CABs/Abs: Black Fri. ~ fry your muscles AND your cc!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :) :) :)

How were your T’givings? http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/turkeydance.gif Are we wobblin' this morning?

CABs were flowing freely here at my end…even the ol’ Sambuca made an appearance, but I must say, it was one of the more enjoyable large-clan gatherings we’ve had in awhile. I daresay I even enjoyed spending time with DS and BIL.

I am up early as I am still debating if I want to get out there in the Black Friday madness or not.

Angie :: With food as his top priority, Tom is my kinda man. :) …thanks for the info about the pull-ups. I’m in awe that you can do 24 of any kind!!! …Cracked up at the family description…I have a 10 Min. Solutions Rapid Results Pilates that I’ve only tried once…If I remember correctly, though, I think the ab work was challenging. Maybe in small doses.

Wendy :: can’t wait til you get that Strength w/out and see what you think…I really wish there more to choose from because I am *really* digging this piece of equipment…VERY interesting about the pilates tightening up the belly…I can see more definition in my abs, but I still have a low-belly pooch I’m not real thrilled with.

Di :: So, do you think your place really needed to stay open yesterday?…Nice that Jerod was along to keep you company. What's on your shopping list today?

If all goes well with the elliptical assembly today, I'm gonna HAVE to try out that sucker later on. (This gives me more time to recover from last night's indulgences, too. :)) I don't mind passing up an outdoor run because the temps dropped suddenly last night, and now it's COLD! (Yesterday it was 70!) Anyway, I downloaded two iClimbs, so I'll have to give one of 'em a go. I hear good things about 'em.

Have a GREAT day, ladies! BBL...

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Good Morning Cathy and all who follow.

Cathy: So did you make it out to the stores this morning? I was joking with DH that I should get up and hit the stores that open at 4am this morning and I could be back here before DH leaves for work... NOT! LOL If I had any big-ticket items I knew I wanted to buy I would consider an early bird black friday hit for a good deal but other then that, thanks but no thanks!:p :7 I will be sure to get back to you with my BOSU thoughts once the dvd arrives. You KNOW I'll be switching up any work out plans I have in order to use it with the exception of doing it tmrw, Sunday(race day) or Monday. Beyond that I'm ready to roll!}(

My Turkey Day was nice. Not quiet by any means. LOL There were 7 kids there and and atleast the 4 littlest ones were gettin' crazy quite often. }(

For a goof I decided to see how much Turkey Day weight I gained this year so I weighed myself y'day morning and then again this morning. I gained 3.5 pounds from just ONE DAY of bad eating! Crazy, huh? LOL Ofcourse it's going to come off as the week progresses assuming I go back to eating well but it's still nuts! This is why I try to eat healthy as often as I can!!!

When I get done here I have to pack up DS and decide when I want to head out to take him up to MIL's as he is staying there for the weekend. I will work out when I get back.

Well, that's all for now!
BBS!

Morning Cabbers and Black Friday shoppers

I got up and have plenty of time to workout before shoving all kinds of bad food in my face again. I got on the scale this morning since it is my weigh in day today. I was exactly the same as last week. I know if I had behaved last night, it would've been down, but it is what it is. At least I'll have an entire week to repair the damage that I will do today. My eats were pretty good last week except for yesterday. I'm finding that I'm craving sweets and basically everything less with eating more small meals throughout the day.:)

My polar flashed low battery yesterday. Does anyone know how much time I have before I'll need to send it in? I got it at this time last year if I remember correctly. I'll have to search the main boards to see how long it will be gone for once I send it in. It would be nice if we could replace the batteries ourselves. I hope the next one lasts more than a year. I have no idea how long it was sitting on the shelf before I scarfed it up.

Cathy - So glad you have a great Thanksgiving! I had a couple of CABs last night too. I had a couple after we got home since I was the DD yesterday. DH is the DD today so I have a free pass to let the CABs flow freely today.:) Since I'm PMS'ing it, DH WANTS me to indulge! LOL! Hopefully sis won't be a beeiotch. She is extrememly moody and if you catch her at the wrong time.....watch out! I might have to make her some CABs too.
Yes, my inlaws are funny.....I'm sure more-so from afar. I love them....for the most part, but I just feel like we're missing Larry the Cable Guy at our get-togethers. LOL!
Hope you get that elliptical up and running today. That'll be a nice change of pace for you. I asked sis about hers and she's pretty much ready to get rid of it. She said she paid $600 for it and will think about how much she wants for it and let me know. I'm sure the subject will come up later on today. I can already see it in my basement. I hope I don't get too bored with it. I doubt I would use it more than a couple of times per week, but I think it would be easier on my sore heel than step aerobics is.

Are the rest of you girls out buying me presents?:7 I want to know about all the deals I'm missing out on!

I better get my already sore butt downstairs and get GS legs in the bag.}( I won't even be comfortable sitting on the coach after dinner now.:) Oh, well.....it has to be done.

Angie

Hey Wendy - I missed your post....don't know how that happened. Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving too! I'll bet some quiet time this weekend will be much appreciated. So what are you going to do with your alone time today?? Are you going shopping or just staying home and taking it easy before the big race?
That's wild about the weight gain. When I don't log my eats, anything goes. That's why I usually log everyday....but not yesterday or today. I also typically don't get my water in either when I don't log it in.:-( Exercise is usually the only thing I don't cheat on.
So what does the weather look like for your run tomorrow??

