CABs & Abs -- chill out Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :) :) :)

I was up late and should still be sleeping, but for some reason, I'm not. I'm sure there'll be a nap planted somewhere in my day today.

Wendy :: sending lots of strong and speedy vibes to ya!! Can't wait to hear your race report. Go spank those hills!

Angie :: I forgot to answer your question...I *did* read what I set aside for myself on Friday night...but that's only *some* of the mandatory reading...so today I will do more.

As for my workout, it'll be another iClimb...and I don't know what else, if anything, I might add on to it. The new rotation starts tomorrow. And I have GOT to get back on board with my eating.

Have a great day, everyone! BBL...

Morning Cabettes!:p

Cathy: Yeah, we went out for dinner. We headed to Bertuccis. We got the bruschetta appy to split and only ate half of it between the two of us (and it wasn't even big) and then got 2 personal pizzas to share and only ate 1/2 of each. I also had a few of their hot rolls dipped in olive oil that they put out for munching...soooo good!:9 It may not have been a "HEALTHY" meal but I didn't over-eat so I was very pleased with myself. So what happened to the rest of the Birthday celebration group last night? Glad you had a good time. :)

Diana: I am no stranger to spending bocu bucks at Kohl's during the holidays. I do ALOT of Christmas shopping thier myself usually. Glad you got so much done. Good for you!:)

Angie: You are not alone in the bad eating. I am going for round 4 tonight! Going to pick up DS at MIL's and will be staying for dinner. :eek: :eek: :eek: Atleast I am eating right during the day. Tomorrow we are ALL going to clean it up and get back on track though, right? :)

Yay! Somebody's up with me. :)

Wendy :: I was on a Bert's kick for the longest time, and yes, those rolls are DE-lish. Good job keeping the eats in check. I absolutely MUST get back on track...So what's the word on the race this AM?...Not sure what happened last night to the usual crew. Her SO was tired from working around the house all day. He has become a little strange. When I dropped her off from the massage, he was working on the front lawn and didn't turn around for the longest time. Then he waved hello without a smile.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]

Yup, I'm up. :)

I've been AWAKE since before 4am though I didn't get out of bed until close to 6. GRRRR!

I decided last night that I was going to run the race but kept it to myself just incase I had a change of heart.

Do you think BF's SO is pissed because she is going out a bit now instead of allowing him to keep her by his side all of the time??

That stinks! I wanted to sleep in, too, but couldn't, either. I know I'll crash later.

Kinda figured you would run it. :) But would not have thought anything less if you hadn't.

You know, I really do not know what the story is there...I've kinda suspected in recent months that he does not care for me or maybe does not want her hanging out with me as much. In a strange way, I think he might be threatened or jealous of anyone she spends time with. Yesterday morning he texted me to ask what time I was picking her up, then: whether I was picking her up and taking her out, and finally: for about how long. I asked him what time he needed her back, and he said he doesn't - "keep her as long as you like." *shrugs* It bothered me before, but now I just don't worry about it. He doesn't have to like me...I actually don't see her all that much...but she seems to think she is getting him "into line."

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

I am DEFINATELY napping after the race! We are heading to MIL's around 3:30 or so to have dinner and pick up DS so I can't be lazy ALL afternoon long but I'll need my cat nap to re-charge. That's for sure!:) I would actually need it even if I slept in today. Running zaps my energy like nothing else!

LOL about the race. You know me so well already!

Why would the SO text you instead of just asking her what her plans are?? That's odd behavior IMO.

When I raced more often, I would often take naps after. IA - you are spent afterward. In a good way.

I don't know, that's a good question.

[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

For me endorphin rush from running/racing lingers for a while...long enough to get home, eat, hop on the forums for a bit and even shower but when that rush finally starts to fade, man, does it fade fast! LOL I go from feeling fine to wanting to drop almost instantly! :7

Perhaps he doesn't trust her word and is texting you to see if your story differs??? :eek:

Yeah, absolutely...there is that high that follows. So, is it cold out there? I haven't poked out my nose.

That could be. Or maybe he was trying to fish out info about the surprise. I know she was asking him if he knew what it was.

I let my dog out this morning and BRRRRR it was CHILLY!!!!! It's supposed to hit the mid 40's but who knows when that will be! It's gonna be a cold wait for the race to start! *shivers*

So what was the surprise anyway? If you don't mind my asking. :) Is it normal for him to ask you for info like that? If it is, I'd have to say it probably wasn't the surprise that he was after.

What time does the race start?

Oh, sure...the massage was the surprise...No, he doesn't usually ask that stuff, but I think he usually knows what her plans are.

Race starts at 10 am. I wouldn't mind if it started at noon! By then maybe it wouldn't be so darned cold out there! :7

Then perhaps that's all it was...the surprise, I mean....:)

It should warm up some by then.

