Oh yes, I'm home!! I really missed the dog. How sad is that that I missed the dog more than DH and the boys.:eek: LOL!! I swear she got bigger while I was gone.

I had soooooo much fun from the get go!!! Everyone was exactly how I envisioned them to be. You girls are DA BOMB!! I had the most fun hangin with my CABbers and Cathy too! And you all look teriffic to boot.;) Definitely memories to cherrish.

I have to say that it was such an incredible experience! I'm so glad I did it! It was kinda surreal to be in the gym at Cathe's STS set and to just stand there and shoot the sh!t with Brenda, Cedie, and Lorraine. I was a bit too nervous to shoot it with Cathe, although I'm sure she would have been really fun to talk to. It's funny how the people in their own town don't even know who they are.

Wendy - Sleep?? What's that? I hope to find out tonight!!
You WORKED OUT TODAY??? Ummmm - who's the crazy one? LOL!
I totally agree.....so much fun.....but so very exhausting!! It was worth it though and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!
You are so much fun!!! I went over and peeked at the Cheetah thread to see if anyone else had travel delays and you mentioned something about saving Lori from a step disaster. What was that about?

Cathy - Thanks so much for checking on me. You are just TOO sweet! I knew you would be.;) I can't possibly thank you enough for the ride to and from the airport. That was just so amazingly wonderful of you. The best part was that it gave us some more time to chit chat.:D I would LOVE to get together again soon. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Diana - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know the frustration you must be feeling, just not to the extent that you are feeling it. It's almost like an ahhhhhhh moment when you board the plane (any plane) after being stuck in the airport for what seems like forever. I hope you get home soon.
I was in the bathroom when you called on Sunday. I couldn't get to my phone in time to catch your call. When I got the phone out of my purse, I didn't immediately recognize the number and kinda thought it was one of Mark's "wood people" since it was his old phone number. I noticed that I only had one bar of energy left and no message was left so I turned my phone off so I would have enough power to keep Mark informed of what my situation was. Lke an idiot I left my charger in my luggage so I couldn't charge it. Then again, I really had no plans on needing to use it. That'll teach me eh? I realized later that it was you but thought you probably called just to see if I was in the same miserable sitation as you. I was!:eek::mad:

Laura - The RT classes were sooo much fun! They really didn't seem as hard to me, but of coarse, she took several water breaks in the live classes and there was also lots of adrenaline to be had by all.:) I LOVED the classes so much. Makes me almost want to move to Jersey, uh, minus the traffic. *lol* Well, at least it was a busy place from what I am used to.
Wish you could've been there. That would have made the experience complete.
Yeah on the cha-ching!! I need to go gambling with you - it seems like you do well on vacation. So very glad you and DH found some common ground. Vacation has a way of doing that.:cool: So all is good now???

It has taken me a very LONG time to post this. I can barely keep my eyes open. I gotta get to bed and can't wait to sleep in. I'm gonna need it since tomorrow the boys are going to the water park with friends and I will be home alone to pack, clean, do laundry, etc. You know the drill. It's so much easier to do when they're gone.

Oh, DH got the camper back and it's mostly fixed.:) Only a couple minor things to fix that we can do later. It looks great!

I can't wait to try KPC and HSTA. Which one of those will I choose tomorrow???? I'm sure it will be one of em for sure! LOVE new Cathe's:cool:

Nighty night - I'll chat with you girls after I slip out of my coma tomorrow.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.