Angie

Back again

GS legs is now history! My legs are still shakin'! I opted to do AR200 tomorrow since I was toast after my w/o today. Tomorrow is KenpoX, so I know I'll have the strength after that one to add it on.

OK - off to do one more dinner.....and CABs are in my future!

Have a great one all:)

Angie

Hi Cabbers!:)

I just got done with lunch. I was steam mopping and vacuuming prior to that. Yes, I still *heart* my steam mop for those who are wondering. ;) Anywho, this morning when I was pulling up to the house after dropping DS off at MIL's, my mail lady was delivering my Bosu dvd!!! My work out plan is to do the warm up and upper body segment of that and then probably 4DSKB for cardio. I'd love to get a run in but I know I'd want to punch it into high gear after all I ate y'day and that's not wise with my race coming up on Sunday so I'll resist that urge like a good girl!;)

Angie: The weather for the race on Sunday will be 47 degrees so they say. Now wether that is a good thing or not depends on the wind and the wind chill and that is yet to be determined. My water intake has been cr@ppy for a long time now. I used to do so well but I just got lazy about it and stopped paying attention...x(
Wow, GS legs w/a sore butt!? Bless you girl! You rock! I hope you can walk tmrw!}(

Well, I don't have to rush today to get it done before nap time but I might as well don my work out duds and get to sweatin'. It's either that or a nap!:p

BBL!

RE: CABs/Abs: Black Fri. ~ fry your muscles AND your c...

Hi Cabbies!

I just finished my work out. I ended up doing what I intended but also added on the leg section of the bosu work out after doing cardio. There is one last section of this dvd that is for improving agility. It is cardio based so after doing the upper body I gave it a shot before moving on to 4DSKB. Let's just say I am not good enough with the bosu to do that yet. I lasted only a couple of minutes before quickly realizing that segment is out of my league right now! LOL I liked Bosu DVD overall. I had to cheat and use DB's for the upper body section but I kept 'em light. They used 'em for part of the lower body segment as well but I skipped them there. I worked out for about 90 mins when all was said and done. It was nothing exhausting but a good work out nonetheless.

Time for a shower.

BBL!:)

Wow, the cabbers are quiet today. Everyone must be out shopping!}( }( }(

I am showered up and waiting for DH to get home. We are going out to dinner. NOT that I need to eat crap after y'day's feast but since DS is not home and DH has to work tomorrow so really going OUT tonight is not happening, I figure we should atleast take advantage and grab a meal out sans kiddo. ;-) I thought about saving it for tmrw night but with the race on Sunday I'd rather eat the crap tonight and not tmrw. :7

I am in dire need of sweaters, sweatshirts, fleeces and the like. I have only a few measely tops that are good for the colder weather and really can't wait for Christmas to get them so perhaps I will brave the crowds at Kohl's tomorrow and grab some tops for myself.}(

Well, I'm getting rather tired of talking to myself :p so I'll be back later after I've seen another life-form other than my own appear on the thread! :7 :7 :7

Hi, girls!

Wendy :: YAY on getting the BOSU DVD!!!…I previewed one on Collage…Reactive Strrength?…is that what you have? It looks good…yes, I did go shopping this morning, after all…I was on the bubble about it as nothing really blew me away, but I went out and bought a new robe (for myself – needed a new one) as well as two digital photo frames. One is for my DS & BIL; the other I’m going to keep. I picked up some ski socks and a balaclava to finish off BF’s b’day present and spotted a pair of ski pants on sale for $80. I need to curb my self-indulgent spending here, but the fact is, my pants from last year are too big, and I need the new pair for Colorado next month…I also had to buy new sweaters this year (not today)…I found some really nice ones at LL Bean, J. Jill, and Ann Taylor (those were splurges). Good luck if you go to Kohl’s tomorrow!…Enjoy dinner out ~ where are you heading?

Angie :: I don’t really know about the Polar…mine is less than a year old, so I haven’t run into that yet…I would think the battery should last more than a year, though, shouldn’t it? Well, I hope you don’t have to wait long…I have to admit, I kinda like Larry the Cable Guy…sometimes he is tacky, but other times, I have to laugh…that is AWESOME that sis is going to sell you her elliptical…enjoy the CABs!!!...Are you interested in exchanging mailing addresses to do Christmas cards? Wendy and I are doing them with the cheetahs, so I thought it might be fun for us, too.

Well, this day has flown by...After AM shopping and assisting my dad with the assembly of the elliptical, I took a nap for a few and then wound up having to run back out just now because I forgot the rebate for the digital frames.

I meant to do some work today, and here it is already 6 pm...so after I hit the elliptical shortly, I better settle in with some mandatory reading.

Have a great night!

Back to say I just did the iFit#1 - 20 min. beginner workout. I worked at a quicker pace than suggested, so I worked up a good sweat, but this one is too easy to repeat in the future.

I think the coolest feature of this machine is that I can plug in my iPod on the console and have it play through the speakers. :) :) :) Love that.

Toyed with the idea of doing something as an add-on, but I think I'll leave it that for today, dust myself off here, and make sure I get in some reading.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.