You know what? At this point, I just say: whatever. He's an odd dude. But she's happy.

I sure hope so but I'm doing the "warm up out there so I don't freeze to death waiting for the race to start" dance just incase!:p :7

True. I guess it all comes back to "live and let live".

Makes me want to go shopping for cold weather gear. :)

Absolutely. It's all about live and let live. ETA: Except for ancient threads that should just bite the big one already.

I feel another Cathy shopping spree comin' on! By the time I get home from the race you will have some new winter runnin' duds, won't ya? }(

Well, this is it...I gotta get going. I need to stop at a store real quick enroute so I'm going to head out now. Hopefully parking won't be atrocious. If I have to park too far away I'm likely never to find my car again...or may way home!:eek:

I'll check in when I get home to let you know how I did!:+

BTW, I agree...the old threads need to go away.

No, I can't...I am going to run out early, though, to do some x-mas shopping--the stuff that can't be purchased online. I'd like to get it over with!

Best of luck!!

Morning girls

Wow, it looks like I'm late to your party.:D LOL! You know me, I usually don't have problems sleeping in. You both sound like you have your day all planned out. I got up to a full pot of coffee and nobody in the house except the dog.:) Even though I should be ecstatic, I know that I have to get off the couch and do some major cleanmax.:-( At least it should be easier to do with everyone gone.
I think I have S&H upper body something to do today. I think it's chest.....maybe those drop sets of push ups are in my future?

Cathy - I have to tame my eating too!
It does sound like BF may be wanting too much too soon. I just don't think folks understand how much work it is to have a kid. It's just something you figure out as you go. I mean, it is possible to do school with an infant. I went to nursing school 2 weeks after having Cody. Actually it was easier to be in school with an infant than it would have been with a toddler. Thankfully I only had one year left of school. But, to start a PhD with an infant......yup - that would defiitely be a challenge. SO would definitely have to step up to the plate and help out A LOT to make it work. He'll be able to manipulate that situation and make it fall apart if he wants to.
Actually, I'll bet you were glad SO didn't make it last night?? I can relate to how you feel on that front. It's not a fun situation to deal with.
Have fun with that new elliptical today. :)

Wendy - Yes....eating WILL be good today. It would probably help me out if I was out running this afternoon....running away from the fridge! LOL!
I can't wait to hear how your run went. Hope you aren't freezing your tuckas off right now. :eek:

Alright, I need to move it move it off the couch and into the laundry room. BBL

Angie

Hi Ladies,

I missed the party too! I was up earlier than normal for the weekend. spent the morning drinking coffee and perusing the internet for deals.

I've been looking at shopping site that Amanda has $1000 gift card for and she doesn't think she'll use it. It has all kinds of things but they are off brands. I was looking at a childs learning laptop, like a leappad but not. I'm more concerned about trying to find the learning cartridges for it since it's an off brand.

You guys are not alone with the bad eating, or in my case, simply overeating. Glad to hear we are all back on track starting today!

I'm going to do CTX upper and a cardio-haven't decided on one yet but probably one of my kickboxing w/o's. My Amy Bento and Kimberly Spreen are both about 80 mins so I might do one of those.

I downloaded Joan Jett and The Bangles to my ipod last night. I know, my age is showing. Oh well, can't wait to listen to them.

Wendy-Hope you have a great run this morning. You go girl...!!! Let us know how you do. I'm sure you'll be great!!!

Cathy-I think it is very weird that your BF SO is texting you to find out what's going on. On the other hand, maybe he wanted to some things around the house (or something for her) while she was gone and needed to know how long that would be. Also, doesn't he have 2 kids already too. I wish her the best. She is fortunate to have a friend like you.

Angie-I'm back to the good eats right along with everyone else here. I'm afraid to step on the scale. My nephew has an irobot scooba that cleans hard floors. I really want one but it is $300-but it does the mopping for me. I thought you might be interested since you love to clean all the time.:)

I need to get off this computer and start laundry too.

BBL

Diana

I went out for some shopping and have now re-joined the party. Ms. Wendy should be getting her booty back here soon to give us the full report! :7

Angie :: No, I wouldn't have minded if her SO had come out w/ us. Things took a turn for the strange in recent months, but I like to keep peace. We do have a ski trip coming up...Enjoy S&H today.

Di :: Wow! $1,000 gift card sounds fantastic for the soon-to-be parents...Yes, BF's SO does have two children already...That may very well be why he was asking as he was doing a lot around the house, or maybe it was just curiosity. I try not to read into things. I was doing that for a time, but I don't think it gets you anywhere. Assuming the negative just breeds more negativity, I think.

Wendy :: BTW...I, with my shopper's willpower of jello, did *not* buy anything for myself at Dick's. Aren't you proud? :7

OK, I feel a nap coming on. BBL.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.